Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pixar vs. Dreamworks Mafia - DP1

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:33:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The cute and cuddly characters of Pixar have banded together and decided that to definitively prove their animation studio is SUPERIOR to all others, they must destroy their rivals through the use of force.

Don't be sucked in by their cuteness. Just because something is cute doesn't mean it can't also be EVIL (see video).

Be warned, each animation studio is willing to form unholy alliances in order to beat the other. Both sides use unsavory tactics. The only thing we can be certain of is that when this is all over, children's movies will no longer be rated PG…

Good luck minions of Pixar and Dreamworks. May the better animation studio prevail. Which will win: quality or quantity?

1. tvellalott
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot
4. marcuscato
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. Medic
8. NERDYKILLER
9. DetectableNinja
10. Socialpinko
11. El Grey
12. innomen
13. Korashk
14. blackhawk1331
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:34:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A lynch takes 8 votes.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:39:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town. Random pressures are in order. VTL Korashk for character claim since I don't think I've ever played with him.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 9:03:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 2:39:22 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I win with the town. Random pressures are in order. VTL Korashk for character claim since I don't think I've ever played with him.

That's not "random" pressure then - that's you pressuring him for a reason. Also, the idea isn't to vote for someone just because you've never played with them. The idea is that you wouldn't be able to tell how to read a new player. You may not have played with Korashk before, but a lot of others have. Actually I feel like all of these players are fairly new lol am I the only one? Regardless, here's my "random" vote - Vote SocialPinko.
President of DDO
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 9:44:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 9:03:16 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/29/2011 2:39:22 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I win with the town. Random pressures are in order. VTL Korashk for character claim since I don't think I've ever played with him.

That's not "random" pressure then - that's you pressuring him for a reason. Also, the idea isn't to vote for someone just because you've never played with them. The idea is that you wouldn't be able to tell how to read a new player. You may not have played with Korashk before, but a lot of others have. Actually I feel like all of these players are fairly new lol am I the only one? Regardless, here's my "random" vote - Vote SocialPinko.

isn't the fact that he said "since i don't think i've ever played with him" basically implying that he can't get a read from him? FOS on danielle for splitting votes and stating the obvious. I haven't played with Korashk either. Vtl Korashk
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:08:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 9:03:16 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/29/2011 2:39:22 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I win with the town. Random pressures are in order. VTL Korashk for character claim since I don't think I've ever played with him.

That's not "random" pressure then - that's you pressuring him for a reason. Also, the idea isn't to vote for someone just because you've never played with them. The idea is that you wouldn't be able to tell how to read a new player. You may not have played with Korashk before, but a lot of others have. Actually I feel like all of these players are fairly new lol am I the only one? Regardless, here's my "random" vote - Vote SocialPinko.

Why do people always call me out on random votes in the first Dp? It's random because he has yet to do anything suspicious and yes it's obvious why me not playing with him would make me want to get a claim from him, since I have no read on him or his playing style. This is how you play every game but when I do it I'm suspicious? Also, I've played a few games now with the newer players in Medic's beginner games and the last few regular games. Even though they're new I know a whole lot more about their playing style than I do Korashk's.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:21:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Korashk – 2/8 – spinko, lickdafoot
Spinko – 1/8 - danielle
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:07:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay--I'll add some random pressure. VTL Korashk.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:55:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 11:07:58 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Okay--I'll add some random pressure. VTL Korashk.

Taking a bat-break D??

I win with the town.

VTL Korashk
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 12:21:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 11:07:58 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Okay--I'll add some random pressure. VTL Korashk.

Ah, yes. I win with the town.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 12:28:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 2:39:22 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I win with the town. Random pressures are in order. VTL Korashk for character claim since I don't think I've ever played with him.

We've played games together before, I'm sure. Granted, they were a long time ago and probably not that numerous.

I'm Master Shifu.

I win with the town. (I'm legitimately surprised that this is still a thing).
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 12:52:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 12:19:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am a winner with the town.

VTL Spinko

Notice Greyparrot jumping on Danielle's baseless bandwagon with no justification. FOS, Danielle might have had a point since my wording could have been confusing in my first post, but I explained myself and thus GP has no excuse. Granted he does seem to play like a jester in every game.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:23:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 12:52:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/29/2011 12:19:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am a winner with the town.

VTL Spinko

Notice Greyparrot jumping on Danielle's baseless bandwagon with no justification. FOS, Danielle might have had a point since my wording could have been confusing in my first post, but I explained myself and thus GP has no excuse. Granted he does seem to play like a jester in every game.

Mirroring any vote right now is pretty much baseless. FOS for the FOS.

Unvote
VTL Spinko.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:27:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Korashk – 3/8 – spinko, lickdafoot, dninja
Spinko – 3/8 – Danielle, greyparrot, medic
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:53:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. tvellalott
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot
4. marcuscato
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. Medic
8. NERDYKILLER
9. DetectableNinja
10. Socialpinko
11. El Grey
12. innomen
13. Korashk- Master Shifu
14. blackhawk1331
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:41:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just checking in. I win with the town. I'm not going to pressure spinko because I really don't see him as that suspicious right now.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:52:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 12:52:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/29/2011 12:19:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am a winner with the town.

VTL Spinko

Notice Greyparrot jumping on Danielle's baseless bandwagon with no justification. FOS, Danielle might have had a point since my wording could have been confusing in my first post, but I explained myself and thus GP has no excuse. Granted he does seem to play like a jester in every game.

You're going to have to give it up spinko, i saw this a mile away on your first post. It's an idiotic thing that happens when you are the first to accuse, you are immediately thought guilty.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 6:11:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 4:41:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Just checking in. I win with the town. I'm not going to pressure spinko because I really don't see him as that suspicious right now.

Nobody is that suspicious right now, and neither was Korashk when Spinko first voted for him. It's how we start games and you know that. You might as well claim now because you're next.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 7:15:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Eh. Why not? We gotta start with a claim SOMEWHERE, and a split vote won't do that.

UNVOTE, VTL spinko
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 10:51:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just checking in (as some might know I've been incredibly busy this weekend) . I won't vote on Social as he already has 5 on him, which I think is sufficient pressure.

I win with the town.

There's not really too much else to say at this point.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 11:49:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 9:44:59 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
isn't the fact that he said "since i don't think i've ever played with him" basically implying that he can't get a read from him? FOS on danielle for splitting votes and stating the obvious. I haven't played with Korashk either. Vtl Korashk

I don't really care if Social can't get a read on him. If he wants to vote for him because of that, that's his prerogative. I don't have to follow it and vote along just because the person before me did. That's called bandwagoning sweetheart, and I don't believe in "random" pressure. By that I mean I always have a justification for my vote (even if nobody else agrees with it, such as going for n00bs because they're hard to read). If I agreed with Spinko that I couldn't get a read on Korashk, I would have voted for him also. But Korashk has played in twice the amount of games of any other player here, including Spinko (except me). Therefore there is no reason for me to "randomly" select Korashk off the bat. I went with Spinko because I did not agree with his justification and so that's who I happened to want to go for at the time - not because he posted first, or pressured someone first (so innomen it's BS that said person will always become a target; I am usually the very first person to pressure anyone). Spinko's post rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason and so I cast my vote. Now we wait.
President of DDO
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 12:00:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I suppose I could see how Shreaks character would fit a miller but I would have though Dreamworks biggest franchise would have gotten a more powerfull, better role.

But Macuscat claimed it right away, so theres really little reason to question he's a miller right now as his actions make sense with it, and if he were not he would get cc for claiming shreak

I dont know what to think of Master Shifu being in the game right now, I could see that role with a protective role cause he is a gaudien of sorts, as he gaurds the dragon scroll.

I would add my vote to pressure spinko, but he's got 5 on him right now out of the 8 needed to lynch, I think that degree of pressure is fine for now.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 2:46:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Korashk – 1/8 – spinko,
Spinko – 5/8 – Danielle, greyparrot, medic, dninja, lickdafoot
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 5:25:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello everyone!
We have two claims and there is enough pressure on socialpinko to get a claim from him today. The logical thing to do is get a claim from him and go to the night phase. If anyone wants to call for the doctor on them tonight, do so now.

VOTE No Lynch
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 8:46:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/30/2011 5:25:12 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Hello everyone!
We have two claims and there is enough pressure on socialpinko to get a claim from him today. The logical thing to do is get a claim from him and go to the night phase. If anyone wants to call for the doctor on them tonight, do so now.

VOTE No Lynch

I'd like to get a claim from BH after he refused to go along with pressuring Spinko but if everyone else wants a NL I'll go with the flow.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 9:31:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Eh unvote and vote No Lynch. I didn't realize that we'd had 2 claims because the miller came forward, and I don't suspect Spinko enough to proceed.
President of DDO