Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mafia players rank

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 4:46:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is just a thread to open up discussion on the best of the best as far as mafia on this site goes. Here is my list. They can be current or long gone players.

1. Bluesteel
2. Logic_on_Rails
3. Danielle

After these three it's mostly splitting hairs but these two always stand out.

4. Tvellalott
5. Askbob
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 8:57:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I agree - bluesteel is by far the best player and needs to be killed first in every single game immediately. If not killed, then investigated. After him comes Logic. After that most certainly does not come me. I actually suck at mafia and find myself to be very overrated. I'm really terrible at figuring out game dynamics and my gut instincts suck. I am probably among the worst players. This means that people should NOT I repeat NOT fvcking kill me first every fvcking time... why would they? I'm not that great. I'm no better than anyone else. There is absolutely no reason to target me first for every single investigation. There is no reason to target me at all. I'm barely subpar. Please divert all of your attention away from me from here on out. Thank you.
President of DDO
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 9:13:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 4:46:55 AM, socialpinko wrote:
This is just a thread to open up discussion on the best of the best as far as mafia on this site goes. Here is my list. They can be current or long gone players.

1. Bluesteel
2. Logic_on_Rails
3. Danielle

After these three it's mostly splitting hairs but these two always stand out.

4. Tvellalott
5. Askbob

Just my personal opinion but I don't think drawing even more attention to the best players is a good idea. I mean it's nice to let people know that we recognize them as the best, but that recognition also makes them an even bigger target.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 9:37:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 8:57:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
I agree - bluesteel is by far the best player and needs to be killed first in every single game immediately. If not killed, then investigated. After him comes Logic. After that most certainly does not come me. I actually suck at mafia and find myself to be very overrated. I'm really terrible at figuring out game dynamics and my gut instincts suck. I am probably among the worst players. This means that people should NOT I repeat NOT fvcking kill me first every fvcking time... why would they? I'm not that great. I'm no better than anyone else. There is absolutely no reason to target me first for every single investigation. There is no reason to target me at all. I'm barely subpar. Please divert all of your attention away from me from here on out. Thank you.

it's the boobs. :P
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 9:48:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
danielle is way better than me. Her reads are scary. She can call out every single mafioso somehow on DP1. You should definitely always kill her first.

tv is also better. Look how he played us for fools in the NT game. And he had a way better claim than me in the Fakelore game. He won that single-handedly.

Logic is also better than me, as is marauder. Medic is also a really good townie who most mods seem to give the power roles to. You should always kill him second. Ore_Ele is a sneaky little batard so investigate him first out of everyone.

Really though: This whole round of newer players is actually really good. You should all watch out for them as they get even better with experience.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:48:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 9:48:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
danielle is way better than me. Her reads are scary. She can call out every single mafioso somehow on DP1. You should definitely always kill her first.

tv is also better. Look how he played us for fools in the NT game. And he had a way better claim than me in the Fakelore game. He won that single-handedly.

Logic is also better than me, as is marauder. Medic is also a really good townie who most mods seem to give the power roles to. You should always kill him second. Ore_Ele is a sneaky little batard so investigate him first out of everyone.

Really though: This whole round of newer players is actually really good. You should all watch out for them as they get even better with experience.

Screw what I said earlier, Bluesteel needs to go first if you want to have a chance.
He's so good that it's almost as if he has hacked into every mafia player's account and had your role pm's automatically cc'd to himself.

Danielle and Lickdafoot have boobs, nuff said. They're so good that they make the next best player TV, totally speechless, which is quite a feat. All he can come up with in response is, "Tits or GTFO".

I only get good roles because I can put together a convincing case against a player. Problem is that when the truth comes out, that player turns out to be my teammate, so I'm good to help balance the game. It's like having a 5th mafia that wins with the town that never wins.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 2:54:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lickdafoot needs to be targeted first. She has an uncanny knack of making people trust her. If she is town which she often is, she can spot the mafia in a couple of pages of posts. When you are chosen as mafia, and she is in the game and is town, you need to watch out for yourself. You can't run, you can't hide, you can't even get her lynched because she is trusted so much. There is no escape from the piercing gaze of Lickdafoot. Even if you slip up the slightest, she will be onto you and won't let go until you are dead. Kill her at the first opportunity or play at your own risk and meet your end at the hands of Lickdafoot.

Mafia, you have been warned, beware,
Of finding more than titties there.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 3:02:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I never really got this. Yes the superior deductive skills go to Danielle, she is scary good, and Bluesteel is not much worse.

However, a major component and objective of the game is to survive, and one would think that if you could employ those skills, and still stay under the radar so you aren't knocked off in the first couple day phases, that would be as much of an asset and mark of a good player.

I also think that Mestari has proven himself as a decent player among the newbs.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 12:49:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 4:46:55 AM, socialpinko wrote:
This is just a thread to open up discussion on the best of the best as far as mafia on this site goes. Here is my list. They can be current or long gone players.

1. Bluesteel
2. Logic_on_Rails
3. Danielle

After these three it's mostly splitting hairs but these two always stand out.

4. Tvellalott
5. Askbob

You know who is missing from this list.................................
.............
.....Me.
of course my awesomeness is to much to be contained by your list of top tier players because that suggest that any are in my league enough to share placement on a list with me. So you might as well not put me on it.

pretend arrogance is fun sometimes ;)
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 5:22:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 8:57:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
I agree - bluesteel is by far the best player and needs to be killed first in every single game immediately. If not killed, then investigated. After him comes Logic. After that most certainly does not come me. I actually suck at mafia and find myself to be very overrated. I'm really terrible at figuring out game dynamics and my gut instincts suck. I am probably among the worst players. This means that people should NOT I repeat NOT fvcking kill me first every fvcking time... why would they? I'm not that great. I'm no better than anyone else. There is absolutely no reason to target me first for every single investigation. There is no reason to target me at all. I'm barely subpar. Please divert all of your attention away from me from here on out. Thank you.

Lol. ^_^
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:29:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/29/2011 3:02:53 PM, innomen wrote:
I never really got this. Yes the superior deductive skills go to Danielle, she is scary good, and Bluesteel is not much worse.

Definitely agreed.

However, a major component and objective of the game is to survive, and one would think that if you could employ those skills, and still stay under the radar so you aren't knocked off in the first couple day phases, that would be as much of an asset and mark of a good player.

What skill can you develop to 'survive' ? If the Mafia plan is to eliminate all good deductive / persuasive players then short of mod consultation on getting protective roles the only way to live is be less helpful, which isn't a good thing.

I also think that Mestari has proven himself as a decent player among the newbs.

Mestari's definitely a strong player among the new players, although many new players are quite competent.

Like Medic said, it's great to have a list for game balance reasons and the accolades, but there's a worrying trend now. The prevalence of killing good people, not good roles is on the rise - beginners are viewing this idea as run of the mill and even eliminating their tutors in beginner games instantly! For those high on this list, this list is dangerous, especially when beginners see this list endorsed by an experienced player like yourself Social.

Also, the list doesn't allow for a skilled townie section - some players are better at town, some are better at Mafia, some are good at both.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:31:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:29:39 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 10/29/2011 3:02:53 PM, innomen wrote:
I never really got this. Yes the superior deductive skills go to Danielle, she is scary good, and Bluesteel is not much worse.

Definitely agreed.

However, a major component and objective of the game is to survive, and one would think that if you could employ those skills, and still stay under the radar so you aren't knocked off in the first couple day phases, that would be as much of an asset and mark of a good player.

What skill can you develop to 'survive' ? If the Mafia plan is to eliminate all good deductive / persuasive players then short of mod consultation on getting protective roles the only way to live is be less helpful, which isn't a good thing.

I also think that Mestari has proven himself as a decent player among the newbs.

Mestari's definitely a strong player among the new players, although many new players are quite competent.

Like Medic said, it's great to have a list for game balance reasons and the accolades, but there's a worrying trend now. The prevalence of killing good people, not good roles is on the rise - beginners are viewing this idea as run of the mill and even eliminating their tutors in beginner games instantly! For those high on this list, this list is dangerous, especially when beginners see this list endorsed by an experienced player like yourself Social.

Also, the list doesn't allow for a skilled townie section - some players are better at town, some are better at Mafia, some are good at both.

So we should just let TV stick around even if we know that he is mafia? No offense to TV, but I find the idea of not eliminating known mafiosos quite ridiculous.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:40:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:31:48 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

So we should just let TV stick around even if we know that he is mafia? No offense to TV, but I find the idea of not eliminating known mafiosos quite ridiculous.

Yes, kill known Mafia obviously. I'm arguing against the general trend of recent game, not specifics. PM me if you want me to go more in depth as I don't want this thread derailed.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 2:45:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:31:48 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So we should just let TV stick around even if we know that he is mafia? No offense to TV, but I find the idea of not eliminating known mafiosos quite ridiculous.

The point is, two investigative roles were on me on NP1.
I was Godfather and I was still found out. >_<
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 6:23:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Am I the only one who gets pissed off by Grey's play style? It's as though he's playing like a jester in every game.

It's brilliant, but also very dangerous and radical.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 6:24:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 6:23:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Am I the only one who gets pissed off by Grey's play style?
No.

It's as though he's playing like a jester in every game.
Yes.

It's brilliant, but also very dangerous and radical.
I don't like it. No offense Grey. I was referring to your play style, not yourself.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 6:26:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have no idea. Can someone describe his play style?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 6:46:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 6:26:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I have no idea. Can someone describe his play style?

He plays as though he has some sort of higher knowledge--like he's omniscient. "Smug," would be a good word. It's like he's begging to be lynched or NK'd. But for some reason he never is until late in the game.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 8:45:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:29:39 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 10/29/2011 3:02:53 PM, innomen wrote:
I never really got this. Yes the superior deductive skills go to Danielle, she is scary good, and Bluesteel is not much worse.

Definitely agreed.

However, a major component and objective of the game is to survive, and one would think that if you could employ those skills, and still stay under the radar so you aren't knocked off in the first couple day phases, that would be as much of an asset and mark of a good player.

What skill can you develop to 'survive' ? If the Mafia plan is to eliminate all good deductive / persuasive players then short of mod consultation on getting protective roles the only way to live is be less helpful, which isn't a good thing.

I also think that Mestari has proven himself as a decent player among the newbs.

Mestari's definitely a strong player among the new players, although many new players are quite competent.

Like Medic said, it's great to have a list for game balance reasons and the accolades, but there's a worrying trend now. The prevalence of killing good people, not good roles is on the rise - beginners are viewing this idea as run of the mill and even eliminating their tutors in beginner games instantly! For those high on this list, this list is dangerous, especially when beginners see this list endorsed by an experienced player like yourself Social.

Also, the list doesn't allow for a skilled townie section - some players are better at town, some are better at Mafia, some are good at both.

Oops...
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 9:58:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 6:23:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Am I the only one who gets pissed off by Grey's play style? It's as though he's playing like a jester in every game.

It's brilliant, but also very dangerous and radical.

aww, grey is one of my favorite players. his radical posts make it fun :P
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:05:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 12:29:39 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 10/29/2011 3:02:53 PM, innomen wrote:
I never really got this. Yes the superior deductive skills go to Danielle, she is scary good, and Bluesteel is not much worse.

Definitely agreed.

However, a major component and objective of the game is to survive, and one would think that if you could employ those skills, and still stay under the radar so you aren't knocked off in the first couple day phases, that would be as much of an asset and mark of a good player.

What skill can you develop to 'survive' ? If the Mafia plan is to eliminate all good deductive / persuasive players then short of mod consultation on getting protective roles the only way to live is be less helpful, which isn't a good thing.

I also think that Mestari has proven himself as a decent player among the newbs.

Mestari's definitely a strong player among the new players, although many new players are quite competent.

Like Medic said, it's great to have a list for game balance reasons and the accolades, but there's a worrying trend now. The prevalence of killing good people, not good roles is on the rise - beginners are viewing this idea as run of the mill and even eliminating their tutors in beginner games instantly! For those high on this list, this list is dangerous, especially when beginners see this list endorsed by an experienced player like yourself Social.

Also, the list doesn't allow for a skilled townie section - some players are better at town, some are better at Mafia, some are good at both.

When you are very aggressive against those you feel are mafia, mafia will want to take you out. However, if you are a little bit more subtle in pointing out the inconsistencies of a mafia player, you'll survive. Surviving is about staying under the radar in both town and mafia, and if you're constantly hammering overtly, without mercy, that's not staying under the radar, and you will be taken out.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:14:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:05:24 PM, innomen wrote:
When you are very aggressive against those you feel are mafia, mafia will want to take you out. However, if you are a little bit more subtle in pointing out the inconsistencies of a mafia player, you'll survive. Surviving is about staying under the radar in both town and mafia, and if you're constantly hammering overtly, without mercy, that's not staying under the radar, and you will be taken out.

Only if your gut and/or scum-hunting is good.
An aggressive player with crappy instincts may be beneficial to town.
If I think I can fool Danielle and bluesteel, ala NT Mafia, I'll keep them alive.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:18:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:05:24 PM, innomen wrote:
When you are very aggressive against those you feel are mafia, mafia will want to take you out. However, if you are a little bit more subtle in pointing out the inconsistencies of a mafia player, you'll survive. Surviving is about staying under the radar in both town and mafia, and if you're constantly hammering overtly, without mercy, that's not staying under the radar, and you will be taken out.

I think part of the reason for that is that you don't want to be beaten by a certain specific player. If you and player X are extremely competitive, and you would hate to be outmaneuvered by player X, then player Y can cast suspicion on player X to get a vote from you and possibly a lynch. If player Y happens to be mafia, you just lost the game. Being aggressive is bound to make you some enemies, and the people who are really good are the ones that can overlook that animosity and see if it was indeed player Y that was more suspicious. Many beginners need to work on this.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:20:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:18:08 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/1/2011 5:05:24 PM, innomen wrote:
When you are very aggressive against those you feel are mafia, mafia will want to take you out. However, if you are a little bit more subtle in pointing out the inconsistencies of a mafia player, you'll survive. Surviving is about staying under the radar in both town and mafia, and if you're constantly hammering overtly, without mercy, that's not staying under the radar, and you will be taken out.

I think part of the reason for that is that you don't want to be beaten by a certain specific player. If you and player X are extremely competitive, and you would hate to be outmaneuvered by player X, then player Y can cast suspicion on player X to get a vote from you and possibly a lynch. If player Y happens to be mafia, you just lost the game. Being aggressive is bound to make you some enemies, and the people who are really good are the ones that can overlook that animosity and see if it was indeed player Y that was more suspicious. Many beginners need to work on this.

I remember one game Danielle lead a lynch on me while I was mafia (can't remember which game it was) and I swore that if I were mafia and she was town, that I would kill her NP1 every time, because she was too damn dangerous.
Unfortunately when I did kill her, everyone remembered that I'd sworn to kill her and I was lynched. :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:25:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, well I happened to be mafia with you when you swore vengeance on danielle and then was town in the next game (Green Day mafia).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:35:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 6:25:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, well I happened to be mafia with you when you swore vengeance on danielle and then was town in the next game (Green Day mafia).

That's right. It was YOU! :P :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 10:20:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And since we are talking about who is skilled out of the new batch of players...

LDF is the best newb atm, her reads are great. I am terrible at town play and should not even be put on the same lists as her.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 11:46:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 6:46:16 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/31/2011 6:26:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I have no idea. Can someone describe his play style?

He plays as though he has some sort of higher knowledge--like he's omniscient. "Smug," would be a good word. It's like he's begging to be lynched or NK'd. But for some reason he never is until late in the game.

hahahaahahahaaha
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 11:50:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/31/2011 9:58:44 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/31/2011 6:23:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Am I the only one who gets pissed off by Grey's play style? It's as though he's playing like a jester in every game.

It's brilliant, but also very dangerous and radical.

aww, grey is one of my favorite players. his radical posts make it fun :P

I'm suprised you still think I am fun after I blew you up twice when you randomly had the highest power role :P