Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 2.2- Day Phase 5

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 9:33:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The night was a costly one for the town. Not only did they lose two more members, they also lost all their protection. Joseph "The Mangler" Mangarelli(Marcus) and Antonio "Big Tony" Provenzano(Crede), were both found dead this morning at their posts.

Dead Pool:

F-16 Fighting Falcon- You are Giuseppe "The Schnoz" Marconi, the town doctor. Every night you may pick a player and that player will be immune to kills. You win with the town.

Logic-on-rails- You are Alfonse "Thumbs" Cuchinelli, a third party daytime serial killer. You will only be allowed to kill every other day (1st DP, 3rd, 5th, etc.), but may pass if you choose. You will cut off the thumbs of your victims and leave them between the teeth. Your kill will be announced no sooner than 15 minutes after I receive the order in your pm, so that you can be off-line when it's announced, if you choose. You win first place if you complete three kills, or are alive when the game ends.

Partem Ruhem- You are Salvatore "Bones" Bonavicci, the town's Crystal Ball. Each night you will pick a number, 1 through 5, and be given the information contained in that number.

Tvellalot- Antonio "Kneecaps" Manzaretti- You are the mafia Godfather. You have no powers, but will show innocent on investigation. This does not protect you from lie detected statements. You have the final say in who will be killed, and which player will do the kill. You win with the mafia.

Andromed_Z(replaced in DP 3 by Falcon)- You are Francesca "Black Widow" Mazeratti, the town watcher. Each night you may watch a player of your choosing, to see who visits that player. You win with the town.

Blackvoid- You are Joseph "Little Joey" Marconi, the town cop. Each night you may choose a player and be told if that person is guilty, or innocent. You win with the town.

Social Pinko- You are Alfonse "Animal" Fiorenzo, the town's paranoid gun owner. If another player targets you for a kill, they will be killed instead. You win with the town.

Spritle- You are Donaldo "Squirtle" Davinicci, the mafia role blocker. Each night you may choose a player and prevent him from using his role. You win with the mafia.

Lickdafoot- You are Victoria "Vicki Vendetta" Vandalucci, the mafia bodyguard. Each night you may choose a player to protect. That person will be protected from any action except lie detector. You win with the mafia.

Marcuscato- You are Joseph "The Mangler" Mangarelli, a town bodyguard. Each night you may choose a player and will protect that player from any action except lie detector. You win with the town.

Crede- You are Antonio "Big Tony" Provenzano, a town bodyguard. Each night you may choose a player and will protect that player from any action except lie detector. You win with the town.

Active Players:

Raisor
Blackhawk
Man-is-good
Mestari

It takes 3 votes to lynch.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:07:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Raisor - confirmed by BV
Blackhawk - LD, confirmed
Man-is-good - I confirmed him last NP
Mestari - Confirmed 2 NPs ago

VTL RAISOR

The LD can't be escaped. I know that Medic's replaced the GF in previous games with someone below them. It's very possible that raisor became GF upon TV's death. That would allow BV to investigate him innocent.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 11:57:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:07:01 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Raisor - confirmed by BV
Blackhawk - LD, confirmed
Man-is-good - I confirmed him last NP
Mestari - Confirmed 2 NPs ago

VTL RAISOR

The LD can't be escaped. I know that Medic's replaced the GF in previous games with someone below them. It's very possible that raisor became GF upon TV's death. That would allow BV to investigate him innocent.

That is true, but Im pretty sure I was confirmed some other way too. Crede said I was doubly confirmed- Im not sure what the second way was because I honestly wasnt paying much attention to the ways I was exonerated since thats sort of a non-issue from my point of view.

I have to admit Im sort of at a loss for who else it could be. I would point out that Mestari claimed his is an every other night vig but we have had additional night kills the past two nights. It seems that he is lying but I dont know if that puts him as mafia.

What statement of MIG's did you test? That he is role stealer or that he is town?
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:24:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 11:57:11 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 11/1/2011 11:07:01 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Raisor - confirmed by BV
Blackhawk - LD, confirmed
Man-is-good - I confirmed him last NP
Mestari - Confirmed 2 NPs ago

VTL RAISOR

The LD can't be escaped. I know that Medic's replaced the GF in previous games with someone below them. It's very possible that raisor became GF upon TV's death. That would allow BV to investigate him innocent.

That is true, but Im pretty sure I was confirmed some other way too. Crede said I was doubly confirmed- Im not sure what the second way was because I honestly wasnt paying much attention to the ways I was exonerated since thats sort of a non-issue from my point of view.

I have to admit Im sort of at a loss for who else it could be. I would point out that Mestari claimed his is an every other night vig but we have had additional night kills the past two nights. It seems that he is lying but I dont know if that puts him as mafia.

What statement of MIG's did you test? That he is role stealer or that he is town?

I tested his claim to be town. I think you were doubly confirmed because BV confirmed you and then he was confirmed when he died.

We have to lynch someone this DP. The mafia will just steal mestari's role and kill two townies this NP. Game over. Raisor's the most likely mafia member at this point.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:05:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I will contribute once medic confirms a question about my role.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 3:38:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 12:24:33 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 11:57:11 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 11/1/2011 11:07:01 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Raisor - confirmed by BV
Blackhawk - LD, confirmed
Man-is-good - I confirmed him last NP
Mestari - Confirmed 2 NPs ago

VTL RAISOR

The LD can't be escaped. I know that Medic's replaced the GF in previous games with someone below them. It's very possible that raisor became GF upon TV's death. That would allow BV to investigate him innocent.

That is true, but Im pretty sure I was confirmed some other way too. Crede said I was doubly confirmed- Im not sure what the second way was because I honestly wasnt paying much attention to the ways I was exonerated since thats sort of a non-issue from my point of view.

I have to admit Im sort of at a loss for who else it could be. I would point out that Mestari claimed his is an every other night vig but we have had additional night kills the past two nights. It seems that he is lying but I dont know if that puts him as mafia.

What statement of MIG's did you test? That he is role stealer or that he is town?

I tested his claim to be town. I think you were doubly confirmed because BV confirmed you and then he was confirmed when he died.

We have to lynch someone this DP. The mafia will just steal mestari's role and kill two townies this NP. Game over. Raisor's the most likely mafia member at this point.

How would the mafia steal Mestari's role?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 3:40:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Raisor

All of us have been confirmed as townies, including myself.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:01:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 3:40:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
VTL Raisor

All of us have been confirmed as townies, including myself.

I was confirmed by BV, but I guess that isnt a guarantee.

Im not mafia, so something is really strange.

Is it possible that blackhawk is mafia? In retrospect it was pretty fortunate for him to get a mafia on the first night. Idk, its the only thing I can think of. If this was the case and someone had counter claimed LD, then a mafia imposter could just make it obvius they were lying. Ya its an early mafia lynch but then mafia knows early who the LD is and TV the godfather looks incredibly good since he was the target of a "framing." Everyone was saying when BV announced he was cop that it seemed like a lot to have a cop and a lie detector. Also, since TV he hasnt confirmed a single mafia.

Oh well. I guess if blackhawk is mafia he's won at this point anyways so it doesnt really matter.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:11:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would prefer to just lynch MIG (rolestealer) and then vig kill Raisor since BH and I are confirmed and we would have a 100% guaranteed win, but Medic has told me that whether or not my kill goes through on Raisor if Raisor Night Kills me will depend on his mood. VTL Raisor.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:37:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 4:11:02 PM, Mestari wrote:
I would prefer to just lynch MIG (rolestealer) and then vig kill Raisor since BH and I are confirmed and we would have a 100% guaranteed win, but Medic has told me that whether or not my kill goes through on Raisor if Raisor Night Kills me will depend on his mood. VTL Raisor.

Actually, that's not true Mestari. I gave you four different ways that it could end up. I was intentionally vague on the answer because when you mention things that I say in private, you don't give the true context in which I said it so it then looks like I'm feeding you info. I didn't want it to happen again so I gave you every possible end to your scenario, that you might encounter in mafia. You STILL found a way to present it that makes me look bad. Here is the true answer that I gave. I could not tell the intent of the scenario you gave me. If you had said that you planned on doing something and were asking if that would have worked, I would have given you a more definitive answer.

1. The kills cancel each other out, no one dies.
2. Both die.
3. The mafia kill takes precedence, so the vig kill is cancelled out due to death.
4. The end is subject to the mood of the mod.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:42:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Raisor has been lynched. Blackhawk was correct, he did take over as GF after TV's death, thus the innocent result for Blackvoid.

TOWN WINS!!!!!!

Endgame thread coming later.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:51:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Raisor, I just didn't suspect. In the middle of DP2, I highly suspected LDF, Spritle and TV of being mafia (my opinion on Spritle changed so suspecting Spritle was useless).

Raisor was just out of the blue. I was actually rooting for Raisor to win the game for town. This was definitely a huge shock. Well played, man.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:57:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Raisor did a good job. If I had checked crede or marcus, raisor would've won for sure. MiG would've been lynched. I went with MiG because I figured that confirming one bodyguard doesn't disprove another.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Crede
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:04:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I actually was debating bodygaurding myself the NP that I was killed because I specifically stated I would bodygaurd blackhawk. But that would have been to high a risk if BH was killed so I bit the bullet.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:18:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Man, what a twist. I was really certain of Raisor being mafia when I investigated him. I was shocked when he came back innocent, but I didn't question him after that. My mistake.

Sucks that both my investigations went against the Godfather. Bad luck I guess.

I don't even know what to say about Marcus. Trying to get the cop lynched by DP2 yet refusing to explain why until 2 DP's later, and even when I was killed and confirmed town, he still complained over my dead body that I didn't investigate who he wanted me to, when it turns out my investigation of Raisor was spot on. A little more trust next time please?

I'm not sure why F-16 was killed almost instantly, twice. He's a contributive member to the game and makes it more interesting with his nonstop accusations. He didn't even get a chance to character claim before he died, which makes his deaths ridiculously unwarranted.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:24:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 4:37:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:11:02 PM, Mestari wrote:
I would prefer to just lynch MIG (rolestealer) and then vig kill Raisor since BH and I are confirmed and we would have a 100% guaranteed win, but Medic has told me that whether or not my kill goes through on Raisor if Raisor Night Kills me will depend on his mood. VTL Raisor.

Actually, that's not true Mestari. I gave you four different ways that it could end up. I was intentionally vague on the answer because when you mention things that I say in private, you don't give the true context in which I said it so it then looks like I'm feeding you info. I didn't want it to happen again so I gave you every possible end to your scenario, that you might encounter in mafia. You STILL found a way to present it that makes me look bad. Here is the true answer that I gave. I could not tell the intent of the scenario you gave me. If you had said that you planned on doing something and were asking if that would have worked, I would have given you a more definitive answer.

1. The kills cancel each other out, no one dies.
2. Both die.
3. The mafia kill takes precedence, so the vig kill is cancelled out due to death.
4. The end is subject to the mood of the mod.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to make you look bad. I figured the 3 were ways that it could go down, but the method chose as based on your mood. I apologize.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:27:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:18:47 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Man, what a twist. I was really certain of Raisor being mafia when I investigated him. I was shocked when he came back innocent, but I didn't question him after that. My mistake.

Sucks that both my investigations went against the Godfather. Bad luck I guess.

I don't even know what to say about Marcus. Trying to get the cop lynched by DP2 yet refusing to explain why until 2 DP's later, and even when I was killed and confirmed town, he still complained over my dead body that I didn't investigate who he wanted me to, when it turns out my investigation of Raisor was spot on. A little more trust next time please?

I'm not sure why F-16 was killed almost instantly, twice. He's a contributive member to the game and makes it more interesting with his nonstop accusations. He didn't even get a chance to character claim before he died, which makes his deaths ridiculously unwarranted.

Don't worry about me, Logic had his reasons for killing me and they were all game-based, MIG killed me because he thought Andro was mafia for some reason. I guess I was just unlucky.

Marcus I think really had some confusion with his role PM. I'd like to hear what exactly it was that made Marcus believe that there was no cop. Was it something Medic said? Anyway, that hurt the town quite a bit.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:30:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Can someone explain about Mestari knowing there were no vanillas?

Do mods normally drop little points of info like that to shake up the game?
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:41:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 6:30:03 PM, Raisor wrote:
Can someone explain about Mestari knowing there were no vanillas?

Do mods normally drop little points of info like that to shake up the game?

It was not intentional, but it definitely stuck in my mind. He was just giving me an honest reason why I was not allowed to be vanilla and probably didn't expect me to use it to lynch a mafioso.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:53:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 6:41:53 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 11/1/2011 6:30:03 PM, Raisor wrote:
Can someone explain about Mestari knowing there were no vanillas?

Do mods normally drop little points of info like that to shake up the game?

It was not intentional, but it definitely stuck in my mind. He was just giving me an honest reason why I was not allowed to be vanilla and probably didn't expect me to use it to lynch a mafioso.

It worked out well for us.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:46:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 6:53:16 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 6:41:53 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 11/1/2011 6:30:03 PM, Raisor wrote:
Can someone explain about Mestari knowing there were no vanillas?

Do mods normally drop little points of info like that to shake up the game?

It was not intentional, but it definitely stuck in my mind. He was just giving me an honest reason why I was not allowed to be vanilla and probably didn't expect me to use it to lynch a mafioso.

It worked out well for us.

I knew LDF was going to be mafia since before we started anyway, so if we didn't lynch her I would have vigkilled her instead of Crede.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:47:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At this point, the endgame thread is meaningless....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 7:50:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 7:47:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At this point, the endgame thread is meaningless....

Why? I'd really like to know what the night actions were?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 8:41:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:24:31 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:37:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:11:02 PM, Mestari wrote:
I would prefer to just lynch MIG (rolestealer) and then vig kill Raisor since BH and I are confirmed and we would have a 100% guaranteed win, but Medic has told me that whether or not my kill goes through on Raisor if Raisor Night Kills me will depend on his mood. VTL Raisor.

Actually, that's not true Mestari. I gave you four different ways that it could end up. I was intentionally vague on the answer because when you mention things that I say in private, you don't give the true context in which I said it so it then looks like I'm feeding you info. I didn't want it to happen again so I gave you every possible end to your scenario, that you might encounter in mafia. You STILL found a way to present it that makes me look bad. Here is the true answer that I gave. I could not tell the intent of the scenario you gave me. If you had said that you planned on doing something and were asking if that would have worked, I would have given you a more definitive answer.

1. The kills cancel each other out, no one dies.
2. Both die.
3. The mafia kill takes precedence, so the vig kill is cancelled out due to death.
4. The end is subject to the mood of the mod.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to make you look bad. I figured the 3 were ways that it could go down, but the method chose as based on your mood. I apologize.

I apologize for being snippy in that post but I had a really bad day at work and it got even worse this morning when I had a couple calls, one involving a friend and the other my partner. Just a bad day and my temper is short, again I'm sorry. Hopefully you guys know that's out of character for me and will be forgiving.

As for the scenario you gave me, as best as I can remember the closest I've come to that as a mod, was two people trying to kill each other and I let that happen, they both died. I've seen all the other possibilities happen though, so it really does seem as though it depends on how the mod prefers to do it. Maybe I should have said preference, rather than mood.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 8:48:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 8:41:55 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 5:24:31 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:37:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:11:02 PM, Mestari wrote:
I would prefer to just lynch MIG (rolestealer) and then vig kill Raisor since BH and I are confirmed and we would have a 100% guaranteed win, but Medic has told me that whether or not my kill goes through on Raisor if Raisor Night Kills me will depend on his mood. VTL Raisor.

Actually, that's not true Mestari. I gave you four different ways that it could end up. I was intentionally vague on the answer because when you mention things that I say in private, you don't give the true context in which I said it so it then looks like I'm feeding you info. I didn't want it to happen again so I gave you every possible end to your scenario, that you might encounter in mafia. You STILL found a way to present it that makes me look bad. Here is the true answer that I gave. I could not tell the intent of the scenario you gave me. If you had said that you planned on doing something and were asking if that would have worked, I would have given you a more definitive answer.

1. The kills cancel each other out, no one dies.
2. Both die.
3. The mafia kill takes precedence, so the vig kill is cancelled out due to death.
4. The end is subject to the mood of the mod.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to make you look bad. I figured the 3 were ways that it could go down, but the method chose as based on your mood. I apologize.

I apologize for being snippy in that post but I had a really bad day at work and it got even worse this morning when I had a couple calls, one involving a friend and the other my partner. Just a bad day and my temper is short, again I'm sorry. Hopefully you guys know that's out of character for me and will be forgiving.

As for the scenario you gave me, as best as I can remember the closest I've come to that as a mod, was two people trying to kill each other and I let that happen, they both died. I've seen all the other possibilities happen though, so it really does seem as though it depends on how the mod prefers to do it. Maybe I should have said preference, rather than mood.

At first I thought you were telling me what you might do. It became a lot clearer when I realized you were giving me the possibilities of what various mods might do.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 9:14:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 6:30:03 PM, Raisor wrote:
Can someone explain about Mestari knowing there were no vanillas?

We had just finished a situation in another game where Mes and I both made mistakes that led to his lynching, and our eventual loss. He asked me for a vanilla town role for this game. I sensed that maybe he was kicking himself for the other game, and I didn't want to let him get down on himself for that. Trying to be motivational, I said no, there are no vanilla roles, you have to get right back on the horse and ride. I gave him the exact same role he had in the other game. It seemed like a very innocuous statement at the time, and my intent was to keep him from letting the other game affect his confidence in himself as a player. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a HUGE statement, possibly costing the mafia the game. I have to take responsibility for that, and I apologize to the mafia team. Though I obviously said the wrong thing, my heart was in the right place.

Do mods normally drop little points of info like that to shake up the game?

In the beginner games that I mod, I do alot of things that you won't see in regular games simply because the goal is to teach people how to play and what to expect. That statement was huge though, and a game changer. I don't think I've said or done anything else that had such a big effect on the game and I'll do my best to keep it from happening again. In the regular games, you will recieve no help from the mods, except answering questions you may have about your own role.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 9:20:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have to agree with Medic on the "game changer" argument. There were plenty of reasons to lynch LDF, none of which were figured out by town on the day they lynched her. The reason they lynched was because of this issue; that Medic had supposedly told Mestari that they were no vanillas. It was really just a miscommunication and was no one's fault, yet this hurt the mafia team who may well have won. A case of bad luck.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 9:20:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 9:14:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/1/2011 6:30:03 PM, Raisor wrote:
Can someone explain about Mestari knowing there were no vanillas?

We had just finished a situation in another game where Mes and I both made mistakes that led to his lynching, and our eventual loss. He asked me for a vanilla town role for this game. I sensed that maybe he was kicking himself for the other game, and I didn't want to let him get down on himself for that. Trying to be motivational, I said no, there are no vanilla roles, you have to get right back on the horse and ride. I gave him the exact same role he had in the other game. It seemed like a very innocuous statement at the time, and my intent was to keep him from letting the other game affect his confidence in himself as a player. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a HUGE statement, possibly costing the mafia the game. I have to take responsibility for that, and I apologize to the mafia team. Though I obviously said the wrong thing, my heart was in the right place.

Do mods normally drop little points of info like that to shake up the game?

In the beginner games that I mod, I do alot of things that you won't see in regular games simply because the goal is to teach people how to play and what to expect. That statement was huge though, and a game changer. I don't think I've said or done anything else that had such a big effect on the game and I'll do my best to keep it from happening again. In the regular games, you will recieve no help from the mods, except answering questions you may have about your own role.

To be fair, I knew LDF was mafia before this round started. I thought that the only reason she wouldn't be is if you hated her with a passion lol.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.