Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pixar vs. Dreamworks Mafia - DP2

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:44:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Skipper awakened for his morning waddle through the beautiful sunny jungle. He had a lot of problems to ponder: he had to figure out how to fix that goddarned plane and also, it appeared that his troop of penguins had deserted. He was sure that they would come back soon; they were probably just planning him a surprise party for his birthday.

Out of nowhere, a car's engine revved. Before he could even react, Skipper was flattened like an unappetizing black and white pancake.

Let us mark the date of Skipper's birth and death on all our calendars (Oct 31st). We all pledge on this date to mourn his loss by dressing up like Skipper. http://www.halloween24.com... One brave Dreamworks warrior has fallen, but many more are willing to take up the mantle…

1. tvellalott
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot
4. marcuscato
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. NERDYKILLER
8. DetectableNinja
9. Socialpinko
10. Greyparrot
11. innomen
12. Korashk
13. blackhawk1331

Graveyard

Medic - Skipper – VOTE GATHERER. You lead a band of penguins that do your bidding. Every third NP, you gain one penguin, and thus one vote. However, your vote will not be reflected in the vote count. You need to lynch someone for it to be apparent. You win with the town.

It takes 7 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 12:45:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Please submit your night actions at some point during the DP if you already know what you want to do.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 1:42:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 1:15:59 PM, Danielle wrote:
Anything?

nothing on my end. at least medic didn't have too powerful of a role. I win with the town.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 2:32:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Only one death? I can't imagine the mafia not having a kill so I guess three probable scenarios regarding the vigilante. The vig is not a newb and realized there was no credible evidence to go on so early in the game and forfeited their night action, we don't have a vig, or the mafia have a roleblocker and got lucky. I don't have any proof or evidence to go on but it seems probable one of these happened. Also are we just going to wait for investigative results or do some pressuring?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:46:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 2:32:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Only one death? I can't imagine the mafia not having a kill so I guess three probable scenarios regarding the vigilante. The vig is not a newb and realized there was no credible evidence to go on so early in the game and forfeited their night action, we don't have a vig, or the mafia have a roleblocker and got lucky. I don't have any proof or evidence to go on but it seems probable one of these happened. Also are we just going to wait for investigative results or do some pressuring?

This is what we call fluff.
It looks good, but it really does nothing except point out the obvious.
FOS on socialpinko
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 4:50:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 4:46:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 2:32:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Only one death? I can't imagine the mafia not having a kill so I guess three probable scenarios regarding the vigilante. The vig is not a newb and realized there was no credible evidence to go on so early in the game and forfeited their night action, we don't have a vig, or the mafia have a roleblocker and got lucky. I don't have any proof or evidence to go on but it seems probable one of these happened. Also are we just going to wait for investigative results or do some pressuring?

This is what we call fluff.
It looks good, but it really does nothing except point out the obvious.
FOS on socialpinko

Since the DP was stagnating, he probably just felt compelled to give it a push. Although it is a bit more verbose than necessary, and could sound like a jumpy mafia.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:02:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 4:50:09 PM, innomen wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:46:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 2:32:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Only one death? I can't imagine the mafia not having a kill so I guess three probable scenarios regarding the vigilante. The vig is not a newb and realized there was no credible evidence to go on so early in the game and forfeited their night action, we don't have a vig, or the mafia have a roleblocker and got lucky. I don't have any proof or evidence to go on but it seems probable one of these happened. Also are we just going to wait for investigative results or do some pressuring?

This is what we call fluff.
It looks good, but it really does nothing except point out the obvious.
FOS on socialpinko

Since the DP was stagnating, he probably just felt compelled to give it a push. Although it is a bit more verbose than necessary, and could sound like a jumpy mafia.

Stagnating... after 4 hours?
o.O;
I'm just calling it like I see it... Mafia often fluff to try and seem pro-town; like they're adding some analysis to the thread, when they're really not adding anything. That's what his post looks like to me. I might reread DP1 and see if I can see anything else...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:31:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:02:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:50:09 PM, innomen wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:46:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 2:32:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Only one death? I can't imagine the mafia not having a kill so I guess three probable scenarios regarding the vigilante. The vig is not a newb and realized there was no credible evidence to go on so early in the game and forfeited their night action, we don't have a vig, or the mafia have a roleblocker and got lucky. I don't have any proof or evidence to go on but it seems probable one of these happened. Also are we just going to wait for investigative results or do some pressuring?

This is what we call fluff.
It looks good, but it really does nothing except point out the obvious.
FOS on socialpinko

Since the DP was stagnating, he probably just felt compelled to give it a push. Although it is a bit more verbose than necessary, and could sound like a jumpy mafia.

Stagnating... after 4 hours?
o.O;
I'm just calling it like I see it... Mafia often fluff to try and seem pro-town; like they're adding some analysis to the thread, when they're really not adding anything. That's what his post looks like to me. I might reread DP1 and see if I can see anything else...

No one had posted anything so I just posted a rudimentary analysis of the fact that there was no night kill. Obviously you already saw that but maybe some other people didn't(we have some newer players in this game), and besides, I'm just waiting for an investigator to post something.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:40:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:31:06 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/1/2011 5:02:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:50:09 PM, innomen wrote:
At 11/1/2011 4:46:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 2:32:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Only one death? I can't imagine the mafia not having a kill so I guess three probable scenarios regarding the vigilante. The vig is not a newb and realized there was no credible evidence to go on so early in the game and forfeited their night action, we don't have a vig, or the mafia have a roleblocker and got lucky. I don't have any proof or evidence to go on but it seems probable one of these happened. Also are we just going to wait for investigative results or do some pressuring?

This is what we call fluff.
It looks good, but it really does nothing except point out the obvious.
FOS on socialpinko

Since the DP was stagnating, he probably just felt compelled to give it a push. Although it is a bit more verbose than necessary, and could sound like a jumpy mafia.

Stagnating... after 4 hours?
o.O;
I'm just calling it like I see it... Mafia often fluff to try and seem pro-town; like they're adding some analysis to the thread, when they're really not adding anything. That's what his post looks like to me. I might reread DP1 and see if I can see anything else...

No one had posted anything so I just posted a rudimentary analysis of the fact that there was no night kill. Obviously you already saw that but maybe some other people didn't(we have some newer players in this game), and besides, I'm just waiting for an investigator to post something.

Sure sure.
I know it's not enough to vote for you.

But I'm watching you Tim.
O_O <------------ Like this
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 5:51:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
While we wait for investigaters, what about the OP? Skipper was killed by a car. The town is from Dreamworks films and the mafia Pixar. The car would be from Cars then right? But then again I guess that isn't very helpful as a mafioso isn't going to claim their character. Still interesting though.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:01:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 5:51:20 PM, socialpinko wrote:
While we wait for investigaters, what about the OP? Skipper was killed by a car. The town is from Dreamworks films and the mafia Pixar. The car would be from Cars then right? But then again I guess that isn't very helpful as a mafioso isn't going to claim their character. Still interesting though.

I think we can assume Lightning McQueen is mafia. Since mafia usually send the weakest character/role to do the night kills (for fear of them being spotted by the tracker) he is probably either a goon (no power) or perhaps some kind of ninja role (can't be seen by watcher/tracker). The ninja role would make sense, since he is a very fast character, right?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2011 6:18:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 6:01:57 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/1/2011 5:51:20 PM, socialpinko wrote:
While we wait for investigaters, what about the OP? Skipper was killed by a car. The town is from Dreamworks films and the mafia Pixar. The car would be from Cars then right? But then again I guess that isn't very helpful as a mafioso isn't going to claim their character. Still interesting though.

I think we can assume Lightning McQueen is mafia. Since mafia usually send the weakest character/role to do the night kills (for fear of them being spotted by the tracker) he is probably either a goon (no power) or perhaps some kind of ninja role (can't be seen by watcher/tracker). The ninja role would make sense, since he is a very fast character, right?

Ninja makes sense. He's quick and fast and so he can't be tracked. That actually seems really likely. But the thing that sucks is if you're right there's no way for us to track who they are with a watcher.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 12:21:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/1/2011 4:04:33 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Nothing for sure But I think marcuscato may be a town power role.

Damn. No need to bother with doctors, watcher may not be such a bad idea though.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 2:58:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm bored, so I'm going to go ahead and character claim, save us pressuring someone else. I'm going to start scum-hunting soon, since I think we should lynch someone today.
I'm Metro Man, from Megamind.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 8:49:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 2:58:28 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm bored, so I'm going to go ahead and character claim, save us pressuring someone else. I'm going to start scum-hunting soon, since I think we should lynch someone today.
I'm Metro Man, from Megamind.

Kind of weird that you character claimed out of the blue with no pressure or suspicion on yourself. If you had a role that needed to be divulged(miller or PGO) it would make sense but all you claimed was your character. Why? My eyes will be on you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:00:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The DP ends in approx. 48 hours
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:06:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sorry guys, nothing on my end that could help out. Also, I couldn't post yesterday as I had a history excursion all day, my apologies.

It looks like nobody has found anything, yet given that most players haven't posted it seems likely that one of them should have something to say. I've said it before - inactivity kills the town.

I think that until we get more information from inactives (pretty much a majority) that we can't decide on a good, solid strategic plan for this DP.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 5:36:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Agh, this dp is going so slow. We need to get something going people.

I'd vote for grey but he seems to have some investigative role, so i'll pick the first person on the list who hasn't posted this dp. Vtl Marcuscato
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 5:50:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 4:40:10 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
ok then.

VTL BLUESTEEL
for pressure.

(bluesteel is the mod, lol)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 5:51:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 8:49:37 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/2/2011 2:58:28 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm bored, so I'm going to go ahead and character claim, save us pressuring someone else. I'm going to start scum-hunting soon, since I think we should lynch someone today.
I'm Metro Man, from Megamind.

Kind of weird that you character claimed out of the blue with no pressure or suspicion on yourself. If you had a role that needed to be divulged(miller or PGO) it would make sense but all you claimed was your character. Why? My eyes will be on you.

It is kind of weird isn't it?
Rest assured, I have a pro-town reason for character claiming which will become apparent when necessary.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 8:45:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm already over this sh!t. I say we start doing check-ins for all living players, last person to respond should be lynched.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 9:32:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
OK, I've just checked when every player was last online and made a list of them in order of most recently online... (Probably incorrect by the time I'm finished typing this long-arse post.)

lickdafoot - Right now
Greyparrot - Right now
blackhawk1331 - 7 minutes ago
Logic-on_rails - 10 minutes ago
DetectableNinja - 1 hour ago
innomen - 3 hours ago
Socialpinko - 6 hours ago
Marauder - 8 hours ago
marcuscato - 9 hours ago
nerdykiller - 19 hours ago
Korashk - 22 hours ago
Danielle - 1 day ago

As you can all see, Danielle has posted in this DP and she was last online the longest ago, so reasonable deduction indicates that everyone playing has been online since this day phase started.

I can there hypothesise that if any townies had received valuable information, they would have came forward by now, thus I conclude no one has anything to add and thus, we must scum-hunt.

The following players are automatically excused from my scum-hunting...
mascuscato: claimed Shrek the miller, very believable claim although claimed unprovoked. I'm calling town on this one.
Korashk: claimed Master Shifu, from Kung Fu Panda. My character (Metro Man) is also a secondary character (From Mastermind) which suggests this might be a good claim. Hard to tell, but given we have some information from him, I think I'll avoid him.
Danielle: Hard to tell one way or the other with Danielle. I'd like to see her investigated.

This is my read on the remaining players:
lickdafoot: I'm leaning towards mafia. Perhaps she simply isn't paying attention. Her first post of the day came across as slightly scummy (medics ability was quite powerful) then she voted for marcuscato, who claimed Shrek the miller.
Greyparrot: I'm not sure, but slightly leaning towards town. Voted for bluesteel and it didn't seem like a joke... Said "I am a winner with the town"; I'm probably over-analysing but generally mafia, if they want to post the LD test, will say it straight out rather than playing with the words.
blackhawk1331: I'm going to say mafia. The little tiff with medic yesterday where he said you were the next person he would pressure? Then no activity today but I know you've been on? FOS on blackhawk1331
Logic_on_rails: There was a bit of fluff in his lone post today, but I don't really have a read. Won't guess on this one...
DetectableNinja: "I'll add some random pressure" is almost the only thing he's said today and something about that doesn't smell right. However, he's been mostly inactive so I'm not going to make a call on it.
innomen: No read. Seems pro-town; doesn't mean anything.
Socialpinko: Gut says mafia. Could be wrong. Already established that I think he was just spewing pro-town fluff.
Marauder: No read, get more active please.
nerdykiller: No read, get more active please.

So, having re-read both the very short DP1 and the very short (so-far) DP2, I've decided to...

VOTE blackhawk1331
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 9:50:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 5:50:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/2/2011 4:40:10 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
ok then.

VTL BLUESTEEL
for pressure.

(bluesteel is the mod, lol)

I am aware of this!
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 10:01:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 9:32:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:

This is my read on the remaining players:
lickdafoot: I'm leaning towards mafia. Perhaps she simply isn't paying attention. Her first post of the day came across as slightly scummy (medics ability was quite powerful) then she voted for marcuscato, who claimed Shrek the miller.

oops, yeah, forgot that marcus has claimed already. perhaps we should get a list going:

1. tvellalott- Metro Man
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot
4. marcuscato- Shrek - Miller
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. NERDYKILLER
8. DetectableNinja
9. Socialpinko
10. Greyparrot
11. innomen
12. Korashk- Master Shifu
13. blackhawk1331

Would you like to explain to me why an extra vote every 3 day periods is really that important? I can see how it might be needed towards the end, but only in certain situations, and every dps is rather rare.

I'm starting to find grey a bit scummy as he isn't really helping out town at all. He also said marcus seems like a power role when he already claimed (which i understand as i forgot that too) but then why the talk of him being a power role? if marcus is being honest about his role, it seems like a move to seem supportive of an innocent.

unvote Vtl Blackhawk i can get down on pressuring him since he was online recently and hasn't said anything.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 10:06:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 10:01:38 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Would you like to explain to me why an extra vote every 3 day periods is really that important? I can see how it might be needed towards the end, but only in certain situations, and every dps is rather rare.

Wat?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 10:07:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 9:32:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Socialpinko: Gut says mafia. Could be wrong. Already established that I think he was just spewing pro-town fluff.

I agree with spinko seeming suspicious; he evaded claiming last dp pretty well. but i will also mention that danielle had a fluff post as well. she did a good job at explaining her reasoning on the vote switch, but not on the stating the obvious (fluff factor.) it still sits funny, but it's just a hunch. not much to go on yet.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 10:09:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/2/2011 10:06:26 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/2/2011 10:01:38 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Would you like to explain to me why an extra vote every 3 day periods is really that important? I can see how it might be needed towards the end, but only in certain situations, and every 3 dps is rather rare.

Wat?

exactly what i said... what is important about having an extra vote every 3 days? i would think a doc or a vig or a lie detect would be considered an important role; it's much more active.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...