Total Posts:214|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pixar vs. Dreamworks Mafia - DP3

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 6:30:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyone play mad-libs? Innomen's character, ___________________, was walking down the street when ___________________ decided to ____________________ and thus _________________ ended up dead.

Confused? Yeah me too.

Active Players:
1. tvellalott
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot
4. marcuscato
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. NERDYKILLER
8. DetectableNinja
9. Socialpinko
10. Greyparrot
11. Korashk
12. blackhawk1331

Graveyard

Medic - Skipper – VOTE GATHERER. You lead a band of penguins that do your bidding. Every third NP, you gain one penguin, and thus one vote. However, your vote will not be reflected in the vote count. You need to lynch someone for it to be apparent. You win with the town.

Innomen – You are ____________________, the _______________________.

It takes 7 votes to lynch.

Thank you all for getting your night actions in EARLY during the previous DP. It has made this the shortest NP ever. Please continue to do so.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 6:33:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So there's a janitor then.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 6:55:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Any investigators come up with anything?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All right. So, I've stayed relatively quiet--this is due to NaNoWriMo, as well as debate, as well as me wanting to watch and listen versus be very vocal. So, here are my reads thus far (my prime suspects for the Mafia are in bold).

1. tvellalott - I have an instinct that this fellow is mafia. Partly due to gut instinct, and partly because of the fact that he (mildly) FOS'd me on my assistance of a random claim, which was an innocuous action. I think he's trying to divert attention on the so-called lurkers.
2. Logic-on_rails - Can't get a good read yet. His silence could mean he's an unimportant townie, or he's taking the lurk approach as mafia. I'm more likely to believe the latter.
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.
4. marcuscato - While his near IMMEDIATE claim to be Shrek as miller was a bit suspect, I could understand why. My eye will be on him, though.
5. Danielle - Here is my next candidate for a probable mafioso. She split the vote on Day 1, claiming that spinko VTL'd for suspicious reasons, when, in reality, I took it as a random claim.
6. Marauder- Can go either way, most likely town.
7. NERDYKILLER - Have heard little to nothing from him, yet.
9. Socialpinko - He could go either way, but I'm inclined to believe he is
10. Greyparrot - This bugger always plays like a madman, so it's hard to tell. However, he comes up as possibly mafia for jumping on Danielle's vote split.
11. Korashk - I haven't played with the originator of our Mod-List, yet, so no real reads right now--the fact that Danielle attempted to split the vote may be an indicator of something...
12. blackhawk1331 - Although his initial refusal to claim was suspect, his claim seems genuine to me, for my own reasons.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:27:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
9. Socialpinko - He could go either way, but I'm inclined to believe he is

Inclined to believe I'm what?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:30:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:27:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
9. Socialpinko - He could go either way, but I'm inclined to believe he is

Inclined to believe I'm what?

Town.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:32:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. tvellalott- Metro Man
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot- Gingerbread Man, don't give more than 4 votes
4. marcuscato- Shrek - Miller
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. NERDYKILLER
8. DetectableNinja
9. Socialpinko
10. Greyparrot
11. innomen
12. Korashk- Master Shifu
13.blackhawk1331- Hiccup; unlocks Dragons power

Posting the updated list.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:36:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...

We only have three role claims. I still think it's likely we have at least one type of investigator. But I guess a pressure is in order. Anyone in mind?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:39:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:36:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...

We only have three role claims. I still think it's likely we have at least one type of investigator. But I guess a pressure is in order. Anyone in mind?

I would recommend having Grey or Danielle claim--I say Danielle first.

VTL Danielle.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:42:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:39:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:36:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...

We only have three role claims. I still think it's likely we have at least one type of investigator. But I guess a pressure is in order. Anyone in mind?

I would recommend having Grey or Danielle claim--I say Danielle first.

VTL Danielle.

I actually disagree. Grey's post about Marcus possibly having a power role deserves some clarification. VTL Grey
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:43:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:39:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:36:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...

We only have three role claims. I still think it's likely we have at least one type of investigator. But I guess a pressure is in order. Anyone in mind?

I would recommend having Grey or Danielle claim--I say Danielle first.

VTL Danielle.

as tempting as it is to vote for someone who casted suspicion on me, i think you are innocent... for my own reasons. I don't really think grey is suspicious either. k, we can do dani. i've been suspecting her too. Vtl Danielle
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:44:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:42:52 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:39:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:36:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...

We only have three role claims. I still think it's likely we have at least one type of investigator. But I guess a pressure is in order. Anyone in mind?

I would recommend having Grey or Danielle claim--I say Danielle first.

VTL Danielle.

I actually disagree. Grey's post about Marcus possibly having a power role deserves some clarification. VTL Grey

nah.. grey is inno. think about it some more. what he said makes sense.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:48:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:44:37 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:42:52 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:39:57 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:36:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:33:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:12:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
3. lickdafoot - Oh, lickdafoot. Though you always somehow gain the town's trust, this time, my gut says otherwise.

lol.. people keep saying that, but i've been lynched as town before. oh well. i think blue must have given me a shady role to test my town skills. i didn't find anything out, of course. anyone else? maybe we should just pressure some more people...

We only have three role claims. I still think it's likely we have at least one type of investigator. But I guess a pressure is in order. Anyone in mind?

I would recommend having Grey or Danielle claim--I say Danielle first.

VTL Danielle.

I actually disagree. Grey's post about Marcus possibly having a power role deserves some clarification. VTL Grey

nah.. grey is inno. think about it some more. what he said makes sense.

Just read those posts. I won't say anymore. unvote VTL Danielle for character claim.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:53:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:49:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I cant believe what a stupid DP2 I played... roleblocked last night of course.

it was partially my fault too. i say too much at times.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 7:56:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:53:10 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:49:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I cant believe what a stupid DP2 I played... roleblocked last night of course.

it was partially my fault too. i say too much at times.

You should teach D_N how to read me lol.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:00:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:56:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:53:10 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:49:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I cant believe what a stupid DP2 I played... roleblocked last night of course.

it was partially my fault too. i say too much at times.

You should teach D_N how to read me lol.

oh it's simple. 1 squak town, 2 squaks mafia :P
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:01:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 7:56:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:53:10 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:49:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I cant believe what a stupid DP2 I played... roleblocked last night of course.

it was partially my fault too. i say too much at times.

You should teach D_N how to read me lol.

If the mafia haven't caught on by now then we know they're made up of super n00bs.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:03:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 8:01:20 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:56:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:53:10 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/4/2011 7:49:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I cant believe what a stupid DP2 I played... roleblocked last night of course.

it was partially my fault too. i say too much at times.

You should teach D_N how to read me lol.

If the mafia haven't caught on by now then we know they're made up of super n00bs.

Stop killing me pinko and foot!
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:16:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Firstly, I apologise for my inactivity. You may have noticed last DP that I was offline for something like 36 hours as I've been really busy. I've had to do yearly exam preparations, finish some assignments and so forth. That's also the explanation for why I haven't signed up for the Dexter game as I'm weighing up whether I have the time. However, being the weekend I have more time now to play.

It still looks like we're getting nowhere, and I've got nothing to add. I'll add to the pressure on Danielle as if there's a role cop the Mafia have likely targeted her (she's the target of a lot of things...) , and so we likely aren't giving the Mafia too much extra information, and there's the possibility that she's Mafia (in which case we might get a CC or poor fake claim) .

VTL Danielle
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:28:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

danielle - 5/7 - dninja, LDF, spinko, LoR, grey
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:43:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would just like to point out that there has been absolutely no justified reason to vtl lynch me, except for the fact that I voted for Spinko dp1. Why? Because I don't believe in "random" pressure, and he "randomly" targeted Korashk. Korashk is not a noob, I've played with him before, so I had no reason to follow Spinko blindly. That is hardly a reason to vote for someone, so FOS everyone (especially DetectableNinja and lickdafoot) who voted for me with absolutely no reason given - without even waiting to see if any investigations or other actions turned up. Hmm. Interesting.

@ Spinko -- I know your role.

I'm Hammy the Hyperactive Squirrel from Over the Hedge. Vote DetectableNinja.
President of DDO
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:47:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
k. it didn't seem like we were getting anywhere, and you are one of the best players. it's logical in my mind to vote for you- to either help confirm you or figure out if you are mafia.

unvote
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:54:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

danielle - 4/7 - dninja, spinko, LoR, grey
dninja - 1/7 - danielle
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 9:49:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/4/2011 8:43:49 PM, Danielle wrote:
I would just like to point out that there has been absolutely no justified reason to vtl lynch me, except for the fact that I voted for Spinko dp1. Why? Because I don't believe in "random" pressure, and he "randomly" targeted Korashk. Korashk is not a noob, I've played with him before, so I had no reason to follow Spinko blindly. That is hardly a reason to vote for someone, so FOS everyone (especially DetectableNinja and lickdafoot) who voted for me with absolutely no reason given - without even waiting to see if any investigations or other actions turned up. Hmm. Interesting.

@ Spinko -- I know your role.

I'm Hammy the Hyperactive Squirrel from Over the Hedge. Vote DetectableNinja.

Unvote since you claimed. VTL DNinja for character claim. On knowing my role, why not simply claim your own role since divulging that information basically confirms it. Also, does this mean you can confirm me then?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 10:09:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Note that Danielle still refuses to claim. However--I shall not do the same.

I am Toothless.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus