Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 2.3- MWNJ- Day Phase 3

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:03:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Though they lost two, the Corleones make a big splash. They took out not just the underboss, but also a kidnapper. The Corleones now own the northwest quadrant of Jersey, and are planning their next move.

Sleeping with the fishes

Logic- Tom Hagen- Consigliere- Corleone
TV- Joe Barbaro- Soldato- Corleone
Squirtle- Paulie Walnuts- Underboss- Soprano

Active Players

F-16 Fighting Falcon
Crede
Blackvoid
Blackhawk
Raisor
Man-is-good
Mestari
Social Pinko
Partem Ruhem
Andromeda_Z
Marcuscato
Lickdafoot

7 votes to lynch.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:08:24 PM
F-16, in the last phase you just tried to cast suspicion on me because i outed the vig. do you remember that you were the one pressuring me to give my role claim? Of course i had to out you if you were the vig, that was my role action. You are just looking for any and every reason to lynch me, and it is getting really annoying. VTL F-16
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:09:19 PM
Let's hope we actually got some results last night.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:11:30 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:08:24 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
F-16, in the last phase you just tried to cast suspicion on me because i outed the vig. do you remember that you were the one pressuring me to give my role claim? Of course i had to out you if you were the vig, that was my role action. You are just looking for any and every reason to lynch me, and it is getting really annoying. VTL F-16

I'm not sure this makes him a suspect. I think we should look back as to who defended Spritle. Spinko and Mestari mostly defended him, but Mestari gave way to logic, while Spinko continually defended him, and even tried changing his vote to LDF towards the end. This is super suspicious, as Spritle was indeed mafia. It makes sense that they were both mafia and that Spinko was trying to divert attention from Spritle. Sorry LDF, but perhaps an investigation on F-16 is in order. I doubt that he is a vig for the mafia though...

VTL Spinko
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:12:06 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:11:30 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

I'm not sure this makes him a suspect. I think we should look back as to who defended Spritle. Spinko and Mestari mostly defended him, but Mestari gave way to logic, while Spinko continually defended him, and even tried changing his vote to LDF towards the end. This is super suspicious, as Spritle was indeed mafia. It makes sense that they were both mafia and that Spinko was trying to divert attention from Spritle. Sorry LDF, but perhaps an investigation on F-16 is in order. I doubt that he is a vig for the mafia though...

VTL Spinko

Trying to get a role claim from you. Not a character claim.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:13:55 PM

ugh. unfortunately though, i don't think you are mafia, since you have vig powers. if you were mafia, the role wouldn't have gone through, as they already made a kill that dp. so unvote. so what is it? give it up already. i'm really tired of hearing you go on and on about me. it is really distracting from spotting mafia; i didn't read most of the last half of the last dp because it was bagillion posts long (about the same thing over and over and.... over) and this one already started back up. don't you see how such a narrow focus ends up majorly hindering town?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:16:03 PM

VTL Spinko

hehe i actually agree, as you can see from my last post. I'm just really annoyed by him even though he's probably town. Vtl Spinko
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:20:05 PM
I'll read the dp in a moment, but first...

I am not the vig.

TV was the vig, he's dead.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:22:16 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:20:05 PM, Mestari wrote:
I'll read the dp in a moment, but first...

I am not the vig.

TV was the vig, he's dead.

i get that now. Sorry, it took me a while to process it all. i was trying to skim over like 10 pages in 10 minutes.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:25:20 PM

VTL Spinko

Just to be clear, I never defended Spinko. I said he should die if he's mafia and that an LD could prove it. I personally prefer getting 1st than letting a jester get it. The moment he slipped up and I could apply mod-psychology to prove he was dropping scum tell instead of trying to get himself lynched with intent I VTL'd him and the others who were on the fence followed.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:26:18 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:25:20 PM, Mestari wrote:

VTL Spinko

Just to be clear, I never defended Spinko. I said he should die if he's mafia and that an LD could prove it. I personally prefer getting 1st than letting a jester get it. The moment he slipped up and I could apply mod-psychology to prove he was dropping scum tell instead of trying to get himself lynched with intent I VTL'd him and the others who were on the fence followed.

Exactly. Which is why, for now, you aren't in my field of suspicion. Or whatever haha.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:30:58 PM
I doubt we would be able to do this, but it would be awesome if we lynched someone before mafia strikes. Fast paced lynching can win us this game easy.

I would do a quick lynch on spinko if I had to pick one person, but I doubt people will get behind this idea. If they do though, let's hurry up! haha.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:31:51 PM

VTL Spinko

Look back, read everything I wrote. I never once said Squirtle was town or that he wasn't suspicious. I merely wanted to confirm it through investigation. Lol
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:33:41 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:16:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

VTL Spinko

hehe i actually agree, as you can see from my last post. I'm just really annoyed by him even though he's probably town. Vtl Spinko

You think I'm town but still want to out my role to the mafia?
:
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:34:07 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:31:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:

VTL Spinko

Look back, read everything I wrote. I never once said Squirtle was town or that he wasn't suspicious. I merely wanted to confirm it through investigation. Lol

Yeah, you wanted to wait it out. You wanted to bide the time of Spritle, maybe kill off a couple more townies in the process. At that point, you simply saying we need more evidence was you making a frivolous attempt to derail the lynch. At least, it's highly likely. You have a role for us spink?
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:34:15 PM
VTL Spinko. He only wanted to investigate Spirtle insofar as I wanted to do it. As soon as I VTL'd Spirtle he bandwagoned without any strong justification. He was defending Spirtle because he would be able to say "hey, it was Mestari's idea" and tried splitting the vote. As soon as I changed my mind he realized it wouldn't work and tried to get in on the lynch to look innocent.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:34:43 PM

she's talking about F-16.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:35:25 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:34:15 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Spinko. He only wanted to investigate Spirtle insofar as I wanted to do it. As soon as I VTL'd Spirtle he bandwagoned without any strong justification. He was defending Spirtle because he would be able to say "hey, it was Mestari's idea" and tried splitting the vote. As soon as I changed my mind he realized it wouldn't work and tried to get in on the lynch to look innocent.

Exactly! I mean, he was literally the last vote.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:35:53 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:34:07 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

VTL Spinko

Yeah, you wanted to wait it out. You wanted to bide the time of Spritle, maybe kill off a couple more townies in the process. At that point, you simply saying we need more evidence was you making a frivolous attempt to derail the lynch. At least, it's highly likely. You have a role for us spink?

Not that I'm going to divulge at the moment. And we did need more evidence. We lynched off of tells rather than investigative results which is never good. I said if he came up guilty I would vote for him first. After Tv and Logic are killed first, can you blame anyone for being cautious?
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:37:23 PM

I never said it was your idea. I wholeheartedly believed we should investigate him instead. I voted for Squirtle when he had 6/7 votes on him and it was clear no one wanted substantive evidence before a lynch.
:
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:38:08 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:35:53 PM, socialpinko wrote:

VTL Spinko

Not that I'm going to divulge at the moment. And we did need more evidence. We lynched off of tells rather than investigative results which is never good. I said if he came up guilty I would vote for him first. After Tv and Logic are killed first, can you blame anyone for being cautious?

You were really the only cautious one out of the group; Mestari had his caution, but it dissipated in the face of logic. "lynched off of tells rather than investigative results, which is never good" Never good? Did we or did we not just kill a mafia? Isn't that a good thing? Being too cautious loses you the game.

Role??
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:38:48 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:37:23 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I never said it was your idea. I wholeheartedly believed we should investigate him instead. I voted for Squirtle when he had 6/7 votes on him and it was clear no one wanted substantive evidence before a lynch.

so you would look better....and not look like the mafia scum you are!! haha
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:39:53 PM

VTL Spinko

Talking about TV and Logic being killed off first. Medic said that the random generator went well, meaning the mafia has at least one experienced player coaching the newbs. Obviously if it was me it wouldn't be a good thing because I kill off fellow mafiosos quite frequently, plus he knows I need practice as town, so that would be bad. You on the other hand, have no reason to be town over mafia and could definitely coach the newbs. I'm sure he wasn't lying about it being random, but his reaction, combined with the fact that TV and Logic were town really drives up my suspicion on you.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:40:13 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:38:08 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

VTL Spinko

You were really the only cautious one out of the group; Mestari had his caution, but it dissipated in the face of logic. "lynched off of tells rather than investigative results, which is never good" Never good? Did we or did we not just kill a mafia? Isn't that a good thing? Being too cautious loses you the game.

Role??

Being cautious decreases the rate of mislynches. And I'm obviously not divulging my role after 3/7 votes. The two best players in the game are dead. If you want to go off killing anyone you think is mafia without evidence whatever. Yes he was mafia, but we're starting a pattern where everyone thinks it's okay to kill without evidence. That is bad for the town as anyone who has ever played mafia knows.
:
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:40:54 PM
Luca Brasi(Mestari) tried to go undercover to get inside the Soprano family, but they spotted his plan. In a back room at the Bada Bing Gentlemen's Club he is ambushed and strangled to death and his body thrown in the river. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

Mestari- You are Luca Brasi, a Corleone Soldato- On odd numbered phases you may track a player and learn anyone that player visits. In phases 2,5,8, etc. you may choose a player to protect. This will only protect the player from being killed, not from other actions. You may not protect yourself, and this will not protect the player from being lynched. You win with the Corleone family (town).

It now takes 6 votes to lynch.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:42:06 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:40:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/5/2011 1:38:08 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

VTL Spinko

Role??

Being cautious decreases the rate of mislynches. And I'm obviously not divulging my role after 3/7 votes. The two best players in the game are dead. If you want to go off killing anyone you think is mafia without evidence whatever. Yes he was mafia, but we're starting a pattern where everyone thinks it's okay to kill without evidence. That is bad for the town as anyone who has ever played mafia knows.

Hey, I'm not saying let's set a precedent of no evidence, it just seems like we don't have much of a choice. Whoever has the power roles isn't speaking up, so we don't have much to go off of.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:42:36 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:40:54 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Luca Brasi(Mestari) tried to go undercover to get inside the Soprano family, but they spotted his plan. In a back room at the Bada Bing Gentlemen's Club he is ambushed and strangled to death and his body thrown in the river. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

Mestari- You are Luca Brasi, a Corleone Soldato- On odd numbered phases you may track a player and learn anyone that player visits. In phases 2,5,8, etc. you may choose a player to protect. This will only protect the player from being killed, not from other actions. You may not protect yourself, and this will not protect the player from being lynched. You win with the Corleone family (town).

It now takes 6 votes to lynch.

Without seeing my role, me dying is proof that I am innocent. I don't die as mafia. =P Well, good luck to the town.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:45:49 PM
Well now, mafia have struck down Mestari. I feel like this slightly strengthens our suspicions on Spinko. One of the people trying to lynch him gets killed. Coincidence? Nah. He is mafia if you ask me.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 1:48:32 PM
At 11/5/2011 1:33:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/5/2011 1:16:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

VTL Spinko

agh, no. sorry for the confusion, that was in reference to f-16, not you. My reasoning for voting you: Basically what Partham said. Stalling on the spritle lynch, plus i had suspicions of you from last dp. A hunch that you were mafia. TBH, it started way back on your first vote "Vtnl lol" seemed like you were finding it funny that you got the plan, and were going along with it not to seem mafia, and didn't kill anyone to cast suspicion on yourself. Yes, this wasn't much of a deal, but since then, you've been seeming to say a lot of things that are more accusatory of people that i view as townies, and haven't been making, in my eyes, logical progress towards a town plan; but helping to cause confusion among the newbs.