Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 2.3- MWNJ- Day Phase 5

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:02:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Corleone hit squad is becoming quite an efficient tool for Don Sonny Corleone, but his intelligence network is proving to be less efficient. In spite of that weakness, the Corleones now control almost half of New Jersey.

Sleeping with the fishes

Logic- Tom Hagen- Consigliere- Corleone
TV- Joe Barbaro- Soldato- Corleone
Squirtle- Paulie Walnuts- Underboss- Soprano
Mestari- Luca Brasi- Soldato- Corleone
Spinko- Bobby Baccalieri- Soldato- Soprano

Active Players

F-16 Fighting Falcon
Crede
Blackvoid
Mestari2 (Replaces Blackhawk due to workload from school)
Raisor
Man-is-good
Partem Ruhem
Andromeda_Z
Marcuscato
Lickdafoot

6 votes to lynch.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:07:29 PM
So since I devised the plot to uncover spinko, and me and PR were the mso aggressive against Spritle, and MiG found spino guilty, we've got 3 more confirmed townies. But thats only if you buy Lick and F-97 as confirmed as well. So that leaves,

Crede
Blackhawk/Mestari2
Raisor
Andro
Marcus

Ideas?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:07:39 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:06:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
ARGH!! Major brain fart, this should be DP 4, not 5.

I say we can either carry on or ridicule Medic for his brain fart...Hehehe
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:09:42 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:07:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
So since I devised the plot to uncover spinko, and me and PR were the mso aggressive against Spritle, and MiG found spino guilty, we've got 3 more confirmed townies. But thats only if you buy Lick and F-97 as confirmed as well. So that leaves,

Crede
Blackhawk/Mestari2
Raisor
Andro
Marcus

Ideas?

Pressure them...........now.........

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:12:28 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:11:06 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Mestari is active, and we agreed character claims are useless, so

VTL Mestari for role claim

Well, we have to pressure SOMEONE.....

VTL Mestri
for a role claim...

I will unvote if Mestari adequately responds.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:17:01 PM
VTL Mestari. I'll add to the pressure.

I really want to point out that Crede was super-active in the previous two games but isn't posting in this game. But he was mafia once game and town the other, so it still proves nothing. We should come around to pressuring him though if only to show that you can't just sneak by through lurking.

Raisor is busy and he played the same way as mafia and town. Random, sporadic posts.

Andro should really be the next one we pressure unless Mestari is really suspicious. She has been posting in the Pixar thread but not here.

I wouldn't mind lynching someone really quick if the mafia are all offline and haven't yet made their kill because of this reason.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:20:58 PM
I just came back in and am already being pressured? I'm 3rd party. My win condition is to lead a lynch against 3 mafiosos. You can kill me if you want to, but I am practically a townie. It makes sense that Medic will have me replace Blackhawk with this role since I had already used intuition to guide my vote on 2 mafiosos. You want me alive for two reasons:

1. My reads. I can tell you right now that the mafia has a recruiter. How do I know? Well, medic would not have me replace somebody with a win condition of leading a lynch on 3 mafiosos when 2 are dead if there wasn't a recruiter. He always starts with 4 mafiosos, meaning if there was no recruiter I could not win.

2. My role power: I am a watcher but I only detect mafia members visiting people.

By the way, everybody should character claim. I've realized that it isn't so useless after all, but I can't divulge why yet. I am Christopher Moltisanti. I understand that he is a soprano in the show, but quite evidently characters are not linked to affiliation, but are linked to the player in a much different way that will be clear later.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:23:17 PM

Not saying that you are guilty, but VTLing a mafioso does not mean you are innocent. Plus, I pointed out Spinko's inconsistencies so accurately that the mafia had me killed, not you. But, that was in a past life so it does nothing to prove my innocence in this one.

Crede
Blackhawk/Mestari2
Raisor
Andro
Marcus

Ideas?
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:24:31 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:20:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
I just came back in and am already being pressured? I'm 3rd party. My win condition is to lead a lynch against 3 mafiosos. You can kill me if you want to, but I am practically a townie. It makes sense that Medic will have me replace Blackhawk with this role since I had already used intuition to guide my vote on 2 mafiosos. You want me alive for two reasons:

1. My reads. I can tell you right now that the mafia has a recruiter. How do I know? Well, medic would not have me replace somebody with a win condition of leading a lynch on 3 mafiosos when 2 are dead if there wasn't a recruiter. He always starts with 4 mafiosos, meaning if there was no recruiter I could not win.

2. My role power: I am a watcher but I only detect mafia members visiting people.

By the way, everybody should character claim. I've realized that it isn't so useless after all, but I can't divulge why yet. I am Christopher Moltisanti. I understand that he is a soprano in the show, but quite evidently characters are not linked to affiliation, but are linked to the player in a much different way that will be clear later.

Whole load of BS. Exactly the same thing he said in order to avoid getting lynched in beginners 1.3. Let's just lynch him. He is not town, so it is no loss. Btw, LMAO at Mestari giving us "reads."
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:25:19 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:23:17 PM, Mestari wrote:

Not saying that you are guilty, but VTLing a mafioso does not mean you are innocent. Plus, I pointed out Spinko's inconsistencies so accurately that the mafia had me killed, not you. But, that was in a past life so it does nothing to prove my innocence in this one.

I didn't VTL one. I lead or co-lead a lynch on 2.

But your explanation seems decent so unvote
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:25:37 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:24:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/5/2011 10:20:58 PM, Mestari wrote:

Whole load of BS. Exactly the same thing he said in order to avoid getting lynched in beginners 1.3. Let's just lynch him. He is not town, so it is no loss. Btw, LMAO at Mestari giving us "reads."

Lie detect me then. We have time.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:25:58 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:25:19 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

You gotta be kidding me. You obviously don't know Mestari.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:26:54 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:25:58 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

He role claims AND gives justifications. What else do you want?
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:27:54 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:26:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/5/2011 10:25:58 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

He role claims AND gives justifications. What else do you want?

I screwed him with a 3rd party claim in 1.3 so he's not going to believe me unless we get a LD on me. Don't worry about arguing with him, extended DPs make it hard for townies to catch up and stay focused. Let's keep this concise so the mafia can't drown out quality reads.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:28:54 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:27:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Mestari asked to be LD'd in that game as well. This is going to do us no good. Just LD Crede or Raisor or someone, and lynch Mestari.

In 1.3 I asked you to LD my statement that "I benefit from killing mafiosos." Medic had already confirmed to me the statement would come back true because killing mafiosos would make me look town. This game I'm asking you to LD my role. Big difference.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:29:30 PM
Okay, lets start with this: "My win condition is to lead a lynch against 3 mafiosos."

How is that determined? Do you really think Medic would give someone such a ridiculous win condition? What do you mean "lead" a lynch? When does it count as "leading" a lynch?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:31:22 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:29:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, lets start with this: "My win condition is to lead a lynch against 3 mafiosos."

How is that determined? Do you really think Medic would give someone such a ridiculous win condition? What do you mean "lead" a lynch? When does it count as "leading" a lynch?

He may have a point. This win condition seems near impossible.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:32:19 PM

I would have to ask medic, and yes I believe he would do that. He's also put duplicate roles in the game to screw with us. If the LD comes back false, go ahead and lynch me. I don't understand why you are so dead-set on lynching me without any evidence. Is it because in my past life I helped lynch 2 mafiosos? Oh, and just as a note, I died moments after tracking you. Let me remind everyone of my death scene...

"Luca Brasi(Mestari) tried to go undercover to get inside the Soprano family, but they spotted his plan. In a back room at the Bada Bing Gentlemen's Club he is ambushed and strangled to death and his body thrown in the river. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

I died investigating a Soprano. I investigated F-16 right before dying. Suspicious? VTL F-16.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:32:54 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:31:22 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Note that my role is a watcher who only sees mafiosos. It's not all that unreasonable, especially later on in the game if it gets dragged out.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:33:02 PM

Oh, and add the fact that he has a watcher power that can only see mafiosos. WTF? How would that even work? He is pushing crap down our throats. Let's just lynch him.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:35:15 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:33:02 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Oh, and add the fact that he has a watcher power that can only see mafiosos. WTF? How would that even work? He is pushing crap down our throats. Let's just lynch him.

That is exactly why my victory condition is so steep... If I tracked townies I could confirm they visited people for investigations, but the point isn't to help the townies but to kill the mafia. It makes sense to have a specialized role. 1 + 1 = 2.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:35:26 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:32:19 PM, Mestari wrote:

I would have to ask medic, and yes I believe he would do that. He's also put duplicate roles in the game to screw with us. If the LD comes back false, go ahead and lynch me. I don't understand why you are so dead-set on lynching me without any evidence. Is it because in my past life I helped lynch 2 mafiosos? Oh, and just as a note, I died moments after tracking you. Let me remind everyone of my death scene...

"Luca Brasi(Mestari) tried to go undercover to get inside the Soprano family, but they spotted his plan. In a back room at the Bada Bing Gentlemen's Club he is ambushed and strangled to death and his body thrown in the river. Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

I died investigating a Soprano. I investigated F-16 right before dying. Suspicious? VTL F-16.

That seems super legit.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:35:45 PM
Think about how much crap he is throwing at us. In any case, he flat out admitted to not being town. At best, he could be a third party, at worst, the godfather himself.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:37:05 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:35:26 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

That seems super legit.

Him saying that he investigated me is a lie. What proof does he have? He looked at Medic's statement and made it up on the spot.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:38:20 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:35:45 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Think about how much crap he is throwing at us. In any case, he flat out admitted to not being town. At best, he could be a third party, at worst, the godfather himself.

At best, I'm a third party who must kill mafiosos to win. The town must kill mafiosos to win. My role is designed to catch mafiosos. You don't want help winning

At worst, I'm a godfather who can be caught by the LD and then lynched.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:39:49 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:37:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/5/2011 10:35:26 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

That seems super legit.

Him saying that he investigated me is a lie. What proof does he have? He looked at Medic's statement and made it up on the spot.

Because your claim that I'm lying is more legit than me claiming that I'm telling the truth. Your logic is superior. I obviously died tracking a mafioso. If I'm mafia and you turn up innocent, I'm dead next DP for lying. If I'm actually 3rd party, this information helps me fulfill my win condition. Why would a mafioso, with 2 dead in the first 3 DPs put themselves in the situation where AT BEST they get a 1-for-1 trade with the town?
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:40:31 PM
At 11/5/2011 10:38:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 11/5/2011 10:35:45 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

At best, I'm a third party who must kill mafiosos to win. The town must kill mafiosos to win. My role is designed to catch mafiosos. You don't want help winning

At worst, I'm a godfather who can be caught by the LD and then lynched.

We can catch mafiosos on our own. I seriously see no point in keeping you alive. You are not even town. Your win condition is absurd. It is obviously an attempt to trick the LD. The LD can't seriously check that statement, there is no telling what they are going to get.