Total Posts:238|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pixar vs. Dreamworks Mafia - DP4

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 11:29:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Night turns instantly into day… Whose fault is that:

Active Players:
1. tvellalott
2. Logic-on_rails
3. lickdafoot
4. marcuscato (Andromeda)
5. Danielle
6. Marauder
7. DetectableNinja
8. Socialpinko
9. Greyparrot
10. Korashk
11. blackhawk1331

Graveyard

Medic - Skipper – VOTE GATHERER. You lead a band of penguins that do your bidding. Every third NP, you gain one penguin, and thus one vote. However, your vote will not be reflected in the vote count. You need to lynch someone for it to be apparent. You win with the town.

Innomen – You are ____________________, the _______________________.

F-16 - You are Mason, the MASON. You are a monkey from the movie Madagascar. Your role comes from your name… You can start recruiting people on NP5. You win with the town.

It takes 6 votes to lynch.

Please submit your night actions ahead of time.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 1:53:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
No Np? I figure Innomen was Princesss Fiona then. Him being princess makes sense since we just lost the Np and the other players to be killed weren't. Also, he posted in dp3, claiming that Shrek was likely in the game. Because he's Fiona probably. Anyways, wow. Turn out F-63 was telling the truth about everything. Who would have thought. What should we do now? We didn't get an Np to investigate LDf.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 2:11:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, Innomen was beloved princess it seems. For once this is actually REALLY bad timing. We needed a NP to sort things out - me to investigate and others to do whatever they can.

On last DP, I think that while we were unfortunate to mislynch that we can't really blame ourselves too much. If F-16 had initially listed the DP 5 part and not been calling repeatedly for a no lynch we might have had reason to believe he was pro-town, but alas he did not seem so.

I think our best bet is to hope for a pathetic claim. Marauder's the only one to have not character claimed. Following his claim we'll have to think about how to progress, as we are rather at an impasse. Does anybody think a mass claim would be a good idea? Not that I think it's best, but it's important to be weighing our options.

VTL Marauder
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 2:14:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 2:11:29 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Well, Innomen was beloved princess it seems. For once this is actually REALLY bad timing. We needed a NP to sort things out - me to investigate and others to do whatever they can.

On last DP, I think that while we were unfortunate to mislynch that we can't really blame ourselves too much. If F-16 had initially listed the DP 5 part and not been calling repeatedly for a no lynch we might have had reason to believe he was pro-town, but alas he did not seem so.

I think our best bet is to hope for a pathetic claim. Marauder's the only one to have not character claimed. Following his claim we'll have to think about how to progress, as we are rather at an impasse. Does anybody think a mass claim would be a good idea? Not that I think it's best, but it's important to be weighing our options.

VTL Marauder

I don't favor it. Let's see what Maurader claims and then move from there. I might even support a NL this DP. We've mislynched and have literally nothing to go on thus far. Perhaps just getting to the Np and having the investigators start checking people is a good idea. I don't really know though at this point. VTL Maurader for claim.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 2:36:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

marauder - 2/6 - LoR, spinko
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:01:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 1:53:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
No Np? I figure Innomen was Princesss Fiona then. Him being princess makes sense since we just lost the Np and the other players to be killed weren't. Also, he posted in dp3, claiming that Shrek was likely in the game. Because he's Fiona probably. Anyways, wow. Turn out F-63 was telling the truth about everything. Who would have thought. What should we do now? We didn't get an Np to investigate LDf.

Innomen was killed on night phase 1. It is now day phase 4... so why would his role have any impact on the game now? If anything it would have affected day or night phase 2 or 3.

I'd like to point out that if there is a traditional mafia, they likely have a Godfather. While being investigated innocent is obviously helpful, it doesn't prove anything. I'm not indicating tv's guilt - just pointing out that he's not in the clear even though we have no reason to pressure him further for now.

It's obvious that Marauder needs to character claim, though every other character has been claimed so even if he's mafia he'll just pick something from something not yet claimed. Duh.

Obviously nobody's learned anything from their night actions, but if anyone who has revealed already (LoR) learned anything else throughout the game so far, they should come forward.

I'd also like to point out that Korashk has been pretty silent this whole time yet not replaced, whereas other quiet people were.

Assuming there were 4 mafia to start, there are 4 mafia and 7 townies right now. I think there is probably a third party however. I need to go through the list of claims again in order to deduce anything further. I still maintain some of my original suspicions though some have changed slightly (maybe).
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:17:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
tvellalott- Metro Man (Megamind) - ROLE UNCLAIMED - Investigated innocent by LoR NP1

Logic-on_rails - President Hathaway (Monsters Versus Aliens) - JOAT on odd NPs, one-shot can kill three people on even NPs

lickdafoot- Gingerbread Man (Shrek) - If reaches more than 4 votes, Mafia receive information.

Andromeda_Z (replaced marcuscato DP3) - Shrek (Shrek) - Miller

Danielle - Hammy the Hyperactive Squirrel (Over the Hedge) - ROLE UNCLAIMED

Marauder - UNCLAIMED

DetectableNinja - Toothless (How to Train your Dragon) - power is unlocked by Blackhawk (???)

Socialpinko - Z (Antz) - ROLE UNCLAIMED

Greyparrot - ROLE UNCLAIMED (Tutle investigator?)

Korashk- Master Shifu (Kung Fu Panda) - ROLE UNCLAIMED

blackhawk1331- Hiccup (How to Train your Dragon) - unlocks Dragon's power

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lickdafoot's role seems ridiculously scummy, but then again so did F16's (a mason who starts on np5... wtf?). My role sucks too, so I'm thinking bluesteel is making it intentionally hard for the town to win. This makes me assume it's not a traditional game by any means. This may justify Logic's overpowered role; however, a part of me thinks LoR is just some kind of overpowered third party or whatever. I guess all we can do is wait and find out. His explanation was pretty verbose.

At this point we are assuming DNinja and Blackhawk are linked, but we won't know if they really are until one of them dies. I've been mafia in a game where 2 of my teammates claimed to be linked, so people believed them. I guess we'll have to wait and see, or start by asking them more information about what supposedly happens when the other is targeted or whatever. Keep in mind though that this essentially makes blackhawk useless once he targets DNinja (if they are telling the truth).

We're also going to start needing role claims from some people. I still KINDA think I know Spinko's role (not positive), and I'd like to know tv's role except he was investigated innocent which kinda gives him some merit. Then again LoR could be a lying mafioso so his investigation means nothing. I kinda wanna hear from Korashk who has been silent, and get confirmation from Grey about his alleged role claim (investigator?). Didn't he say something like he thought marcus (Andro) had a powerful role even though marcus/Andro claimed miller...?

One more thing -- I asked blue how I would know if I was role blocked, and he said "You wouldn't." Now since he wouldn't tell ME if I was role blocked, why would he tell Greyparrot that he was role blocked??? This makes me think the mafia may not even have a RB to begin with, and Grey knows that so he can just lie and say he was RB... especially after claiming an investigator (sorta) but never clarifying. He always plays like a complete re-re, so he can sneak by because people might assume he is the jester or just playing like a mo.

We know Marauder needs to claim, but like I said if he is mafia he can easily just fake claim at this point so I won't vote for him. I might put symbolic pressure by voting Grey because I think he officially needs to claim instead of pussyfooting around and trying to make us guess.
President of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:21:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:17:55 PM, Danielle wrote:
One more thing -- I asked blue how I would know if I was role blocked, and he said "You wouldn't." Now since he wouldn't tell ME if I was role blocked, why would he tell Greyparrot that he was role blocked??? This makes me think the mafia may not even have a RB to begin with, and Grey knows that so he can just lie and say he was RB... especially after claiming an investigator (sorta) but never clarifying. He always plays like a complete re-re, so he can sneak by because people might assume he is the jester or just playing like a mo.

We know Marauder needs to claim, but like I said if he is mafia he can easily just fake claim at this point so I won't vote for him. I might put symbolic pressure by voting Grey because I think he officially needs to claim instead of pussyfooting around and trying to make us guess.

I think they both should claim today(unless one of their claim is overly scummy) and I'd say most would agree. Why split the votes?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:24:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:01:27 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 11/7/2011 1:53:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
No Np? I figure Innomen was Princesss Fiona then. Him being princess makes sense since we just lost the Np and the other players to be killed weren't. Also, he posted in dp3, claiming that Shrek was likely in the game. Because he's Fiona probably. Anyways, wow. Turn out F-63 was telling the truth about everything. Who would have thought. What should we do now? We didn't get an Np to investigate LDf.

Innomen was killed on night phase 1. It is now day phase 4... so why would his role have any impact on the game now? If anything it would have affected day or night phase 2 or 3.

His death showed up for the first time on Dp3(meaning he was presumably killed on Np2. What would make you think he was killed Np1? Beloved Princess being killed on Np2 would explain us lacking an Np3.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:33:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

marauder - 2/6 - LoR, spinko
grey - 1/6 - danielle
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:48:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Danielle split the votes again? i'm not voting for parrot, his role is not all too hard to figure out (surprising as i figured dani to be the master at figuring this stuff out) and if it's not what i'm guessing, it's probably not what mafia is guessing either, so better to keep them confused about it.

Vtl Maruader I haven't gotten much of a read from you, so more info would be hpful.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:50:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE Grey

Danielles argument for Greyparrot makes perfect sense (she claims she was told she wouldn't know if she was role-blocked, yet Greyparrot said he was roleblocked... where you told?

VOTE Greyparrot


I'd like to apologise to F-16; your role claim was legitimately scummy and we needed to move forward.

As for me role claiming, I'd like to leave it as long as possible and when I do claim, my actions up to this point will make perfect sense. I hope the mafia haven't got a stalker-role and already know what it is. >_<

Marauder, you should character claim pl0x.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:51:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:48:38 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Danielle split the votes again? i'm not voting for parrot, his role is not all too hard to figure out (surprising as i figured dani to be the master at figuring this stuff out) and if it's not what i'm guessing, it's probably not what mafia is guessing either, so better to keep them confused about it.

Vtl Maruader I haven't gotten much of a read from you, so more info would be hpful.

I don't really think Danielle is that stupid Lick.
Suspicious, maybe.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:56:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:51:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/7/2011 5:48:38 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Danielle split the votes again? i'm not voting for parrot, his role is not all too hard to figure out (surprising as i figured dani to be the master at figuring this stuff out) and if it's not what i'm guessing, it's probably not what mafia is guessing either, so better to keep them confused about it.

Vtl Maruader I haven't gotten much of a read from you, so more info would be hpful.

I don't really think Danielle is that stupid Lick.
Suspicious, maybe.

exactly...
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:57:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:52:35 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Of course Danielle claiming there is no roleblocker is the gospel, get up on that train TV!

It's a wagon and I'm on it.
You're playing like Zets used to play; refusing to claim, refusing to elaborate on perceived scum-tells... What are we supposed to think?

Again, we need to move on to the NP as quickly as possible because it's our best chance for information.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:57:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

marauder - 3/6 - LoR, spinko, lickdafoot
grey - 2/6 - danielle, tv
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:58:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I never said there was no role blocker.

I asked bluesteel how I would know if I was role blocked (it would not be obvious based on my role) and he said "You wouldn't." That doesn't mean that there isn't a role blocker, or that he didn't tell you something different, Grey. I'm just telling you what he told me. But yes. I love how everybody insults me (saying my word is gospel, or I should be "smarter than that") as if your insults offend me in any way whatsoever. To me Grey's role is not obvious, and he plays like a jester in every single game so it's hard to get a read on him. I'm not "splitting the votes." It's 100% obvious that Marauder knows he has to claim today. Obviously if he doesn't I'll vote for him. Duh.
President of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 5:59:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:57:18 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/7/2011 5:52:35 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Of course Danielle claiming there is no roleblocker is the gospel, get up on that train TV!

It's a wagon and I'm on it.
You're playing like Zets used to play; refusing to claim, refusing to elaborate on perceived scum-tells... What are we supposed to think?

Again, we need to move on to the NP as quickly as possible because it's our best chance for information.

Yeah... I claimed I got told by Bluesteel that I was roleblocked, lie detect that.

Oh nevermind, you already made your mind up.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:01:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 5:59:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Yeah... I claimed I got told by Bluesteel that I was roleblocked, lie detect that.

Oh nevermind, you already made your mind up.

Why so defensive... you're one of two people who hasn't claimed and you're clearly the more suspicious of the two.

I'm not advocating lynching you right now, like I was with F-16 yesterday.
I just want you to stop fvcking around.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:02:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let me ask you something Danielle, what kind of town roles do you think are eligible for roleblocking? Anything possibly worth NOT revealing to the mafia? If it's a good blockable role, what does town gain? How about a semi- useless blockable role, any gain for the town there? What do you think?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:02:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also if Greyparrot refuses to claim then I refuse to claim. Everybody else should refuse to claim too. Brilliant strategy. I'm sure that'll get us really far.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:03:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 6:02:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Let me ask you something Danielle, what kind of town roles do you think are eligible for roleblocking? Anything possibly worth NOT revealing to the mafia? If it's a good blockable role, what does town gain? How about a semi- useless blockable role, any gain for the town there? What do you think?

Why does it even matter? If the mafia role blocked you (because you claimed some kind of investigator), then THEY'RE GOING TO ROLE BLOCK YOU AGAIN. You refusing to claim because your role is oh so important just means they're going to role block or kill you anyway.
President of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:04:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 6:01:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/7/2011 5:59:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Yeah... I claimed I got told by Bluesteel that I was roleblocked, lie detect that.

Oh nevermind, you already made your mind up.

Why so defensive... you're one of two people who hasn't claimed and you're clearly the more suspicious of the two.

I'm not advocating lynching you right now, like I was with F-16 yesterday.
I just want you to stop fvcking around.

What is it exactly you want me to do then? You're asking me to be careless and possibly free up mafia's roleblocker to hurt town even more, right?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:04:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also blue said he would not tell me if I was RB, so the fact that he (allegedly) told you just makes him an inconsistent mod and people can make up their own minds about that at the end of the game, I guess.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:05:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wonder if the clip bluesteel posted is relevant?
We already know that there is definitely a character from Cars in the game (based on the mafia kill from NP1), there is some janitor-type role (possibly a mafia JOAT), that there is a role who can redirect other roles and now the night phase has been mysteriously skipped.

I'm willing to bet Woody or Buzz Lightyear are characters.

However, based on the roles that have been claimed, I'm not so sure. Perhaps Mafia are lesser characters from the Pixar movies? I mean, Greyparrot, perhaps you're the turtle Crush from Finding Nemo..
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:06:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 6:05:34 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I wonder if the clip bluesteel posted is relevant?
We already know that there is definitely a character from Cars in the game (based on the mafia kill from NP1), there is some janitor-type role (possibly a mafia JOAT), that there is a role who can redirect other roles and now the night phase has been mysteriously skipped.

I'm willing to bet Woody or Buzz Lightyear are characters.

However, based on the roles that have been claimed, I'm not so sure. Perhaps Mafia are lesser characters from the Pixar movies? I mean, Greyparrot, perhaps you're the turtle Crush from Finding Nemo..

No I am the turtle in that kungfu panda flick I think.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 6:08:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/7/2011 6:06:46 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/7/2011 6:05:34 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I wonder if the clip bluesteel posted is relevant?
We already know that there is definitely a character from Cars in the game (based on the mafia kill from NP1), there is some janitor-type role (possibly a mafia JOAT), that there is a role who can redirect other roles and now the night phase has been mysteriously skipped.

I'm willing to bet Woody or Buzz Lightyear are characters.

However, based on the roles that have been claimed, I'm not so sure. Perhaps Mafia are lesser characters from the Pixar movies? I mean, Greyparrot, perhaps you're the turtle Crush from Finding Nemo..

No I am the turtle in that kungfu panda flick I think.

See what I mean? There IS NO turtle in Kung Fu panda (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

Claim NOAW!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...