Jump to topic:

Dungeons and Dragons: Town of Alton

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 2:10:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sending you all some back-stories in PM's.

http://pastehtml.com...

Okeydokes... so..

Googlemabob is en route to the local church's library in his hometown of Alton (a fairly large, mostly human, town of about 500)

and halfway there.. Aaron, the son of the first lieutenant of the watch, and his buddies see frail, keeps to himself, google-mabob on his daily trek... they step in front of him and ask what he's up to.
... and then, cutting short the small-talk, Aaron all of a sudden begins to complain about the exorbitant prices at Googlemabob's mother's wine-shop.. and asks if he can't get some at a reduced price.. like free.. and suggests that That might be a better thing for Google to do today.. and suggests he turns back around and go gett'em some bottles.

what do you say Google?!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 3:08:56 PM
Lamfellessuath shows the list of spell components to the shopkeeper, checking his pocket as he doesn't remember whether his father had sent money for the errand or he was to cover it
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 6:45:20 PM
Balinda (of the garden-shop) says:

oh lamsfelle, How can a bright boy like you be so forgetful?.. put away your money, your father has an account here, remember..

- - -

And.. Aaron, tired of waiting for Googlemabob's response to his suggestion, says:

"Nevermind, forget I asked.. it's not like we're friends or anything, right.. I understand.

Go ahead"
and moves half-way aside to let google pass...

But he draws his foot out to trip him as google hurriedly tries to go about his business... and sends google sprawling to the dust.
(by the way Neither you, google, nor those accosting you are decked out in armor.. however you do have your rapier at your side, and see that one thug has a billy club at his side)

As Aaron and his buddies break out in laughter.. Lamfelle steps out of Balinda's garden-shop where he can't help but notice the situation that's developing.
(and, by sheer happenstance, off to the side a halfling and half-orc are emerging from a path in the woods.. They remain unseen by everyone else.. but stop to listen to the bustle going on)

The three surround Erathan who's prone and..
Aaron says:
Mmm.. I wanted to get on better terms with you Erathan.. I've never understood why you don't like the people here.You'd think someone like you would be grateful for normal people like us to try to include you in things.
And then there's your mother. who somehow thinks highly enough of herself to charge such outrageous prices for a drink despite her Original profession landing her with a Bastard, mutant, son..
Now.. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt today because my old man happens to have some fond memories of your old lady, and might not like my picking on the son that Only chance would have wasn't his..
But you just couldn't have made it that easy could you..

After quickly glancing about and giving a hateful, dismissive, glance at Lamfelle.. Aaron says: aright boys.. let's learn him.

Initiative:

Louella (L) 21
Lamfelle (R) 20
Thug (T) 19
Erathan (G) 17
Neymoy (P) 16
Aaron (A) 9
thug (t) 9

(Fyi: aaron looks a good bit bigger, tougher, and uglier than his compatriots)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 6:52:41 PM
Lisa's up first..

and here's an updated map! : http://pastehtml.com...

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 6:59:32 PM
Actually... This is the map (better reflects what just happened)

http://pastehtml.com...

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2011 9:08:33 PM
Aaron says:
Ha, lookit that! The punching-bag's actually got a friend!

and to the woods:
Come'on then

Any other actions this turn Louella? (speaking is a free-action, though you've now said all that you have time to)

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 12:43:11 AM
I'll move to N10, cast Color Spray on the thugs. Won't hit Aaron, but also won't hit Erathan, which is good since Aaron's apparently tough enough (tough in mechanical terms often=more HP=likely more HD) to be affected less by it anyway. Will save DC 16

http://www.d20srd.org...

Lamfel rushes around and mutters an incantation and his doubts that the help will be appreciated to himself.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2011 12:44:51 AM
DC15 sorry.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 5:31:53 AM
Both thugs drop unconscious from the assault of pretty colors.

Erathan's up!

Metaphysics:
googlemabob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 8:47:34 AM
Immediately thankful to Lamfellsueth, Erathan jumps up onto his feet while Aaron is distracted. Retrieving the grinning mask of Olidammara from his pouch, Erathan moves his hands in a large circle, chanting "Mihi done sanctuarum". A laughing face briefly appears, and Erathan feels much safer.

(Casts Sanctuary)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 5:25:26 PM
And.. as you swing your legs under you and lift yourself up from your hands..

Aaron knees you in the face for 5 damage ;)

However.. You do then have a second to cast your spell unimpeded, and do so succesfully.

Cue Neymoy the druidic Halfling!

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 5:28:55 PM
In the future, you'll typically not want to cast things in melee range without a cast defensively check.
(why you'd cast a spell to basically take yourself out of the fight I couldn't say, unless you don't think Aaron will attack anyone else :P)
googlemabob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 3:40:54 PM
(Thanks for the advice. I had forgotten about Attacks of Opportunity. As for the sanctuary spell, I was just playin' my character. He seems more of a recluse and coward than a fighter to me.)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2011 4:14:44 PM
(unnerstandable :P)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 9:51:19 AM
Derp missed this thread.

Anyway, stay where I am, attempt to cast entangle on Aaron if them trees can reach him from there.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 10:29:09 AM
At 11/13/2011 9:51:19 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
if them trees can reach him from there.
Nope!

Aaron, seemingly surprised and offended by Lamfelle's presumptuous intrusion into his bullying routines.. ignores the shaking half-elf erathan and moves to wipe the smug look off the face of the wizard's kid.
(google has an Attack of Opportunity to take if he wishes.. though it'd end the spell.. and it'd be unarmed since his Rapier's still on his belt )

Aaron lands a smack on the elf for 4 damage.
"Think I'm scared of you or something ya nancy?"

Louella's turn!

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 10:53:28 AM
5 feet to a square.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 11:30:27 AM
The range of the spell is 440 feet, the area of the spell is 40 feet, but there would prolly have to be grass in the guy's square or a tree next to his square for you to target him effectively. (Also, he's got our guy next to him and the stuff isn't party friendly, entangle is more something you cast when the whole enemy party is a ways away from yours, so you can keep them that way).
googlemabob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2011 11:32:37 AM
Erathan sees an opportunity to strike, but continues to focus on his sanctuary spell, hoping someone else will take care of Aaron before it ends.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 5:23:49 PM
"Anyone gonna help me deal with this a**hat?*

Points at Louella
"You, with the bow?"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 5:01:56 PM
<sorry I've been so long, yet again.. and "louella"s expressed disinterest :/ >

Louella, drawing her bow, steps out in front of the halfling and says:

"Aright pal, that's nough.. Now you be a pretty pin-hog"

She fires an arrow at Aaron that whizzes by him right beyond his nose.

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:20:33 PM
Full Withdraw (full round action that doubles move speed and avoids AoO's) to V13.

Lamfel mutters a little louder about how he shouldn't have bothered leaving Erathan out of the spray if he and everyone else were that useless and rushes behind a building, dodging fists.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:54:24 PM
At 11/16/2011 7:20:33 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Full Withdraw (full round action that doubles move speed and avoids AoO's) to V13.

Lamfel mutters a little louder about how he shouldn't have bothered leaving Erathan out of the spray if he and everyone else were that useless and rushes behind a building, dodging fists.

RR: Gets away safely..

Thug sleeps on soundly: "ZZZZ...."

Erathan's Up!

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 7:57:08 PM
also, erathan.. you sense that your spell has expired :/

(it lasts 1round/level http://www.d20srd.org... )

Metaphysics:
googlemabob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 8:02:02 AM
Realizing that he's lost his aid, and that his spell's effect has ended before someone could take out Aaron, Erathan sighs and withdraws his rapier. As unwilling as he is, he tries to hit Aaron with it.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 3:38:33 PM
At 11/17/2011 8:02:02 AM, googlemabob wrote:
As unwilling as he is, he tries to hit Aaron with it.

and scores big, with a solid hit piercing right through his shoulder! 6 damage

Metaphysics: