Jump to topic:

Dexter Mafia - DP2

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:31:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's so strange! The plot of the show seems to be inexplicably changing. I guess when you watch the show enough times, you see new things that you didn't see before.

Active players
1. Andromeda
2. NERDYKILLER
3. tvellalott
4. Spritle
5. Raisor
6. Mestari
7. Blackvoid
8. Medic
9. Rusty
10. Blackhawk1331
11. Headphonegut
12. mongeese
13. socialpinko
14. mongoose
15. M.Torres
16. Korashk
17. drafterman
18. Chrysippus
19. Man-is-good
20. logic_on_rails

Graveyard

PartamRuhem – You are THE SKINNER. You flay people alive and demand RESPECT from people. Disrespect is the ultimate insult to you. And what can be more disrespectful in a game of mafia than killing you. You are a BOMB. If someone disrespects you by hammering you (in a lynch) or killing you during the NP, that person dies as well. You win with the mafia.

Marcuscato - You are Rudy Moser. You are the ICE TRUCK KILLER and Dexter's biological brother. As a serial killer, you win by eliminating all other players except yourself and one other person. Each NP, kill one person. You are also Deb's boyfriend at one point in the show. That may be important. Good luck.

Lickdafoot - You are Angel. You are a sincerely nice guy and a cop, to boot. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the town.

F-16 - _________________________

It takes 11 votes to lynch.

VOTE COUNT

Spinko – 1/11 – M.Torres

Please continue to submit your night actions EARLY (during the DP).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 11:36:37 AM
Not sure if people would find this useful, but:

Here is my summary of discussion and actions from Day Phase 1:

socialpinko
Yuki Amando
"I win with the town."
Pressure drafterman into CC.
Disagree with mass CC.
Role matches character.
Characters are not necessarily good or bad.
Suspicious of F-16.
Pressure Rusty into CC.
Character Claim: Yuki Amando
"I do not win with mafia."
"I am not third party."
Pressure Raisor into CC.

drafterman
Maria LaGuerta
"I win with the town."
Character Claim: Maria LaGuerta.
VTNL to end DP1.

blackhawk1331
"I win with the town."

lickdafoot
Suggested mass CC.
"I win with the town."
Character tied with role.
Focus on specific CC (Drafterman).
Retract support for mass CC.
Pressure socialpinko into CC.
VTNL to end DP1.

M. Torres
Agree with mass CC.
"I win with the town."
Solicitation for who knows the series.
Believes Dexter (and aquaintences) are town.
Suspicious of socialpinko's CC (minor character).
Investigate socialpinko.
Tracker on Andromeda.
Doc on spinko.
VTNL to end DP1.

Man-is-good
"I win with the town."
VTNL to end DP1.

medic0506
"I win with the town."
No mass CC.
Pressure Raisor into CC.
VTNL to end DP1

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
"I win with the town."
Disagree with mass CC.
Pressure Raisor into CC.
Investigate Partham, Spinko, or LDF.
Doc on drafterman.
Bodyguard LDF.
Pressure Raisor in DP2.
VTNL to end DP1.

Chrysippus
Disagree with mass CC.
"I win with the town."
Believes LDF is important town or mafia.
Pressure LDF into CC, then unvoted.
VTNL to end DP1.

Raisor
Scott Smith
"I win with the town."
Character Claim: Scott Smith.

PartamRuhem
Disagrees with pressure on LDF to CC.
"I win with the town."
Pressure mongoose into CC.
Suspicious of F-16 (for pressure on socialpinko).
Pressure Raisor into CC.
VTNL to end DP1.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a mongoose AND a mongeese, so I'm not sure which did what.

mongoose/mongeese?
"I win with the town."
Pressure Raisor into CC.

Mestari
"Pressure Raisor into CC.
"I win with the town."
Suspicious of M. Torres.
VTNL to end DP1.

headphonegut
"I win with the town."
Pressure PartamRuhem into CC.
Suspicious of M. Torres, spino, partham, F-16, LDF
Pressure Raisor into CC.

Logic_on_rails
"I win with the town."
VTNL to end DP1.
Believes Torres may be town.
Suspicion on LDF.

Spritle
"I win with the town."
Pressure F-16 to CC.

Blackvoid
Believes Dexter may be third party and serial killer.
"I win with the town."
VTNL to end DP1.
Don't investigate drafterman.
Get Raisor's CC in DP2
Believe's Andromeda's and drafterman's claims.

Andromeda
Sergeant Doakes/miller
Will appear as Bay Harbor Butcher/serial killer.
"I win with the town."
VTNL to end DP1.

Korashk
Read thread.

nerdykiller
Doc on drafterman.
Tracker on Andromeda.
Investigate drafterman.
"I win with the town.

marcuscato
Suspicious of socialpinko.
"I win with the town."
VTNL to end DP1.

tvellalott
No activity.

Rusty
No activity.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:21:16 PM
Wow thanks for the summary drafter! Since it looks like it was an issue if Dexter is town or not (I havent watched the show but Im guessing since he's a serial killer?), my role implies Dexter is NOT mafia (though he might be third party?).
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:24:24 PM
Great post drafterman. This should be useful.

4 people dead on DP2? And somehow Brian Moser wasn't mafia. This game is just as confusing as I thought it'd be.

Anyway, since we were talking a lot about getting Raisor's CC this DP, might as well do so now.

VTL Raisor

I also have a question for M. Torres. Why did you ask people how familiar they are with the show?
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:26:28 PM
Yeah, thanks. I can imagine that probably took a bit. Also, I made a few comments during Day Phase 1, so that's not entirely accurate for what its worth. I'm not going to lie, I really have no idea who to go after during the first day phase with this many people. Do we have any leads?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:26:45 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:24:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

4 people dead on DP2? And somehow Brian Moser wasn't mafia. This game is just as confusing as I thought it'd be.

Anyway, since we were talking a lot about getting Raisor's CC this DP, might as well do so now.

VTL Raisor

I also have a question for M. Torres. Why did you ask people how familiar they are with the show?

Raisor eventually did CC:

Raisor, Character Claim: Scott Smith.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:29:23 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:26:45 PM, drafterman wrote:

VTL Raisor

Ok, my bad.

Thats an extremely obscure character. He is in like 2 episodes and maybe 5 total scenes tops. Not sure what to think of this yet.

Unvote
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:29:27 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:26:28 PM, Rusty wrote:
Yeah, thanks. I can imagine that probably took a bit. Also, I made a few comments during Day Phase 1, so that's not entirely accurate for what its worth. I'm not going to lie, I really have no idea who to go after during the first day phase with this many people. Do we have any leads?

If people want a verbatim recap of DP1, they can read the thread. I took what I thought were the most important elements (character claims, suspicions, votes/pressure, strategies and theories, etc.) I'm new, so it's quite likely I may have missed things that are actually important, but some information is better than none, given that the primary disadvantage of the town is no information.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:30:45 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:29:23 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

VTL Raisor

Ok, my bad.

Thats an extremely obscure character. He is in like 2 episodes and maybe 5 total scenes tops. Not sure what to think of this yet.

Unvote

The same is true of socialpinko's character, which is what earned him the suspicion of M. Torres. I'm inclined to agree with this logic; there are plenty of more prolific characters to go around for a game this size, but I'm wary of characters like that deliberately thrown in to make the game more interesting/difficut.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:31:59 PM
Thank you for the list; should help a lot. Are you planning on posting one for each DP?

This part of my entry is not accurate:

The only vote I cast last DP was for the NL at the end; I was at work for the majority of the DP during the middle, when most people posted. I believe I posted at the end that I don't have suspicions that I'm willing to share yet; I prefer to have something concrete to share rather than making wild accusations.

It's a long list, though; mistakes happen.

Also, ouch. Losing the cop on the first day hurts.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:33:11 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:29:27 PM, drafterman wrote:

If people want a verbatim recap of DP1, they can read the thread. I took what I thought were the most important elements (character claims, suspicions, votes/pressure, strategies and theories, etc.) I'm new, so it's quite likely I may have missed things that are actually important, but some information is better than none, given that the primary disadvantage of the town is no information.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to bite your head off- I was just watching my own back, since inactivity can sometimes be views as suspicious. You seem like a good player.

ANYHOW. Someone above said that the game is turning out not to be so black and white, as a few people predicted in DP1. M. Torres, why were you so opposed to thinking about this in DP1? I could grab the quote but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:34:42 PM
Drafter. Excellent post. In fact, that should give us a few places for a lead.

I'm assuming Dexter is some sort of SK. Whether or not he's Third Party is going to be a major issue however. On the one hand, we've already had one serial killer who was Third Party. On the other, the description implies ALL serial killers are third party (but the Mafia serial killers refute this).

Once again, like I said, it seems relations WITH Dexter imply allegiance, rather than the characters themselves. This would work towards Dexter being Town, but I cannot be sure. With all the above, I say it is more likely Dexter is Town than not. No reason to dwell on it though, since we don't really need to worry about it atm.

Also, for the one who asked, there is a simple reason why knowing every player's familiarity with the show is important. It should go unsaid though.

I'm going to go over the summary again, and find a lead from there.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:35:48 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:33:11 PM, Rusty wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to bite your head off- I was just watching my own back, since inactivity can sometimes be views as suspicious. You seem like a good player.

ANYHOW. Someone above said that the game is turning out not to be so black and white, as a few people predicted in DP1. M. Torres, why were you so opposed to thinking about this in DP1? I could grab the quote but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

It isn't necessarily complicated just yet, in terms of protagonists being town and vice versa. Angel (town) is a protagonist, the skinner (mafia) is an antagonist. Brian Moser is the only questionable affiliation so far.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:37:31 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:34:42 PM, M.Torres wrote:

I'm assuming Dexter is some sort of SK. Whether or not he's Third Party is going to be a major issue however. On the one hand, we've already had one serial killer who was Third Party. On the other, the description implies ALL serial killers are third party (but the Mafia serial killers refute this).

Once again, like I said, it seems relations WITH Dexter imply allegiance, rather than the characters themselves. This would work towards Dexter being Town, but I cannot be sure. With all the above, I say it is more likely Dexter is Town than not. No reason to dwell on it though, since we don't really need to worry about it atm.

Also, for the one who asked, there is a simple reason why knowing every player's familiarity with the show is important. It should go unsaid though.

Yeah, so the mafia can take out the people who can spot fake character claims?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:38:31 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:30:45 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/11/2011 12:29:23 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

VTL Raisor

Ok, my bad.

Unvote

The same is true of socialpinko's character, which is what earned him the suspicion of M. Torres. I'm inclined to agree with this logic; there are plenty of more prolific characters to go around for a game this size, but I'm wary of characters like that deliberately thrown in to make the game more interesting/difficut.

The difference I noticed is that Spinko's character is directly related to the Trinity Killer, giving him a higher likelihood of being in the game if we can suppose Trinity Killer is Mafia (I strongly do, since he's one of Dexter's largest antagonists).

But this sucks. Cop is out, so we cannot inspect Spinko as I hoped.

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:38:56 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:31:59 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Thank you for the list; should help a lot. Are you planning on posting one for each DP?

The only vote I cast last DP was for the NL at the end; I was at work for the majority of the DP during the middle, when most people posted. I believe I posted at the end that I don't have suspicions that I'm willing to share yet; I prefer to have something concrete to share rather than making wild accusations.

Well we lost 4 players and 2 were mafia or third party so I think we could have had a worse NP.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:40:48 PM

It's simple. This is a series game. Series games follow the same formula, which is normally that the main characters and their companions are Town. Antagonists are Mafia. Now, I'm not well versed in Dexter at all, but I already know that some protagonists may not be considered "good" by moral standards. But if they are protags, or have good relations with protags, it is likely they are Town.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:43:26 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:37:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

*sigh*

It should go unsaid though. And no, that's not the reason I had in mind.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:43:46 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:35:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

It isn't necessarily complicated just yet, in terms of protagonists being town and vice versa. Angel (town) is a protagonist, the skinner (mafia) is an antagonist. Brian Moser is the only questionable affiliation so far.

Are you forgetting that Moser WASN'T Town? So no, it's not "questionable" as of the moment.

Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:43:56 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:38:56 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 11/11/2011 12:31:59 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Well we lost 4 players and 2 were mafia or third party so I think we could have had a worse NP.

And we haven't the foggiest idea what F16 was. It looks like there may be a mafia janitor.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:47:19 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:43:26 PM, M.Torres wrote:

*sigh*

Sure...

lol. Anyway, Brian Moser was the major antagonist of season 1. First inclination would be that he's mafia, not third party. Hence the "questionable" affiliation.

You've refused twice to explain why you asked for familiarity claims. It it makes it easier for you, you can consider me stupid for asking this "obvious" question. But I still want to know.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:49:15 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:48:30 PM, Rusty wrote:
Page seventeen of last day phase. Anyone else find anything interesting there?

Also, What does "F-16-_____________" mean? Never seen that before. There's a role that hides a target's role?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:49:35 PM
It appears Mafia was able to infere from LDF's statement that her character was tied well to her character, and thus didn't want to claim, was probably the reason she was offed. However... I'm only assuming that Mafia did kill her, for the reason I said. However, due to F-16 being janitored, it's a strong case he could be the Mafia kill as well.

In the case of LDF being NKed, it'll be hard to decide why. If it WAS F-16, it was more likely due to someone not liking what he said. But whom?

On another point, we may want to move toward pressuring inactives since there isn't too much to go on.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:50:36 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:49:15 PM, Rusty wrote:

Also, What does "F-16-_____________" mean? Never seen that before. There's a role that hides a target's role?

Janitor. Deletes character information upon death. But then again, his own character could've caused that upon his death... So either.

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:52:00 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:50:36 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 11/11/2011 12:49:15 PM, Rusty wrote:

Janitor. Deletes character information upon death. But then again, his own character could've caused that upon his death... So either.

What about the firs6t part?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 12:58:54 PM

Not at first glance. Did you have anything in mind?
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:01:27 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:58:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

F16 called for Partam and socialpinko to be investigated. Partam turns out to be mafia, and F16 died.

Probably more than a coincidence.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:02:18 PM
At 11/11/2011 12:47:19 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/11/2011 12:43:26 PM, M.Torres wrote:

*sigh*

Sure...

lol. Anyway, Brian Moser was the major antagonist of season 1. First inclination would be that he's mafia, not third party. Hence the "questionable" affiliation.

You've refused twice to explain why you asked for familiarity claims. It it makes it easier for you, you can consider me stupid for asking this "obvious" question. But I still want to know.

Yes, and the point is that, regardless, we would have had to remove him at some point anyway. So I fail to see how that causes any sort of problems with what I have said.

I stated DP1, and many players familiar with me can attest this, I am not likely to say until it directly works for the Town. Otherwise, there's no reason to share with Mafia, or Town, really.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2011 1:03:38 PM
At 11/11/2011 1:01:27 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 11/11/2011 12:58:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

F16 called for Partam and socialpinko to be investigated. Partam turns out to be mafia, and F16 died.

Probably more than a coincidence.

This is a good point. Then I feel bad for the Vig who removed Lickdafoot, and they probably feel bad too. In this case, this implies Spinko is even more likely Town.