Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pixar vs Dreamworks Endgame

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:27:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
MAFIA WIN!!!

This game had a really underpowered town, silly roles thrown in to further trick town (role switcher, retarded Mason), and a really overpowered mafia. The goal was to make town rely more on intuition/behavior and to show mods that even with an underpowered town, it's still really hard for mafia to win.

Mafia managed to turn it around with suspicion of tvellalot at the end, but honestly, they seemed on the verge of losing. Every townie role had seemingly confirmed themselves by DP5, with logic's role confirming tv.

Roles

Welcome minions. Defeat the inferior animation studio! They churn out too many productions. You all are QUALITY. It takes painstaking exactitude to animate all of you properly, giving you some awesome powers.

logic_on_rails - Mater – JANITOR. In the blackness of the night (phase), you are able to tow away the garbage and junk before anyone sees it. You have a one-shot ability that ensures the character and role of the mafia night kill will NOT be announced next DP, but will instead be divulged to the mafia. You win with the mafia.

lickdafoot - Violet – ROLE COP. Your invisibility allows you to spy on people while they are using their role, divulging to you the secrets of their powers. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the mafia.

Marauder - Chef Skinner – ROLE BLOCKER AND FRAMER. Your goal is to frustrate Linguini's ambitions and you are willing to do ANYTHING to accomplish that goal: forge documents, c0ck block his budding romance, etc. Each NP, pick a target and that person can't use his/her role AND will appear guilty to investigation for that NP. You win with the mafia.

Socialpinko - Princess Atta – GODFATHER. You are the princess ant in A Bug's Life. Many people confuse you with Princess Bala, the princess who the protagonist falls in love with in Antz. Because people find it difficult to tell you apart, you cannot be investigated guilty (as being part of Pixar). You win with the mafia.

innomen - Princess Fiona - BELOVED PRINCESS. You know how this works by now - if the town lynches you, they lose a day phase. If the mafia night kills you, they lose a night phase. But there's one twist: at the end of NP3, you turn into an ugly ogre, and while you're still a princess, you're not "beloved" so much anymore. As a princess, town will still be punished for lynching you, but no one will fight for you if the mafia cuts off your ugly head, so the mafia penalty will disappear starting DP4. You win with the town.

Grey - Grand Master Oogway – COP. You seem to be able to divine someone's true nature. As such, you can investigate someone each NP and see what is in their heart (GOOD = TOWN, EVIL = MAFIA). You win with the town.

F-16 #2 - You are Master Shifu - If the cop dies, you inherit his role. You win with the town.

Andromeda - Shrek - MILLER. Why does everyone think every good animated movie is made by Pixar??? You're made by Dreamworks, @#$*U@#!!! But no one else seems to know that. If investigated, you will appear to be part of the enemy. You win with the town.

Medic - Skipper – VOTE GATHERER. You lead a band of penguins that do your bidding. Every third NP, you gain one penguin, and thus one vote. However, your vote will not be reflected in the vote count. You need to lynch someone for it to be apparent. You win with the town.

F-16 - You are Mason, the MASON. You are a monkey from the movie Madagascar. Your role comes from your name… You can start recruiting people on NP5. You win with the town.

Danielle - Hammy the Hyperactive Squirrel – Your hyperactivity seems to foil your friends' plans, at times. You are the role switcher, and must choose one person whose role to switch and must choose one other person for that role to target. If you fail to choose on time, I will choose for you (and you might not like that). You win with the town.

Drafterman - You are Toothless - You are a Night Fury, the most dangerous of all the different species of dragons. Unfortunately, you have lost the ability to fly. If you gain the ability back, you become a vigilante, capable of killing anyone you please once per NP. You win with the town.

Medic #2 – Hiccup - TEACHER. Each NP, target one person. If you target the right player, something really good will happen to that player. You win with the town.

Night actions:

danielle targeted spinko a bunch of times. She was RB/framed on NP1, but grey (stupidly) targeted marcus (the CLAIMED miller) that NP. This mistake was fortuitous, however, since had he targeted danielle, the obvious target, he would have got her lynched much sooner than she actually was.

last NP, grey targeted spinko, the Godfather. Mafia made a really smart move by framing tv and letting the cop do his investigations. Barring getting tv lynched, a successful frame job or confirming the godfather were their only way to victory.

MVP was Marauder, although all of the mafia played well. Their claims weren't perfect, but worked well enough this game. The reason I threw stupid roles in was precisely to make claims like lickdafoot's look less suspect.

I really dislike games where mods give town all standard roles (cop, LD, vig, doc, bulletproof, etc). Not only does it overpower the town, but it leaves mafia nothing to claim that is plausible.

My one regret is that I wish I gave town a doctor rather than a bulletproof. It made it far too easy for them, especially given the teacher/pupil roles. If there had been a doctor, mafia kills would have been semi-obvious at certain points.

danielle also played really well, as usual, but didn't push town hard enough to follow her suspicions. As a result, the mafia were able to push town to do their bidding or into stalemates where the DP ended with a time limit.

I thought logic was obviously mafia all game, fyi. He "knew too much" - mafia had a role cop, innomen was beloved princess. He said all those things in the DP. His role was also obviously too overpowered. Do you guys really think I'd spend time constructing a game, mod it for a week, and then let a random number generator kill 3 people and decide who wins? Also, his claim was risky since if lickdafoot (the role cop) died, then the "info" he got (about a role "stealer") would have been suspect. I'm surprised danielle didn't put two and two together (him knowing her role and saying mafia had a role cop, which is a really rare mafia role). He also confirmed tv, the one townie role that wasn't confirmable without the vig. Lol, all that said though, he played tv REALLY well and made awesome contributions to the mafia PM.

One last thing: I also purposely tried to throw town off with inconsistencies. If you had a role that got results, you'd be told you were RB'ed. If you had a role where you couldn't tell, I wouldn't tell you. I sent you all different role PM's (varied the title of the role PM's, so you couldn't use that to confirm yourselves. I don't like when mods help players confirm themselves using mod behavior.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:33:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
oh, mafia night actions

NP1: role cop tv
rb/frame danielle

NP2: role cop danielle
rb/frame grey (who wanted to investigate marauder - nice choice)

NP4: role cop andromeda
rb/frame grey

NP5: role cop F16
rb/frame tv

last thing: grey's comment about marcus (the miller) having a power role was interesting. It did cause lickdafoot to believe that grey was NOT an investigator (instead she thought he "unlocked" shrek's power), but mafia still decided to RB grey, so that didn't help him. All it really accomplished was to make mafia waste a role cop on andromeda (the miller replacement). It was an interesting strategy though. Unfortunately, mafia never bought it enough to consider killing the miller.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:40:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Note to future mods: urging people to submit night actions early (during the previous DP) really speeds things up. I probably could have had 2 hour NP's all the time in this game, except the mafia often took FOREVER to come to a consensus :P
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:43:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:33:04 AM, bluesteel wrote:
oh, mafia night actions

NP1: role cop tv
rb/frame danielle

NP2: role cop danielle
rb/frame grey (who wanted to investigate marauder - nice choice)

NP4: role cop andromeda
rb/frame grey

NP5: role cop F16
rb/frame tv

last thing: grey's comment about marcus (the miller) having a power role was interesting. It did cause lickdafoot to believe that grey was NOT an investigator (instead she thought he "unlocked" shrek's power), but mafia still decided to RB grey, so that didn't help him. All it really accomplished was to make mafia waste a role cop on andromeda (the miller replacement). It was an interesting strategy though. Unfortunately, mafia never bought it enough to consider killing the miller.

yeah, grey had me completely confused lol. Good game town, you guys did well considering how unfortunate your roles turned out. We could have easily lost had logic not tied himself to tv.

I enjoyed going after danielle (sorry, i'm sure you don't feel the same.) she knew i was mafia, but I got great experience out of it!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:46:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:32:27 AM, tvellalott wrote:
GG mafia. >_ <

To answer your question from the other thread, it was our plan to kill her if we could not get her lynched the dayphase that happened.

before then why kill her, she was totally off on the wrong track dropping dumb innuadoes about spinko that we knew were dumb on her part cause we knew her role so she couldnt know what spinkos role was.

we were considering using up all our roles on you TV early on after you were rolecoped so we could fake claim your role and not get cc but then you claimed your character in public so we lost the chance to do that.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:50:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:46:23 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 11/15/2011 12:32:27 AM, tvellalott wrote:
GG mafia. >_ <

To answer your question from the other thread, it was our plan to kill her if we could not get her lynched the dayphase that happened.

before then why kill her, she was totally off on the wrong track dropping dumb innuadoes about spinko that we knew were dumb on her part cause we knew her role so she couldnt know what spinkos role was.

we were considering using up all our roles on you TV early on after you were rolecoped so we could fake claim your role and not get cc but then you claimed your character in public so we lost the chance to do that.

^ and picked innomen to try it blindly on, of all people... :P
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:51:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I agree with Blue that the town was underpowered with roles, but it wasn't underpowered with people. We had amazing players in Danielle and TV. One thing that really got me was that mafia had the integrity to not night-kill either of them but rather had us stupidly lynch them both. I tip my hat to Logic_on_Rails, who I believe made that decision.

Logic did a wonderful job confirming TV and linking himself to TV. At first, I completely trusted TV as well as Logic. When Logic came up with his plan, I thought that both Logic as well as TV was guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if Logic deliberately had planned to get himself lynched so he could drag TV down with him.

Lynching Danielle was our biggest mistake. She was the town's biggest asset and the mafia (marauder and Lick) went after her with everything they had. If it wasn't for a couple of typos, she may well have not been lynched. SocialPinko was the winner here. He truly did convince me at one point that his vote on Danielle was "accidental." Well, Social, next time you hammer a townie, we lynch you next :)
I am actually glad that Social ended up being mafia. His defense of Logic's plan had he been town would have left me wondering if he was genuinely stupid. It turned out not to be the case.

TV had great reads on a lot of people. He VTL'd Lickdafoot as well as Social.

The best player in my opinion was Lickdafoot as she was the only mafia who I actually trusted. Everybody else, I was sure were mafia by the end of DP5. You did a really good job at pretending to be helping the town. After playing with you for so many games, I felt I knew your style and your tells, yet you spring surprises every game. I think you are even better as a mafia than as town as I don't recall you ever being in the mafia and losing.

Everyone, great game. My special thanks to Blue for taking me in as a replacement not once but two times. It was awesome playing!
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:55:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:40:02 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Note to future mods: urging people to submit night actions early (during the previous DP) really speeds things up. I probably could have had 2 hour NP's all the time in this game, except the mafia often took FOREVER to come to a consensus :P

The town was just as guilty of taking forever to come to consensus, or there would not have been dayphases that ended in no lynches based on time running out.

I would attribute our taking so much time though to our personalities. Logic and I spill out ideas like we just cant keep them to ourselves and Spinko and LDF are the kind who would argue 'no you go through first', those 2 things combined equal taking forever to pick one of the many options we come up with for ourselves.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:57:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know if this is too much to ask from the mafia, but can you guys tell us why you made the kill decisions that you made and why you chose to kill specific people at specific times over other people?
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:00:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll talk about some Mafia actions and some of my own actions (since I was the only dead Mafia...)

Firstly, we never killed TV as we role copped him NP 1. The plan was to role cop a target and then janitor them. Unfortunately we were scared of rapid claiming, and so thought we'd best janitor early for a good role. Of course, we thought a random role would be better than bulletproof, and we hit the beloved princess! Obviously, we couldn't claim that as the effects were in motion (if we'd killed Grey, a backup target, it would have been so much fun...) .

On my claim... how did you ever believe that!? It was so stupid that I couldn't believe it when you all unvoted! Like Blue said, what mod (especially one like Blue) includes a random 3 shot kill? That's a RNG deciding the game.

I then screwed up the worst I ever have with my stupid plan, yet I still wasn't lynched for a while (and had TV believing I was town prior to 3rd party claim) . One thing to note is that Blue wouldn't let us win by running out the DP, so we had to do something. Problem was that I was offline (different time zone) , so we kept missing hammer chances.

The 2 things I did well were insinuate Danielle as lying ('role stealer' can be interpreted many ways - Danielle interpreted me wrong; led to her lynch) and link myself to TV (basically his lynch) . One thing is that role switcher is actually a good town role... assuming you have known claimed active roles as then the switcher can confirm the truth of the claimed role.

Also, I think one thing that was interesting is how dense (not stupid like I did!) the Mafia played at times. We tried to wait things out - there were 2 no lynches, indecision on lynches etc. We didn't make many deductions and so forth. You've got to think to yourself - why do we have an inactive town? Why are we losing? Then you've got to viciously attack those players.

But yes, town was quite underpowered (we didn't realise they had a cop and vig for a long time - hence my ultra powerful claim) .

Thanks to Blue for modding.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:06:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:51:11 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I agree with Blue that the town was underpowered with roles, but it wasn't underpowered with people. We had amazing players in Danielle and TV. One thing that really got me was that mafia had the integrity to not night-kill either of them but rather had us stupidly lynch them both. I tip my hat to Logic_on_Rails, who I believe made that decision.

Logic did a wonderful job confirming TV and linking himself to TV. At first, I completely trusted TV as well as Logic. When Logic came up with his plan, I thought that both Logic as well as TV was guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if Logic deliberately had planned to get himself lynched so he could drag TV down with him.

Lynching Danielle was our biggest mistake. She was the town's biggest asset and the mafia (marauder and Lick) went after her with everything they had. If it wasn't for a couple of typos, she may well have not been lynched. SocialPinko was the winner here. He truly did convince me at one point that his vote on Danielle was "accidental." Well, Social, next time you hammer a townie, we lynch you next :)
I am actually glad that Social ended up being mafia. His defense of Logic's plan had he been town would have left me wondering if he was genuinely stupid. It turned out not to be the case.

TV had great reads on a lot of people. He VTL'd Lickdafoot as well as Social.

The best player in my opinion was Lickdafoot as she was the only mafia who I actually trusted. Everybody else, I was sure were mafia by the end of DP5. You did a really good job at pretending to be helping the town. After playing with you for so many games, I felt I knew your style and your tells, yet you spring surprises every game. I think you are even better as a mafia than as town as I don't recall you ever being in the mafia and losing.

Everyone, great game. My special thanks to Blue for taking me in as a replacement not once but two times. It was awesome playing!

heh, thanks. being on the mafia side can be a lot of fun but it's much more work! theres this whole balancing act of achieving your desired outcome while still gaining towns trust. i goofed up a bit though. my claim was lame. in fact, it was so lame, some people believed it was too lame to be fake lol :P I now have a goal to play a game as mafia where tv or danielle don't spot me!! good luck on that one, right? lol.

Anyway, on my side, both marauder and logic were excellent. I don't have to repeat that tv and danielle both had great reads. they got unlucky that town wasn't receptive to their more aggressive maneuvers, cause had town listened to either of them they might have won.

Marauder came up with a plan last day phase to use his fake results to bus me. I was reluctant at first because i thought we could gang up on tv, but after getting used to the idea, i was starting to look forward to it (for the fun factor.) too bad it never happened :P
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:08:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:57:28 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I don't know if this is too much to ask from the mafia, but can you guys tell us why you made the kill decisions that you made and why you chose to kill specific people at specific times over other people?

I'll be brief as I still have exams that I should (but normally don't) prepare for...

NP 1: Medic - We frame Danielle (so we don't kill her) , role cop TV (thinking of janitor) and kill. Nothing here.

NP 2: Innomen - Him and Grey and somebody we think have power roles. We janitor here (original plan was to kill TV, I called it horribly inefficient) RB Grey as we think he's a power role.

NP 4: Kill Drafterman - We guessed he was the vig, plus knew he was enabled (what took so long anyway?) . Role cop Andromeda to see if Grey is lying. Block Grey as he was our only possible power role threat.

NP 5: Kill Medic - Medic was confirmed and we hoped Grey would target TV, so we blocked F-16.

That's pretty much it.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:11:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:06:59 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

heh, thanks. being on the mafia side can be a lot of fun but it's much more work! theres this whole balancing act of achieving your desired outcome while still gaining towns trust. i goofed up a bit though. my claim was lame. in fact, it was so lame, some people believed it was too lame to be fake lol :P I now have a goal to play a game as mafia where tv or danielle don't spot me!! good luck on that one, right? lol.

Anyway, on my side, both marauder and logic were excellent. I don't have to repeat that tv and danielle both had great reads. they got unlucky that town wasn't receptive to their more aggressive maneuvers, cause had town listened to either of them they might have won.

Marauder came up with a plan last day phase to use his fake results to bus me. I was reluctant at first because i thought we could gang up on tv, but after getting used to the idea, i was starting to look forward to it (for the fun factor.) too bad it never happened :P

That would have been sooo hilarious. I would have defended you with everything I had, said that Marauder was an obvious mafia and gotten Marauder lynched for accusing you. It would honestly have been quite embarrassing. I am glad you didn't try that :)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:11:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:51:11 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I agree with Blue that the town was underpowered with roles, but it wasn't underpowered with people. We had amazing players in Danielle and TV. One thing that really got me was that mafia had the integrity to not night-kill either of them but rather had us stupidly lynch them both. I tip my hat to Logic_on_Rails, who I believe made that decision.

Logic did a wonderful job confirming TV and linking himself to TV. At first, I completely trusted TV as well as Logic. When Logic came up with his plan, I thought that both Logic as well as TV was guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if Logic deliberately had planned to get himself lynched so he could drag TV down with him.

Lynching Danielle was our biggest mistake. She was the town's biggest asset and the mafia (marauder and Lick) went after her with everything they had. If it wasn't for a couple of typos, she may well have not been lynched. SocialPinko was the winner here. He truly did convince me at one point that his vote on Danielle was "accidental." Well, Social, next time you hammer a townie, we lynch you next :)
I am actually glad that Social ended up being mafia. His defense of Logic's plan had he been town would have left me wondering if he was genuinely stupid. It turned out not to be the case.

TV had great reads on a lot of people. He VTL'd Lickdafoot as well as Social.

The best player in my opinion was Lickdafoot as she was the only mafia who I actually trusted. Everybody else, I was sure were mafia by the end of DP5. You did a really good job at pretending to be helping the town. After playing with you for so many games, I felt I knew your style and your tells, yet you spring surprises every game. I think you are even better as a mafia than as town as I don't recall you ever being in the mafia and losing.

Everyone, great game. My special thanks to Blue for taking me in as a replacement not once but two times. It was awesome playing!

you had something to say about all the mafia execpt for me....

come on, I want to know, how did I do by your critique? what led you to be sure I was mafia. I think I managed to not come out and say logic looked town but just potrayed myself as 'get a claim from grey' focused. I pushed for danielles lynch early but at the time she was the best town lynch all things considered (overlooking Lickdafoot). I fake claimed a power role but I thought I made it pretty sucky to fit with the town theam with having it need a whole nightphase waisted on just making the the ability to give me a one shot the next nightphase. I claimed last but it honestly just worked out that way I wasnt avoiding claiming or anything like that. TV's the only one who really gets to say from behavior he claimed earlier than could be expected and you all lynched him.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:16:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And one thing I never figured out on the Mafia side...

Why didn't you 'track' somebody for DP 5 Marauder? Prior to a critical lynch, given you had the choice between invent or use an invention, it's obvious you'd use an invention. So why were there no results? Much better idea than my idiotic scheme to get a vote, but nobody even thought of this.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:18:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 12:55:10 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 11/15/2011 12:40:02 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Note to future mods: urging people to submit night actions early (during the previous DP) really speeds things up. I probably could have had 2 hour NP's all the time in this game, except the mafia often took FOREVER to come to a consensus :P

The town was just as guilty of taking forever to come to consensus, or there would not have been dayphases that ended in no lynches based on time running out.

I would attribute our taking so much time though to our personalities. Logic and I spill out ideas like we just cant keep them to ourselves and Spinko and LDF are the kind who would argue 'no you go through first', those 2 things combined equal taking forever to pick one of the many options we come up with for ourselves.

Lol, yes, i have my ideas, and then spinko has another idea, so he agrees to go with mine and i agree to go with his!! And then wait for a third person to come on and decide. Sorry for putting you through that blue :P I've realized now that its way more fun to just suck it up and pick something to get on with it. things never quite work out how we expect them to anyways.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:20:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:11:43 AM, Marauder wrote:

you had something to say about all the mafia execpt for me....

come on, I want to know, how did I do by your critique? what led you to be sure I was mafia. I think I managed to not come out and say logic looked town but just potrayed myself as 'get a claim from grey' focused. I pushed for danielles lynch early but at the time she was the best town lynch all things considered (overlooking Lickdafoot). I fake claimed a power role but I thought I made it pretty sucky to fit with the town theam with having it need a whole nightphase waisted on just making the the ability to give me a one shot the next nightphase. I claimed last but it honestly just worked out that way I wasnt avoiding claiming or anything like that. TV's the only one who really gets to say from behavior he claimed earlier than could be expected and you all lynched him.

Marauder, you actually played extremely well. You flew below the radar and I did not suspect you at first. However, more and more townies started confirming themselves either through their roles or their outrageously townie behaviors like Andro lynching Logic as soon as she came in. Logic was an obvious choice and he was going down. You dodging my questions on what you thought of Logic's plan made me suspect you. Mafia usually don't want to talk about other mafia and neither confirm them nor draw suspicion to them. But the biggest thing was process of elimination. You did the best you could but everybody else was confirmed town so... you had to be mafia. I then went back to DPs 1, 2, and 3 to see that lynched Danielle. I had TV and Lickdafoot switched and that was my fatal flaw. After having 3 of the 4 mafia in the bag, I really felt, we had a winning chance which LDF took away.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:23:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:11:43 AM, Marauder wrote:

you had something to say about all the mafia execpt for me....

I had so much to say about TV, Logic, and Lickdafoot because I knew them well, but not you. Well, let's change that. It was so much fun playing with you. I sent you a friend request by the way :)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:27:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:16:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
And one thing I never figured out on the Mafia side...

Why didn't you 'track' somebody for DP 5 Marauder? Prior to a critical lynch, given you had the choice between invent or use an invention, it's obvious you'd use an invention. So why were there no results? Much better idea than my idiotic scheme to get a vote, but nobody even thought of this.

I told the town it took a dayphase to create an invention. not that I could just use a gadget I made or invent a new one, and I'm pretty sure I included in my role claim that once I used a gadget it was used up. at least it was my intention to include that in the claim, I'm pretty sure I typed it in there.

I figured watering inventor down a lot by doing that would make it a more believable role. and since we knew there was going to be no nightphase 3 that would leave me free to not have to fake prove myself for a while cause the timing would work out like this.

Nightphase 1: invent
Nightphase 2: use up that invention
Nightphase 4 (no 3rd NP):invent again so I can do something again
Nightphase 5: use up invention or if the situation warrents it claim I felt that last invention was useless so I went on and tried to make something else ahead of time

with a time scale like that it means I can give fake results until dayphase 6. had I not included the catch in my fake claim about the inventions being used up upon use I could have fake watcher results DP5 but I did not think about giving myself room for that at that time of my claim.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:33:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:23:50 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/15/2011 1:11:43 AM, Marauder wrote:

you had something to say about all the mafia execpt for me....

I had so much to say about TV, Logic, and Lickdafoot because I knew them well, but not you. Well, let's change that. It was so much fun playing with you. I sent you a friend request by the way :)

wow I didnt even notice it until reading this directed me to look up on the screen. usually it seems like the addition of the yellow (1) next to Home catches my attention
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:39:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 1:20:41 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/15/2011 1:11:43 AM, Marauder wrote:

you had something to say about all the mafia execpt for me....

come on, I want to know, how did I do by your critique? what led you to be sure I was mafia. I think I managed to not come out and say logic looked town but just potrayed myself as 'get a claim from grey' focused. I pushed for danielles lynch early but at the time she was the best town lynch all things considered (overlooking Lickdafoot). I fake claimed a power role but I thought I made it pretty sucky to fit with the town theam with having it need a whole nightphase waisted on just making the the ability to give me a one shot the next nightphase. I claimed last but it honestly just worked out that way I wasnt avoiding claiming or anything like that. TV's the only one who really gets to say from behavior he claimed earlier than could be expected and you all lynched him.

Marauder, you actually played extremely well. You flew below the radar and I did not suspect you at first. However, more and more townies started confirming themselves either through their roles or their outrageously townie behaviors like Andro lynching Logic as soon as she came in. Logic was an obvious choice and he was going down. You dodging my questions on what you thought of Logic's plan made me suspect you. Mafia usually don't want to talk about other mafia and neither confirm them nor draw suspicion to them. But the biggest thing was process of elimination. You did the best you could but everybody else was confirmed town so... you had to be mafia. I then went back to DPs 1, 2, and 3 to see that lynched Danielle. I had TV and Lickdafoot switched and that was my fatal flaw. After having 3 of the 4 mafia in the bag, I really felt, we had a winning chance which LDF took away.

ah. i guess its really hard to expect to still look town when process of elimination just makes it apparent even if I do well at acting unsuspicous. LOR was the first to figure out how this game balanced was not with some hidden town strong power role but it was ballanced by having so many linked roles that confirmed each other. hicup and toothless, shifu and oogway....
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:01:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Incedentlally I dont know why everyone is saying the President Hathaway role claim was such a bad fake claim.
these are the reasons I defend saying that
1)Steven Colbert was the most awsome cameo voice over out of near all films in that dream work movie. making him presedent was just epic on dreamworks part. it would be belevable a mod would want to let Cobert vicariously cameo his way into this game too through that role just for epic awsomeness sake.

2) out of all the fake claims came up with (and there were a lot I made to potentially use) Logic, you chose to borrow that one and did not even take out the suspicous 3 shot random kill thing. so it must have sounded defendable to at least you, although you added the intelligence report thing to it.

3) It took the town a really long time to quite believing it, and ultimatley what got Logic lynched wasnt even his role claim but his plan to con a town into voting for a confirmed townie.

4) the 3 shot random kill idea was to make it 'synergise well' with the character. Colbert at one point tells the military after his piano playing does not work to 'fire tons of wepons aimlessly' at the robot. plus it made the claim another weak town role since causing 3 aimless kills is too bad an idea for the town for most the game but could potentially be usefull around a phase like that last one when blind odds of getting sum are not so bad.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:07:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, you make a compelling case for the role marauder. But as a mod, i wouldn't have known ahead of time who would get that role. It being "weak" assumes a townie player that is extremely logical and risk averse. Many players WOULD choose to just randomly kill people, as long as they themselves were excluded.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:08:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
but you're right, it didn't get him lynched. the fact that it was SO powerful (and thus bold), led tv to believe it.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 2:23:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/15/2011 2:07:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, you make a compelling case for the role marauder. But as a mod, i wouldn't have known ahead of time who would get that role. It being "weak" assumes a townie player that is extremely logical and risk averse. Many players WOULD choose to just randomly kill people, as long as they themselves were excluded.

I didnt think of that. I guess your right. I was just thinking how I would see the role if I were given it.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 10:14:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Fun game, but took up too much time. I think I would have rather been a townie.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 11:53:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hmm, let's see. I called out the entire mafia again: Logic, lickdafoot and Marauder. I said Marauder and Lick were my #1 and #2 suspicions, yet the dumb town didn't follow them after I showed up as town (even though I am right like 90% of the time). I wasn't positive about Spinko's role, but I had a hint he was mafia after day phase 1 where he went after Korashk for no reason. Then I thought he was the vig because he kept making dumb a$s comments about the vig which were entirely irrelevant. Tvellalott was right about mafia's frequent fluff posts. I knew LDF was mafia because the mafia always aggressively go after me because they're scared of me. The second Spinko voted for me, I knew he was mafia (because that was fvcking dumb) but it was too late for me to come back in the game and say so. Also he claimed VANILLA though a main character. Dumb. The most annoying thing about this game is that I can't be in control at all times :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 12:18:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, Greyparrot played like a complete dumba$s. He should have been open with his role from the beginning considering THE MAFIA WAS ROLE BLOCKING HIM ANYWAY. By keeping his role a secret, all he did was make himself look suspicious (but I picked up on him being retarded rather than guilty). He could have had Korashk's character confirm him rather than making both of them look shady. Also, it's not my fault that the mod was inconsistent regarding the role blocking answer. He told me I wouldn't know whether or not I was rb.

Honestly, if I had let back into the game as a replacement, the mafia would have lost despite the god-awful townie roles - so they're lucky I wasn't put back in the game. Picking up on people's scummy play is better for me than trying to decipher roles anyway, and I honestly knew the entire mafia once I figured out Spinko was not the vig.

I think the mod did a good job of balancing the game, since I completely agree that it is usually easier for the town rather than the mafia to win. I usually address this by giving the mafia decent roles as opposed to under-powering the town. Here, the mod did both because the mafia had awesome roles despite under-powering the town.
President of DDO