Jump to topic:

Dexter Mafia - DP5

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 9:41:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dexter decides to retire his knives and play family man. But other killers are still at large, including your mod.

medic #2 has replaced mongoose

Active players
1. Andromeda
2. NERDYKILLER (greyparrot)
3. Spritle
4. Raisor
5. Mestari
6. Blackhawk1331
7. mongoose (medic #2)
8. Korashk (blackvoid #2)
9. drafterman
10. Chrysippus
11. logic_on_rails

Graveyard

PartamRuhem – You are THE SKINNER. You flay people alive and demand RESPECT from people. Disrespect is the ultimate insult to you. And what can be more disrespectful in a game of mafia than killing you. You are a BOMB. If someone disrespects you by hammering you (in a lynch) or killing you during the NP, that person dies as well. You win with the mafia.

Marcuscato - You are Rudy Moser. You are the ICE TRUCK KILLER and Dexter's biological brother. As a serial killer, you win by eliminating all other players except yourself and one other person. Each NP, kill one person. You are also Deb's boyfriend at one point in the show. That may be important. Good luck.

Lickdafoot - You are Angel. You are a sincerely nice guy and a cop, to boot. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the town.

F-16 - _________________________

socialpinko - You are Yuki Amado. You are an internal affairs agent. If you investigate a cop, you find out their secret. Choose a target each NP. You win with the town.

M.Torres – You are Rita. You are hopelessly in love with Dexter. Target one person each NP. If that person is Dexter, you will be placed in a "lovers" PM with him. If you fail to find Dexter by DP9, you die of heartbreak. You win with the town.

Rusty - ____________________________

Blackvoid - You are Quinn. You are a dirty cop, but are still a good cop with good instincts. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the town.

M.Torres #2 (mongeese) - ______________________________

MiG was mod-killed for admitting to trolling and not caring about his win condition; he said he preferred to "have fun (and troll)" to actually playing the game. He also mentioned his role in the game in an outside thread (more trolling). I won't tolerate people who screw up mafia games "just for lolz."

MiG - You are Dexter Morgan. To audiences, you are a well-known SERIAL KILLER, but you manage to hide your identity from all of the cops who work with you, so you appear innocent upon investigation. You are adept at killing, so you may kill one person each NP. In the show, you live by a "code" that only allows you to kill other killers; however, you have been known to kill non-murderers to preserve your own survival. And that is your goal in this game: to survive! You must survive until the end of the game, and you win by yourself, which means killing off the entire mafia and town, save one person. This seems to make sense. You do have to kill the bad guys, but throughout the show, there is one person you are unwilling to kill: your sister Deb. You cannot kill her. She must either get killed by another or be the last person standing in order for you to win. You have a blackbelt in jujitsu and have proven EXTREMELY hard to kill over the years, even though you've been targeted multiple times by other hardened killer; thus, you are also BULLETPROOF. Lastly, you are extremely good at disposing of the bodies of those you have killed – their character and alignment will be known (told) only to you, not announced after death. While this makes it hard to claim that you are a townie killing role, it allows you to fake claim many potential things. Be warned: it WILL occur to people that Dexter is either a pro-town vig or a serial killer. As stated already: you win by yourself.

(headphonegut) Lickdafoot #2 - You are Cira Manzon. You are an up-and-coming police officer and seem to have good instincts. As a cop, investigate one person each NP. You win with the town.

Medic - You are Debra Morgan. You are a really good detective and seem to single-handedly solve most of the cases that come before Miami Metro. As a result, in this game, you will be a cop. Investigate one person each NP. You win with the town.

Tvellalot (socialpinko #2) - You are Sonya. You are Harrison's nanny and are the loving mother he no longer has, protecting him from all potential harm. These motherly qualities imbue you with protective abilities. You are the DOCTOR. Each NP, protect one person. You win with the town.

It takes 6 votes to lynch.

VOTE COUNT

Raisor – 1/6 - raisor
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 9:46:49 AM
I am mucho annoyed. MiG as survivor? Our night phases make a little more sense now.

On another note.... 3 Night Kills last night?!?!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 9:56:27 AM
Dead:
socialpinko(2) (Sonya/Doctor, dead)
LDF(1) (Angel/cop, dead)
socialpinko(1) (Yuki Amado/'investigator', dead)
M.Torres(1) (Rita/lover [Dexter], dead)
Blackvoid(1) (Quinn/cop, dead)
LDF(2) (Cira Manzon/cop, dead)
Medic (Debra Morgan/cop,dead)
F-16 (unknown/unknown, dead, janitored)
Rusty (unknown/unknown, dead, janitored)
M.Torres(2) (unknown/unknown, dead, janitored)
marcuscato (Rudy(Brian?) Moser/serial killer, dead)
ParthamRuhem (The Skinner/bomb, dead)
Man-is-good (Dexter/janitor serial killer survivor)

Alive - Claimed
drafterman (Maria LaGuerta)
Greyparrot (Gabriela/can validate Debra Morgon)
LOR (Jonah Mitchell/bulletproof)
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Blackvoid(2) (Cody/vanilla)
Mestari (Camila)
Andromeda (Sergeant Doakes/miller, will appear as Ice Truck Killer/serial killer on death)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

My main suspicion now is on Andro and Raisor. Someone made noticed an error in Andros' claim and Raisor has claimed a minor character and has not been that active. I think we should get a full claim from Raisor:

VTL Raisor
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:04:04 AM
Analysis:

Starting with 24 players, it has been hypothesized that there are approximately 8 scum.

Starting ratio:
16:8

We've lost 7 confirmed townies, and 3 confirmed scum:
9:5

Now, MiG said that, of his 3 kills, 1 was town and 2 were mafia, but it is impossible to validate that claim. If true, that gives us:

8:3

At this point I believe the following people are town:
Grey, LOR

And I suspect the following people:
Andro, Raisor

The rest are unknown to me.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:15:01 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:04:04 AM, drafterman wrote:
Analysis:

Starting with 24 players, it has been hypothesized that there are approximately 8 scum.

Starting ratio:
16:8

We've lost 7 confirmed townies, and 3 confirmed scum:
9:5

Now, MiG said that, of his 3 kills, 1 was town and 2 were mafia, but it is impossible to validate that claim. If true, that gives us:

8:3

At this point I believe the following people are town:
Grey, LOR

And I suspect the following people:
Andro, Raisor

The rest are unknown to me.

I think there may be some truth to Mig's claim of who's who. He said that Torres2 was mafia. Now that I'm dead and confirmed as Debra, Torres' arguments against me from dp3 make it very believable that he was mafia.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:19:21 AM
I will admit that I'm a bit behind on what's going on, but seeing as Dexter was bulletproof Logic draws suspicion.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:24:41 AM
At 11/17/2011 9:56:27 AM, drafterman wrote:

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Andromeda (Sergeant Doakes/miller, will appear as Ice Truck Killer/serial killer on death)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

My main suspicion now is on Andro and Raisor. Someone made noticed an error in Andros' claim and Raisor has claimed a minor character and has not been that active. I think we should get a full claim from Raisor:

VTL Raisor

A few points:
1) I was the one who pointed out the inconsistency in Andro's claim.
2)I havent been that inactive, Ive made posts every DP. Now that thanksgiving break is starting I will be much more active.
3) Scott Smith was a fake claim because I have an investigative role and did not want to out myself in DP1. I am Anton Briggs, a CI for miami metro PD. Each night I can watch a player and learn who visited them.
4) Drafterman YOU need to role claim. I used my night action on you last night and it was blocked. I doubt someone would have roleblocked me so that makes me think you were being protected.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:27:06 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:24:41 AM, Raisor wrote:

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

VTL Raisor

A few points:
2)I havent been that inactive, Ive made posts every DP. Now that thanksgiving break is starting I will be much more active.
3) Scott Smith was a fake claim because I have an investigative role and did not want to out myself in DP1. I am Anton Briggs, a CI for miami metro PD. Each night I can watch a player and learn who visited them.
4) Drafterman YOU need to role claim. I used my night action on you last night and it was blocked. I doubt someone would have roleblocked me so that makes me think you were being protected.

I'd be more than happy to role claim. After you let us know the results of your investigations for the previous NPs.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:33:19 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:19:21 AM, Mestari wrote:
I will admit that I'm a bit behind on what's going on, but seeing as Dexter was bulletproof Logic draws suspicion.

I caught that too. Dexter being bullet-proof makes sense, but also making another more minor character bullet-proof doesn't. I really think this needs some attention, when added to the contradiction from a couple phases ago.
Spritle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:38:17 AM
Let us beware that it can be quite easy to fake a "watcher" or "tracker" result.

I faked it in a previous game and got away with it for a little while.

Also, Raisor is a very good player. We need to beware of this also. If he could come up with a Scott Smith fake claim then he can come up with ANY fake claim. And now that we know he lied we can't really trust him.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:42:13 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:33:19 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I caught that too. Dexter being bullet-proof makes sense, but also making another more minor character bullet-proof doesn't. I really think this needs some attention, when added to the contradiction from a couple phases ago.

Perhaps. But consider the results of the NP3. Only two kills, one of which was Dexter. This is also the night that LoR basically dared anyone who was listening to target him for death.

Now, consider the results of NP4. 3 kills! So, in addition to the mafia, and in addition to Dexter, we have 2 killing roles in the game. Where were there roles in NP3? Lucky protection by the doc? Doubling up on some people? Did they take LoR's bait?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:43:21 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:38:17 AM, Spritle wrote:
Let us beware that it can be quite easy to fake a "watcher" or "tracker" result.

Also, Raisor is a very good player. We need to beware of this also. If he could come up with a Scott Smith fake claim then he can come up with ANY fake claim. And now that we know he lied we can't really trust him.

Also realize that he didn't fake a result. He said he was blocked. He discounts a roleblocker... so how else would a tracker/watcher result get blocked?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:44:49 AM

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

VTL Raisor

A few points:

Some people have a policy, Lynch All Liars. This is why it's usually not good to lie if you're town. NOW, we're faced with having to decide whether to believe you about the new claim right after you admit lying about the first one. It's not like you have a relatively major character to support your claim, he's pretty minor and only appeared in a few episodes. I'd say you have an uphill battle on your hands.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:45:57 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:27:06 AM, drafterman wrote:

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

VTL Raisor

A few points:

I'd be more than happy to role claim. After you let us know the results of your investigations for the previous NPs.

NP1: Andro- no visitors.
Reason: Had to start somewhere, and investigating TV first NP is getting old.
NP2: Medic- no visitors (I guess I dont see if a person uses an action on themselves)
Reason: I believed medic's cop claim and thought he might be a likely mafia target.
NP3:Logic- no visitors
Reason: He had been asking for the vig to kill him to prove he is bulletproof. I was hoping to verify if this scenario played out. The fact that logic didnt have any visitors suggests he is telling the truth. If he was fake claiming as mafia he probably would have had a mafia protector on him during NP3 and I would have seen the visit.
NP4: drafter- ACTION NOT COMPLETED
Reason: Pretty active and seemed pro-town. Felt like his big summaries made him a visible townie. All this makes for a good mafia target.

Ok drafter, your turn.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:50:29 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:43:21 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/17/2011 10:38:17 AM, Spritle wrote:

Also realize that he didn't fake a result. He said he was blocked. He discounts a roleblocker... so how else would a tracker/watcher result get blocked?

If my target was under some sort of protection or has a role that interferes with investigations.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:52:40 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:45:57 AM, Raisor wrote:

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

VTL Raisor

A few points:

NP2: Medic- no visitors (I guess I dont see if a person uses an action on themselves)
Reason: I believed medic's cop claim and thought he might be a likely mafia target.
Reason: He had been asking for the vig to kill him to prove he is bulletproof. I was hoping to verify if this scenario played out. The fact that logic didnt have any visitors suggests he is telling the truth. If he was fake claiming as mafia he probably would have had a mafia protector on him during NP3 and I would have seen the visit.
Reason: Pretty active and seemed pro-town. Felt like his big summaries made him a visible townie. All this makes for a good mafia target.

Ok drafter, your turn.

Your analysis of NP3 is interesting. Last NP shows that there are still 3 killing roles left, including the mafia faction kill. Yet NP3 shows only two kills. If we exclude Dexter's kill, that leaves 1 kill from 3 killing roles? So where did the other 2 kills go? Did they all go on the same target? The doctor can only account for one of them. I find it interesting that no body bothered to target LoR unless he is mafia.

As for me, this may hurt town worse, as I believe my influence increases with less people, but I'm the politician.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:57:43 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:44:49 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

VTL Raisor

A few points:

Some people have a policy, Lynch All Liars. This is why it's usually not good to lie if you're town. NOW, we're faced with having to decide whether to believe you about the new claim right after you admit lying about the first one. It's not like you have a relatively major character to support your claim, he's pretty minor and only appeared in a few episodes. I'd say you have an uphill battle on your hands.

Would you rather have had me claim an investigative role the very first day? My character makes it obvious I would have an investigative role, I couldnt have claimed without giving myself away. Keep in mind I claimed back in DP1, before we knew there were a lot of different investigators.

So, yeah, I lied. Just like BV lied. We both lied because from our perspective the truth did more harm than a lie.

I cant comment on major/minor characters. I am not familiar with the show so I dont know who is major or not. I dont know what was going on in the mod's head, so I dont know why he chose to give me my character.
Spritle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:03:16 AM
I don't really believe you Raisor. You didn't get ANY information on 3 different people. What are the chances? 2 of them no one visited and the last got blocked?

Doesn't seem like you're telling the truth.
Spritle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:03:57 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:03:16 AM, Spritle wrote:
I don't really believe you Raisor. You didn't get ANY information on 4 different people. What are the chances? 3 of them no one visited and the last got blocked?

Fixed
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:10:19 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:42:13 AM, drafterman wrote:

Perhaps. But consider the results of the NP3. Only two kills, one of which was Dexter. This is also the night that LoR basically dared anyone who was listening to target him for death.

Now, consider the results of NP4. 3 kills! So, in addition to the mafia, and in addition to Dexter, we have 2 killing roles in the game. Where were there roles in NP3? Lucky protection by the doc? Doubling up on some people? Did they take LoR's bait?

Dexter was lynched, meaning he couldn't kill that NP. It makes sense to go from 3 NKs to 2 when a serial killer dies.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:11:27 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:10:19 AM, Mestari wrote:
At 11/17/2011 10:42:13 AM, drafterman wrote:

Dexter was lynched, meaning he couldn't kill that NP. It makes sense to go from 3 NKs to 2 when a serial killer dies.

Read it again. We didn't go from 3 NKs to 2. We went from 2 to 3, after said serial killer died in the previous DP.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:40:48 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:45:57 AM, Raisor wrote:

Alive - Claimed
Spritle (Ellen Wolf).
Mestari (Camila)
Raisor (Scott Smith)

Alive - No Claim
medic(2) (no claim)
Chrysippus (no claim)
Blackhawk1331 (no claim)

VTL Raisor

A few points:

Logic is well known for well constructed stories and extravagant fake claims, he may be getting even bolder after his success in pixar. I could easily see him making that dare, hoping no one would call his bluff. Another thing you're forgetting, the vig was told not to kill that night. He made his dare after that happened.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that there might be a role blocker in the game??

Ok drafter, your turn.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:43:57 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:03:16 AM, Spritle wrote:
I don't really believe you Raisor. You didn't get ANY information on 3 different people. What are the chances? 2 of them no one visited and the last got blocked?

The last one getting blocked IS information, so I have a 25% success rate.

I only get info if a person is visited. It isnt like cop or LD where I get info every NP, I have to get lucky.

You seem quite cavalier about calling me a liar on the grounds that I havent gotten useful information. Id figure townies would be more critical in weighing the possibilities, whereas you just seem excited to have an easy target.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:52:14 AM
Ugh, I knew this would be hard when I finally came out with good info- this might just have to be a lesson about lying when you're an investigator. Im sure the mafia are enjoying this immensely in their PM.

Does anyone have any reason to believe that there might be a role blocker in the game??

There are plenty of people who have not role claimed, and its possible that some people who have claimed are mafia lying about their roles. My action was not able to be completed last night, so either drafter's role prevented it or there is some sort of roleblocker/protector.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:53:25 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:52:14 AM, Raisor wrote:
Ugh, I knew this would be hard when I finally came out with good info- this might just have to be a lesson about lying when you're an investigator. Im sure the mafia are enjoying this immensely in their PM.

There are plenty of people who have not role claimed, and its possible that some people who have claimed are mafia lying about their roles. My action was not able to be completed last night, so either drafter's role prevented it or there is some sort of roleblocker/protector.

Uhm... what good info have you come out with?
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:56:11 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:53:25 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:52:14 AM, Raisor wrote:

Uhm... what good info have you come out with?

By "good info" I just meant useful information, and I was speaking from the vantage point of when I first lied when I was hoping Id get something really juicy like a straightforward mafia catch. Personally I think the info I offered provides some clues, but I guess the quality of the information is up to the town to decide.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 12:03:05 PM

I agree that, on DP1, choosing a target is a crap shoot. But Andro still seems like a weird choice, given the game of miller.

Interesting. Except... he didn't claim cop until DP3... and having just lynched a townie was more likely a target for a lynch in DP3. Doesn't make sense that mafia would target someone with a good chance of getting lynched in the next day phase. In any event, your "reason" is based upon information not available at the time. Is your character psychic, too?

Given how many killers there have been in this game (at least 4 since DP2) and only 2 kills that night, I'm still wondering just what the hell happened. Did someone refrain from killing? Was there some massive overlap?
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 12:19:32 PM
At 11/17/2011 12:03:05 PM, drafterman wrote:

I agree that, on DP1, choosing a target is a crap shoot. But Andro still seems like a weird choice, given the game of miller.

Interesting. Except... he didn't claim cop until DP3... and having just lynched a townie was more likely a target for a lynch in DP3. Doesn't make sense that mafia would target someone with a good chance of getting lynched in the next day phase. In any event, your "reason" is based upon information not available at the time. Is your character psychic, too?

What are you talking about? We lynched spinko DP2 because medic said he was cop and investigated him.

Medic was the only "out" investigator so he seemed like my best bet to watch.

Nice of you to try to cast doubt on my claims by flatly lying though.

Given how many killers there have been in this game (at least 4 since DP2) and only 2 kills that night, I'm still wondering just what the hell happened. Did someone refrain from killing? Was there some massive overlap?

Im not sure if this is directed at me? I dont know why you expect me to be able to explain the night kills.

But the following are possibilities I can think of: vig who withheld kills, serial killers who can kill at staggered intervals that overlapped last night.