Jump to topic:

Star Trek Mafia DP 3

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:05:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tonight was a very active night. Innomen was on the ship's reactor because it failed due to an attack. He died as his best friend, Captain Kirk, watched from the other side of the glass. Marcusato was doing some research on the planet M-113 when he was attacked. When he failed to ring in, a team went down to check on him. They found his lifeless body without a trace of salt in it.

1) Andro
2) Medic
3) Squirtle (healed)
4) F16
5) bluesteel
6) drafterman
7) PartamRuhem
8) Blackvoid
9) Lickdafoot
10) Logic_on_rails
11)Marauder

6 votes to lynch.

*I can't get videos with the computer I'm on, so I'll post them later.*
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:08:00 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:05:11 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Tonight was a very active night. Innomen was on the ship's reactor because it failed due to an attack. He died as his best friend, Captain Kirk, watched from the other side of the glass. Marcusato was doing some research on the planet M-113 when he was attacked. When he failed to ring in, a team went down to check on him. They found his lifeless body without a trace of salt in it.

1) Andro
2) Medic
3) Squirtle (healed)
4) F16
5) bluesteel
6) drafterman
7) PartamRuhem
8) Blackvoid
9) Lickdafoot
10) Logic_on_rails
11)Marauder

6 votes to lynch.

Do we get char/role/alignment info, or is this a limited info game?

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:09:06 PM
Forgot the roles of dead players.

TV - Hello Nero. You are a consiglier. You have the ability to investigate one person every night and learn their exact role. You win with the Mafia.

Innomen - Greetings Mr.Spock. You are permitted to use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on one person every night thus stopping their actions. You will be permitted to then use their role. If you should be NKd, you will be able to play through the last person that you attempted to use your action on. They will be obligated to say any messages that you have regardless of their affiliation.You win with the Enterprise.

Marcusato - Hello Nurse Chapel. You are a vanilla townie for now, but, if the doctor dies, then you will step-up to take his place. You win with the Enterprise.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:09:27 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:07:41 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Just to make sure, is you not telling us the roles and affiliations of dead players intentional?

Just posted it, sorry.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:09:31 PM
So basically we have no idea if we killed any mafia or not? This puts town at a severe disadvantage. Can't confirm anyone, even if they're dead.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:09:46 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:08:00 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/18/2011 4:05:11 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

1) Andro
2) Medic
3) Squirtle (healed)
4) F16
5) bluesteel
6) drafterman
7) PartamRuhem
8) Blackvoid
9) Lickdafoot
10) Logic_on_rails
11)Marauder

6 votes to lynch.

Do we get char/role/alignment info, or is this a limited info game?

Yes, I forgot them. They're up now.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:14:12 PM
I am guessing the vig killed Marcuscato because he had some suspicion on him. Or maybe there is no vig and the mafia somehow killed two people. Or, they role-redirected the vig. Does anyone have anything useful?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:14:26 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:09:06 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

TV - Hello Nero. You are a consiglier. You have the ability to investigate one person every night and learn their exact role. You win with the Mafia.

Innomen - Greetings Mr.Spock. You are permitted to use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on one person every night thus stopping their actions. You will be permitted to then use their role. If you should be NKd, you will be able to play through the last person that you attempted to use your action on. They will be obligated to say any messages that you have regardless of their affiliation.You win with the Enterprise.

Marcusato - Hello Nurse Chapel. You are a vanilla townie for now, but, if the doctor dies, then you will step-up to take his place. You win with the Enterprise.

I was targeted by Innomen last night, so my protective powers weren't able to be used. If Innomen has anything to say I'm the conduit for him (I have to exactly quote what he says if he says anything) . I didn't lose any abilities by Innomen though - all the abilities I had remain in the same quantity I had before.

So, I've got nothing to report by myself - Innomen negated my ability to do anything, and he now speaks through me.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:16:05 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:14:12 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am guessing the vig killed Marcuscato because he had some suspicion on him. Or maybe there is no vig and the mafia somehow killed two people. Or, they role-redirected the vig. Does anyone have anything useful?

The death scene indicates the salt monster. SK perhaps.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:22:39 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:09:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
So basically we have no idea if we killed any mafia or not? This puts town at a severe disadvantage. Can't confirm anyone, even if they're dead.

It's up, I forgot it.

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:27:48 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:14:26 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

I was targeted by Innomen last night, so my protective powers weren't able to be used. If Innomen has anything to say I'm the conduit for him (I have to exactly quote what he says if he says anything) . I didn't lose any abilities by Innomen though - all the abilities I had remain in the same quantity I had before.

So, I've got nothing to report by myself - Innomen negated my ability to do anything, and he now speaks through me.

hmm. that's interesting. did innomen target someone night period 1 that could have confirmed that person?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:33:03 PM

Sweet! innomen, can you confirm logic's role as town by talking through him. Say something distinctive, so we know he's not making it up.

Also, I'm assuming innomen can confirm at least one other townie, after that person has claimed obviously. Don't out their role now.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:33:32 PM

I don't get this. Innomen PMs you what to say and you post it here?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:34:48 PM
This is really good actually because given we know there is a doctor and a replacement doctor, I'd really doubt logic's claim of another protective role, unless someone else could verify it. So it works out now pretty well, assuming inno verifies logic's claim.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:35:02 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:33:03 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Sweet! innomen, can you confirm logic's role as town by talking through him. Say something distinctive, so we know he's not making it up.

Also, I'm assuming innomen can confirm at least one other townie, after that person has claimed obviously. Don't out their role now.

Bluesteel, TV had the power to learn someone's role last night, so IF LoR is mafia, he is just going to make it up. We can't confirm LoR this way.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:37:20 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:35:02 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Bluesteel, TV had the power to learn someone's role last night, so IF LoR is mafia, he is just going to make it up. We can't confirm LoR this way.

but it's innomen who would be confirming logic, not tv.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:38:08 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:35:02 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

But innomen can, right? As long as he says some information (maybe personal stuff) or stylistic that logic can't be making up, we'll know it's him. And his role would tell him what logic's role is. Assuming it's whatever protective JOAT that logic is claiming, then he'll verify him (given we know innomen has this ability from his role and we know inno is/was town). Although I don't get the whole "logic lost his power" thing. Are you claiming that's forever, logic?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:39:45 PM
I assume inno will confirm logic. It'd be a dumb thing to claim if logic was lying, since innomen could force him to say he's lying.

I guess inno only knows role though, and some games have had doctors in the mafia, although most of them were askbob's.

Well, regardless, we definitely need to hear from innomen.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:46:17 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:39:45 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I assume inno will confirm logic. It'd be a dumb thing to claim if logic was lying, since innomen could force him to say he's lying.

I guess inno only knows role though, and some games have had doctors in the mafia, although most of them were askbob's.

Look, I don't want to talk about my protective abilities right now. Suffice to say I'm Scotty.

Also, Innomen, I don't know what you did with my role, but if you have figured out the depths of my role, don't be too blatant about it. Not that I have a choice - I'm forced to say exactly what you want me to.

Think about it this way. I was acting very, very confident in our ability to play aggressively DP 1, which was then proven why no kill occurred NP 1. If I was Mafia don't you think I couldn't make that promise as a kill would have occurred (ie. If I was a Mafia doc then I'd be protecting against the Mafia kill...) .
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:46:37 PM

OP says Inno is dead.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:50:55 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:46:17 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Look, I don't want to talk about my protective abilities right now. Suffice to say I'm Scotty.

Also, Innomen, I don't know what you did with my role, but if you have figured out the depths of my role, don't be too blatant about it. Not that I have a choice - I'm forced to say exactly what you want me to.

Think about it this way. I was acting very, very confident in our ability to play aggressively DP 1, which was then proven why no kill occurred NP 1. If I was Mafia don't you think I couldn't make that promise as a kill would have occurred (ie. If I was a Mafia doc then I'd be protecting against the Mafia kill...) .

ehh, if you were in the mafia, you could have decided not to kill np 1 as an elaborate attempt to trick us. You do seem to be town though, but it would be nice to have extra confirmation. Innomen doesn't have to tell us your role to tell us that it was one which would favor the town.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 4:52:42 PM
medic - you missed a few intervening facts. see inno's role and see logic's first post
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:07:34 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:52:42 PM, bluesteel wrote:
medic - you missed a few intervening facts. see inno's role and see logic's first post

That's why we should read everything before posting...lol
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:10:14 PM

So you're going to tell us what Innomen wants to say??
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:12:15 PM
At 11/18/2011 5:10:14 PM, medic0506 wrote:

So you're going to tell us what Innomen wants to say??

Once Blackhawk tells me what to say, yes.

Again, I say to Innomen, be careful with how you phrase what you know about me.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 5:21:19 PM
At 11/18/2011 4:50:55 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 11/18/2011 4:46:17 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

ehh, if you were in the mafia, you could have decided not to kill np 1 as an elaborate attempt to trick us. You do seem to be town though, but it would be nice to have extra confirmation. Innomen doesn't have to tell us your role to tell us that it was one which would favor the town.

The lack of a nk in np 1 is easily explained now that we know there's a doc. F-16 would have been an obvious mafia target so the doc would have protected him, thus no nk.