Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dexter Mafia Endgame

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:20:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This game had an interesting structure. There were a bunch of bad townie claims. 4 mafiosos (all of whom were people who had tried to kill Dexter at one point), and 3 serial killers, one way overpowered (Dexter). There were 5 cops, 2 were real cops (Debra and Quinn), one insane which gets the opposite of the truth and is thus still useful (Angel) and two useless (Cira - paranoid and Barbara Gianni - naive). The internal affairs agent would have found out which cops were legit or not. The clue I gave was to medic: Deb is one of the good cops, she even almost caught Dexter multiple times. Anyway, here are all the roles WITH the secret conditions that spinko (the IA agent) would have found:

1.Dexter Morgan. To audiences, you are a well-known SERIAL KILLER, but you manage to hide your identity from all of the cops who work with you, so you appear innocent upon investigation. You are adept at killing, so you may kill one person each NP. In the show, you live by a "code" that only allows you to kill other killers; however, you have been known to kill non-murderers to preserve your own survival. And that is your goal in this game: to survive! You must survive until the end of the game, and you win by yourself, which means killing off the entire mafia and town, save one person. This seems to make sense. You do have to kill the bad guys, but throughout the show, there is one person you are unwilling to kill: your sister Deb. You cannot kill her. She must either get killed by another or be the last person standing in order for you to win. You have a blackbelt in jujitsu and have proven EXTREMELY hard to kill over the years, even though you've been targeted multiple times by other hardened killer; thus, you are also BULLETPROOF. Lastly, you are extremely good at disposing of the bodies of those you have killed – their character and alignment will be known only to you, not announced after death. While this makes it hard to claim that you are a townie killing role, it allows you to fake claim many potential things. Be warned: it WILL occur to people that Dexter is either a pro-town vig or a serial killer. As stated already: you win by yourself.
2.Sergeant Doakes. In the show, you are framed for crimes that you didn't commit and for all intents and purposes, you are considered to be the BAY HARBOR BUTCHER, now and for forever. No one ever finds out the truth, even after you die. You appear guilty upon investigation and upon death, your character will appear as BAY HARBOR BUTCHER and your role will appear as SERIAL KILLER. You win with the town.
3.Debra Morgan. You are a really good detective and seem to single-handedly solve most of the cases that come before Miami Metro. As a result, in this game, you will be a cop. Investigate one person each NP. You win with the town.
4.Trinity. You are nicknamed "the Trinity killer" because with you, death comes in threes. So you may kill THREE people in each NP in which you are allowed to act. However, you kill irregularly and only arrive on the show in season four. Thus, you can kill THREE people on NP4. You may not act again until the next cycle, which begins NP8. You are a serial killer and thus win by yourself.
5.Rita. You are hopelessly in love with Dexter. Target one person each NP. If that person is Dexter, you will be placed in a "lovers" PM with him. If you fail to find Dexter by DP9, you die of heartbreak. You win with the town.
6.You are THE SKINNER. You flay people alive and demand RESPECT from people. Disrespect is the ultimate insult to you. And what can be more disrespectful in a game of mafia than killing you. You are a BOMB. If someone disrespects you by hammering you (in a lynch) or killing you during the NP, that person dies as well. You win with the mafia.
7.You are Miguel Prado. You are a deceitful two-faced liar. As a result, I give you a fake character claim that is safe: Astor. Have fun lying your @ss off. You win with the mafia.
8.You are Lila. You're a crazy hot pyromaniac. But that's not where you derive your role. You tried to frame Angel for rape, a crime he did not commit. You are the mafia framer. Each NP, target one person. If that person is investigated, they will automatically appear guilty, no matter what. You win with the mafia.
9.You are Liddy. You constantly SPY on Dexter and are thus the mafia spy. The first NP where the MASON tries to recruit someone, I will inform the mason that his or her role has been bussed, and then will place you in the Mason PM. You win with the mafia.
10.Maria LaGuerta. All you do is play the politician, whether it's letting Deb take the fall for you when an operation goes sour or blackmailing your boss for a promotion. You are the politician. You win with the town.
11.Angel. You are a sincerely nice guy and a cop, to boot. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the town. (secret condition: you don't seem to get the answer right very often and your wife driving you insane doesn't help matter; you are an insane cop and get the opposite result of the truth)
12.Anton Briggs. You are a pot-smoking, music-making, confidential informant. You have information that may be useful to the police. Each NP, I will tell you someone whom I recommend the police investigate. You win with the town. (secret: it's random, using an RNG).
13.Quinn. You are a dirty cop, but are still a good cop with good instincts. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the town.
14.Cody. You're a cute little kid. But not much more than that. You are a vanilla townie and win with the town.
15.Commander Matthews. Assemble the best possible team to catch the killers. You are the MASON RECRUITER. Each NP, select a target to enter a Mason PM with you. Be careful; you have unwittingly recruited criminals in the past. Try not to repeat this mistake. You win with the town.
16.Camilla. You are the records keeper at Miamo Metro and an old family friend of Dexter's. You, unfortunately, have a debilitating disease that ensures you don't survive until the end of the show. Your days are numbered and you automatically die during NP8. You win with the town.
17.Ellen Wolf. You are a hotshot defense attorney and are REALLY willing to go the extra mile for your clients. You are the BODYGUARD: each NP, choose a target. If that person is targeted to be killed, you die instead. You win with the town.
18.Yuki Amado. You are an internal affairs agent. If you investigate a cop, you find out their secret. Choose a target each NP. You win with the town.
19.Barbara Gianna. You are a cop that gets to know Angel intimately well. Each NP, investigate one person. You win with the town. (secret: always believes the good in people, especially Angel. Some would say she's naïve. naïve cop)
20.Rudy Moser. You are the ICE TRUCK KILLER and Dexter's biological brother. As a serial killer, you win by eliminating all other players except yourself and one other person. Each NP, kill one person. You are also Deb's boyfriend at one point in the show. That may be important. Good luck.
21.Jonah Mitchell. You survive massive amounts of abuse by your father and are thus bulletproof. You win with the town.
22.Cira Manzon. You are an up-and-coming police officer and seem to have good instincts. As a cop, investigate one person each NP. You win with the town. (secret: Deb put a target on her back and she has a good reason to be PARANOID; paranoid cop)
23.Sonya. You are Harrison's nanny and are the loving mother he no longer has, protecting him from all potential harm. These motherly qualities imbue you with protective abilities. You are the DOCTOR. Each NP, protect one person. You win with the town.
24.Gabriel. You are a writer who becomes Deb's boyfriend at one point. Each NP, target one person. If you successfully target Deb, you will be placed in a lovers PM with her, but one of her other boyfriends will die (she can't have multiple boyfriends . . . you take his place). Is this a
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:23:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Gabriel was supposed to kill Rudy if he found Deb

obviously, mafia got really unlucky. the bomb was killed by a SK. This already made it easier on town. Rudy should have gotten a ton of kills. MiG would have made this REALLY hard for town. And Trinity could have too, although his claim was bad.

I told the mafia and the SK that I left 5 main characters unclaimed. here they are: Fake claims: Frank Lundy. Harrison. Harry Morgan. Lumen. Vince Masuka.

Those were all safe. None of the rest were. Town really should have forced tons and tons of character claims, given how few main characters there are. Fringe characters would have looked suspect. Town pressured BOTH raisor and partem who were both scum but moved on before either had to claim. Raisor, in a silly move, claimed anyway, even though people have moved on and no lynched. And his claim was bad. One of Arthur Mitchell's minor victims? That seemed obviously fake, although I mess with town so much it might have been hard to tell.

here are more observations I had:

Lolz

Raisor is forced to character claim DP1, yet it doesn't matter, even though he claims an obscure victim of Trinity => obvious = obvious
PR was also pressured DP1, but town moved on. Spinko and others were surprisingly accurate DP1 with random pressure.
Town sucks at taking out mafia. The SK's kill off a Mafioso each NP, though.
LDF/Angel investigates Raisor/Trinity NP1 but gets killed; if not, the result was innocent (insane cop)
Medic (one of two real cops) has the framer hit his target and thinks all game that his role is useless
Blackvoid fake claims LD, even though he could have a messed up cop role (Quinn was originally one of the useless cops)
Lickdafoot2/Cira investigates MiG NP3 and gets guilty (technically the right result), but only b/c she's paranoid
Chrys fake claims a one-shot kill role to mongoose (Mason) – lol, perfect fake claim for this game
GRRR, SPOILERS: either MiG or Mestari posted reasons to doubt Jonah Mitchell, but the reasons were based on an upcoming episode I HADN'T SEEN YET (the Nov 13 episode). THANKS. "Dexter suspects Jonah of Trinity copy-cat killings." Bluesteel is tempted to threaten to mod-kill the next person to do this, but refrains so as not to give anything away about Logic's character.
Medic, in spite of being the second cop to claim, still doesn't get the significance of spinko's original role. He starts wasting his investigations (on himself), wanting to investigate DEAD people with his role, etc.
Town stops demanding the one thing that would help them – character claims.
DP3, town NO LYNCHES, bringing Trinity one day closer to his three kills. Lolz for the mod.
MiG kills the FRAMER, lol, so he's janitored and medic will never figure out what happened.
The DP4 hint was to Deb, btw: i.e., hey, you're a GOOD cop. You almost caught Dexter (at least twice).

I can post all the night actions, but it should be clear what happened by now.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:26:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Medic, you're fvcking lucky the town won. Oh how much less confusion would have surrounded the cop roles if you wouldn't have killed me!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:28:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Chrys played admirably. he deserves MVP. Raisor and MiG made town's job pretty easy. Raisor even picked three people to kill who all "suspected him," which kind of seemed obvious to me. One didn't die (drafterman) because the doc protected him.

And yeah, medic played really bad, at least with his cop role. He wasted it a TON of times. he finally investigated Chrys though the night he died. It never seemed to occur to him that there might just be a regular framer. I basically said in his role PM that he was the only good cop in Miami Metro.

I'm surprised that people like spinko or BV who watch the show didn't pick up on this. Deb is the one person who Dexter finds annoying because she is often close on his heels and makes his life difficult. The rest of the department seems to have their heads up their @sses most of the time. Quinn also gets to be a normal cop because he never gets duped by Dexter and technically, he should know Dex's secret (at least about Liddy), but the show never really talks about this.

But yeah, a show with a serial killer right under the noses of cops. Seems obvious that if there are more than one cop, most would be flavored or useless.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:30:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the end, Drafterman won this game for the town, at the last possible moment. We were pretty sanguine about our chances those last few minutes there.

Out of curiosity, Drafterman, why'd you pick me and not Andro? What changed your mind?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:32:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:30:36 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
In the end, Drafterman won this game for the town, at the last possible moment. We were pretty sanguine about our chances those last few minutes there.

Out of curiosity, Drafterman, why'd you pick me and not Andro? What changed your mind?

yeah mafia almost won. lost by a hair.

which is crazy since they were really just supposed to be a distraction for the serial killers. They didn't have great roles. I still can't believe MiG killed two of them in a row. The odds are sooo low that they'd be killed so fast.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:33:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:32:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/19/2011 10:30:36 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
In the end, Drafterman won this game for the town, at the last possible moment. We were pretty sanguine about our chances those last few minutes there.

Out of curiosity, Drafterman, why'd you pick me and not Andro? What changed your mind?

yeah mafia almost won. lost by a hair.

which is crazy since they were really just supposed to be a distraction for the serial killers. They didn't have great roles. I still can't believe MiG killed two of them in a row. The odds are sooo low that they'd be killed so fast.

Grrrrrr........
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:37:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lol. I meant distraction from the SK's to divert town's attention. The serial killers were the kings of the game, but the mafia was more powerful (besides than MiG) because town had to kill 4 of them to make the kills stop.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:46:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:28:30 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Chrys played admirably. he deserves MVP. Raisor and MiG made town's job pretty easy. Raisor even picked three people to kill who all "suspected him," which kind of seemed obvious to me. One didn't die (drafterman) because the doc protected him.

And yeah, medic played really bad, at least with his cop role. He wasted it a TON of times. he finally investigated Chrys though the night he died. It never seemed to occur to him that there might just be a regular framer. I basically said in his role PM that he was the only good cop in Miami Metro.

I'm surprised that people like spinko or BV who watch the show didn't pick up on this. Deb is the one person who Dexter finds annoying because she is often close on his heels and makes his life difficult. The rest of the department seems to have their heads up their @sses most of the time. Quinn also gets to be a normal cop because he never gets duped by Dexter and technically, he should know Dex's secret (at least about Liddy), but the show never really talks about this.

But yeah, a show with a serial killer right under the noses of cops. Seems obvious that if there are more than one cop, most would be flavored or useless.

I did think of the framer, I think I even mentioned it but I could never have sold another lynch to the town based on my results. I did think I was flavored though and tried to figure out how.

Good job Drafter on the vote for Chrys at the end.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:48:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:26:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Medic, you're fvcking lucky the town won. Oh how much less confusion would have surrounded the cop roles if you wouldn't have killed me!

We reacted the same way we always do with a guilty verdict from a cop. Just so happens the framer got to you.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:53:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, medic, you investigated yourself TWICE. those were two days the town could have gotten legit results.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:53:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
and you would have gotten a guilty the second time, but you died. I was wrong, BV would have caught chrys but died. You would have found yourself innocent one NP, then guilty the next bc you were framed.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:54:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I dunno, I found this game highly amusing for the amount of confusion it caused. I hope it was fun to play in..
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:59:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:53:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, medic, you investigated yourself TWICE. those were two days the town could have gotten legit results.

Maybe so but do you think they'd have lynched based on my results?? I doubt it, I'm not that good a salesman.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 11:18:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 10:59:31 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/19/2011 10:53:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, medic, you investigated yourself TWICE. those were two days the town could have gotten legit results.

Maybe so but do you think they'd have lynched based on my results?? I doubt it, I'm not that good a salesman.

They would have at least know your results were legit when you died. It was supposed to provide info for later.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 11:41:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would but i can't figure out how to upload the pic in a way that makes it viewable when maximized. it's still too small.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 11:51:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Upload it to Imageshack.us. Make an account so you can copy the "direct link" which has a zoom function. Or if you don't want to make an account, just upload it, pm me the link, and I'll get the direct link (I have an account).
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:08:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/19/2011 11:53:50 PM, marcuscato wrote:
Meh, i got bombed on my first kill.

yes, you got ridiculously unlucky
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:14:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At least I feel complimented by the "kill good player" thing in the PM. lol
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:21:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also i thought my win condition was quite steep, it should have been me and 2 other persons as opposed to me and 1 other person.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:22:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 12:17:11 AM, Raisor wrote:
blue, can you explain the MIG ban?

He started to troll instead of playing to win.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:28:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 12:17:11 AM, Raisor wrote:
blue, can you explain the MIG ban?

http://img259.imageshack.us...
MiG's role PM

you can see that he admitted to trolling and just wanting to have fun. it was the equivalent of giving the middle finger to me, since he had mentioned his role in another thread (as a joke), then said his real role in the game, even though his role clearly says not to or he will die. the worst part is when he said he preferred to "have fun (and troll)" to actually playing. that pissed me off, thus mod-kill.

i considered replacing him, or i guess letting him keep playing, but that didn't seem fair. dexter was clearly a role NOT meant to cooperate with the town and then let town lynch him at the end. that just wasn't fair to the mafia and other SK, since dexter was too overpowered (bulletproof). i also didn't want him revealing all the roles of the people he killed bc again, it would make mafia look guiltier.

so add his admitting to trolling to it being necessary to mod-kill him to maintain some small amount of game balance, i really had no choice.

he basically single-handedly ruined the game, since the whole game was built around making it hard to catch Dexter.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Raisor
Posts: 4,462
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:41:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unless I misread, nothing in his role forbid him from revealing his character or the victims ID's.

MIG revealed his role under pressure for it. He responded to the game how he saw fit without breaking the rules. It doesnt seem right that you mod killhim because you dont like how he is playing. Maybe you ban him from future games, but to interrupt a game in progress isnt fair.