Jump to topic:

Beginner's 2.4 Mob Wars Day Phase 2

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 2:57:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It was a quiet night. The Corleone family spent the night in fear. Yet nothing happenned. They are astonished to see that no one had died! The spies however have been gaining information. The movements of the Corleones have been tracked and followed by their own as well as by their enemies. The Corleones and the Sopranos race to see who can fit in the pieces of the puzzle first. Who are the enemies that lie within them?

Active Players

1) PartamRuhem
2) jm_notguilty
3) Crede
4) Andromeda_Z
5) Raisor
6) Lickdafoot
7) Spritle
8) Blackhawk1331
9) Drafterman
10) Blackvoid
11) Mestari
12) Bluesteel
13) Marcuscato
14) Logic_on_rails
15) Medic0506

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 3:01:26 PM
VTL raisor for role claim, unless an investigator found something useful
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 3:16:53 PM
i looked up frank lucas, this person is a real life person. it's just too weird of a claim. F-16 gave us no info about who he used in the game, so i'm assuming for now that he stuck to a similar structure of medic's game. Unless someone comes out and says that they have a real life character, VTL Raisor
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 3:22:24 PM
At 11/20/2011 3:16:53 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i looked up frank lucas, this person is a real life person. it's just too weird of a claim. F-16 gave us no info about who he used in the game, so i'm assuming for now that he stuck to a similar structure of medic's game. Unless someone comes out and says that they have a real life character, VTL Raisor

I know that my character is an original one as well, so Raisor is really suspicious.

VTL Raisor
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:04:45 PM
At 11/20/2011 3:45:27 PM, Spritle wrote:
VTL Raisor.

He's too good.

So someone had to find out something last night...I'm assuming someone probably checked Raisor so until then do you want to pressure him or someone else?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:30:55 PM
At 11/20/2011 3:22:24 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 11/20/2011 3:16:53 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I know that my character is an original one as well, so Raisor is really suspicious.

VTL Raisor

You said you had some sort of plan. What was it? In the mean time: VTL Raisor
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:42:02 PM
VTL Raisor

I have my reasons for this pressure.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 4:44:53 PM
VOTE COUNT:
Raiser - 6/8
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:40:51 PM
Hey guys can we back off the pressure a little bit? 6/8 is pretty close to a lynch.

Ya Frank Lucas was a joke because bluesteel said "go ahead and fake claim." I picked that name because it is similar to my actual character name and because Denzel Washington is B.A.

My character is Luca Brasi.

I was the only suspicious person last DP, so Im SURE someone investigated me. If no one is coming forward about it that strongly suggests I am innocent. Notice how readily I came forward with the "I win with town/Corleones." Also my role PM says my win condition is with Corleones and that Corleones are the same as town-the word town was in my PM so me originally saying "I win with town" instead of "I win with Corleones" indicates nothing.

Keep your FOS on me if you want, but its a waste of a DP to just pressure me and its a waste of a townie to lynch me. You guys have been quick to lynch me in the past, maybe this time wait until some hard evidence surfaces? (Though youll be waiting forever cause Im town).
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:45:24 PM
Also before we get the cries of "lynch all liars," my DP1 claim was an obvious fake and it clearly wasnt meant to deceive anyone. Im just a little sore about the first round pressure coming out of Dexter.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:49:11 PM
Raisor, I don't want a role claim, but I want you to claim if you have an active or passive role. Active roles 'do' things, and are roles like doc, cop, vig etc. Passive roles don't do anything, but have a power, like PGO, bulletproof, and so on.

I want this information so that I can clarify a point of interest.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:51:16 PM
um, VTL raisor for real

you don't get to fake claim twice bro

If there is a real Luca Brasi, don't bother cc'ing. This should be fairly obvious. If raisor lied, he'd roll claim to prove it, but didn't, and now he posts a bunch of COMPLETE FLUFF analyzing the win with the town statements. We asked for a role claim from him, not a second character claim... duh

Like, seriously, what could be more obvious.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:59:30 PM
Sorry about the lack of vote counts. Hard keeping track when you are playing four games.

Vote Count

Raisor 6/8 (Bluesteel, Lickdafoot, PartamRuhem, Spritle, Drafterman, Logic)
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:05:13 PM
At 11/20/2011 5:49:11 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Raisor, I don't want a role claim, but I want you to claim if you have an active or passive role. Active roles 'do' things, and are roles like doc, cop, vig etc. Passive roles don't do anything, but have a power, like PGO, bulletproof, and so on.

I want this information so that I can clarify a point of interest.

Active role.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:08:39 PM
At 11/20/2011 5:51:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:
um, VTL raisor for real

you don't get to fake claim twice bro

If there is a real Luca Brasi, don't bother cc'ing. This should be fairly obvious. If raisor lied, he'd roll claim to prove it, but didn't, and now he posts a bunch of COMPLETE FLUFF analyzing the win with the town statements. We asked for a role claim from him, not a second character claim... duh

Like, seriously, what could be more obvious.

FOS on bluesteel:
1) Why would you discourage a cc? Townies should be interested in getting a surefire mafia lynch. Your advice seems to me like setting it up so that when no cc comes forward (it wont bc I am Luca Brasi) you can point to your advice as reason why.
2)My "complete fluff" is a direct response to an accusation made by BV in DP1.
3) Youve been pushing me hard since the start. You seem eager for a lynch and I think you see me as the easiest way to get a townie lynched. When a lynch is going on you should always be suspicious of the especially hungry. REMEMBER THIS IF I DO GET LYNCHED AND WHEN I TURN UP INNOCENT.

VTL Bluesteel for pressure.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:08:50 PM
At 11/20/2011 5:40:51 PM, Raisor wrote:
Hey guys can we back off the pressure a little bit? 6/8 is pretty close to a lynch.

Ya Frank Lucas was a joke because bluesteel said "go ahead and fake claim." I picked that name because it is similar to my actual character name and because Denzel Washington is B.A.

My character is Luca Brasi.

You figured when this tactic resulted in an EPIC fail in the Dexter game you wouldn't try it again.

I was the only suspicious person last DP, so Im SURE someone investigated me. If no one is coming forward about it that strongly suggests I am innocent. Notice how readily I came forward with the "I win with town/Corleones." Also my role PM says my win condition is with Corleones and that Corleones are the same as town-the word town was in my PM so me originally saying "I win with town" instead of "I win with Corleones" indicates nothing.

Keep your FOS on me if you want, but its a waste of a DP to just pressure me and its a waste of a townie to lynch me. You guys have been quick to lynch me in the past, maybe this time wait until some hard evidence surfaces? (Though youll be waiting forever cause Im town).
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:11:46 PM
lol, as drafterman says, you figure you'd try a tactic that failed just last game and try it again? why discourage a cc? cuz obviously your first claim was so bad that that's all you can hope for at this point.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:17:14 PM
At 11/20/2011 6:11:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, as drafterman says, you figure you'd try a tactic that failed just last game and try it again? why discourage a cc? cuz obviously your first claim was so bad that that's all you can hope for at this point.

Well, if someone else IS luca, why don't they CC? I mean, it's not like it's doing anything not to....someone would. It's not obvious that Raisor is mafia or whatever. I think you are pulling too hard for him to be lynched.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:21:38 PM
At 11/20/2011 6:17:14 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

Well, if someone else IS luca, why don't they CC? I mean, it's not like it's doing anything not to....someone would. It's not obvious that Raisor is mafia or whatever. I think you are pulling too hard for him to be lynched.

Partam you were anxious to NL last phase because you had some grand plan for this phase so before we lynch Raisor, what was this plan or whatever??
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:26:40 PM
At 11/20/2011 6:21:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Partam you were anxious to NL last phase because you had some grand plan for this phase so before we lynch Raisor, what was this plan or whatever??

I think town needs to read between the lines. Lots of attention on me last DP, no investigators coming out saying Im guilty, no counterclaims against me, one individual pushing hard for a lynch and discouraging people with relevant info from coming forward. Town needs to refocus their investigation
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:31:09 PM
At 11/20/2011 6:26:40 PM, Raisor wrote:

I think town needs to read between the lines. Lots of attention on me last DP, no investigators coming out saying Im guilty, no counterclaims against me, one individual pushing hard for a lynch and discouraging people with relevant info from coming forward. Town needs to refocus their investigation

Oh, I agree that town needs focus. And, to be honest, I don't believe you'd try the same failed strategy again. But you still lied and since there is no way to really infer a role from a character, lying about your character was pointless.

Even if you are town, your pointless "joke" has nevertheless derailed towns efforts to try and find mafia. So either you're town working against the town or mafia working against the town. In either case, what's a good reason not to lynch you?
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:32:53 PM

I am Michael Corleone. This is to ensure that, if I was lying, someone would CC. Now, my plan needs to stay undisclosed for a little while....but I can say this. I have a vig ability. Next DP, I will know who one of the mafia are. I will use it on that person, and they will come up guilty. If they don't, you can lynch me. For now, the rest of my plan stays a SECRET! MUAHAHAHA. haha just kidding. But really, a secret. If you guys don't believe me, investigate me. It would be worth it.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:34:05 PM
At 11/20/2011 6:31:09 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/20/2011 6:26:40 PM, Raisor wrote:

Oh, I agree that town needs focus. And, to be honest, I don't believe you'd try the same failed strategy again. But you still lied and since there is no way to really infer a role from a character, lying about your character was pointless.

Even if you are town, your pointless "joke" has nevertheless derailed towns efforts to try and find mafia. So either you're town working against the town or mafia working against the town. In either case, what's a good reason not to lynch you?

this has merit behind it. Why did you lie in the first place? There was no gain, no motive....both Blue and Raisor are in my field of suspicion.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 6:41:50 PM
Raisor, tell me EXACTLY what you did NP 1.

I, Connie Corleone, have caught you. You state you have an active role, but I tracked you NP 1 and you didn't visit anybody. Active? I think not. What active role does nothing?

Give up the ghost.