Jump to topic:

Star Trek Mafia DP 5

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 5:49:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Last night was a great one for the town. A mafia was killed and Dr.McCoy happened to be in the right place to issue some snap medical attention and save the life of a crew member.

Innomen will be LoR's replacement.

Blackvoid - Hello Chekov. You have unlocked the key to beaming people places. You have the ability to switch two people, and anything that happens to them, every night. You win with the Enterprise. Recruited by the mafia NP 2.

Innomen - Greetings Mr.Spock. You are permitted to use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on one person every night thus stopping their actions. You will be permitted to then use their role. If you should be NKd, you will be able to play through the last person that you attempted to use your action on. They will be obligated to say any messages that you have regardless of their affiliation.You win with the Enterprise.

Andro - Hello Uhura. You, being the communications officer, are the spy. You can choose one person every NP. You will receive all messages that they send. THe only exception is if they send a message revealing the names of more than one other mafia member. You win with the Enterprise.

Marcus - Hello Nurse Chapel. You are a vanilla townie for now, but, if the doctor dies, then you will step-up to take his place. You win with the Enterprise.

TV - Hello Nero. You are a consiglier. You have the ability to investigate one person every night and learn their exact role. You win with the Mafia.

PR - You are the Gorn. Your sole desire in life is to see to it that Captain Kirk dies. Once this happens, you win.

Marauder - You are the Salt Vampire. You have the ability to change your appearance, thus appearing innocent to investigation. You need to suck the salt from everyone in order to live. This will kill them. You win when everyone is dead.

1) Medic
2) Squirtle
3) F16
4) bluesteel
5) drafterman
6) Lickdafoot
7) Innomen2

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 6:01:27 PM
lol, this is too easy. I just checked drafterman's character and he's the Ceti Eel (whatever that is)

VTL drafterman
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 6:09:54 PM
At 11/21/2011 6:01:27 PM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, this is too easy. I just checked drafterman's character and he's the Ceti Eel (whatever that is)

VTL drafterman

Well... The Ceti Eel is a bug-like Creature from Ceti Alpha V (Wrath of Khan). It can be inserted into the ear of a person and it makes them susceptible to suggestion.

Not me, though. I'm still a Yeoman as far as I'm aware.

So, I think you need to question the validity of your role. You were right about PR, but not about me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:35:30 PM
Bluesteel was right about PR. I have no reason to not believe Bluesteel is innocent. I thought he could also be bussing PR to gain credibility but then PR turned out to be third party so how could Blue have known. Drafterman, it seems more likely that you are guilty than not. Can you explain this?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:10:06 AM
wow, this thread is dead. guess the obvious thing to do is to go with the investigation results. They haven't led us wrong yet. Vtl Drafter
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:56:00 AM
At 11/21/2011 8:35:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bluesteel was right about PR. I have no reason to not believe Bluesteel is innocent. I thought he could also be bussing PR to gain credibility but then PR turned out to be third party so how could Blue have known. Drafterman, it seems more likely that you are guilty than not. Can you explain this?

Well I can't explain blues results. However, my generic role makes me a natural target for suspicion. I'm a yeoman, specifically captain Kirks assistant. Kind of like how Nurse Chapel would be McCoys assistant.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:04:23 AM
At 11/22/2011 6:56:00 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:35:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Well I can't explain blues results. However, my generic role makes me a natural target for suspicion. I'm a yeoman, specifically captain Kirks assistant. Kind of like how Nurse Chapel would be McCoys assistant.

Ok, last post was on my phone, so I couldn't effectively write much more.

There has been a quick game, so there really isn't much action to go on, and given that I have no abilities, not much for me to do.

Ok, so with 14 people we can expect, what, 3-4 non-town? Two of those have been 3rd parties. So 1-2 non-town which could either be additional third-parties or mafia. Doesn't make sense to me that there would be any more third-parties as that would mean we started with 0 or 1 mafia. Nonsensical. We know there was at least 1 starting mafia, as that was TV. Furthermore, there had to be a mafia to recruit Blackvoid. So we started with at least 2 mafia and 2 SK. Those 2 SKs and 1 mafia have been killed, leaving 1 mafia left.

So, if I'm non-town, then I'm mafia. Does that even make sense? I was the third person to vote against TV and openly argued against him. Maybe you'll say I was bussing him but all I needed to do that was to vote against him, and I could have waited to do that.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:22:45 AM
@drafter

Your proof that you're innocent is that you were the third to vote for tv after F-16 got a guilty verdict on him? That's obvious bussing.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:28:38 AM
At 11/22/2011 9:22:45 AM, bluesteel wrote:
@drafter

Your proof that you're innocent is that you were the third to vote for tv after F-16 got a guilty verdict on him? That's obvious bussing.

Obviously I have no proof. At least not until I die. What I'm saying is that it wasn't necessary for me to continue to argue against him, when I could have either kept my mouth shut and flew under the radar or try to argue that he was actually a town miller.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:38:35 AM
Ok. This DP is moving along slowly, so it's unlikely that anyone else will come along to detract suspicion from me.

I'm Yeoman.
I'm Captain Kirks' Assistant.
If Captain Kirk dies, I take over his investigative role.

To make this easy:

VTL Drafterman

If I'm not mafia, then a mafia person will come along and hammer. So, if I'm hammered and turn up town, whoever put the hammer should get a MAJOR FOS.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:54:00 AM
At 11/22/2011 9:51:10 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
VTL Drafterman

I admire your conviction. Now we have the long wait until blackhawk confirms.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 9:58:46 AM
Ok guys, unvote Drafter, I can confirm that he was the mafia's target last night. Because of something that's affected by my role, I am not allowed to claim my true character or role. Mod said I could give a fake if I wanted, but being town, I don't want to do that. Anyway, I have already been confirmed town so there's no reason I should be forced to do that.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:05:49 AM
Drafterman has been lynched. He was innocent.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:14:09 AM
At 11/22/2011 10:05:49 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Drafterman has been lynched. He was innocent.

They'll probably pass it off as a transporter accident.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:25:12 AM
At 11/22/2011 9:58:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Ok guys, unvote Drafter, I can confirm that he was the mafia's target last night. Because of something that's affected by my role, I am not allowed to claim my true character or role. Mod said I could give a fake if I wanted, but being town, I don't want to do that. Anyway, I have already been confirmed town so there's no reason I should be forced to do that.

Too late medic. All votes were in. Game's over.