Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Star Trek Mafia Endgame

blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:23:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Mafia has won.

F-16 - Hello. You are Captain James T. Kirk. You are the commander of the USS Enterprise. Your job is to investigate one person every night and learn their role and affiliation. You win with the Enterprise. Recruited NP 3.

Innomen - Greetings Mr.Spock. You are permitted to use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on one person every night thus stopping their actions. You will be permitted to then use their role. If you should be NKd, you will be able to play through the last person that you attempted to use your action on. They will be obligated to say any messages that you have regardless of their affiliation.You win with the Enterprise.

Medic - Hello Dr.McCoy. Your role is relatively self explanatory. You are the doctor and can heal one person from potential death every night. You win with the Enterprise.

LoR (Replaced by innomen2) - Hello Scotty. You are the JOAT. You have 5 one shot abilities. You can kill one person, learn the role of one person, LD one person, learn the affiliation of one person, and prevent all attempted NKs. Remember, you can only use each role once. You win with the Enterprise.

Andro - Hello Uhura. You, being the communications officer, are the spy. You can choose one person every NP. You will receive all messages that they send. THe only exception is if they send a message revealing the names of more than one other mafia member. You win with the Enterprise.

Squirtle - Hello commander Sulu. You watch what is going on outside of the Enterprise. You can choose one person every night. You will recieve the name of everyone that visits your target, and everyone that your target visits.

BV - Hello Chekov. You have unlocked the key to beaming people places. You have the ability to switch two people, and anything that happens to them, every night. You win with the Enterprise. Recruited NP 2.

Marcusato - Hello Nurse Chapel. You are a vanilla townie for now, but, if the doctor dies, then you will step-up to take his place. You win with the Enterprise.

Drafterman - Hello Yeoman. You are Kirk's personal assistant. If he should fall, then you will step-up and claim his role of investigator. You win with the Enterprise.

LDF - Hello Khan. You are the super human that was abandoned. You now seek revenge by destroying the Enterprise and it's crew. You have the final say on who the mafia targets every NP. You will also decide who goes after them. You are the Godfather and so you will investigate innocent. You win with the mafia.

BS - You are a Ceti Eel. You have the ability to recruit one person to the mafia. If the doctor protects your target, then your action will not go through, and you can take another shot at a different time. You win with the Mafia.

TV - Hello Nero. You are a consiglier. You have the ability to investigate one person every night and learn their exact role. You win with the Mafia.

Partam - You are the Gorn. Your sole desire in life is to see to it that Captain Kirk dies. Once this happens, you win.

Marauder - You are the Salt Vampire. You have the ability to change your appearance, thus appearing innocent to investigation. You need to suck the salt from everyone in order to live. This will kill them. You win when everyone is dead.

NP 1

1) Andro - check logic
2) Medic - protect f-16
3) tvellalott - check f-16
4) Squirtle (healed) - watch/track f-16
5) F16 - check tv
6) bluesteel - kill LoR and recruit BV
7) drafterman - nothing
8) PartamRuhem - no role
9) Blackvoid - not using
10) innomen - not using
11) Lickdafoot - send BS to kill LoR
12)marcuscato - no role
13) Logic_on_rails - protect all
14)Marauder - kill spritle

NP 2

1) Andro - watch marcus
2) Medic - protect medic
3) Squirtle (healed) - Watch logic
4) F16 - check LDF
5) bluesteel - recruit BV and kill innomen
6) drafterman - nothing
7) PartamRuhem - no role
8) Blackvoid - not using
9) Innomen - block logic
10) Lickdafoot - send BS to kil inno
11)marcuscato - no role
12) Logic_on_rails - learn BV's affiliation
13)Marauder - salt suck marcus

NP 3

1) Andro - no action sent in
2) Medic - protect BS
3) Squirtle - Watch LDF
4) F16 - investigate Logic
5) bluesteel - recruit drafterman
6) drafterman - no role
7) Blackvoid - Switch drafterman w/ f-16
8) Lickdafoot - send BS to kill andro
9) Logic_on_rails - role cop marauder
10)Marauder - kill LDF

NP 4

1) Medic - protect drafterman
2) Squirtle - watch BV
3) F16 - no action sent in
4) bluesteel - use vest on self
5) drafterman - nothing
6) Blackvoid - switch drafter and innomen2
7) Lickdafoot - send BS to kill drafterman
8) Logic_on_rails (replaced by innomen) - kill BV

If I'm forgetting anything, please let me know. What did you guys think of this game?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:26:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
F-16, why in the world did you hammer? I was the ONLY person in the game that could have known that Captain Kirk was an investigative role other than Captain Kirk.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:27:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:26:38 AM, drafterman wrote:
F-16, why in the world did you hammer? I was the ONLY person in the game that could have known that Captain Kirk was an investigative role other than Captain Kirk.

F-16 - Hello. You are Captain James T. Kirk. You are the commander of the USS Enterprise. Your job is to investigate one person every night and learn their role and affiliation. You win with the Enterprise. Recruited NP 3.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:28:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:26:38 AM, drafterman wrote:
F-16, why in the world did you hammer? I was the ONLY person in the game that could have known that Captain Kirk was an investigative role other than Captain Kirk.

Nevermind. I see that you were recruited.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:37:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll say that giving the mafia a recruiting ability almost certainly guarantees them a win as they can essentially reduce town's numbers by two each night and increase their numbers by one, thus negating any mafia that was killed during the previous day phase.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:40:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I do feel that the mafia were too powerful. How could town possibly win? Town No lynched only ONCE and NEVER mislynched. What more could you ask of town? There were too many third parties and the mafia's recruit power was too great. Town no lynched on DP1, lynched a mafioso on DP2, a third party on DP3, a serial killer on DP4. Seriously, how could we still lose? LOR did great tricking the mafia completely. The town played great.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:43:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:40:56 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I do feel that the mafia were too powerful. How could town possibly win? Town No lynched only ONCE and NEVER mislynched. What more could you ask of town? There were too many third parties and the mafia's recruit power was too great. Town no lynched on DP1, lynched a mafioso on DP2, a third party on DP3, a serial killer on DP4. Seriously, how could we still lose? LOR did great tricking the mafia completely. The town played great.

I thought the game was in the bag. I felt that there was some obvious "Follow the Cop" going on and imagined that the mafia was complaining about town being over powered.

Your analysis seems spot on. The only possible way we could have won would have been to lynch BS day 1.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:53:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:40:56 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I do feel that the mafia were too powerful. How could town possibly win? Town No lynched only ONCE and NEVER mislynched. What more could you ask of town? There were too many third parties and the mafia's recruit power was too great. Town no lynched on DP1, lynched a mafioso on DP2, a third party on DP3, a serial killer on DP4. Seriously, how could we still lose? LOR did great tricking the mafia completely. The town played great.

I'll keep this in mind. The town could have gotten both you and BS as mafia in the last 2 DPs. The right people weren't on at crucial times. Plus my screw up with giving LoR some info accidentally. I accidentally sent him about half of the role actions.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:57:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:53:44 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:40:56 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I do feel that the mafia were too powerful. How could town possibly win? Town No lynched only ONCE and NEVER mislynched. What more could you ask of town? There were too many third parties and the mafia's recruit power was too great. Town no lynched on DP1, lynched a mafioso on DP2, a third party on DP3, a serial killer on DP4. Seriously, how could we still lose? LOR did great tricking the mafia completely. The town played great.

I'll keep this in mind. The town could have gotten both you and BS as mafia in the last 2 DPs. The right people weren't on at crucial times. Plus my screw up with giving LoR some info accidentally. I accidentally sent him about half of the role actions.

What you did with BS was essentially make him a Cult Leader. Check this out:

http://mafiascum.net...

Especially:
"If the Cult is not exterminated within the first two game Days, they almost inevitably win. "

And that's considering that a cult is third-party (and thus an enemy of both town and mafia) and people lose their powers upon recruitment. You eliminated both of these limitations.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:58:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
That was a frustrating game. I kept trying to communicate through the mod to LoR, and the time lag messed up. I also knew BS was mafia when he claimed Worf.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:59:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.

Read F-16's analysis. We never mislynched. How would it have possible to do any better other than through sheer luck?

Can you provide your strategy for how the town could have won that doesn't rely on privileged knowledge or pure luck?
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:03:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
After Tv and i died you should've gone after the people who tried to lynch me. Partam was fairly obv, you shouldve gone after blue and medic much harder.
Bandwagoning on a townie lynch is a classic mafia tell.
Shame my timings are off, i was given a chance to comeback but wasnt active enough.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:03:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I liked the game. I thought it was fun.

um, mafia was too overpowered? Not as originally planned. We got two recruits intead of 1 because town was waaaaay overpowered. Are you kidding me?

We had to contend with a SK. Also, town had: a super JOAT (logic literally protected EVERYONE NP1 - it didn't matter who we tried to kill or recruit, it would fail), a replacement for the doctor AND the cop, so there was no easy way to eliminate those roles. Andro got ALL messages sent by one of us, if she investigated us, which could give her up to TWO mafia (the person sending the message and the name of the other mafioso in the message). If you've been in a mafia PM, you know that all messages sent are incriminating. Let's see, what else. Oh, the super watcher/tracker... Not to mention that basically every townie could have confirmed themselves (assuming we didn't get two recruits).

Honestly, do you realize how lucky we got? If we'd hammered anyone but partam, i would have been lynched the next DP (that was a dumb mistake on our part and we just got super-lucky). If F-16 had faked his investigation on anyone but marauder, again, we would have lost. If I hadn't recruited F-16, he would have confirmed drafterman (good call medic, why did you target him? He soft claimed vanilla...), and we couldn't have lynched him... Basically, everything went right for the mafia (besides our NK failing two nights ago), and we still barely won.

Oh, and the FINAL piece. I won the challenge :P Had I not, marauder would have killed LDF, and we would have lost...

There were basically thousands of ways we could have lost and very few we could have won.

fyi, LoR didn't "trick us" - there was literally no one that we or marauder could have killed NP1.

blackhawk, why was logic forcibly replaced? And why couldn't medic claim his real character (or was that a lie)?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:06:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:59:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.

Read F-16's analysis. We never mislynched. How would it have possible to do any better other than through sheer luck?

Can you provide your strategy for how the town could have won that doesn't rely on privileged knowledge or pure luck?

Remember that Bluesteel (mafia) was the one who got PR lynched, and F-16 (recruited) was the one who got you lynched. While they technically weren't mislynchs, they were still engineered by mafiosos, so we should give them some credit.

Also, it didn't go all good for the mafia. Blue's recruiting power was blocked DP1. On the night I was recruited, we were supposed to win literally on DP3, as long as the SK didn't hit one of us. But Blackhawk kept the game going even though there were 4 mafia and 4 others left, for some reason.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:09:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:59:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.

Read F-16's analysis. We never mislynched. How would it have possible to do any better other than through sheer luck?

Can you provide your strategy for how the town could have won that doesn't rely on privileged knowledge or pure luck?

There are literally thousands of ways you could have won... I got REALLY lucky with the fake investigation on partam... marauder could have killed LDF. medic could have protected drafterman the night we tried to recruit F-16 (wtf, he did it the night we tried to kill logic, by switching him with drafterman - ironically, if we just went straight for logic, he would have died).

um, if ANY of your super-investigative roles (super-watcher/tracker, andro's message role, cop) had investigated me...

you know, F-16 LIED right. He could investigate EVERY night. He successfully lied so as not to be role blocked....

thousands of ways... seriously.

I only got TWO recruits, not infinite (like a cult recruiter).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:10:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:06:18 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:59:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.

Read F-16's analysis. We never mislynched. How would it have possible to do any better other than through sheer luck?

Can you provide your strategy for how the town could have won that doesn't rely on privileged knowledge or pure luck?

Remember that Bluesteel (mafia) was the one who got PR lynched, and F-16 (recruited) was the one who got you lynched. While they technically weren't mislynchs, they were still engineered by mafiosos, so we should give them some credit.

Also, it didn't go all good for the mafia. Blue's recruiting power was blocked DP1. On the night I was recruited, we were supposed to win literally on DP3, as long as the SK didn't hit one of us. But Blackhawk kept the game going even though there were 4 mafia and 4 others left, for some reason.

lol, no, that was a mistake. I miscounted... or maybe you did. Our recruit wouldn't count as a kill, but we somehow thought it would, so our kill DID go through, but there were 9 left, not 8.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:12:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 10:58:19 AM, innomen wrote:
That was a frustrating game. I kept trying to communicate through the mod to LoR, and the time lag messed up. I also knew BS was mafia when he claimed Worf.

yeah, also blackhawk you basically screwed us over. Are there any townies not from original series??? Why would you tell us that characters could come from all series, if only the mafia characters did.... You were setting us up to fail from DP1 when logic asked us to series claim... Claiming is hard enough, but impossible if the mod basically tricks you into claiming something completely retarded.

So yeah, if you guys had stuck to your gut and just lynched me a lick, for being not from TOS, you also would have won.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:14:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
blackhawk, why was logic forcibly replaced? And why couldn't medic claim his real character (or was that a lie)?

Medic lied. LoR was pulled because I accidentally sent him about half of the night actions.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:17:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:06:18 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:59:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.

Read F-16's analysis. We never mislynched. How would it have possible to do any better other than through sheer luck?

Can you provide your strategy for how the town could have won that doesn't rely on privileged knowledge or pure luck?

Remember that Bluesteel (mafia) was the one who got PR lynched, and F-16 (recruited) was the one who got you lynched. While they technically weren't mislynchs, they were still engineered by mafiosos, so we should give them some credit.

Also, it didn't go all good for the mafia. Blue's recruiting power was blocked DP1. On the night I was recruited, we were supposed to win literally on DP3, as long as the SK didn't hit one of us. But Blackhawk kept the game going even though there were 4 mafia and 4 others left, for some reason.

LoR/innomen2 had his kill still. Town had the majority in that last DP but drafterman threw it when he voted for himself.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:21:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:12:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:58:19 AM, innomen wrote:
That was a frustrating game. I kept trying to communicate through the mod to LoR, and the time lag messed up. I also knew BS was mafia when he claimed Worf.

yeah, also blackhawk you basically screwed us over. Are there any townies not from original series??? Why would you tell us that characters could come from all series, if only the mafia characters did.... You were setting us up to fail from DP1 when logic asked us to series claim... Claiming is hard enough, but impossible if the mod basically tricks you into claiming something completely retarded.

So yeah, if you guys had stuck to your gut and just lynched me a lick, for being not from TOS, you also would have won.

Khan and the Ceti eel were both original series. I didn't think of someone asking for series claims. I pulled Nero from the new movie, based on TOS.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:21:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:09:03 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:59:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/22/2011 10:57:43 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Umm no i think the town could have won fairly quickly, simply because the mafia didnt play too good. I never suspected marauder tho.

Read F-16's analysis. We never mislynched. How would it have possible to do any better other than through sheer luck?

Can you provide your strategy for how the town could have won that doesn't rely on privileged knowledge or pure luck?

There are literally thousands of ways you could have won...

For example?

I got REALLY lucky with the fake investigation on partam... marauder could have killed LDF. medic could have protected drafterman the night we tried to recruit F-16 (wtf, he did it the night we tried to kill logic, by switching him with drafterman - ironically, if we just went straight for logic, he would have died).

Ok, but what I want to know is what the TOWN could have done differently, not relying on luck or special knowledge, to win this game. If it was so easy and there are thousands of such ways, then I'd like to know one.


um, if ANY of your super-investigative roles (super-watcher/tracker, andro's message role, cop) had investigated me...

you know, F-16 LIED right. He could investigate EVERY night. He successfully lied so as not to be role blocked....

thousands of ways... seriously.

I only got TWO recruits, not infinite (like a cult recruiter).
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:25:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:03:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I liked the game. I thought it was fun.

um, mafia was too overpowered? Not as originally planned. We got two recruits intead of 1 because town was waaaaay overpowered. Are you kidding me?

That had the potential to make the total number of mafiosos 5. With 2 third parties, that is 7 people that the town needed to kill to take first place. There were 14 people to begin with. Seriously.

We had to contend with a SK. Also, town had: a super JOAT (logic literally protected EVERYONE NP1 - it didn't matter who we tried to kill or recruit, it would fail), a replacement for the doctor AND the cop, so there was no easy way to eliminate those roles. Andro got ALL messages sent by one of us, if she investigated us, which could give her up to TWO mafia (the person sending the message and the name of the other mafioso in the message). If you've been in a mafia PM, you know that all messages sent are incriminating. Let's see, what else. Oh, the super watcher/tracker... Not to mention that basically every townie could have confirmed themselves (assuming we didn't get two recruits).

Okay, town had some powerful roles, but the numbers were against us. How could we get rid of 7 out of 14 people accurately with no info?

Honestly, do you realize how lucky we got? If we'd hammered anyone but partam, i would have been lynched the next DP (that was a dumb mistake on our part and we just got super-lucky). If F-16 had faked his investigation on anyone but marauder, again, we would have lost. If I hadn't recruited F-16, he would have confirmed drafterman (good call medic, why did you target him? He soft claimed vanilla...), and we couldn't have lynched him... Basically, everything went right for the mafia (besides our NK failing two nights ago), and we still barely won.

Oh, and the FINAL piece. I won the challenge :P Had I not, marauder would have killed LDF, and we would have lost...

There were basically thousands of ways we could have lost and very few we could have won.

They all depend on getting lucky. I mean, town not only had to eliminate non-town, they had to do so in a SPECIFIC ORDER.

fyi, LoR didn't "trick us" - there was literally no one that we or marauder could have killed NP1.

He tricked you into thinking he was bulletproof.

blackhawk, why was logic forcibly replaced? And why couldn't medic claim his real character (or was that a lie)?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:27:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:25:27 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/22/2011 11:03:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I liked the game. I thought it was fun.

um, mafia was too overpowered? Not as originally planned. We got two recruits intead of 1 because town was waaaaay overpowered. Are you kidding me?

That had the potential to make the total number of mafiosos 5. With 2 third parties, that is 7 people that the town needed to kill to take first place. There were 14 people to begin with. Seriously.

We had to contend with a SK. Also, town had: a super JOAT (logic literally protected EVERYONE NP1 - it didn't matter who we tried to kill or recruit, it would fail), a replacement for the doctor AND the cop, so there was no easy way to eliminate those roles. Andro got ALL messages sent by one of us, if she investigated us, which could give her up to TWO mafia (the person sending the message and the name of the other mafioso in the message). If you've been in a mafia PM, you know that all messages sent are incriminating. Let's see, what else. Oh, the super watcher/tracker... Not to mention that basically every townie could have confirmed themselves (assuming we didn't get two recruits).

Okay, town had some powerful roles, but the numbers were against us. How could we get rid of 7 out of 14 people accurately with no info?

Not to mention that town strategies depend on confirming who is town and who is not, like you confirmed yourself in DP-1. Recruitment and other alignment changing powers make that strategy less feasible. Who you confirm in one phase may be mafia the next.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:30:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:27:13 AM, drafterman wrote:

Not to mention that town strategies depend on confirming who is town and who is not, like you confirmed yourself in DP-1. Recruitment and other alignment changing powers make that strategy less feasible. Who you confirm in one phase may be mafia the next.

Exactly. Even if town lynched Blue, Black, and Lick consecutively assuming they had some incredible higher knowledge that enabled this, they would never have lynched me. How could they win?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:33:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:30:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/22/2011 11:27:13 AM, drafterman wrote:

Not to mention that town strategies depend on confirming who is town and who is not, like you confirmed yourself in DP-1. Recruitment and other alignment changing powers make that strategy less feasible. Who you confirm in one phase may be mafia the next.

Exactly. Even if town lynched Blue, Black, and Lick consecutively assuming they had some incredible higher knowledge that enabled this, they would never have lynched me. How could they win?

I thought Logic was Kirk in DP1 when he said he had some knowledge that convinced him I was town (I thought maybe Kirk's role PM mentioned a yeoman). After I realized you were the investigator, I knew you were Kirk, that is why I specifically addressed you in my defense last DP.

Consequently, I sh!t a brick when you hammered me.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:38:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
what can i say? this game was super fun for me. not only did i get to be in mafia with two of my mafia heroes (:p) and f-16 (for the first time i think?) but we were coming up with lots of interesting plans. In the end, it was lack of activity, our second recruit possibility, and blue winning the prize that saved us. I'm glad we decided to switch the protective prize from blackvoid onto me. Also, had drafter not voted himself, it might not have worked out. I guess it's a really dumb more for anyone to ever vote themselves.

To blackhawk, your roles were very creative and I liked that. Might have worked out better though if you talked to a more experienced mod who could have told you which roles were too overpowered.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:41:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:38:17 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
what can i say? this game was super fun for me. not only did i get to be in mafia with two of my mafia heroes (:p) and f-16 (for the first time i think?) but we were coming up with lots of interesting plans. In the end, it was lack of activity, our second recruit possibility, and blue winning the prize that saved us. I'm glad we decided to switch the protective prize from blackvoid onto me. Also, had drafter not voted himself, it might not have worked out. I guess it's a really dumb more for anyone to ever vote themselves.

My reasoning was based upon there being only 1 mafia left. I hadn't considered any sort of recruiting ability. I was also counting on F-16 to come in and save the day, since I revealed knowledge only he and I could know.


To blackhawk, your roles were very creative and I liked that. Might have worked out better though if you talked to a more experienced mod who could have told you which roles were too overpowered.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:46:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Even though I only had 1 DP as mafia, I didn't realize how hard it really is to appear town. It probably comes naturally to some people, but I had a lot of trouble figuring out what I should post. I kept trying to think "what would I say if I was town", but the answer I kept getting was "I have no idea".
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:51:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 11:30:18 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/22/2011 11:27:13 AM, drafterman wrote:

Not to mention that town strategies depend on confirming who is town and who is not, like you confirmed yourself in DP-1. Recruitment and other alignment changing powers make that strategy less feasible. Who you confirm in one phase may be mafia the next.

Exactly. Even if town lynched Blue, Black, and Lick consecutively assuming they had some incredible higher knowledge that enabled this, they would never have lynched me. How could they win?

If I lost the challenge (or blackhawk hadn't had one), marauder would have killed lickdafoot. If I didn't get LUCKY with lynching PR (and didn't win the challenge), logic could have killed me. You guys had NK's still too....

It's not blackhawk's fault about you F-16. If I had only one recruit, I probably would have saved it for you (after my Np1 one failed).

I agree 100% with the second recruit (which we only got after tv was so easily lynched DP2). I disagree with the challenge giving me 5 bulletproof vests, but w/e. We probably would have lost without that.

You realize that town had SO many advantages. I can't believe you would complain about game balance. You guys just followed all the investigations like sheep and drafterman lynched himself. Want to know how to not lose, drafterman?? Don't lynch yourself. Medic would have confirmed you if you hadn't.

You guys are being totally unfair to blackhawk. And honestly, if you look at all the townies roles and think this game was fair, after F-16 caught tvellalot on NP1, then I don't trust any of you to design games. blackhawk was really smart in recognizing that he'd completely overpowered town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)