Jump to topic:

Beginner 3.1- Day Phase 5

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:23:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The town is on a roll, but they lost another valuable member. Drafterman has been killed.

R.I.P.

Jm_notguilty- Number Two, town
Nerdykiller- Number One, town
EBurnum- Number Twelve, mafia
Squirtle- Number Seven, town
Lordknuckle- Number Nine, mafia
F-16 Fighting Falcon- Number Thirteen, town
PartamRuhem- Number Six, mafia
Drafterman- Number Eleven, town

Active Players

Andromeda_Z
Blackhawk1331
16kadams
Lickdafoot
Mig
JM_notguilty2

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:41:38 PM
Looks like andro's the only one left. VTL ANDRO
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 7:42:12 PM
At 11/22/2011 7:41:38 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Looks like andro's the only one left. VTL ANDRO

VTL Andro....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 8:24:24 PM
At 11/22/2011 7:43:35 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
You know what I've said about the numbers. Do you really think giving us all of the mafia is a "small hint"?

He told us DP 2 that someone who isn't even playing got all the mafia it was so easy. Also, isn't it a little suspicious that you made one, maybe two posts, in my star trek game and the first few DPs of this game but now that you're suspicious here, you're suddenly very active.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 8:29:27 PM
At 11/22/2011 8:24:24 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/22/2011 7:43:35 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
You know what I've said about the numbers. Do you really think giving us all of the mafia is a "small hint"?

He told us DP 2 that someone who isn't even playing got all the mafia it was so easy. Also, isn't it a little suspicious that you made one, maybe two posts, in my star trek game and the first few DPs of this game but now that you're suspicious here, you're suddenly very active.

Yeah, because I'm on Thanksgiving break now and can devote more time to this. Well, it doesn't officially start until tomorrow, but I'm done with classes for the day and most of them were cancelled yesterday so I consider it to have begun. The pressure is completely irrelevant to whether I am online or not. Either I have time or I don't.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 10:58:54 PM
Eh, beginning games tend to be rather boring. It gets more interesting with the roles and the vigilante activities..............
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 7:30:05 AM
Vote Count

Andro 4/4- (Blackhawk, Mig, JNG, Andro)

Andro has been lynched. She was mafia.

Town wins!!!

Standby for a short endgame, which we'll do in this thread, instead of starting another one.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 8:10:43 AM
Congratulations to Squirtle and the town for figuring out the hint. Spinko pm'd me with the mafia members before anyone even posted. I apologize to the mafia, I know it biased the game for the town, but I put the hint in the game for a reason.

The beginner games focus less on competition, than normal games, the goal is to teach. There are specific goals to be accomplished in game one. We want to teach the new players how the day/nights work, how voting works, and how the back and forth argumentation and accusation goes. Those goals can all be accomplished in a few short rounds. I remember the last group was getting very bored with the no roles game after just a few phases, but the game seemed like it went on forever. That was unnecessary, and I wanted to avoid that this time. That's why I put the hint in, to shorten the game and try and make the beginner games less boring.
Falcon was trying to get everyone to focus on behaviors, and that would have been a good teaching tool, had I not already put the hint in, and it was too late for me to take it back. Perhaps that will be a good tool to use in the next game.

We're going to take a couple days off for the holiday, and begin the next game, Beginner 3.2, probably Friday evening. Everyone will have both a character name, and a role action to work with. I'm going to do something different this time, that askbob use to do with the first role game. I'm going to post a list of possible roles, and all roles in the game will be in that list. It helps to narrow things down and keep speculation down, so that you don't have to eliminate every possible role that exists.

I'm going to work from the same sign up list as this game, so if anyone who played in this game doesn't want to play in 3.2 please let me know. Folgerlibrary has checked in and we'll be adding him this time. Game 3.3 will be modded by Lickdafoot, with me co-modding, it will be a themed game, Illuminati Mafia.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We'll see you back in a couple days.