Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anarchist mafia Dp4

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 4:46:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Living players list

1. Andromeda_Z
2. Blusteel
3. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
4. DetectableNinja
5. Logic_on_Rails
6. Quarterexchange

Dead players list

Lickdafoot
You are Laozi. Many anarchists have drawn on your belief in Taoism, or the belief in The Way, thinking that it will lead to anarchism. You see nature as leading to spontaneous organization, without a need for man to establish order. You are a vanilla. You win with the town.

Marauder
You are Eduard Bernstein. While most anarchists are some form of socialist, they are invariably against the evil of State socialism. As one of the most famous proponents of such a system and it's inevitable consequences of beauracracy, you may use that beauracracy to your advantage. Every Np, you may target one player to roleblock. You win with the mafia.

lovelife
You are Johann Most. You are most famous for your support of "propoganda of the deed", which is popularization of anarchist ideals through public violent actions. You are the vigilante and every Np you may choose one player to kill. You win with the town.

Raisor
You are Mikhael Bakunin. You are famous for your federalist and collectivist anarchists views, however the bulk of your work was in the field of secret societies. Every Np you may recruit one player into the International Brotherhood. You are the mason and win with the town.

Marcuscato
You are Bennito Mussolini. As the leader of a fascist State, you have access to and control over an army of secret police. You may utilize your secret police two times over the course of the game to silence another player for the duration of the next Dp.

Tvellalott
You are Kar Marx. While you believed in anarchism as a long term goal, you stand alone among anarchists in favoring authoritarian means to acheive that end. This caused a famous rivalry between you and Mikhael Bakunin who favored libertarian means. You're an anarchist but you are foremost against libertarian means to realize that ideal, making you an enemy of other anarchists, notably Bakunin. Every Np you may target one person to kill. If that person is Bakunin, he will die. If that person is anyone else, they will not die. You win if you successfully kill Bakunin.

Medic0506
You are Benjamin Tucker. Your as famous for your anarchist beliefs as you are for your translations of major anarchist texts. Every Np you may send a player a message, which will be sent by me to that players personal PM. You win with the town.

4 votes to lynch. Go.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 4:57:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a strong reason to believe that either Bluesteel or Logic may be mafia. I really need Logic to character and role-claim before I explain why. I too will come forth with a full claim once I hear from Logic.

VTL Logic_On_Rails
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 4:59:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Although I'm still wary of QE after his Miller claim, we DO need another claim. VTL LoR
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 5:00:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 4:59:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Although I'm still wary of QE after his Miller claim, we DO need another claim. VTL LoR

Actually, nevermind. UNVOTE. F16 claims that he'll explain later, but I think that that's weak reasoning.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 5:07:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, you know what, my role is now useless. My character is Voltarine de Cleyrie. I am the town cop. I investigated Logic last night and he is guilty. I wanted to hear from LOR first because Bluesteel claimed to have known my role when I gave a cryptic clue to Lovelife in DP2. Bluesteel could then have framed LOR. However, I don't think LOR is a likely frame target so I say we lynch him.

With LOR lynched, we will have gotten rid of 3 of the 4 mafiosos in addition to that annoying third party (TV). So, the only person who is left will be the godfather. Now let's see who it is:

1. Andromeda_Z - Confirmed Kropotkin
2. Blusteel - HUGELY SUSPICIOUS
3. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Confirmed Cop
4. DetectableNinja - Unconfirmed
5. Logic_on_Rails - GUILTY
6. Quarterexchange - Sketchy claim

Bluesteel has been playing just suspiciously enough to draw an investigation to him. It strongly suggests that he is immune to investigation.

Here are my results:

NP1 - Investigated Lovelife as Innocent

NP2 - Investigated Bluesteel as Innocent (It doesn't mean anything though)

NP3 - Investigated LOR guilty.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 5:18:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I suppose it's my turn to claim, as I'm the only unconfirmed. I am Rudolf Rocker. Even though I'm an anarchist activist, I consider myself an "anarchist without adjectives." Because I do not identify with any specific sect of anarchism, only championing for the general idea of anarchism, I am just a vanilla.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 5:22:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 5:18:59 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I suppose it's my turn to claim, as I'm the only unconfirmed. I am Rudolf Rocker. Even though I'm an anarchist activist, I consider myself an "anarchist without adjectives." Because I do not identify with any specific sect of anarchism, only championing for the general idea of anarchism, I am just a vanilla.

Okay, you could be confirmed if there was ever a tracker on you. Also, your elaboration on the post makes me believe that you are town. But I'm not completely sure. I think the last mafia is probably between you, Bluesteel and QE. I'd say Bluesteel, QE, and you in order of supicions. For now, we should lynch LOR as he came up guilty. Then go after Blue. Unless the mafia has a framer, I don't see how else Logic could have come up guilty.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 5:57:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@F-16

You're really starting to piss me off. You get a guilty on logic but that must mean I framed him? What kind of stupid reasoning is that. VTL logic You know the odds of a successful frame are low. And I obviously can't be both godfather and framer as you're suggesting. When logic flips mafia, I guess we'll see if he's framer. Even if he is, he obviously didn't frame himself... Thanks for investigating me DP2, not DP1, btw, since if there is a framer, that probably tricked him.

Damn right I knew you were cop and investigated lovelife NP1. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. You claimed something that would "help only lovelife and hurt the town." I went through the standard roles and cop seemed obvious. I like how unvoting and taking pressure off you makes me mafia. If I was mafia and figured out your role, I would just keep it to myself and not say publicly "I figured it out" so as to alert you.

Last, lovelife said she wasn't going to use her role the night she died. I claimed to have killed marcus that NP. Seems to make sense. I gave a REALLY good reason why and you're LUCKY I made this deduction, although supposedly QE would have counter-claimed marcus next DP, assuming HIS role is real. If the last person is godfather, it has to be Dninja's vanilla claim. Obviously godfather wouldn't claim miller, unless he's retarded.

And I gave good reasons for why I killed marcus. It feels like such a thankless thing to have done, since somehow I'm higher on your suspicion list than LOGIC, who you just claim to have gotten a guilty on.

omfg
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 5:58:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
actually, unvote

I don't trust you anymore. I want to hear from logic first. You're acting too retardedly towards me. It smells like mafia setting me up to be the next mislynch.

Supposedly with two mafia left, one mislynch is a loss.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:03:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
also, andro isn't 100% confirmed either
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:08:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

Logic
- 2/4- F-16, DNinja
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:15:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm doctor.

As Jesus Christ, son of God, I can use my powers to prevent people from dying each NP. As for Jesus being in this game, many anarchists believed my teachings led to anarchist conclusions, like the view of Leo Tolstoy that secular government is unvariably justified.

MIG protected Blue NP 1, I was too tired to catch up and so protected myself NP 2. Last NP I protected Andromeda (confirmed town).

This is most likely a set up. Yesterday I stated my character claim was unusual (I certainly never knew Jesus was thought by some to be an anarchist...) - perfect Mafia frame target.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:21:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not really buying it. You did say your char claim would be weird, but this takes the cake. Also, MiG hates me. I doubt he'd protect me NP1.

That said, let's be thorough. F-16, why does your role PM say your are a cop?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:23:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 6:21:45 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm not really buying it. You did say your char claim would be weird, but this takes the cake. Also, MiG hates me. I doubt he'd protect me NP1.

That said, let's be thorough. F-16, why does your role PM say your are a cop?

Fair enough - I didn't think it was a particularly sound claim either, but I wasn't going to lie as a town player. As for MIG's actions, I didn't control them.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:24:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, lick's claim was Laozi, which is pretty weird (like Jesus). But if anything, that may have been what inspired marauder to come up with this claim, and it was likely already ready for logic last DP.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:27:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 6:23:59 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 11/23/2011 6:21:45 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm not really buying it. You did say your char claim would be weird, but this takes the cake. Also, MiG hates me. I doubt he'd protect me NP1.

That said, let's be thorough. F-16, why does your role PM say your are a cop?

Fair enough - I didn't think it was a particularly sound claim either, but I wasn't going to lie as a town player. As for MIG's actions, I didn't control them.

I'm still almost 100% sure you're mafia, even though F-16 is playing retardedly towards me. If you were town, you'd be VTLing F-16 at the least, and making a case for his lynch at the most. You're usually a much more helpful townie.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:28:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
andro, role claim please. The presence of another investigator or protective role will also help in evaluating this situation
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:47:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 6:27:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/23/2011 6:23:59 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 11/23/2011 6:21:45 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm not really buying it. You did say your char claim would be weird, but this takes the cake. Also, MiG hates me. I doubt he'd protect me NP1.

That said, let's be thorough. F-16, why does your role PM say your are a cop?

Fair enough - I didn't think it was a particularly sound claim either, but I wasn't going to lie as a town player. As for MIG's actions, I didn't control them.

I'm still almost 100% sure you're mafia, even though F-16 is playing retardedly towards me. If you were town, you'd be VTLing F-16 at the least, and making a case for his lynch at the most. You're usually a much more helpful townie.

If I was to vote for F-16 I'd be arguing for his lynch as he's already fully claimed, so I don't see your point about 'least' and 'most' here.

On the helpful townie point, I wasn't here for the entirety of the first 2 DPs and virtually missed DP 3 due to issues I've referenced in multiple threads (unless you think I'm Mafia in all of them and that this is clearly an elaborate plan...) , so I've only caught up with things by this DP's start.

Blue, I'm not so stupid as to doubt the town cop. I do doubt you and Quarter at this stage. Why didn't Quarter CC Marcus? Seems pretty unusual behaviour. Furthermore, knowing Marcus wasn't CC, like F-16 said, Quarter knows miller won't be CC (although it's stupid because he should have CC Marcus...) .

On you, we all know the fun behind fake JOAT claims, and given my doc powers, a vigilante and a cop I seriously wonder as to the JOAT's existence. Even if I were lying, doesn't a JOAT, vig and cop seem a little overpowered?

Finally, I note that you didn't claim the extent of your JOAT powers yesterday, OR what you did besides kill Marcus. Now, why wouldn't you tell us what else you had done or your powers? Trying to leave open all your options?

F-16 is right - you are a prime Mafia suspect. I was simply a good frame target.

VTL Bluesteel
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:52:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oops, sorry. I forgot to bold my unvote before. UNVOTE.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:54:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

Logic
- 2/4- F-16, DNinja

Bluesteel- 1/4- Logic
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 6:54:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

Logic- 1/4- F-16

Bluesteel- 1/4- Logic
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 7:15:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, Bluesteel is right. I am still reading through the posts and I realized I am acting quite suspicious of Bluesteel simply because he tried to FOS me when LDF was killed. I mean seriously Logic is guilty and Bluesteel is innocent. What was I thinking? We should lynch Logic. Framer is kind of a far-off idea.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 7:23:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dninja or Quarter are likely to be the last mafia. QE's miller claim was too safe since he knew that Marcus tried it and wasn't cc'd. I'd say QE is the next most suspicious. Blue, I believe you ... for now.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 7:24:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not going on an all-out FoS here, but I must say, F16, you backpedaled rather quickly...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 7:28:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 7:24:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm not going on an all-out FoS here, but I must say, F16, you backpedaled rather quickly...

DNinja, there were a few reasons for suspecting Blue which I can't divulge at this point. I will explain in full why I backpedaled but I can only explain those to you once the game ends.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 7:46:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Right now, I'm looking at QE primarily--namely because of his miller claim.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus