Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Classic Mafia - DP1

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:30:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VITO: Paulie, what's going on with the Morristown business? Are we ready to move in and get to work?

PAUL: Yeah boss - we staked the town out for weeks. We wanted to find out what kinda jobs and skills these people have. We figured knowing what we're dealing with is going to help us make the necessary adjustments to blend in and assess what we're up against. Unfortunately we aren't sure who does what, but we have a general idea of what to look out for. It shouldn't be too long until we run the place.

VITO: Well, you know what to do. Just make sure the job gets done. If you've gotta use blackmail, tamper with evidence, or just use brute force - make sure it happens. Grab Tony, Pete or whoever else you need to help. Let's do this.

PAUL: Ya know, Vito, I don't appreciate you bossing me around like this. Ever since pop died, we're all equals around here. You aren't the Boss. You need to help out and contribute like everybody else. You might be in charge, but you're not just gonna skate by. You don't have the skills dad did. For now, you're just one of us...

VITO: I'm not the Boss and I never will be. Nobody will take dad's place. I'm just trying to finish what we started and clearly we need some direction. Don't take it so personally. I'm nobody's Godfather - I don't pretend to be. Neither are you. We need to stick together and use what we've got to win this thing... Now quit complaining and let's get to work!

== Active Player List ==

01. Drafterman
02. Blackvoid
03. lovelife
04. M.Torres
05. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
06. socialpinko
07. Lordknukle
08. tvellalott
09. Andromeda
10. Medic
11. Lickdafoot
12. Spritle
13. bluesteel
14. Blackhawk1331
15. PartamRuhem

You need 8 votes to carry out a lynch.

You may NOT copy/paste or screen shot your role/PMs. I must be included in every PM (if I am not, notify me a.s.a.p). You may not talk about this game outside of the official threads. My vote count will be the official count, but feel free to help me keep track. Finally, please try to be as active as possible. Perceived inactivity may result in you being replaced. For any other questions, you may ask in the thread, though via role PM is probably the best way to ensure a response.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:34:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
mass character claim - I'm Kyle
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:37:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:30:57 PM, Danielle wrote:
VITO: Well, you know what to do. Just make sure the job gets done. If you've gotta use blackmail, tamper with evidence, or just use brute force - make sure it happens. Grab Tony, Pete or whoever else you need to help. Let's do this.

Subtle clue as to what mafia roles we might be dealing with or me being over-imaginative?

I win with the town (I'm not sure if Danielle likes the Lie Detector role, but just in case)

Since we're playing without characters (I think so anyway... my character is Tom, which is my name...) I'm unsure about how we should proceed.

I don't think we should pressure for roles DP1 as it almost exclusively helps the mafia.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:38:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Note: Once someone reaches the necessary number of votes required for a lynch, they will be lynched regardless of any unvoting done afterward... so pay attention.
President of DDO
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:40:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:37:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/23/2011 9:30:57 PM, Danielle wrote:
VITO: Well, you know what to do. Just make sure the job gets done. If you've gotta use blackmail, tamper with evidence, or just use brute force - make sure it happens. Grab Tony, Pete or whoever else you need to help. Let's do this.

Subtle clue as to what mafia roles we might be dealing with or me being over-imaginative?

I win with the town (I'm not sure if Danielle likes the Lie Detector role, but just in case)

Since we're playing without characters (I think so anyway... my character is Tom, which is my name...) I'm unsure about how we should proceed.

I don't think we should pressure for roles DP1 as it almost exclusively helps the mafia.

Sometimes I wonder if games should just start in NP1.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:41:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm fairly certain that characters are going to mean absolutely jack sh!t.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:46:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:41:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm fairly certain that characters are going to mean absolutely jack sh!t.

Sure they will. We just wait for Vito, Paul, Tony and Pete to claim and we'll have them knocked off in no time.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:48:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I dunno, there's like a .1% chance we get a cc. Also, mafia will probably all claim last, so yeah, clues...

I win with the town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:48:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:46:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/23/2011 9:41:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm fairly certain that characters are going to mean absolutely jack sh!t.

Sure they will. We just wait for Vito, Paul, Tony and Pete to claim and we'll have them knocked off in no time.

One of them will probably claim something Liza or Kyle. ;)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:49:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
whoever is cop: keep in mind, tv is right - mafia likely has a framer so don't broadcast your investigation target or investigate someone who is likely to be framed.

Trick the framer.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:50:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:49:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
whoever is cop: keep in mind, tv is right - mafia likely has a framer so don't broadcast your investigation target or investigate someone who is likely to be framed.

Trick the framer.

Would blackmail suggest some sort of vote stealer? Vote with the mafia or they'll release your internet history to your mother?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:52:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I dunno, I'm gonna VTL partam for a role claim

Here's my reasoning: danielle and I both, as mods, have a huge mafia bias. Danielle had to add a role to add partam (remember, it was 14 players initially). 15 allows the addition of one more mafia (since 5 is within the 1/3 range with 15). Unless she RE-randomized the role, it's quite possible partam is a mafia goon.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:53:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:48:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/23/2011 9:46:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/23/2011 9:41:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm fairly certain that characters are going to mean absolutely jack sh!t.

Sure they will. We just wait for Vito, Paul, Tony and Pete to claim and we'll have them knocked off in no time.

One of them will probably claim something Liza or Kyle. ;)

Dammit, busted already.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:54:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town. My character is Stacey. Why are we mass-claiming though? I really don't see how it helps. Won't mafia just claim anything they want? I'll say specific pressures are the best. I'll add to the pressure.

VTL Partam
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:57:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm Kate the miller. It seems standard for miller to claim Dp1.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 9:59:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:52:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I dunno, I'm gonna VTL partam for a role claim

Here's my reasoning: danielle and I both, as mods, have a huge mafia bias. Danielle had to add a role to add partam (remember, it was 14 players initially). 15 allows the addition of one more mafia (since 5 is within the 1/3 range with 15). Unless she RE-randomized the role, it's quite possible partam is a mafia goon.

I thought the same thing when she said she'd add him.

VTL Partam
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:00:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll add some pressure and we have to start somewhere. Whatever. VTL Partam
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:01:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 9:52:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I dunno, I'm gonna VTL partam for a role claim

Here's my reasoning: danielle and I both, as mods, have a huge mafia bias. Danielle had to add a role to add partam (remember, it was 14 players initially). 15 allows the addition of one more mafia (since 5 is within the 1/3 range with 15). Unless she RE-randomized the role, it's quite possible partam is a mafia goon.

Danielle doesn't randomise roles; she assigns them to numbers before sign-ups (I'm sure if pressed I could find where she said this...) but I don't know how sound this theory is. 11:4 is a better ratio than 10:5, assuming there are no third parties. Danielle is biased towards mafia because they have to fake claim characters which puts them at a disadvantage and can solely lose them the game. They don't have that set-back in this game.

Jus' sayin'.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:02:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Look at that bandwagon!
I'm almost CERTAIN there is a mafia between F-16, medic and socialpinko.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:03:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:01:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/23/2011 9:52:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I dunno, I'm gonna VTL partam for a role claim

Here's my reasoning: danielle and I both, as mods, have a huge mafia bias. Danielle had to add a role to add partam (remember, it was 14 players initially). 15 allows the addition of one more mafia (since 5 is within the 1/3 range with 15). Unless she RE-randomized the role, it's quite possible partam is a mafia goon.

Danielle doesn't randomise roles; she assigns them to numbers before sign-ups (I'm sure if pressed I could find where she said this...) but I don't know how sound this theory is. 11:4 is a better ratio than 10:5, assuming there are no third parties. Danielle is biased towards mafia because they have to fake claim characters which puts them at a disadvantage and can solely lose them the game. They don't have that set-back in this game.

Jus' sayin'.

Yes, she assigns them to numbers... randomly. At least she did so this game. The question is, did she rerandomize the list after adding another slot.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:07:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
One-third of the field being mafia makes perfect sense in a "classic" mafia game. I've only played in I think one or two other Danielle games. Does she like 3rd party roles??
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:07:41 PM, medic0506 wrote:
One-third of the field being mafia makes perfect sense in a "classic" mafia game. I've only played in I think one or two other Danielle games. Does she like 3rd party roles??

She does use them, definitely. She hates the jester. You can be sure there is no jester in this game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:16:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:02:53 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Look at that bandwagon!
I'm almost CERTAIN there is a mafia between F-16, medic and socialpinko.

It's a Dp1 pressure. I don't think there's necessarily a mafia here, I mean even if the initial reason for pressuring Partam is flawed, we have to start somewhere.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:16:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:09:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/23/2011 10:07:41 PM, medic0506 wrote:
One-third of the field being mafia makes perfect sense in a "classic" mafia game. I've only played in I think one or two other Danielle games. Does she like 3rd party roles??

She does use them, definitely. She hates the jester. You can be sure there is no jester in this game.

Vig on TV, he's jester!!
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:26:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:16:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/23/2011 10:02:53 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Look at that bandwagon!
I'm almost CERTAIN there is a mafia between F-16, medic and socialpinko.

It's a Dp1 pressure. I don't think there's necessarily a mafia here, I mean even if the initial reason for pressuring Partam is flawed, we have to start somewhere.

Please explain to me the advantage of having someone role claim on DP1.
There is no advantage. It simply gives mafia an idea of who to target..
If he is mafia and he fake claims a power role; it either will be counter-claimed, or it won't. If it is, we out a power role and give mafia a target for kill/role-blocking. If it isn't then he lives until he is unable to confirm his power or is found guilty by another power role.
If he is mafia and claims a non-power role (vanilla, miller) it could be days before we come back to investigating him.
If he is town and a power role, great. Worst case scenario right.
If he is town and a non-power role, him claiming doesn't help us either.

It's just BAD. Tomorrow, if we don't have some information from the investigative roles, then we can start scum-hunting. Right now, we should VOTE NO LYNCH
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:27:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:16:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/23/2011 10:09:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/23/2011 10:07:41 PM, medic0506 wrote:
One-third of the field being mafia makes perfect sense in a "classic" mafia game. I've only played in I think one or two other Danielle games. Does she like 3rd party roles??

She does use them, definitely. She hates the jester. You can be sure there is no jester in this game.

Vig on TV, he's jester!!

Don't even joke about that. I hate Jester too; it's far too easy to win.

Just quietly, I'd like to see a game where everyone is the Jester. ;D
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...