Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anarchist mafia Dp5

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:49:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Living players list

1. Andromeda_Z
2. Bluesteel
3. DetectableNinja
4. Quarterexchange

Dead players list

Lickdafoot
You are Laozi. Many anarchists have drawn on your belief in Taoism, or the belief in The Way, thinking that it will lead to anarchism. You see nature as leading to spontaneous organization, without a need for man to establish order. You are a vanilla. You win with the town.

Marauder
You are Eduard Bernstein. While most anarchists are some form of socialist, they are invariably against the evil of State socialism. As one of the most famous proponents of such a system and it's inevitable consequences of beauracracy, you may use that beauracracy to your advantage. Every Np, you may target one player to roleblock. You win with the mafia.

lovelife
You are Johann Most. You are most famous for your support of "propoganda of the deed", which is popularization of anarchist ideals through public violent actions. You are the vigilante and every Np you may choose one player to kill. You win with the town.

Raisor
You are Mikhael Bakunin. You are famous for your federalist and collectivist anarchists views, however the bulk of your work was in the field of secret societies. Every Np you may recruit one player into the International Brotherhood. You are the mason and win with the town.

Marcuscato
You are Bennito Mussolini. As the leader of a fascist State, you have access to and control over an army of secret police. You may utilize your secret police two times over the course of the game to silence another player for the duration of the next Dp.

Tvellalott
You are Kar Marx. While you believed in anarchism as a long term goal, you stand alone among anarchists in favoring authoritarian means to acheive that end. This caused a famous rivalry between you and Mikhael Bakunin who favored libertarian means. You're an anarchist but you are foremost against libertarian means to realize that ideal, making you an enemy of other anarchists, notably Bakunin. Every Np you may target one person to kill. If that person is Bakunin, he will die. If that person is anyone else, they will not die. You win if you successfully kill Bakunin.

Medic0506
You are Benjamin Tucker. Your as famous for your anarchist beliefs as you are for your translations of major anarchist texts. Every Np you may send a player a message, which will be sent by me to that players personal PM. You win with the town.

Logic_on_Rails
You are Jesus Christ. Many anarchists believed your teachings led to anarchist conclusions such as the view by Leo Tolstoy that secular government is invariably unjustified. You are the doctor. As the all poweful son of God, you may use your powers every Np to protect one person from dying. You win with the town.(Changed to survivor on Np3)

F-16
You are Voltarine de Cleyrie. As a popularizer of anarchism without adjectives, you see the world for what it is: anarchists and non-anarchists. You are the town investigator. Every Np you may investigate one player to see whether they are an anarchist or not. You win with the town.

3 votes to lynch.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 12:47:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm suspicious of bluesteel, this seems like a deja vu of the other mafia games I've played with him.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 12:50:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 12:47:18 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm suspicious of bluesteel, this seems like a deja vu of the other mafia games I've played with him.

That may be, but assuming he IS a mafioso, why would he kill someone who trusts him? It doesn't add up. But, then again, that may be what he wants us to think. But, then again....
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 12:54:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 12:50:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:47:18 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm suspicious of bluesteel, this seems like a deja vu of the other mafia games I've played with him.

That may be, but assuming he IS a mafioso, why would he kill someone who trusts him? It doesn't add up. But, then again, that may be what he wants us to think. But, then again....

In Innomen's Soviet Mafia game he led crusades against quite a few of his fellow teammates effectively getting them lynched.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 1:49:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 12:54:04 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:50:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:47:18 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm suspicious of bluesteel, this seems like a deja vu of the other mafia games I've played with him.

That may be, but assuming he IS a mafioso, why would he kill someone who trusts him? It doesn't add up. But, then again, that may be what he wants us to think. But, then again....

In Innomen's Soviet Mafia game he led crusades against quite a few of his fellow teammates effectively getting them lynched.

This is useless WIFOM. None of you respond to the fact that I killed marcus and why (it's was quite brilliant actually).

andromeda, I told you to use your power on me... DID you?

Apparently there was only 1 mafioso left or we'd have lost already.

I'm guessing andro forcibly changed logic's win condition, although I refuse to vote her (yet) since mislynch at this point is a loss.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 1:51:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
spinko skipped andro in the NP (since she wasn't online), which either means:

1) role blocked
2) she has no active power
3) she's mafia and someone chose the kill for her
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 1:52:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 1:51:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:
spinko skipped andro in the NP (since she wasn't online), which either means:

1) role blocked
2) she has no active power
3) she's mafia and someone chose the kill for her

Neither marcus or marauder has been online for this NP. andro is confirmed town.

so is it dninja or QE?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 1:53:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Both of you re-claim in full (paraphrasing your whole role PM).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 2:04:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 1:53:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Both of you re-claim in full (paraphrasing your whole role PM).

Also, QE, justify why you hammered when andro hadn't answered me yet.

And why you didn't claim miller DP1...I know you've played in a game before where someone else did that.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 2:07:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm Rudolf Rocker. I consider myself an "anarchist without adjectives." Because I advocate just anarchism in general, and don't identify with a specific school of thought, I'm a vanilla.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 2:08:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 2:07:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm Rudolf Rocker. I consider myself an "anarchist without adjectives." Because I advocate just anarchism in general, and don't identify with a specific school of thought, I'm a vanilla.

Short, I know, but there isn't much to say, because I'm a 'nilla.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 2:19:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 2:07:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm Rudolf Rocker. I consider myself an "anarchist without adjectives." Because I advocate just anarchism in general, and don't identify with a specific school of thought, I'm a vanilla.

Yet for F-16, the exact same thing enables him to investigate? "As a popularizer of anarchism without adjectives, you see the world for what it is: anarchists and non-anarchists."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 2:23:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 2:19:58 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 2:07:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm Rudolf Rocker. I consider myself an "anarchist without adjectives." Because I advocate just anarchism in general, and don't identify with a specific school of thought, I'm a vanilla.

Yet for F-16, the exact same thing enables him to investigate? "As a popularizer of anarchism without adjectives, you see the world for what it is: anarchists and non-anarchists."

I suppose so. I asked spinko about my role but he said that answering my question about my role would be saying too much.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 4:53:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

N/A
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 7:33:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 4:53:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Vote Count

N/A


geez, subtle reminder from the mod - I know. What do you want us to do, spinko? I'm like 70% sure dninja is the last mafioso, but i don't want to rush things.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 8:47:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 1:51:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:
spinko skipped andro in the NP (since she wasn't online), which either means:

1) role blocked
2) she has no active power
3) she's mafia and someone chose the kill for her

Or that I sent my night action in early, as I said in the thread. DP4, page 5, post 4.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 8:52:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 1:49:34 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:54:04 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:50:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:47:18 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm suspicious of bluesteel, this seems like a deja vu of the other mafia games I've played with him.

That may be, but assuming he IS a mafioso, why would he kill someone who trusts him? It doesn't add up. But, then again, that may be what he wants us to think. But, then again....

In Innomen's Soviet Mafia game he led crusades against quite a few of his fellow teammates effectively getting them lynched.

This is useless WIFOM. None of you respond to the fact that I killed marcus and why (it's was quite brilliant actually).

andromeda, I told you to use your power on me... DID you?

Where did you say that? The only request I saw was from f16, so I used my power on him. I'm sorry if I missed it.

Apparently there was only 1 mafioso left or we'd have lost already.

I'm guessing andro forcibly changed logic's win condition, although I refuse to vote her (yet) since mislynch at this point is a loss.

How would I do that? I'm an evolutionary theorist, I evolve people's roles. Evolution favors those who can adapt best. That seems to fit better with giving people choices so they can pick their win condition than with forcing them into a different win condition. Then they can adapt to the game situations. This is all just speculation of course; I've already summarised my role PM and none of this is in it. I just wanted to explain why you made no sense to me.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 8:54:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 8:52:36 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 11/24/2011 1:49:34 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:54:04 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:50:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:47:18 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm suspicious of bluesteel, this seems like a deja vu of the other mafia games I've played with him.

That may be, but assuming he IS a mafioso, why would he kill someone who trusts him? It doesn't add up. But, then again, that may be what he wants us to think. But, then again....

In Innomen's Soviet Mafia game he led crusades against quite a few of his fellow teammates effectively getting them lynched.

This is useless WIFOM. None of you respond to the fact that I killed marcus and why (it's was quite brilliant actually).

andromeda, I told you to use your power on me... DID you?

Where did you say that? The only request I saw was from f16, so I used my power on him. I'm sorry if I missed it.

Nevermind, this was entirely my mistake. The post was made after I logged of for the night and I came back to see DP5, so I didn't even see the post.

Apparently there was only 1 mafioso left or we'd have lost already.

I'm guessing andro forcibly changed logic's win condition, although I refuse to vote her (yet) since mislynch at this point is a loss.

How would I do that? I'm an evolutionary theorist, I evolve people's roles. Evolution favors those who can adapt best. That seems to fit better with giving people choices so they can pick their win condition than with forcing them into a different win condition. Then they can adapt to the game situations. This is all just speculation of course; I've already summarised my role PM and none of this is in it. I just wanted to explain why you made no sense to me.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 9:33:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am Murray Rothbard....and due to my spport of unrestricted capitalism and private property rights most anarchists see as merely a conservative defender of the status quo. Therefore I am the miller and show up guilty upon investgation.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 10:39:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
ok, whatever, Rothbard is too solid for you to claim it 3rd, given you all know spinko is an-cap. Dninja also has the contradiction with F-16's role and vanilla is a common claim for godfather. VTL dninja I also somewhat believe there is a trick with Rothbard this time because of the other weird characters (Jesus, Laozi).

next time, claim miller on DP1
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:08:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 1:52:49 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 1:51:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Neither marcus or marauder has been online for this NP.

I take offense at your reading my profile and seeing it say 'online now' and deciding I was not on for the nightphase. a night-phase has not gone by without my being online, this rumor that I am inactive has to stop.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:17:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 11:08:43 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 11/24/2011 1:52:49 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 1:51:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Neither marcus or marauder has been online for this NP.


I take offense at your reading my profile and seeing it say 'online now' and deciding I was not on for the nightphase. a night-phase has not gone by without my being online, this rumor that I am inactive has to stop.

The most recent night phase was really short. Neither you, marcus, or andromeda were online for it, which means the last mafioso is QE or dninja.

This is an obvious tactic since I've guessed right...

You're not allowed to talk. Technically, the mod should punish you by just mod-killing the last mafioso and giving us the win.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:55:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 11:17:22 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 11:08:43 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 11/24/2011 1:52:49 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/24/2011 1:51:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Neither marcus or marauder has been online for this NP.


I take offense at your reading my profile and seeing it say 'online now' and deciding I was not on for the nightphase. a night-phase has not gone by without my being online, this rumor that I am inactive has to stop.

The most recent night phase was really short. Neither you, marcus, or andromeda were online for it, which means the last mafioso is QE or dninja.

This is an obvious tactic since I've guessed right...

You're not allowed to talk. Technically, the mod should punish you by just mod-killing the last mafioso and giving us the win.

technically I have not contributed to the discussion pertinent to this threads purpose. I just wanted to point out you are blatently incorrect about when I was or was not on, and spinko could confirm I was on during the nightphase if he wanted to. you could even see the one post I made in the forum that its time matches up with the nightphase in the vote on changes to mod list thread.

I only risk posting because it relates specifically to slandering of my name as not ever being online anymore these days, and it does not contribute to in any negative or positive way to the town. the same people look like mafia as much as they do without my post, but all can know with it I am not gone from DDO, I am as present as I have ever been. I dont want false information about me being used for others agendas. they have enough true information without it that can serve them just fine.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:00:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This thread went up 12 hours ago. You posted 22 hours ago and 2 hours ago.

I remember checking you and you were not online during this NP, which lasted like 30 minutes or something.

I never said you were inactive, that was lovelife. I know you're not marauder. You're a good player who is generally quite active... That doesn't mean you were online for this very short NP (NP4).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:02:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And this kind of seems like a tactic. You're arguing I lied about the NP thing (which I didn't). Supposedly that would help your remaining teammate FOS me in this thread.

You seriously need to stop cheating. This is the second game where you've posted something semi-tactical when you shouldn't have.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:04:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
also mind game tactics from the dead mafia are always so stupid looking. wich is why I do not bother with them. as if one could really cause a misslynch by pretending to slip up about something you said in the mafia thread.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:07:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dude seriously, stop talking. Best case you're spamming the thread, just like any other person who isn't playing. Worse case, you're trying to do something tactical, which is against the rules. It's just WIFOM to say "I would never do X." That's exactly what someone trying to do X would say.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:10:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 12:02:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
And this kind of seems like a tactic. You're arguing I lied about the NP thing (which I didn't). Supposedly that would help your remaining teammate FOS me in this thread.

I dont think that would happen.
You seriously need to stop cheating. This is the second game where you've posted something semi-tactical when you shouldn't have.

what other game are you talking about? the only post I make after death are purely non-tactical. like telling danielle she was taking credit after death where it was not due. thats the last post I remember making after I died and it was not even remotely tactical
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:13:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 12:10:51 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 11/25/2011 12:02:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
And this kind of seems like a tactic. You're arguing I lied about the NP thing (which I didn't). Supposedly that would help your remaining teammate FOS me in this thread.

I dont think that would happen.
You seriously need to stop cheating. This is the second game where you've posted something semi-tactical when you shouldn't have.

what other game are you talking about? the only post I make after death are purely non-tactical. like telling danielle she was taking credit after death where it was not due. thats the last post I remember making after I died and it was not even remotely tactical

Star Trek: kill F-16 next DP when you see that he's lying...

How is that not tactical?

and seriously, wtf are you doing right now...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)