Classic Mafia - DP2

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 10:55:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
== Morristown Messenger, Vol. 346 ==

Morristown residents were stunned this morning to learn about the death of Wendy Peppercorn, a lifelong local who was revered by almost everyone in the community. One neighbor noted that she was a hard working citizen, highly respected by everyone for all of her hard work and dedication. "Wendy was undoubtedly one of the most important people in our community. She will be surely missed."

Unfortunately Peppercorn's life was ended abruptly and seemingly without reason when an unknown assailant broke into her home and smuggled her in her sleep, leaving behind no fingerprints or evidence at all as far as police can tell. Officer Downey commented, "We have a few leads at this time, but I can't comment anymore on the matter until we have more information. One thing's for sure - We know whoever did this must be very sneaky."

Authorities are urging anyone in the community who may have some information to come forward. "This has to be a group effort," Downey notes. "We need to start somewhere, and we're convinced that if we all work together, we can eliminate the threat sooner rather than later. This community's got some pretty smart people. Anyone who knows anything should call and file a report at 1-800-POLICESUK."

== Active Player List ==

01. Drafterman
02. Blackvoid
03. lovelife
04. M.Torres
05. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
06. socialpinko
07. Lordknukle
08. tvellalott
09. Medic
10. Lickdafoot
11. Spritle
12. bluesteel
13. Blackhawk1331
14. PartamRuhem

You need 8 votes to carry out a lynch.

== Graveyard ==

Andromeda_Z: You are Wendy, the watcher. Each night phase you may choose a player to watch. You will be told who, if anyone, visits them during the night. You win with the town.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:04:06 PM
Tracker here.
F-16 visited Andro last night.

Dead on instincts yesterday.

VOTE F-16

Watcher on me tonight.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:05:32 PM
At 11/24/2011 11:04:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Tracker here.
F-16 visited Andro last night.

Dead on instincts yesterday.

VOTE F-16

Watcher on me tonight.

The awkward moment when you type your findings so fast you don't even read Andros role. FML.

Doc on me then.

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:09:44 PM
I am Stacey, the Lie Detector. Last NP, I checked Andro's statement " I win with the town." I got no result. I see now the reason why. I didn't think I had to out myself this early but as I am being accused, I have no choice.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:09:51 PM
At 11/24/2011 10:55:49 PM, Danielle wrote:
Unfortunately Peppercorn's life was ended abruptly and seemingly without reason when an unknown assailant broke into her home and smuggled her in her sleep, leaving behind no fingerprints or evidence at all as far as police can tell. Officer Downey commented, "We have a few leads at this time, but I can't comment anymore on the matter until we have more information. One thing's for sure - We know whoever did this must be very sneaky."

Hmmm... I don't know if this is a clue indicating F-16's innocence?

If you have some protective or investigative role (which you'll no doubt claim you do) why didn't you use it on me, since you said you got a town read on me yesterday...

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:11:55 PM
At 11/24/2011 11:09:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am Stacey, the Lie Detector. Last NP, I checked Andro's statement " I win with the town." I got no result. I see now the reason why. I didn't think I had to out myself this early but as I am being accused, I have no choice.

It's a terrible coincidence that she just happens to have died last night. :/
You can see why I'd want to lynch you.

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:15:52 PM
At 11/24/2011 11:11:55 PM, tvellalott wrote:

It's a terrible coincidence that she just happens to have died last night. :/
You can see why I'd want to lynch you.

I know. Someone was smart enough to kill while making me look guilty. I think the mafia might have a ninja, but even if they don't, I think if someone investigated anyone guilty or me innocent, we might be able to figure out who did this. I am going to go back to DP1 and find out who Andro accused if she accused anyone at all.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:19:00 PM
At 11/24/2011 11:15:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I know. Someone was smart enough to kill while making me look guilty. I think the mafia might have a ninja, but even if they don't, I think if someone investigated anyone guilty or me innocent, we might be able to figure out who did this. I am going to go back to DP1 and find out who Andro accused if she accused anyone at all.

It's hard to regret flying out with my result when you visited her and she turned up dead, BUT, I think Danielle might have given us a clue that it was a ninja who killed Andro, so I'm going to UNVOTE for now...

We need to role test your Lie Detector ability. Anyone have any ideas?

Muh threads
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:27:18 PM
At 11/24/2011 11:19:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:

It's hard to regret flying out with my result when you visited her and she turned up dead, BUT, I think Danielle might have given us a clue that it was a ninja who killed Andro, so I'm going to UNVOTE for now...

I have a few ideas:

1) The cop could check whether I am innocent or guilty, but I might be framed.

2) You could track me again next NP to see that the person I visit doesn't end up dead.

3) This one is from the Anarchist game. If there is a Mason, they can recruit me, and if they don't die, it can confirm me.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:30:15 PM

Well, at this point we are not going to trust anybody, so it's not like we can just say "Check my statement 'I win with the town'".

Until we get someone confirmed that he could check we can't really know, right?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:32:44 PM

I don't see what a ninja has to do with it.... F-16 is undoubtedly not claiming his real character or role, so he could be the assassin or whatever from the OP. But tv, if you're a tracker, what do you think the odds are that the person you just happened to watch just HAPPENED to visit the same person the mafia killed? That doesn't seem very likely. Danielle also doesn't like LD's very much. In her last game (holidays), I easily fake claimed it for that reason.

VTL F-16

Also, his target is nonsense. The LD should have obviously checked the miller claim, since he can see through it but a cop can't. Given there is likely a miller (although I dunno, marauder has made a thing out of fake claiming this), I think there's a cop, which makes an LD even more unlikely in a small game. Danielle really doesn't like to overpower the town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:35:47 PM
Bluesteel is right, we know there is a tracker, a watcher and likely a cop.
It seems highly unlikely there is a LD as well.

VOTE F-16.
Sorry if this is wrong F-16.

Muh threads
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:39:09 PM
At 11/24/2011 11:27:18 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I have a few ideas:

1) The cop could check whether I am innocent or guilty, but I might be framed.

You're already anticipating your next excuse: "I was framed guyyys."

2) You could track me again next NP to see that the person I visit doesn't end up dead.

Danielle usually lets the mafia choose who will carry out the kill. This is easy to avoid - you'll just have someone else carry it out this time.

3) This one is from the Anarchist game. If there is a Mason, they can recruit me, and if they don't die, it can confirm me.

This either a) gets the Mason killed, which is a win for you (compared to getting lynched this DP); b) you're the Mason spy, so this falsely confirms you; or c) there is no Mason, which at best just delays your lynch a day or at worst, multiple DP's (if you fake claim there is a Mason but tell him not to come forward - like tv just did in Anarchist)

All these plans are just typical mafia delay tactics.

I really don't believe that tv's result is just a massive coincidence.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:42:06 PM
Bluesteel, I thought it might be a ninja because Danielle said that the killer was sneaky. I can't explain why I was unlucky, but please don't make the mistake of lynching a townie just because I was unlucky. My role is quite useful and there are plenty of ways to verify it. We should try at least one of them. With the likelihood of mafia framers, this is the only surefire way to beat them. Lynching the LD is a bad loss for the town.

TV, here is what I was talking about last DP. I might as well come out with it. You said that Danielle doesn't like LDs. I was the LD. I thought it was really cool that you threw that comment out there because it might lead to the mafia fake-claiming the LD role. I would then counter-claim and expose them. I let it happen to see if any of them would fake-claim it, but it didn't work out. I knew that either you were wrong or you were trying to trick them. I can be very useful in this game, let's verify me rather than lynch a useful role.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:45:08 PM
I want to wait and see what other people think.
I'm not even sure the LD shows up to the tracker.
Maybe we have another result we can go with.

Muh threads
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:56:59 PM
also, PR, character claim.

I don't think lie detectors visit people - they just check statements. Regardless, there's not going to be 4 investigative roles in a danielle game.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:58:17 PM
... what the hell is a "ninja"? I have never seen one before.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:59:10 PM
@F-16

Are you saying there was no pertinent reason to investigate Andro?

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:00:10 AM

Wait.... does this really explain why he got no result? Why would he say that if he was lying?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:01:01 AM
Okay, let me try and get some clues from the OP.

1) There was no evidence. This is why I thought it was a ninja. Even if there isn't, this directly contradicts the fact that TV tracked me, so if I was mafia, then Danielle would have known that there was evidence that TV tracked me, and wouldn't flat-out claim that there was no evidence in the OP. My guess is that she is trying to give us a clue that the results we got from last NP were skewed as someone else visited Andro and covered their tracks very well.

2) This has to be a group effort and we have to start somewhere. I was the lead that you got, and I believe through the process of trying to verify me, we can get to the real killer. Danielle is practically begging us to understand that the killing is not what it seems. Let's try and find out the answer. It is a group effort and I think that is how Danielle is trying to explain why she put in 4 investigative roles: To get around the framers, ninjas and other mafia roles. If there is no LD, it can be almost impossible to get around a framer. It makes it even worse if there is a reverse framer.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:02:50 AM
At 11/24/2011 11:59:10 PM, M.Torres wrote:
@F-16

Are you saying there was no pertinent reason to investigate Andro?

TV said that the obvious targets should not be investigated. Framers usually can't get the LD but I wanted to be safe just in case and investigate a target that was NOT obvious and would not be likely to be targetted in any way.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:23:02 AM
At 11/25/2011 12:19:58 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
VTL F-16 for the reasons Blue mentioned. Obvious.

Okay, of all the people who VTL'd me, you are the first one who gave no reasons. If you look at the OP and read my response, you would note that it is not obvious at all. The obvious answer is wrong because I didn't kill Andro and the OP is trying to tell that to everyone. Killing the Lie Detector is also a really bad idea.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:39:17 AM
Sh1t. Unvote.

My result got buried in all my pm's. I'm the Jack of All Trades. I investigated Lickdafoot last night. Danielle literally told me that she is aligned with the mafia.

F-16 can wait. My result is extremely direct.

VTL Lickdafoot
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:48:31 AM
At 11/25/2011 12:39:17 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Sh1t. Unvote.

My result got buried in all my pm's. I'm the Jack of All Trades. I investigated Lickdafoot last night. Danielle literally told me that she is aligned with the mafia.

VTL Lickdafoot

Cool, unvote - VTL lickdafoot

It'd also be cool if you could vig kill F-16 this NP and save us the trouble of dealing with him next DP
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 12:52:21 AM
At 11/25/2011 12:48:31 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/25/2011 12:39:17 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Sh1t. Unvote.

VTL Lickdafoot

Cool, unvote - VTL lickdafoot

It'd also be cool if you could vig kill F-16 this NP and save us the trouble of dealing with him next DP

You are kidding, right? Why would you want to vig-kill me when I am not the one who did it? Seriously, are you just mafia or do you have a grudge?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 1:17:02 AM
At 11/25/2011 1:13:28 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
F-16 are you going to explain why you haven't voted LDF? That should have been the first thing you did.

I will, once I figure out why Blue is more intent on killing me than finding out a way to confirm the LD. I don't want to be a Vig-casualty.