Jump to topic:

Beginner's 2.4 Endgame

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:43:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the dead of the night on the sixth day of the war, a ninja sneaks into Don Corleone's house. Salvatore Tessio standing guard does not see him. He goes right to Don Corleone and before the godfather knows what is happening, the Ninja grabs his gun and shots at the Don's bulletproof vest leaving the Don defenseless. The Don holds court on the eighth day between two people that are still left alive to find out who the traitor is. Salvatore Tessio honestly claims that no one had visited the Don on the sixth night of the epic war. The Don knows this to be false. He draws his gun and shots Salvatore Tessio in the head. As Tessio blows to pieces and night falls, the Ninja shots the now defenseless Don. The Corleone family are all dead. The Ninja brings more of his team into the Corleone family's house that they conquered and now rule.

MAFIA WINS!!!

The mafia are Bluesteel, Spritle, Drafterman, and Blackvoid.

Here are the role PMs. I gave the godfather roles to Medic and Bluesteel, the third party role to Mestari, and the JOAT to Partam. All other roles were randomzed using the randomizer.

Mafia Role PMs:

All new godfather's inherit all the godfather's powers. The mafia as a whole has one day kill during DP6.

Bluesteel: you are Don Anthony Soprano, the soprano godfather. You show innocent on cop investigations but not LDs. You have the power to have any mafia player make the mafia kill including yourself. On 2/3rds of the night phases, you can steal any player's role and use it on any other player. (You do not have this power on NP 2,5,8.) You cannot be lynched on DPs 2,5,8. If you make a statement saying "I win with the town" or "I win with the Corleones" and the Lie Detector checks such a statement on NP1 or NP2, it will come back true. You win with the Soprano family (mafia).

Spritle: Spritle, you are Christopher Moltisanti, the soprano caporegime and Stalker. You are the second in command. On alternate nights, you may stalk a player. The power(s) that they had available that night will be revealed to you at the end of the Night Phase. You win with the Soprano family (mafia).

Drafterman: you are Bobby Baccalieri, the Soprano Soldato and role-blocker. You can role-block any player every NP. You are the third in command. You win with the Soprano family (mafia).

Blackvoid: You are Silvio Dante, the Soprano Consigliere and the Ninja. None of your actions can be tracked by a tracker, watcher etc. You are the fourth in command. You win with the Soprano family (mafia).

Town Role PMs

The second in command inherits the godfather's powers.

Medic: you are Don Vito Corleone. During the first two Night Phases, you cannot be killed. You have a bullet-proof vest which will be activated starting NP3. Once it is activated, it will protect you from one night-kill after which it will shatter. These protections do not apply to lynches, you can be lynched anytime. During the Night-phase, you can choose to kill a player every alternate night. Your role is similar to a vig but because you are the Don, your kills for the Corleone family are the official kills, not vigilante kills. Use them wisely. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Raisor1: Raisor, you are Luca Brasi, the Corleone Doctor. You can choose to protect someone every even night from kills only. Kills attempted against that person will fail. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Andromeda_Z (Raisor2): you are Tom Hagen, the Corleone Lie Detector. On even nights you can check statements made during any DP. You will be told if they are true or false. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Blackhawk: you are Pete Clemenza, the Corleone Bodyguard. You can choose to protect someone every odd night from any action. If a kill is attempted on that player, you take a gunshot for them. After two gunshots, you die in the place of the second person. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Lickdafoot: you are Sonny Corleone, the Corleone second in command. On odd nights, you may choose to investigate a player. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Logic_on_Rails: you are Connie Corleone, the Corleone Tracker. You can track someone on odd nights. You will be told which player they visited if any but not what action they performed on the player they visited. You win with the Corleone family (town).

PartamRuhem: you are Michael Corleone, the youngest son of Don Vito Corleone. The first time the mafia visits you, you get a one-shot kill. The first time an investigative role visits you, you get a one-shot double LD, the first time that you are protected, you get a one-shot protect. You have a bulletproof vest so the first kill attempt on you will fail. After NP2, if it wasn't used, it will be discarded. If you manage to get the mafia to attempt murder on you, and break the bulletproof vest within the first two Night Phases, then I will tell you who (DDO screen name of the person) that broke it. If not, the vest is gone anyways after NP2.

Once you have obtained all three powers, the next NP, you can choose three living players. I will pick one of the 3 and give you their role. This will make them a vanilla and all their powers will come to you. You will retain your one-shot abilities until you actually attempt to use them. You win with the Corleone family (town).

jm_notguilty: you are Johnny Fontane, the Corleone Voyeur. On even nights, you can choose a player and will be told what action was performed on them but not who performed the action. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Marcuscato: you are Fredo Corleone, the Corleone Follower. You can follow someone on odd nights. You will be told what action a player performed but not who the player targeted. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Crede(replaced by Marauder) (now replaced by Raisor3): you are Salvatore Tessio, the Corleone Watcher. You can watch someone on even nights. You will be told if any player visited them and if so, who visited that player. You win with the Corleone family (town).

Third Party Role PM

Mestari (replaced by Lovelife): you are Frank Vinci, a third party. Your win condition is to lead a lynch against 3 townies and remain alive at the end of the game. You cannot be night-killed, but you can be lynched. The first time that you are lynched, your affiliation will not be made public. You will simply re-enter the game in the next Day Phase with no explanation whatsoever as to why you returned. The second lynch will kill you and expose your role.

Summary of roles:

Mafia:

1) Bluesteel - GF, Role steal on all NPs except 2,5,8, LD immune on NP1 and NP2
2) Spritle - Stalk alternate nights
3) Drafterman - Roleblock every night
4) Blackvoid - Ninja

Town

Odd nights
1) Lickdafoot - Odd night COP
2) Logic_on_rails - Odd night TRACKER
3) Blackhawk1331 - Odd night BODYGUARD
4) Marcuscato - Odd night FOLLOWER

Even Nights
5) Andromeda_Z - Even night LD
6) Raisor - Even night DOCTOR
7) jm_notguilty - Even night VOYEUR
8) Crede - Even night WATCHER

Other
9) Medic - Alternate night VIG, bulletproof NP1, NP2, one shot bulletproof after that.
10) PartamRuhem - Starts out as vanilla, gains powers.

For the night actions, I only posted the actions of the available roles for that night.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:43:46 AM
Night Actions for NP1:

Mafia

1) Bluesteel chooses to not use his role-redirect.

2) Spritle stalks Lickdafoot. Learns that: On NP1, Lickdafoot had the ability to investigate a player innocent or guilty.

3) Drafterman roleblocks Partam. Partem receives a one-shot kill ability.

4) Blackvoid attempts to kill Medic. The kill fails.

Town

1) Medic chooses to pass on using his kill.

2) Logic tracks Raisor. Finds out that Raisor visited no one on NP1.

3) Blackhawk bodyguards Medic. He takes a gunshot.

4) Marcuscato follows Crede. Finds out that Crede performed no action on NP1.

5) Lickdafoot investigates Logic. Finds out that Logic is innocent.

DP2: Raisor1 is lynched.

Night Actions for NP2

Mafia

1) Bluesteel has no role-redirect ability on NP2.

2) Spritle has no stalking ability since he already used it NP1.

3) Drafterman roleblocks Partam.

4) Blackvoid attempts to kill Mestari. The kill fails as Mestari is bulletproof.

Town

1) Medic kills Spritle. The kill is successful.

2) jm_notguilty uses Voyeur action on Bluesteel. Finds out that Bluesteel's statement "I win with the Corleones" was lie detected.

3) Crede watches Lickdafoot. Finds out that no one visited Lickdafoot on NP2.

4) Andro (Raisor2) Lie Detects Bluesteel "I win with the Corleones." Finds out that it is true as Bluesteel is immune from Lie Detects in the first two NPs.

DP3: Ends in a no lynch

NP3 Night Actions:

Mafia

1) Bluesteel role-steals PR's vig power. He is unsuccessful because BH bodyguards PR from ALL night actions.

2) Drafterman roleblocks Lickdafoot.

3) Blackvoid Kills Raisor2.

Town

1) Medic has no night action.

2) Logic tracks PartamRuhem. Finds out that PR visited Drafterman on NP3.

3) Blackhawk bodyguards Partam. PR gets a one-shot protect ability.

4) Marcuscato follows Lickdafoot. Finds out that Lickdafoot investigated another player on NP3.

5) Lickdafoot investigates Drafterman. Gets no result as Drafterman is killed.

6) Partam kills Drafterman.

DP4: Bluesteel is lynched

Night Actions for NP4:

Mafia

1) Blackvoid kills Blackhawk. Steals PR's protect ability and uses it to protect PR.

Town

1) Medic attempts to kill Lovelife. Fails because Lovelife is bulletproof.

2) jm_notguilty uses Voyeur action on Blackvoid. Finds out that no one performed any action on Blackvoid. Blackvoid is immune anyway so it would get the same result even if someone did perform an action on Blackvoid.

3) Raisor3 watches LoR. Finds out that no one visited LoR on NP4.

4) PartamRuhem is unable to use his power as it was stolen by Blackvoid.

DP5: The lynch of Lovelife fails.

NP5 Night Actions:

Mafia

1) Blackvoid Kills Lickdafoot. (Has no role-steal ability NP5)

Town

1) Medic has no night action.

2) Logic tracks Blackvoid. Finds out that Blackvoid visited no one on NP5 as Blackvoid can't be tracked.

3) Marcuscato follows Blackvoid. Finds out that Blackvoid performed no action on NP5 as Blackvoid can't be followed.

4) Lickdafoot is checks Blackvoid. She is killed so gets no results.

DP6, Lovelife is lynched.
DP6, Logic is day killed.

Night Actions for NP6:

Mafia

1) Blackvoid kills PartamRuhem. He role-steals Medic's vig power and uses it on Medic. Medic is notified that his bulletproof vest has shattered.

Town

1) Medic attempts to kill Blackvoid. Fails because BV stole Medic's role and uses it on Medic shattering his bulletproof vest.

2) jm_notguilty uses Voyeur action on Blackvoid. Finds out that no one performed any action on Blackvoid. Blackvoid is immune anyway so it would get the same result even if someone did perform an action on Blackvoid.

3) Raisor3 watches Medic. Finds out that no one visited Medic on NP4. (Blackvoid cannot be watched.)

DP7: jm_notguilty is lynched.

NP7 Night Actions:

Mafia

1) Blackvoid kills Marcuscato. Role-steals Medic and uses it on Medic which has no effect as Medic has no power available.

The people still left are Raisor3, Medic and Blackvoid.

DP8: Raisor3 is lynched.

Medic and Blackvoid are left. The mafia wins!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:51:37 AM
At 11/25/2011 10:50:29 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Also, why did f16 rush through the last few phases?

What reason was there to not rush. Once everyone finished their night actions, I started the new Day Phase. The game would either die due to inactivity or go very fast.
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:54:58 AM
At 11/25/2011 10:51:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:50:29 AM, marcuscato wrote:
Also, why did f16 rush through the last few phases?

What reason was there to not rush. Once everyone finished their night actions, I started the new Day Phase. The game would either die due to inactivity or go very fast.

I got the feeling people the game was being pushed forward without giving people time to give their night actions. The ninja was a cool role.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:57:32 AM
At 11/25/2011 10:56:43 AM, PartamRuhem wrote:
I FRICKEN KNEW IT! I wasn't lying that whole game, and I am pretty sure I called like every mafioso!.

UGH

I believed you PR : (
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:59:35 AM
At 11/25/2011 10:55:39 AM, Raisor wrote:
Man wtf. I think you guys like killing me just for the hell of it.

You were the only one we were confident we could kill.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:01:10 AM
At 11/25/2011 10:57:32 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:56:43 AM, PartamRuhem wrote:
I FRICKEN KNEW IT! I wasn't lying that whole game, and I am pretty sure I called like every mafioso!.

UGH

I believed you PR : (

we are the ultimate mafia team raisor
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:07:50 AM
I f---ing hate that damn ninja, especially when it's combined with the mafia GF powers. You can't detect it, you can't vig kill it, you can't lynch it, it skews our investigative results, and it steals the town's roles. How do you win against that?? BS thought the town was overpowered, hardly??

Since he couldn't steal my role in np 8, and I would have had a kill with the target obvious, the game should have ended in a tie.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:08:19 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:01:57 AM, drafterman wrote:
5,000 awesome points to BV for pulling this off, BTW.

frickin ninjas man
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:12:27 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:07:50 AM, medic0506 wrote:
I f---ing hate that damn ninja, especially when it's combined with the mafia GF powers. You can't detect it, you can't vig kill it, you can't lynch it, it skews our investigative results, and it steals the town's roles. How do you win against that?? BS thought the town was overpowered, hardly??

Since he couldn't steal my role in np 8, and I would have had a kill with the target obvious, the game should have ended in a tie.

You can vig kill it, he just stole your power that time, not knowing you were a vig.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:12:44 AM
Sorry Raisor but the fact that you couldn't detect my role being stolen is what caused me to vote against you. I had no clue that BV could be that powerful. Apparently we'd have lost anyway because we couldn't have lynched him.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:14:53 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:12:27 AM, drafterman wrote:

You can vig kill it, he just stole your power that time, not knowing you were a vig.

Exactly, you can't vig kill it if it's stealing your kill. There was no way for us to beat him. He couldn't be lynched this phase either.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:17:38 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:14:53 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Exactly, you can't vig kill it if it's stealing your kill. There was no way for us to beat him. He couldn't be lynched this phase either.

Actually Medic, BV does not have the role-steal ability on NP8. If you had a failed lynch of BV, you would have won. All you had to do was vig-kill BV.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:19:27 AM
I have no idea why blue thought town was overpowered. Town had a lot of investigators but half the mafia seemed to be confirmed through investigation (blue and BV).
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:21:04 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:12:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Sorry Raisor but the fact that you couldn't detect my role being stolen is what caused me to vote against you. I had no clue that BV could be that powerful. Apparently we'd have lost anyway because we couldn't have lynched him.

You should have waited for me to reply before lynching at least...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:23:26 AM

Sorry, I thought you meant there was no circumstances under which he could be vig killed.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:23:42 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:19:27 AM, Raisor wrote:
I have no idea why blue thought town was overpowered. Town had a lot of investigators but half the mafia seemed to be confirmed through investigation (blue and BV).

I think it was part of the act to confirm blackvoid
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:24:52 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:17:38 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Actually Medic, BV does not have the role-steal ability on NP8. If you had a failed lynch of BV, you would have won. All you had to do was vig-kill BV.

That's what I'm saying, he couldn't steal my kill so how is the game over?? We should have ended up killing each other in the np, ending in a tie, which means we have to play the game over so there's a winner. :)
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:25:23 AM
Yeah I shouldn't take too much credit for the W. After blue's godfather role was passed onto me my powers were pretty much unstoppable. Any decent player could kill a lot of townies with it.

PR you're a beast. You pretty much identified all the mafia from the start. Even when I had all kinds of confirmations on me you still knew something was up. If your role wasn't so crazy maybe Medic would have believed you. But seriously, I don't now how you did it.

More coming later.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:26:15 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:23:42 AM, PartamRuhem wrote:

I think it was part of the act to confirm blackvoid

No Blue legitimately thought town was overpowered. He was going on about it in the mafia PM too.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:27:20 AM
I think the game was filled with mistakes and bad luck on both sides.

First, we had the bad luck in targeting protected people two nights in a row.
Second, I made the mistake of taking PR's bait and enabling his vig power.

The town had bad luck at the end when lovelife revealed herself, distracting the town away from the mafia. But they should have listened to PR.

ALL of the mafia was in on that lynch of Raisor. I don't necessarily agree with calling attention to that, even if it was only to say that 3(2+) mafia were in that list, but given that medic, logic, blackhawk and PR were all pretty much confirmed to each other it should have been a shorter game.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:33:14 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:21:04 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 11/25/2011 11:12:44 AM, medic0506 wrote:

You should have waited for me to reply before lynching at least...

When I gave my role claim, I lied about when I could be killed. The way I wrote it made it look like I couldn't be killed until round 10. I did that just to see if it would get a reaction from either of you that might indicate guilt. I obviously thought BV was guilty because I tried to kill him the previous night. But when I saw that inconsistency about your results, that sold me. You couldn't have convinced me that BV had that much power.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:41:23 AM
At 11/25/2011 11:25:23 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Yeah I shouldn't take too much credit for the W. After blue's godfather role was passed onto me my powers were pretty much unstoppable. Any decent player could kill a lot of townies with it.

PR you're a beast. You pretty much identified all the mafia from the start. Even when I had all kinds of confirmations on me you still knew something was up. If your role wasn't so crazy maybe Medic would have believed you. But seriously, I don't now how you did it.

More coming later.

Yeah that role claim was tough to believe. It took every bit of restraint I could muster to keep from vig killing PR, after I killed Squirtle. That extra kill made no sense if PR was lying though so I opted to go after Lovelife instead.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:45:47 AM

Town was not AS overpowered as I thought. But I'll explain why I thought it was overpowered, and mostly it was.

Okay, so we first tried to kill medic, who I knew was Don (since F-16 told me he did not assign me my role randomly). That failed (because of blackhawk). Even if not for blackhawk, it would have failed. NP2 we tried to kill mestari (lovelife), which also failed. It seemed like it was impossible for us to kill anyone (although we were also getting somewhat unlucky). drafterman RB'ed partam, even though I told him partam's "plan" was a trap. So PR got a vig kill. On the night drafterman died, I tried to steal the vig kill and use it to kill PR, but that failed (because blackhawk's protection negated ALL negative actions). Lastly, F-16 told you guys that 3 of us were in the lynch against raisor1. That was ridiculously unfair and ensured that 3 of us would likely all die. When I was thinking of a fake claim, it appeared that literally every role was assigned to a townie. F-16 said he initially DID way overpower the town, but tv made him change a bunch of roles to only working on even or odd nights. The problem with that though is almost every role was taken, which left us nothing to fake claim in a small game. Normally I hate claiming vanilla. Let's review: cop was taken, watcher was taken, tracker was taken (twice), vig was taken, JOAT was taken, doctor was taken, bodyguard was taken, and bulletproof seemed to be taken too (by the third party). Lastly, the third party had a bunch of info on us that she told you, which could have further screwed us. She told you we had no recruiting ability, so we couldn't claim that anyone who was confirmed was guilty. She also told you we had a day kill on DP6, which meant had any of us survived, we couldn't have fake claimed a day vig power.

Those of you that say blackvoid was overpowered are dead wrong. Once he fake claimed flavored watcher it actually became a PROBLEM that you guys couldn't track him because marcus or logic would have seen him as "visiting no one" so all these plans you guys hatched to confirm BV would have proven he was lying because of his role (which is why we had to waste a day kill on logic instead of medic or someone else).

As to godfather being passed on, that's how the game works. It's not that useful when all the townies who actually do investigate you (like raisor2) refuse to actually confirm you when suspicion is on you. I played pretty retardedly this game to try to get investigated, and it did nothing but hurt me because I looked guilty all game and couldn't get PR off my @ss.

Anyways, the following overpowered the town:
1) all roles were taken except lie detector - nothing to fake claim
2) you were told a list of 8 people that the mod guaranteed contained 3 mafiosos
3) the town Don basically couldn't be killed
4) blackhawk was too powerful given that he negated all our role effects (without it costing him his life)
5) the third party was too powerful and given ridiculous amounts of info on the mafia

It should be obvious now though that my complaint in the DP was an attempt to help blackvoid, although it was heartfelt. The only plus side on the "3 mafia in raisor1's lynch" thing was that we figured out early on that if we all died except one, it would make the last one appear innocent. That's why I hatched the plan for blackvoid to bus me.

We also came really close to losing medic. Blackvoid wanted to just sign off and go to sleep (and rely on being lynch proof DP8) but I urged him to try to get either you or raisor3 lynched before he left, so the other could hammer if they were convinced. After we both discussed it, blackvoid landed on you as the more likely person to VTL the other (given the info about "3 mafia voted for raisor1").

This game was anything but impossible. Marcus basically cc'ed blackvoid as soon as he claimed. He also said something about blackvoid NOT having visited logic, but no one picked up on that. And he caused a mislynch, but instead of lynching him you lynched raisor3. I guess technically if the mod didn't "call it" (like most mods do) when the number of mafia equals that of town, then medic would have killed BV, but if the game worked like that, we could never ever have won, since we couldn't kill medic (or if we could, it could take up to 4 NP's).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)