Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Anarchist mafia endgame

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:10:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Town players and roles

Lickdafoot
You are Laozi. Many anarchists have drawn on your belief in Taoism, or the belief in The Way, thinking that it will lead to anarchism. You see nature as leading to spontaneous organization, without a need for man to establish order. You are a vanilla. You win with the town.

lovelife
You are Johann Most. You are most famous for your support of "propoganda of the deed", which is popularization of anarchist ideals through public violent actions. You are the vigilante and every Np you may choose one player to kill. You win with the town.

Np1: Killed Marauer
Np2: Killed(chose no kill)

Raisor
You are Mikhael Bakunin. You are famous for your federalist and collectivist anarchists views, however the bulk of your work was in the field of secret societies. Every Np you may recruit one player into the International Brotherhood. You are the mason and win with the town.

Np1: Recruited Tvellalott
Np2: Killed (chose to recruit Quarterexchange)

Logic
You are Jesus Christ. Many anarchists believed your teachings led to anarchist conclusions such as the view by Leo Tolstoy that secular government is invariably unjustified. You are the doctor. As the all poweful son of God, you may use your powers every Np to protect one person from dying. You win with the town.

Np1: Bluesteel
Np2: Himself
Np3: Evolved by Andro and chose Survivor

Medic0506
You are Benjamin Tucker. Your as famous for your anarchist beliefs as you are for your translations of major anarchist texts. Every Np you may send a player a message, which will be sent by me to that players personal PM. You win with the town.

Np1: Sent message to DetectableNinja. It read: "Hello DN, it's Medic. Good to see you playing again. You and one other person will now be able to verify my role claim if needed."
Np2: Sent message to Marcuscato. It read: "Hey Marcus, it's Medic, I am Benjamin Tucker and I win with the town."
Np3: Sent message to Andromeda_Z. It read: "Hey Andro, it's Medic. Not really sure what good these messages are but at least you can confirm that I have this ability. I'm Benjamin Tucker, townie. I've contacted Dninja, Marcus the night he died, now you. You're the only live player to know my character though."

Andromeda_Z
You are Peter Kropotkin. Besides being perhaps the most influential anarchist theorist to date, you were also famous in your time as an evolutionary theorist. Every Np you may target one player to 'evolve' their role. Be aware though, for your power will also have effects on mafiosos! You win with the town.(Was not told: Every odd Np, whoever she uses her role on will be given an optional affiliation change along with their evolution.)

Np1: Targeted Lickdafoot(though she died)
Np2: Targeted TV(he would have been given an extra choice, but he chose right the first time)
Np3: Targeted Logic(changed to Survivor)
Np4: Targeted F-16(his cop roles was changed so that he was not affected by investigative-handicapped roles like GF or miller)

F-16
You are Voltarine de Cleyrie. As a popularizer of anarchism without adjectives, you see the world for what it is: anarchists and non-anarchists. You are the town investigator. Every Np you may investigate one player to see whether they are an anarchist or not. You win with the town.

Np1: lovelife
Np2: Bluesteel
Np3: Logic
Np4: Bluesteel

Bluesteel
You are Pierre-Joseph Proudhon. Your contribution to anarchist theory is far reaching and today you are seen as a powerhouse as a political philosopher. Your views on mutualism, worker's associations, and peaceful revolution have influenced generations of An-syndicalists, An-communists, and An-pacifists. You are the JOAT. You are a one-shot vigilante, cop, and roleblocker. You win with the town.

Np1: Investigated Marauder
Np2: Killed Marcuscato
Np3: Roleblocked DNinja

Quarterexchange
You are Murray Rothbard. You were perhaps one of the most influential anti-state philosophers of the twentieth century. However, due to your support of unrestricted capitalism and private property rights most anarchists see you as merely a conservative defender of the status quo. You are the miller and show up guilty upon investigation. You win with the town.

Mafia players and roles

Marauder
You are Eduard Bernstein. While most anarchists are some form of socialist, they are invariably against the evil of State socialism. As one of the most famous proponents of such a system and it's inevitable consequences of beauracracy, you may use that beauracracy to your advantage. Every Np, you may target one player to roleblock. You win with the mafia.

Np1: Quarterexchange

DetectableNinja
You are the State. While the most poweful institution of aggression, barely anyone seems to realize your lack of moral justfication. You are the Godfather and show up innocent upon ivnestigation. You are also controller of legitimized aggression and violence in your general jurisdiction, you have the final say on the mafia's kill every night. You win with the mafia.

Marcuscato
You are Bennito Mussolini. As the leader of a fascist State, you have access to and control over an army of secret police. You may utilize your secret police two times over the course of the game to silence another player for the duration of the next Dp.

Np1: No one
Np2: Died(chose to silence Bluesteel)

=================================================================

Np1: Mafia killed Lickdafoot
Np2: Mafia killed lovelife

Third party players and roles

Tvellalott
You are Kar Marx. While you believed in anarchism as a long term goal, you stand alone among anarchists in favoring authoritarian means to acheive that end. This caused a famous rivalry between you and Mikhael Bakunin who favored libertarian means. You're an anarchist but you are foremost against libertarian means to realize that ideal, making you an enemy of other anarchists, notably Bakunin. Every Np you may target one person to kill. If that person is Bakunin, he will die. If that person is anyone else, they will not die. You win if you successfully kill Bakunin.

Np1: Targeted DNinja
Np2: Targeted Raisor
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:11:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Winners:

1st place- Tvellalott

2nd place- Town
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:18:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I haven't paid any attention to this game at all, but just in looking at this:

"Every Np you may target one person to kill. If that person is Bakunin, he will die. If that person is anyone else, they will not die. You win if you successfully kill Bakunin."

This is why I was hesitant to play this game. First, it seemed like an EASY win for the town based on character claims (which. I. hate.). I can't prove that's what happened, cuz I didn't keep up with the game so I have no idea - but my guess is character claims had a lot to do with the outcome.

Second, tv's role was bogus because upon someone claiming Bauknin (which one would have to do at some point - presumably sooner rather than later), then all he had to do was target them at night. Easiest 1st place win condition ever besides jester.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:30:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1st, agree with danielle - I hate all third parties except serial killers.

2nd - TOLD you logic and F-16. I wasn't mafia.

3rd - I should get a shout-out. Firstly, I lied about having protective abilities, but this lie managed to keep me alive. Second, I had only 3 role actions - an investigate, a kill, and a roleblock. I used ALL three on the three mafiosos.

NP1 - investigate marauder
NP2 - kill marcus
NP3 - role block dninja

lol. Kind of funny that marauder would have been screwed, even if lovelife didn't kill him.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:32:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 7:30:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
1st, agree with danielle - I hate all third parties except serial killers.

You dont think SK puts serious randomness into the game? Just look at what happened in your Dexter game.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:32:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, medic sent messages to two mafiosos the first two NP's.

also, logic, why would you CHOOSE to be converted. This game would have been far easier if you didn't do that.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:35:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 7:32:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/25/2011 7:30:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
1st, agree with danielle - I hate all third parties except serial killers.

You dont think SK puts serious randomness into the game? Just look at what happened in your Dexter game.

Sure, it's random. Use it wisely as a mod. But at least the win condition isn't easy (kill everyone) but it's also not impossible. Third party wins are either too easy (get lynched, kill player X, etc) or too hard (lead 4 lynches, ie be the first person to vote [Mob Wars 2.4], survive, etc). And they really skew the game if you're not careful, since they can help the mafia win. Spinko had the right instincts by having only 3 mafia. Had logic converted himself with 4 mafia (starting out - 2 remaining), mafia would have won merely because of his antics.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:38:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
also, tv, if you'd been slightly more honest and less jestery, we could have not lynched you, which would have helped the town. Instead you helped the mafia by forcing us to lynch you.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 7:45:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I knew it was gonna happen. Especially after being left high and dry...as godfather...for the second time I've been mafia.....yeah, I don't really play AS mafia too well.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:15:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I admit my win condition was extremely easy. I think I should have had to survive to the end game as well or had to kill him on a specific night phase, just to make it more difficult. Gg everyone.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:29:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Firstly, apologies to Blue, I was wrong. I mostly suspected him because I didn't think there'd be a JOAT, vig, cop and doc. I was wrong.

Now, why did I choose to be survivor? As you may have noticed, I joined late and hadn't done much, so I felt just tagging along with town was a pretty cheap way to win. Secondly, I wanted a challenge (which nobody seemed to believe) . I said to Social in my role PM that my move was likely suicide (I didn't expect to be immediately investigated though) . Also, I'm not a huge fan of Mafia to town splits (personal level) as it screws all previous things up. I much prefer a clash between town and Mafia where it gets to a critical point and it's a question of whether the Mafia deceptions hold up.

Good work by Social on the characters though - definite improvement over the previous game with regard to the ability to claim. Things like my character were quite unusual.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:44:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I admit that TV's win condition was unusually easy. The reason I even created the character was to handicap the town just a bit. Other town handicaps were Andro's unknown odd Np flavored power and the crazy sounding characters Laozi and Jesus Christ. I thought I kind of balanced that out though since Andro's power would have really helped out most townies if she has targeted them on an even Np and since there was a cop, a doc, a vig, and a JOAT. Here are the more powerful evolution effects I decided on for even Np's.

lovelife- If she targets a townie, they will not die
Bluesteel- Can refill any already used JOAT power
F-16_Fighting_Falcon- Is not handicapped by roles such as GF or miller
Raisor- Is assured that his recruit is town
Logic- Becomes BP along with his doc power
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:50:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
wow cool. Both F-16 and I guessed how andro's power would work on us.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:12:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Logic you cant have both a challenge as survivor and try and mod the game yourself so that town and mafia are neck and neck at the end to miss lynch or have a town win.

either you try to suvive or you as survior cause town to lynch you leaving them neck and neck with mafia.

@Spinko

How did Tv die? after reading what everones night actions were I dont see where he was ever targeted to be killed or any roles that indicated he should have died from there own effects somehow. its as if once his role objective was fufilled you just spawn killed him, but that was not in his role discription. did you mean to put it in there?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:15:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 11:12:19 PM, Marauder wrote:
Logic you cant have both a challenge as survivor and try and mod the game yourself so that town and mafia are neck and neck at the end to miss lynch or have a town win.

either you try to suvive or you as survior cause town to lynch you leaving them neck and neck with mafia.

@Spinko

How did Tv die? after reading what everones night actions were I dont see where he was ever targeted to be killed or any roles that indicated he should have died from there own effects somehow. its as if once his role objective was fufilled you just spawn killed him, but that was not in his role discription. did you mean to put it in there?

Tv was lynched Dp3 after he claimed Kropotkin and Andromeda_Z counter-claimed.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:19:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 7:30:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
1st, agree with danielle - I hate all third parties except serial killers.

2nd - TOLD you logic and F-16. I wasn't mafia.

3rd - I should get a shout-out. Firstly, I lied about having protective abilities, but this lie managed to keep me alive. Second, I had only 3 role actions - an investigate, a kill, and a roleblock. I used ALL three on the three mafiosos.

NP1 - investigate marauder
NP2 - kill marcus
NP3 - role block dninja

lol. Kind of funny that marauder would have been screwed, even if lovelife didn't kill him.

you would have had to claim JOAT right away to out me, and thats after you take the assumption you did not target the miller or I was not framed. JOAT claims are not usally trusted very quickly by the town anyway. I would have had a little time to stall to claim something that might account for your investigation.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:36:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@lovelife:
dont ever do that again! you have shown yourself to be incapable of knowing what a inactive player is or how to handle them

@bluesteel:
you read times of post wrong somehow cause I know I was online for that nightphase.

@detectninja:
dont beat yourself up, you were the most helpfull of my teamates after I abruptly was vig killed without warrent. you low radar playing style was good early on in avoiding attaintion enough to let the town above the radar eat each other, but when it gets to the end that useally causes the town to focus on you then I have learned for 'claiming last'. you did all you could when your claim backfired due to role descriptions and it probably could have helped more if you were a little more incestant or repetitious with your case.
Also while I provided optional routes to go with each of the towns on FOS'ing them for a misslynch, I did not mean for you to do it all at once. in one post and then just argue 'well you did not read my post' when town was not convinced yet. pick someone and stick with them for a little while.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:41:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
good game to all though
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 9:24:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
@marauder

I actually was surprised by how much dninja was suddenly posting. I thought his commitment was very pro town. I convinced myself it wasn't though because 1) he lurked earlier in the game, so it seemed out of character and 2) he kept using phrases like "I would assert" (that the last mafioso is QE). It's like he was afraid to actually just lie.

But yeah, that one single post with all the FOS against me and andromeda in it seemed really scummy, given he ended up VTLing QE.

I have to say though marauder, you did a great job coaching your teammates.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 11:09:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/26/2011 9:24:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
@marauder

I actually was surprised by how much dninja was suddenly posting. I thought his commitment was very pro town. I convinced myself it wasn't though because 1) he lurked earlier in the game, so it seemed out of character and 2) he kept using phrases like "I would assert" (that the last mafioso is QE). It's like he was afraid to actually just lie.

But yeah, that one single post with all the FOS against me and andromeda in it seemed really scummy, given he ended up VTLing QE.

I have to say though marauder, you did a great job coaching your teammates.

I thought it was funny when he checked with me first to make sure a claim wouldn't offend me lol.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.