Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Classic Mafia - DP4

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 8:47:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
== Morristown Messenger, Vol. 348 ==

Tragedy struck Morristown again last night when one of the community's most active members, Tom Smith, was found murdered between the corners of Elm and Oak Street. According to investigators, Sawyer was attempting to follow one he believed to be a potential suspect in the town's recent murders. While investigating, an unknown assailant came up from behind and strangled him, leaving his dead body to be uncovered by investigators at 5:00 this morning. Sawyer was killed before he could ever follow his lead.

Meanwhile, it is told city police are arguing amongst themselves regarding a recent discovery uncovered by the force's leading detective. Apparently they are focusing in on a prime suspect, but won't tell reporters any other information for now. "We're still working things out," says Detective Benson. "Right now while we mourn Tom, we're just grateful somebody was able to take out another scumbag. I dunno who is responsible for these random killings, but we're all pretty grateful for now. Hopefully no other innocent party has to die before we can take these guys out."

== Active Player List ==

01. Drafterman
02. Blackvoid
03. M.Torres
04. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
05. socialpinko
06. Medic
07. Spritle
08. bluesteel
09. Blackhawk1331
10. PartamRuhem

You need 6 votes to carry out a lynch.

== Graveyard ==

Andromeda_Z: You are Wendy, the watcher. Each night phase you may choose a player to watch. You will be told who, if anyone, visits them during the night. You win with the town.

Lickdafoot: You are Paul, the framer. Each night phase you may choose one player to appear guilty (mafia) upon investigation. Right now your older brother (Vito) is in charge of the mafia's operations. You want to replace your newly deceased dad as the family's Godfather, and need Vito dead in order to get that role. As such, you have the secret win condition of getting your brother killed. If that happens, you will appear innocent upon investigation and take over control of your team. While you will still win if the mafia wins, you get extra points if you live and Vito dies.

Lordknukle: You are Amy, the beloved princess. Everyone loves you :) If the town and/or a townie kills you, a day phase will be skipped. If a mafioso kills you, a night phase will be skipped. You win with the town.

Tvellalott: You are Tom, the tracker. Each night phase, you have the ability to track a player and see whom if anyone they visit during the night. You win with the town.

lovelife: You are Pete, the defense attorney. Each night you may protect one of your mafia teammates from appearing guilty upon investigation. You cannot represent yourself in a case, so you cannot use this power on yourself. You win with the mafia.
President of DDO
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:23:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Last day phase I noticed that Spinko hasn't been posting as much as normal, or playing as agressively as he normally does. There must be an explanation for that, and I think that explanation is that is one of his tells.

VTL Spinko
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:36:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow, so my bad again last DP. That was really confusing. It wasn't clear that the DP was over when it began. I thought tv's plan had worked. Whoever killed the beloved princess, I don't get why you did that....

I really do wonder who killed the beloved princess. Blackvoid probably has a one shot vig kill, but there must also be a vig, given there are clearly two people killed by townies (LordKnuckle and Lovelife). Good job to whoever killed lovelife btw.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:38:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 9:23:52 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Last day phase I noticed that Spinko hasn't been posting as much as normal, or playing as agressively as he normally does. There must be an explanation for that, and I think that explanation is that is one of his tells.

VTL Spinko

I'd like to know if BV got a read on F16 first.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:43:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 9:23:52 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Last day phase I noticed that Spinko hasn't been posting as much as normal, or playing as agressively as he normally does. There must be an explanation for that, and I think that explanation is that is one of his tells.

VTL Spinko

He already role claimed though. He claimed miller DP1. Are you saying we should lynch him?

My top suspicion is obviously still F-16, which looks even more suspicious now given tv's death. It's even more suspicious given that lovelife's role doesn't mention whether it can bypass a lie detector (which usually means it can't). If lovelife's role and a godfather exists, lie detector seems way too overpowered, especially given there is also a (likely) cop, (confirmed) JOAT, (confirmed) watcher, and (confirmed) tracker (4 other investigative roles).

F-16 should obviously tell us though who he claims to have investigated.

But I'm gonna VTL F-16 unless he can prove himself or a better lead comes up.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:56:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I find it amusing that Bluesteel thinks that if he really was mafia, I'd let him live through the night. I know I am town so one of these three things are true:

1) Bluesteel is mafia and is trying to get me lynched.

2) Bluesteel is town and the mafia kept him alive for the sole purpose of leading a mislynch on me. After he serves his intended purpose, the mafia would kill him off if he doesn't look suspicious. If he does, that is YET another townie townie lynch. They must be laughing their asses off right now.

3) Bluesteel is a third party whose win condition is to get Stacey lynched.

I investigated Spritle on NP2. His statement "I win with the town." is true.

I investigated PartamRuhem on NP3. His statement "I win with the town" is false.

BTW, I really wanted to investigate SocialPinko because he was the miller but he never said that he won with the town. He should say it as soon as he logs on this DP.

VTL PartamRuhem
PartamRuhem
Posts: 1,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:58:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wont be able to post much. I am at work, and managed to get on a computer, but the guy who owns it will probably be here soon, not to mention I need to actually do things.

VTL F-16

Pressure I guess. Not to lynch! At least not now. I will be back on later.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:59:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 9:43:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/27/2011 9:23:52 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Last day phase I noticed that Spinko hasn't been posting as much as normal, or playing as agressively as he normally does. There must be an explanation for that, and I think that explanation is that is one of his tells.

VTL Spinko

He already role claimed though. He claimed miller DP1. Are you saying we should lynch him?

My top suspicion is obviously still F-16, which looks even more suspicious now given tv's death. It's even more suspicious given that lovelife's role doesn't mention whether it can bypass a lie detector (which usually means it can't). If lovelife's role and a godfather exists, lie detector seems way too overpowered, especially given there is also a (likely) cop, (confirmed) JOAT, (confirmed) watcher, and (confirmed) tracker (4 other investigative roles).

F-16 should obviously tell us though who he claims to have investigated.

But I'm gonna VTL F-16 unless he can prove himself or a better lead comes up.

I guess I should have gone back and checked, I didn't know he claimed miller, my bad. Are you guys thinking that Falcon is GF??

Unvote Spinko
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:01:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 9:38:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/27/2011 9:23:52 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Last day phase I noticed that Spinko hasn't been posting as much as normal, or playing as agressively as he normally does. There must be an explanation for that, and I think that explanation is that is one of his tells.

VTL Spinko

I'd like to know if BV got a read on F16 first.

Nevermind.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:03:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 9:59:38 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I guess I should have gone back and checked, I didn't know he claimed miller, my bad. Are you guys thinking that Falcon is GF??

Unvote Spinko

Medic, the existence of a godfather usually indicates the existence of a lie detector. Since I am the LD, I am pretty sure there is a godfather.

Now, let's consider the scenario where I am godfather. If that is the case, I would believe that it is highly likely that an LD exists. I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim LD because I would get counterclaimed. If I was godfather and a mafia, there is no Lie Detector as no one counterclaimed me. That would be a bad balance to the game.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:08:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:03:17 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/27/2011 9:59:38 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I guess I should have gone back and checked, I didn't know he claimed miller, my bad. Are you guys thinking that Falcon is GF??

Unvote Spinko

Medic, the existence of a godfather usually indicates the existence of a lie detector. Since I am the LD, I am pretty sure there is a godfather.

Now, let's consider the scenario where I am godfather. If that is the case, I would believe that it is highly likely that an LD exists. I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim LD because I would get counterclaimed. If I was godfather and a mafia, there is no Lie Detector as no one counterclaimed me. That would be a bad balance to the game.

Personally, I think you're town, but I could be wrong. I was asking Blue if he thinks that you're the GF because that would seem to be the only mafia role you could fit into.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:09:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:03:17 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/27/2011 9:59:38 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I guess I should have gone back and checked, I didn't know he claimed miller, my bad. Are you guys thinking that Falcon is GF??

Unvote Spinko

Medic, the existence of a godfather usually indicates the existence of a lie detector. Since I am the LD, I am pretty sure there is a godfather.

Now, let's consider the scenario where I am godfather. If that is the case, I would believe that it is highly likely that an LD exists. I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim LD because I would get counterclaimed. If I was godfather and a mafia, there is no Lie Detector as no one counterclaimed me. That would be a bad balance to the game.

This reasoning is totally false. Godfather never necessitates LD. GF is in just about every game, but LD is as common as Izbo being considerate of others. So NONE of what you said validates your claims.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:15:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:09:15 AM, M.Torres wrote:
At 11/27/2011 10:03:17 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/27/2011 9:59:38 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I guess I should have gone back and checked, I didn't know he claimed miller, my bad. Are you guys thinking that Falcon is GF??

Unvote Spinko

Medic, the existence of a godfather usually indicates the existence of a lie detector. Since I am the LD, I am pretty sure there is a godfather.

Now, let's consider the scenario where I am godfather. If that is the case, I would believe that it is highly likely that an LD exists. I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim LD because I would get counterclaimed. If I was godfather and a mafia, there is no Lie Detector as no one counterclaimed me. That would be a bad balance to the game.

This reasoning is totally false. Godfather never necessitates LD. GF is in just about every game, but LD is as common as Izbo being considerate of others. So NONE of what you said validates your claims.

Doesn't necessitate but increases the likelihood of. I mean if I was mafia, there wouldn't be a necessity for me to claim LD. I could have claimed Vig or something. It would have fit in better as to why the person died. LD has been quite common and has been present in nearly all the games that I have played. I seriously would not claim LD.

Also, I don't even think a vig exists in this game due to the random killing on Knuckle. More likely it is a character like a judge who can choose to kill or not but cannot choose who to kill. I know this by reading through Danielle's last classic mafia game.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:17:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
With ten players and two mafia dead, this works out pretty much no matter what. Either:

1) F-16 is actually innocent, meaning PR is mafia
2) F-16 is guilty and is bussing PR (at least we get an immediate dead mafioso)
3) F-16 is guilty and stupid and is trying to get a townie lynched. We lynch him next.

So unvote - VTL partam. It's a win-win.

@medic

I can't be certain at this point of what F-16 is, but if PR is guilty, there must be only 2 mafia left (I think we started with 5, with PR added later, as we originally guessed). So if PR comes up guilty, F-16 should definitely get a pass at least until we've killed one more mafioso after that.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:21:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:17:41 AM, bluesteel wrote:
With ten players and two mafia dead, this works out pretty much no matter what. Either:

1) F-16 is actually innocent, meaning PR is mafia
2) F-16 is guilty and is bussing PR (at least we get an immediate dead mafioso)
3) F-16 is guilty and stupid and is trying to get a townie lynched. We lynch him next.

So unvote - VTL partam. It's a win-win.

@medic

I can't be certain at this point of what F-16 is, but if PR is guilty, there must be only 2 mafia left (I think we started with 5, with PR added later, as we originally guessed). So if PR comes up guilty, F-16 should definitely get a pass at least until we've killed one more mafioso after that.

Sounds like a decent plan. If PR is innocent then Falcon is GF.

VTL PartamRuhem
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:29:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
F-16

which players still haven't said they win with the town?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:31:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:21:57 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/27/2011 10:17:41 AM, bluesteel wrote:
With ten players and two mafia dead, this works out pretty much no matter what. Either:

1) F-16 is actually innocent, meaning PR is mafia
2) F-16 is guilty and is bussing PR (at least we get an immediate dead mafioso)
3) F-16 is guilty and stupid and is trying to get a townie lynched. We lynch him next.

So unvote - VTL partam. It's a win-win.

@medic

I can't be certain at this point of what F-16 is, but if PR is guilty, there must be only 2 mafia left (I think we started with 5, with PR added later, as we originally guessed). So if PR comes up guilty, F-16 should definitely get a pass at least until we've killed one more mafioso after that.

Sounds like a decent plan. If PR is innocent then Falcon is GF.

VTL PartamRuhem

This sounds reasonable. I don't trust in coincidences anyway. VTL PR
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:39:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Woah. Looking over the previous DP's. blackhawk has not posted A SINGLE TIME and hasn't been replaced. Given that danielle typically replaces people quickly, this seems surprising. He must be participating in the mafia PM, and she must not have realized he'd never posted.

It also means he didn't say he won with the town, obviously.

In case F-16 is telling the truth, we really shouldn't end this DP too hastily and should make people say the win with the town statement.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:41:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
oh nvm, he did say it. But that was his only post. He hasn't voted in any of the lynches.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:42:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:29:20 AM, bluesteel wrote:
F-16

which players still haven't said they win with the town?

01. Drafterman - Jack
02. Blackvoid - Ken, JOAT I win with the town in DP1
03. M.Torres
04. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Stacey, Lie Detector, I win the town in DP1
05. socialpinko - Kate, Miller
06. Medic - Liza, I win with the town in DP1
07. Spritle - Kelly, I win with the town in DP1
08. bluesteel - Kyle, I win with the town in DP1
09. Blackhawk1331 - Chris, I win with the town in DP1
10. PartamRuhem - Katelyn, I win with the town in DP1
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:43:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
re:medic

He and spinko are both suspicious for inactivity, but the miller seems slightly less so. Personally, I'd never risk a DP miller claim as mafia since it risks a counter-claim. That would be the dumbest move ever. As raisor pointed out in his lynch statistics, mafia never gets lynched DP1. How stupid would you feel getting cc'ed on a MILLER claim and lynched.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:45:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:39:45 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Woah. Looking over the previous DP's. blackhawk has not posted A SINGLE TIME and hasn't been replaced. Given that danielle typically replaces people quickly, this seems surprising. He must be participating in the mafia PM, and she must not have realized he'd never posted.

It also means he didn't say he won with the town, obviously.

In case F-16 is telling the truth, we really shouldn't end this DP too hastily and should make people say the win with the town statement.

I win with the town.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:46:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sorry I forgot to say it. I win with the town. Also vtl partam. Like bs said, either way we get a mafioso whether f-69 is telling the truth, he's bussing a teammate,Otis just trying to kill a townie. Seems pretty cut and dry.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:51:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think that was 5 and we need more statements first.

I find it really suspicious that drafterman and medic haven't said it yet either. It seems like mafia are often the last to say it.

F-16, if you really are telling the truth, do you think godfather and lovelife's role fool you or no? It really does seem overpowered if they don't.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 11:01:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 10:51:04 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I think that was 5 and we need more statements first.

I find it really suspicious that drafterman and medic haven't said it yet either. It seems like mafia are often the last to say it.

F-16, if you really are telling the truth, do you think godfather and lovelife's role fool you or no? It really does seem overpowered if they don't.

I said it in dp1 and then again this phase.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 11:04:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 11:01:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/27/2011 10:51:04 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I think that was 5 and we need more statements first.

I find it really suspicious that drafterman and medic haven't said it yet either. It seems like mafia are often the last to say it.

F-16, if you really are telling the truth, do you think godfather and lovelife's role fool you or no? It really does seem overpowered if they don't.

I said it in dp1 and then again this phase.

Ahh. That makes more sense. I could see drafterman though, as n00b mafia, thinking he could avoid saying it.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 11:16:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 11:04:24 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/27/2011 11:01:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/27/2011 10:51:04 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I think that was 5 and we need more statements first.

I find it really suspicious that drafterman and medic haven't said it yet either. It seems like mafia are often the last to say it.

F-16, if you really are telling the truth, do you think godfather and lovelife's role fool you or no? It really does seem overpowered if they don't.

I said it in dp1 and then again this phase.

Ahh. That makes more sense. I could see drafterman though, as n00b mafia, thinking he could avoid saying it.

Could you really now? Anyway. I win with the town.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 12:30:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
F-16, can you answer my question?

Do you think your role can bypass a godfather or lovelife's role or no?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)