Beginner 3.2- Day Phase 1

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:11:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules

Same rules apply as in last game. In addition, please end discussions once the final vote has been cast.

In this game you have both a character name and a role action. The names give the game a Nascar feel, but it is not a fully themed game. That will be 3.3, the final beginner game of this series. When being pressured to claim, make sure you know what is being asked of you. You probably don't need to give out both character and role.

For a list of possible roles in the game follow this link. All roles come from that list.
I will say that any of those roles are possible, there may be vanilla townies and mafia goons, and there might be more than one of any particular role.

http://www.glbwiki.com...

Here is the player list, though only 9 have confirmed thus far.

Active Players

Jimnotguilty
Andromeda_Z
Blackhawk1331
16kadams
PartamRuhem
Squirtle
Folgerlibrary
Lordknuckle
Mig
Drafterman
EburnhamIII
F-16 Fighting Falcon
Lickdafoot
Blackvoid

With 14 players it takes 8 votes to lynch.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:05:56 AM
VTNL

It's only the first day phase and certainly we can't really gain too much from it....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 10:17:14 AM
MIG, we should get a couple of characters before we VTNL. It is also nice to get the miller to role-claim so we can get that out of the way. I think that's SOP. I was thinking who to pressure for a character claim.

Pressuring the first to post is getting boring. A common choice of pressure is to pressure noobs. Pressuring noobs can be detrimental because:

If we target a Newb Townie, they won't know to keep quiet about their role if they've got a good role, and they might just end up looking like mafia by making noob mistakes and getting lynched.

If the noob is a mafioso, they have more experienced players to discuss things with. So, they will know what to say.

I think we should turn this theory on its head and pressure not just the most experienced player here but one that flies under the radar all the time, so as to be fair to the people who are always picked first to claim.

VTL Andromeda_Z
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 11:09:03 AM
At 11/27/2011 10:17:14 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
MIG, we should get a couple of characters before we VTNL. It is also nice to get the miller to role-claim so we can get that out of the way. I think that's SOP. I was thinking who to pressure for a character claim.

Pressuring the first to post is getting boring. A common choice of pressure is to pressure noobs. Pressuring noobs can be detrimental because:

If we target a Newb Townie, they won't know to keep quiet about their role if they've got a good role, and they might just end up looking like mafia by making noob mistakes and getting lynched.

If the noob is a mafioso, they have more experienced players to discuss things with. So, they will know what to say.

I think we should turn this theory on its head and pressure not just the most experienced player here but one that flies under the radar all the time, so as to be fair to the people who are always picked first to claim.

VTL Andromeda_Z

Sure, why not?

VTL Andromeda
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 11:24:44 AM
UNVOTE. VTL Andro.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 12:08:25 PM
At 11/27/2011 10:17:14 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

VTL Andromeda_Z

This sounds like great reasoning. I wont vote as we already have 4. I'd like to add though, I'm not entirely sold on always not lynching DP1 as SOP.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 12:48:56 PM
F-16, this is just a standard game with roles. Whats the point of character claims? Assuming we're all Nascar drivers, how could we possibly determine mafia from that? I don't know of any "bad" Nascar drivers.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:07:16 PM
I don't think we should VTNL yet. I have no problem with a no-lynch, but I want everyone to have an opportunity to log on and post first. It would also be nice if they would say "I win with the town", because we may have an LD in this game. The DP just started three hours ago, there's no rush to end it.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:10:20 PM
At 11/27/2011 1:07:16 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I don't think we should VTNL yet. I have no problem with a no-lynch, but I want everyone to have an opportunity to log on and post first. It would also be nice if they would say "I win with the town", because we may have an LD in this game. The DP just started three hours ago, there's no rush to end it.

Ok good point I guess.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:23:18 PM
I win with the town.

Who are we targeting next? I mean, characters are pointless, but we could push someone for a role claim. If they were mafia, they would have to guess what isn't taken, and someone can CC them. There is the downside that we could out a power role....but VTNL is boring.

Besides, even if the role is that important, we just put BG or doc on that person. Then they actually know who to guard instead of guarding nobody. Solid.

VTL ANDRO Role claim.
Spritle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:40:44 PM
I am David Ragan. I win with the town.

I think we should pressure F-16 for some information if we get some from Andro. He was very specific on what he wanted to do. Plus, Andro is supposedly a really good player. For F-386 to target her first could be him just trying to off a good player early in the game. Although, Andro isn't active that much.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:47:02 PM
I'm JJ. I win with town.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 1:51:01 PM
At 11/27/2011 1:44:13 PM, Spritle wrote:
Forgot to add this:

VTL F-19

I'm fine with that. I just want a role claim.

unvote VTL F-78591274829498748
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 2:27:56 PM
At 11/27/2011 2:23:27 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
*Waits for F-16 to post rant about how we're all stupid for pressuring him*

*...and waits for the mega paragraph that F-16 will no doubt post, which will at length discuss the options, possibilities, and probabilities of all scenarios at this point, and why he is beyond a shadow of a doubt innocent, though none of it will matter....*
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 2:30:25 PM
At 11/27/2011 2:28:57 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/27/2011 2:28:23 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:
At 11/27/2011 2:27:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bill Elliott

Role claim

Fvck off.

VTNL

Well on the plus side, my deterrence strategy worked. He didn't post a rant. On the down side, now he's cussing us out instead...