Classic Mafia - END GAME

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 8:50:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
== ACTIVE PLAYERS ==

01. BlackVoid (JOAT - Recruited to Cult - Recruited to Mafia)
02. socialpinko (Miller - Recruited to Cult)
03. Blackhawk1331 (Mafia Role Blocker)

RESULTS -- MAFIA WIN!!!

2nd place - Cult
3rd place - Survivor
4th place - Town

Last night, M.Torres died trying to recruit Blackhawk.

The mafia killed Spritle.

I am not on my computer right now, so I don't have the spreadsheet of night actions. Please feel free to ask any questions in the mean time! I can also explain the stories if need be, though they should be pretty self-explanatory now... any questions, comments or concerns?! Positive and negative feedback are both appreciated :)

== GRAVEYARD ==

Andromeda_Z: You are Wendy, the watcher. Each night phase you may choose a player to watch. You will be told who, if anyone, visits them during the night. You win with the town.

Lickdafoot: You are Paul, the framer. Each night phase you may choose one player to appear guilty (mafia) upon investigation. Right now your older brother (Vito) is in charge of the mafia's operations. You want to replace your newly deceased dad as the family's Godfather, and need Vito dead in order to get that role. As such, you have the secret win condition of getting your brother killed. If that happens, you will appear innocent upon investigation and take over control of your team. While you will still win if the mafia wins, you get extra points if you live and Vito dies.

Lordknukle: You are Amy, the beloved princess. Everyone loves you :) If the town and/or a townie kills you, a day phase will be skipped. If a mafioso kills you, a night phase will be skipped. You win with the town.

Tvellalott: You are Tom, the tracker. Each night phase, you have the ability to track a player and see whom if anyone they visit during the night. You win with the town.

lovelife: You are Pete, the defense attorney. Each night you may protect one of your mafia teammates from appearing guilty upon investigation. You cannot represent yourself in a case, so you cannot use this power on yourself. You win with the mafia.

PartamRuhem: You are Katelyn, the bomb. If you die, you will take down the last person to target you. If you are lynched during the day phase, the last person to vote for you will also die. If you are targeted at night, the killer will go down with you. You win with the town.

bluesteel: You are Kyle, the bulletproof. Nobody will be able to kill you during the night. You win with the town (( RECRUITED TO CULT )).

Medic0506: You are Liza, the cop. Each night phase you may investigate one player's alignment. You win with the town.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon: You are Vito, the sneak. Though you are guilty, you can be recruited into any group undetected. Though it should be a group effort, you will make the final kill decisions for the mafia (who kills whom). You are essentially a Godfather who does not automatically come up innocent upon investigation. You win with the mafia.

drafterman: You are Jack, the Survivor. Your only objective is to survive throughout the game until the very end, regardless of which faction emerges victorious. If you manage that, you will win above everyone else. You are aligned with yourself and win with yourself. Good luck :)

M.Torres: You are Marc, the cult recruiter. You're paranoid and don't trust anybody. You'd rather gather a small group - people you know you can trust - and fend for yourselves. Each night, you may attempt to recruit a player into your group. If their current win condition is NOT with the town, they will be unable to be recruited and you will die in the process of trying to recruit them. You win with the cult.

Spritle: You are Kelly, the judge. Each night phase you will be presented with a player on trial. You have the ability to determine their fate and decide if they are guilty (death sentence) or innocent (pardoned). You win with the town.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 8:54:52 PM
MVP - BlackVoid

Honorable mentions go to F16 for his overall game play and tvellalott for tracking 2 mafiosos 2/3 nights he was alive (if I remember correctly), impressively on the first 2 night phases. Blueteel also utilized some pretty decent strategy. Good job to all :]
President of DDO
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 8:58:51 PM
At 11/28/2011 8:54:27 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Epic win.

good job, blackvoid!!

Danielle is a great mod. She made the roles just twisted enough to keep us guessing! I was impressed.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:00:21 PM
Town Roles: Watcher, Tracker, Miller, Cop, JOAT, Judge, Beloved Princess, Bomb

Third Party: Cult Recruiter, Survivor

Mafia:
Role Blocker, Framer, Defense Attorney (can make a teammate appear innocent upon investigation), Godfather Lite (does not appear innocent upon investigation automatically, but can be recruited into groups undetected)

Because the cult recruiter could recruit every night, the cult's win condition was to (a) eliminate all mafia, (b) become the voting majority.

The mafia was given this information at the start of the game:

After investigating Morristown's inhabitants, you have discovered some information. You know the town has a cop who can investigate people's alignments. You know there's a judge who may or may not choose to sentence certain people to death. You know there's at least one player you cannot kill. You know there is someone most residents dislike, which will probably cause them to appear guilty upon investigation. Maybe you can use this to your advantage. You also noticed some really paranoid guy who likes to surround himself with a tight knit group that he trusts. It's a little shady. Some people seem to keep only to themselves. Others are beloved by everyone. As far as you can tell, no residents of Morristown work in the medical field. Your hired sources have reported back to beware of someone named Katelyn... and that's all they've got for now.

I thought the roles were pretty balanced...
President of DDO
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:00:45 PM
Great job to everybody. I think everyone played well given the info they had. F-16 deserves a ton of credit for being willing to kill himself to recruit me. Danielle also modded really well (as people said is true) and got DP's up relatively fast.

It was a crazy game in that by DP4 there was really no action going on in the DP's, as most actions were going on in the PM's.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:01:59 PM
good job blackvoid.

I knew it was you :P
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:03:21 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:01:59 PM, bluesteel wrote:
good job blackvoid.

I knew it was you :P

Yeah, you scared the sh1t out of me when you said "one of us (cult) has probably been recruited. Blackvoid seems the most likely target mafia would pick". That was unbelievable.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:04:04 PM
This was a great game! Shows what a good mod can do with simple roles, done right.

I should also get honorable mention for figuring out why we hadn't won on the last DP, although I picked the wrong person to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:04:11 PM
Questions:

Blackvoid, how did you get recruited into the Mafia? I don't see any sort of recruitment mechanic.

Spritle, why did you judge Lord Knuckle as guilty?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:06:35 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:04:04 PM, bluesteel wrote:
This was a great game! Shows what a good mod can do with simple roles, done right.

I should also get honorable mention for figuring out why we hadn't won on the last DP, although I picked the wrong person to lynch.

Well I was going to do everything in my power to get Cult to kill drafterman. That was all mafia had to do to win once I was recruited.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:07:26 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:04:11 PM, drafterman wrote:
Questions:

Blackvoid, how did you get recruited into the Mafia? I don't see any sort of recruitment mechanic.

It was likely a hidden part of F-16's role (that didn't appear in his role when he died. But if you read danielle's first post from the day phase, it makes it clear that F-16 killed himself to recruit someone.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:07:38 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:06:35 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Well I was going to do everything in my power to get Cult to kill drafterman. That was all mafia had to do to win once I was recruited.

It's not like that was hard. You were pretty much a confirmed townie and your doctor story was pretty reasonable. But... DENIED! HAHAHA!
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:09:48 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:06:35 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Had drafterman claimed a more interesting role, like COP (silly, we thought there was a cop this whole time and you claimed last - obvious), there's nothing you could have done. In fact, I was hoping the rogue cultist would out themselves by doing something stupid like this.

The problem is: you said it's most likely drafterman and reading the DP, it seemed that way as well. I should have gone for the doctor though for protecting F-16.... seems like a DUHHH now.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:10:22 PM
BV, good job. We couldn't see a lot of it in the DPs, but I think it was mostly behind the scenes considering that cult knew BV was recruited.

Awesome modding, Danielle. I really liked how you gave us so much info on the town. I can understand better what it means to have a game that favors the mafia.

I'll post more in a bit but one thing I need to mention is that the cult played great and stayed hidden. Me and Blackhawk never knew of the existence of the cult until DP5 where Bluesteel's affiliation was given. If we had, our strategy would have differed significantly. Ultimately it came down to BV successfully convincing the cult in their PM that he wasn't recruited though how he did it will remain a mystery.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:12:09 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:07:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Questions:

It was likely a hidden part of F-16's role (that didn't appear in his role when he died. But if you read danielle's first post from the day phase, it makes it clear that F-16 killed himself to recruit someone.

yeah, we got an extra ability, for any one person in the mafia to sacrifice themselves to recruit another player.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:15:16 PM
Questions:

I was contemplating doing it the night LDF got lynched. I am just glad I waited a town to screw around with town and get the bomb killed (hopefully by another townie) because we had information that we were to beware of Katelyn (PR). I never guessed that you were cult though. You did really well not looking suspicious.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:15:32 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:10:22 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
BV, good job. We couldn't see a lot of it in the DPs, but I think it was mostly behind the scenes considering that cult knew BV was recruited.

Awesome modding, Danielle. I really liked how you gave us so much info on the town. I can understand better what it means to have a game that favors the mafia.

I'll post more in a bit but one thing I need to mention is that the cult played great and stayed hidden. Me and Blackhawk never knew of the existence of the cult until DP5 where Bluesteel's affiliation was given. If we had, our strategy would have differed significantly. Ultimately it came down to BV successfully convincing the cult in their PM that he wasn't recruited though how he did it will remain a mystery.

BV can show you the PM if you want. It didn't occur to me until awhile in that one of us had been recruited and it wasn't clear what to do with that information. I guess if I really thought blackvoid was recruited I should have distrusted his support for lynching drafterman.

The other thing that kind of made it impossible was danielle imposing a 24 hour time limit. That wasn't enough time for me to get a read on all the cultists and try to guess if one had been recruited. It basically forced our hands when I saw we had only 6 hours left and had to VTL someone. I'd rather have lynched drafterman than lost because of a no lynch (technically this would have given us one more DP, but in a much less favorable position since blackvoid would have likely killed Torres).

I dunno, I think that was kind of unfair danielle. That's my ONLY gripe since you did an amazing job with the game. But really short time periods obviously favor the mafia.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:15:57 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:15:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Questions:

I was contemplating doing it the night LDF got lynched. I am just glad I waited a day to screw around with town and get the bomb killed (hopefully by another townie) because we had information that we were to beware of Katelyn (PR). I never guessed that you were cult though. You did really well not looking suspicious.

Fixed.

And we could choose anyone. It didn't have to be me.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:20:07 PM
Oh wow, anyone? That's really powerful.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:22:49 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:20:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
If the last DP had ended in a no lynch, who would the mafia had nked?

BV told us who the cult were. We knew Spritle was the judge. We would have wanted to take away your killing power, so we would have killed Spritle and RB'd Torres. Then it would have been you, 2 mafia and 2 cult. If BV convinced cult to lynch you like he did, we would have been in the exact same scenario.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:24:33 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:22:49 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

BV told us who the cult were. We knew Spritle was the judge. We would have wanted to take away your killing power, so we would have killed Spritle and RB'd Torres. Then it would have been you, 2 mafia and 2 cult. If BV convinced cult to lynch you like he did, we would have been in the exact same scenario.

awww, well if you guys killed spritle and RB'ed Torres, I would have been pretty sure blackvoid was mafia. too bad that didn't happen
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:27:14 PM
At 11/28/2011 10:24:33 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/28/2011 9:22:49 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

awww, well if you guys killed spritle and RB'ed Torres, I would have been pretty sure blackvoid was mafia. too bad that didn't happen

I never though of it that way when making our decisions but I should have. We also considered how it would affect killing power but we never thought that that any of our decisions would give away Blackvoid. Good to know for future games.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:30:31 PM
At 11/28/2011 10:28:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Why did you think that BlackVoid was the most likely person to be recruited by the mafia?

Role. Your best bet was someone that was confirmed.

I mean, he was my first recruit choice (once Torres recruited me), so...