Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Please teach me how to play this "Mafia".

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2011 11:58:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Um.... I've been seeing some sort of trying to get alive and I sorta get the game but I don't get what you do at night. Thanks.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:09:29 AM
At 11/30/2011 11:58:13 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Um.... I've been seeing some sort of trying to get alive and I sorta get the game but I don't get what you do at night. Thanks.

everyone gets their own role which they can use during the night.

the mafia kill a townie in the night. mafia members also have specific roles such as a roleblocker (which stops a townie from being able to use their role.)

Townie's have roles too. For instance, the cop can choose one person to investigate and find out their affiliation (guilty/innocent.) A doctor can choose one person to protect from a night kill.

Some roles are passive (such as a bulletproof who cannot be killed) so they do nothing at night but sweat it out.

I'm modding beginner game round 3 which should start in a few days. I can put you in. It's probably the best to start from round 1 rather than 3, but i'm not sure how long until the next ones start up. it will give you more leniency and capability to learn/ask questions than a normal game.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:10:56 AM
At 12/1/2011 12:09:29 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

the mafia kill a townie in the night. mafia members also have specific roles such as a roleblocker (which stops a townie from being able to use their role.)

Townie's have roles too. For instance, the cop can choose one person to investigate and find out their affiliation (guilty/innocent.) A doctor can choose one person to protect from a night kill.

Some roles are passive (such as a bulletproof who cannot be night killed) so they do nothing at night but sweat it out.

I'm modding beginner game round 3 which should start in a few days. I can put you in. It's probably the best to start from round 1 rather than 3, but i'm not sure how long until the next ones start up. it will give you more leniency and capability to learn/ask questions than a normal game.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:14:00 AM
At 12/1/2011 12:09:29 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Some roles are passive (such as a bulletproof who cannot be killed) so they do nothing at night but sweat it out.
oh okay
sure. put me into a game and i'll do my best
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 7:59:59 AM
Mafia is a game that pits an uniformed majority (The Town) against an informed minority (The Mafia). The Mafia each know who they are, and can talk privately via a PM created by the mod.

The game is divided into phases. During the day phase, all the players deliberate in the thread for that phase. During the phase, players may vote to lynch (kill) another player. Alternatively, they may vote to lynch no one, or not vote at all. If a majority of the players vote to lynch someone, that player dies and that players information (character/role/allegiance) are revealed (usually). Since the town do not know who is who, they must rely on strategy (and luck) to kill mafia, though odds are more likely that you'll kill a fellow townie.

During the night phase, the mafia decide on whom to perform a night kill. Since the mafia knows who the town are, they always target the correct person. This person's information is revealed during the next phase.

The goal of the town is to eliminate all of the mafia. The goal of the mafia is to eliminate enough town to become the majority.

Those are the basics. Making the game more complicated, fun, and interesting are roles. Roles grant people abilities that generally are used during the night phase. These include investigative roles, that give you information about other players; protection roles, that protect other players from harmful effects; killing roles, that kill other players; manipulative roles, that block or redirect other players own abilities; and a host of others. In addition to "common" roles, mods are free to invent or customize roles of their own.

There may also be other factions. These can include separate mafia groups or third parties (serial killers, survivors, cults) that have their own win conditions.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:25:51 PM
Basically you spend a bunch of time accusing somebody who's probably innocent, while ignoring people that are probably guilty. Thats pretty much how it goes.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 9:33:52 PM
Hey Viper-King, for some reason it is not allowing me to add you as a friend. Please add me so that I can send you a message to start the beginner game 3.3
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 9:39:53 PM
At 12/2/2011 9:33:52 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Hey Viper-King, for some reason it is not allowing me to add you as a friend. Please add me so that I can send you a message to start the beginner game 3.3

got it working with a different browser.

theres 666 topics in the game forum O.o
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 9:57:16 PM
At 12/2/2011 9:33:52 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

okay when will it start?