Total Posts:256|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

HvV: Movie Edition Mafia - DAY PHASE 4 (SKIP)

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:34:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The night phase was an absolute massacre. Townie lost three more heroes, including the legendary INDIANA JONES when he inadvertently recruited one of the villains. ELLEN RIPLEY was found blasted to pieces with a high calibre weapon. Finally, no solid parts of the body of SNAKE PLISSKIN were found, instead the roof of his bedroom was plastered with his blood and gore as though a fountain of his bodily fluids had spewed out of his bed like a fountain.

GRAVEYARD
Spritle: You are INDIANA JONES, from the INDIANA JONES films.
You are the BELOVED MASON RECRUITER. If you are killed, the next day phase will be skipped. Each night, you may attempt to recruit one person into the masons. If you choose a townie, they will be recruited. If you choose a non-townie, you will be killed. This type of death WILL NOT activate your BELOVED effect. You win with the town.

socialpinko: You are ELLEN RIPLEY, from the ALIEN films.
You are the BODYGUARD. Each night, you may choose one person. If that person is targeted for death, there will be a 50% chance you kill the attacker and a 50% chance you will die in their place. You win with the town.

lickdafoot: You are SNAKE PLISSKEN from the films ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and ESCAPE FROM LA.
You are the MILLER. If your alliance is investigated, you will appear GUILTY. You win with the town.

Danielle: You are DAVID DUNN, from the film UNBREAKABLE
You are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be killed during the night by any role. Being role blocked will NOT affect this ability. You can however suffocate, so lynching will kill you. You may gain additional powers later if one of your fellow heroes falls. You win with the town.

PartumRuhem: ETHAN HUNT; Agent, Odd/Even Tracker/Watcher. Town.
BlackVoid: T-800 aka CYBERDYNE SYSTEMS MODEL 101; Roleblocker, 1-shot Tree Stumper. Mafia.
TheTruthAnalyst: Obi-Wan Kenobi; Lie Detector. Town.
Andromeda_Z: MISSING

LIVING PLAYERS:

headphonegut has replaced blackhawk1331
01. GreyParrot
02. Medic0506
03. Drafterman
04. Logic_on_rails
05. M.Torres
06. bluesteel
07. Blackhawk1331
08. Rusty

5 votes needed for a lynch.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:36:05 AM
DAMN IT. Ignore the (SKIP) on the end of the topic title.

Carry on.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 3:35:03 AM
I am disappointed in blackhawk I am the tracker
Night actions
np1 - np2 - no action (probably why he was replaced)
np3 - spritle tracked to greyparrot it was just random I read the DP after I did this sorry mates but I figured out mafia yaya

VTL greyparrot

I think he is the mafia and is in cahoots with drafterman because drafterman confirmed him by saying he was LD. furthermore danielle pointed out why would anyone investigate the miller? I'm thinking this moron probably thought he wouldn't get CC but he did bad town for letting him live. He knows who's innocent, but he made the mistake of "investigating LDF" a known miller. His thinking probably was I need someone I can know what their affiliation is (dumbazz). Danielle also repeatedly tore a new one in all of his reasons for why she was framed and all he did to respond was "how do you explain our LD who investigated me innocent." [nice try bud but this townie isn't swayed by other players who claim to have the same role as the person who just died] with you, bv, drafter, it makes 3 mafia a reasonable mafia number unless I'm missing something it is fairly a big game. However it doesn't explain who andro is. third party? I read through the third DP and am astounded at everyone's stupidity. sigh*

DP. also there was somebody else that grey parrot was all horny about.

GG mafia c ya next time I will not be here till 4:30 today

for the spirit of it IWINWITHTOWN
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 3:47:33 AM
I am however confused as to why spritle chose to recruit grey when he said he would recruit blue. thoughts?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:39:33 AM
At 12/6/2011 3:47:33 AM, headphonegut wrote:
I am however confused as to why spritle chose to recruit grey when he said he would recruit blue. thoughts?

My thoughts?? My thoughts are that you're prolly lying. We already have a confirmed every other night tracker, and you want us to believe that TV put in a full time tracker as well?? That's highly unlikely as we have LD, bulletproof, mason, bodyguard, vig, messenger, info gatherer(me), cops etc. That seems a bit overpowered and I highly doubt your claim.

If you're lying, that puts Squirtle dying from trying to recruit Blue, which means he's not town. We know he died from recruiting as his role pm says that death will not activate the beloved role, and he said that he was going to recruit Blue.

This is shaping up to be an interesting day and unfortunately I doubt that I'll be on much because we are on special assignment today and not in our station. I'll try to check in later but my vote, for now, would obviously go on HPG or Blue. I'm leaning towards HPG. If we lynch him and he flips mafia then we know he lied about tracking Squirtle, which means Logic can vig kill him, or we have our lynch target next day phase.

I'll hold off on voting to see what others turned up.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:51:59 AM
Also, wasn't Torres going to block Blackhawk?? If so, and he did it, that should be a definite bust on HPG, assuming Torres' role has been confirmed as assumed.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:37:28 AM
Obvious mafia is obvious.

Maybe you weren't paying attention in your mafia PM when they were bringing you up to snuff, but Torres targeted your character last night and Torres is pretty much confirmed. If you actually did something last night, then Torres is a liar. But if Torres is a liar, then so is Logic. And you're accusing me and Grey of being Mafia? Plus BV from the Graveyard? 5 mafia? Who is going to buy this? No one, that's who.

Either Torres RBed you, and you're mafia, or someone switched you with someone else, which still makes you mafia because any switcher is mafia and why would mafia swap you out if Torres was going to block a townie? You probably would have been better off staying low and letting the town come to it's own conclusions, namely: Blue isn't town. Seems "obvious" from the results. Last night, Spritle said he was going to target blue, and Spritle is dead. he SPECIFICALLY died from targeting a non-townie, ergo Blue is not town.

This, unfortunately, makes me suspect blue. Not in and of itself, but because you have come out of the blue targeting someone else. This seems like a tactic to direct suspicion away from blue. Like you said, why would Spritle target Grey? We didn't have Danielle's results yet, so we didn't know if she was town or mafia. If she was town, then that would have made Grey a little bit suspect, suspect enough to NOT recruit.

In short, I highly suspcet HPG and blue at the moment, but HPG is the one sticking his nuts out here so VTL HPG Blue, next time send someone more believable to provide a cover story.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:41:45 AM
Dead
Spritle - "I win with the town" - Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones) - Beloved Mason Recruiter - Town
socialpinko - "I win with the town" - Ellen Ripley (Alien) - Bodyguard - Town
Lickdafoot - "I win with the town" - Snake Plissken (Escape from L.A.) - Miller - Town
Danielle - "I win with the town" - David Dunn (Unbreakable) - Bulletproof - Town
PartamRuhem - Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible) - Agent, Odd Tracker, Even Watcher - town
Blackvoid - T-800 (Terminator) - Roleblocker, Tree Stumper - Mafia
TheTruthAnalyst - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) - Lie Detector - Town
Andromeda - Unknown

Full Claims:
M.Torres - "" - Alan Garner (The Hangover) - Roleblocker
bluesteel - "I win with the town" - El Mariachi (El Mariachi) - Hunter
Rusty - "I win with the town" - Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon) - Cop
GreyParrot - "I win with the town" - Ash (Evil Dead Pokemon) - MJOIT (Doc/Cop)
Logic_on_rails - "I win with the town" - Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry) - Vigilante

Partial Claims:
Drafterman - "I win with the town" - Neo (The Matrix)
headphonegut - "I win with the town" - - Tracker

Allegiance Claims:
Medic0506 - "I win with the town"

Unofficial Vote Count:
Greyparrot 1/5- HPG
Headphonegut 1/5- drafterman
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:53:23 AM
I actually targetted Spritle for investigation, as I wanted to confirm he was town and not cult. Spritle said he was going after blue correct? The whole idea of announcing it was so that if he died, it would give town information on Blue's role....
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:00:39 AM
Look at your PM more closely headphone, did it say he came to me or I came to him?

Headphone this is awefully unclear, I think he got the results from TV confused. I can't imagine why Spritle would not go after Blue after he explicitly said he would, and if he did go after Blue, you should have seen me visit Spritle, and also Spritle visit Blue. If a mafia killed Spritle, you should have seen 2 people visit Spritle correct?

Talk to TV and make sure exactly what those results were from the watching.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:07:30 AM
I was either going to investigate Blue or Spritle last NP, but I figured Spritle had Blue covered if I could confirm Spritle as being town and not 3rd party.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:12:20 AM
VTL Headphone

I roleblocked you last night.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:56:29 AM
At 12/6/2011 7:37:28 AM, drafterman wrote:

Maybe you weren't paying attention in your mafia PM when they were bringing you up to snuff, but Torres targeted your character last night and Torres is pretty much confirmed. If you actually did something last night, then Torres is a liar. But if Torres is a liar, then so is Logic. And you're accusing me and Grey of being Mafia? Plus BV from the Graveyard? 5 mafia? Who is going to buy this? No one, that's who.

Either Torres RBed you, and you're mafia, or someone switched you with someone else, which still makes you mafia because any switcher is mafia and why would mafia swap you out if Torres was going to block a townie? You probably would have been better off staying low and letting the town come to it's own conclusions, namely: Blue isn't town. Seems "obvious" from the results. Last night, Spritle said he was going to target blue, and Spritle is dead. he SPECIFICALLY died from targeting a non-townie, ergo Blue is not town.

This, unfortunately, makes me suspect blue. Not in and of itself, but because you have come out of the blue targeting someone else. This seems like a tactic to direct suspicion away from blue. Like you said, why would Spritle target Grey? We didn't have Danielle's results yet, so we didn't know if she was town or mafia. If she was town, then that would have made Grey a little bit suspect, suspect enough to NOT recruit.

In short, I highly suspcet HPG and blue at the moment, but HPG is the one sticking his nuts out here so VTL HPG Blue, next time send someone more believable to provide a cover story.

NO ONE VOTE YET.

Drafterman, how can you possibly know this with so much certainty?? Torres hadn't commented yet. I don't remember him saying last DP with such certainty who he would RB...... GL explaining this one.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:01:26 AM
At 12/6/2011 8:56:29 AM, bluesteel wrote:

NO ONE VOTE YET.

Drafterman, how can you possibly know this with so much certainty?? Torres hadn't commented yet. I don't remember him saying last DP with such certainty who he would RB...... GL explaining this one.

Uhm... that was the plan that was spelled out last DP:

Spritle recruit you.
Torres block blackhawk/headphone
Grey investigate me or medic
Rusty investigate blackhawk/headphone or socialpinko

For the record, I always post with certainty (Lynching of Spritle in Nascar Mafia). Read his post and tell me it doesn't stink.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:01:43 AM
Ok, rest of my comments.

Honestly, I have no idea WTF is going on. I'll have a better idea if logic confirms he killed spinko, who should have claimed last DP if he didn't want to be vig killed, although I wouldn't believe bodyguard as his claim anyway after what he soft claimed.

Honestly, mafia has become a lot harder, as danielle said, because a lot of you guys play retardedly, so I can't tell what is mafia activity and what is townie's playing dumb.

I'd have to guess that Spritle lied about who he was going to recruit and that's how he died, which is seriously the height of stupidity. It negates his entire role to do that.

I'd ALSO have to guess that we're about to lose, which means we should vote really carefully.

Lastly, this is possible speculation, but maybe headphonegut is mafia and is afraid who I will kill when I'm lynched, which is why he tried to save me? Or he's town and grey and drafter have some type of conspiracy going.

Grey, you never said your result on hpg, but I assume it's guilty, which is meaningless since you're obviously paranoid. And you said you wanted to check someone who was obviously town, which hpg wasn't.

Wait, wtf, since when was he even playing??
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:02:16 AM
At 12/6/2011 9:01:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/6/2011 8:56:29 AM, bluesteel wrote:

NO ONE VOTE YET.

Uhm... that was the plan that was spelled out last DP:

Spritle recruit you.
Torres block blackhawk/headphone
Grey investigate me or medic
Rusty investigate blackhawk/headphone or socialpinko

For the record, I always post with certainty (Lynching of Spritle in Nascar Mafia). Read his post and tell me it doesn't stink.

Oh wait, his post clears you of causing Spritle's death. Of course you won't question it.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:04:20 AM
@drafterman

I guess. It was just weird that you were so certain Torres didn't do something different (especially since I'm almost 100% sure spritle not only didn't listen to me, but lied about what he was gonna do).

I think hpg is probably our best target given that I doubt blackhawk was even online to submit his night actions for the first two night phases.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:05:45 AM
At 12/6/2011 9:01:43 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Ok, rest of my comments.

Honestly, I have no idea WTF is going on. I'll have a better idea if logic confirms he killed spinko, who should have claimed last DP if he didn't want to be vig killed, although I wouldn't believe bodyguard as his claim anyway after what he soft claimed.

Honestly, mafia has become a lot harder, as danielle said, because a lot of you guys play retardedly, so I can't tell what is mafia activity and what is townie's playing dumb.

I'd have to guess that Spritle lied about who he was going to recruit and that's how he died, which is seriously the height of stupidity. It negates his entire role to do that.

I'd ALSO have to guess that we're about to lose, which means we should vote really carefully.

Lastly, this is possible speculation, but maybe headphonegut is mafia and is afraid who I will kill when I'm lynched, which is why he tried to save me? Or he's town and grey and drafter have some type of conspiracy going.

Grey, you never said your result on hpg, but I assume it's guilty, which is meaningless since you're obviously paranoid. And you said you wanted to check someone who was obviously town, which hpg wasn't.

Wait, wtf, since when was he even playing??

No I targetted SPRITLE not HPG... I really wasn't sure that Spritle wasn't a cult recruiter... call it nooby town instincts :(
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:06:10 AM
Oh wait, he said they were forfeited.

Ummmm, let's hear from logic. I may be inclined to lynch grey, although he may be third party, not mafia, which may mean we lose at this point.

Lynching drafterman may be a better choice (if grey is third party). That whole two shot LD thing isn't very common and is kind of overpowered.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:07:23 AM
At 12/6/2011 9:04:20 AM, bluesteel wrote:
@drafterman

I guess. It was just weird that you were so certain Torres didn't do something different (especially since I'm almost 100% sure spritle not only didn't listen to me, but lied about what he was gonna do).

I think hpg is probably our best target given that I doubt blackhawk was even online to submit his night actions for the first two night phases.

I may be quick to build a case against someone once I catch a scent. I think that much is certain, but it's most certainly not a mafia tell.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:07:55 AM
Hm, I forgot about Torres again though. Prob have to lynch headphonegut.

Ok, but you still didn't say your result grey, which was weird.... What was the result?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:09:38 AM
At 12/6/2011 9:06:10 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Oh wait, he said they were forfeited.

Ummmm, let's hear from logic. I may be inclined to lynch grey, although he may be third party, not mafia, which may mean we lose at this point.

Lynching drafterman may be a better choice (if grey is third party). That whole two shot LD thing isn't very common and is kind of overpowered.

The only reason I can think of why mafia still keeps me alive is that Drafterman seems to have control of me somehow.... also it's obvious my results are either wrong or there is a framer....
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:11:43 AM
Ok, so framer, if you're telling the truth... You didn't think that's something we'd like to know?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:13:28 AM
Does anyone think it's weird that Torres' character isn't a "hero." This is Heroes vs. Villains mafia.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:14:24 AM
At 12/6/2011 9:13:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Does anyone think it's weird that Torres' character isn't a "hero." This is Heroes vs. Villains mafia.

I went through that rigamarole in my head. It's subjection. I had latent suspicion against LDF because, while Snake was the "protagonist" of his movies, he wasn't by any means, a "hero." I didn't think it was enough to go on.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 9:14:34 AM
We should get medic's role claim before proceeding since this might be our last DP. If it stinks, we should lynch drafterman or medic.