Jump to topic:

Beginner 3.3 - Illuminati - Day Phase 2

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 4:59:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lord Rothschild is sitting back and laughing at the confusion of his puppets. He sent one of his minions to destroy a defective puppet. Will Smith had been asleep in his bed, dreaming of a life far away from the wrath of the Illuminati. Chillin out, Maxin, Relaxin all cool... a gunshot in the middle of his forehead. Dead before he could open his eyes.

As the puppets reassemble for the new day, the Illuminati Heads throw on their makeup and wigs and sneak into the mix. Can the puppets spot the outcasts?

Deathbed

Blackhawk Will Smith- Your illuminati symbol is the number 6. Because you study Scientology, you gain secret knowledge from aliens. Each night you may choose a player and learn what their illuminati symbol is. Symbols are given to the puppets (town) so you will know someone is suspect if they have no symbol. You win with the town.

Active Players

Jmnotguilty
Andromeda_Z
PartamRuhem
Squirtle
Lordknukle
Man-Is-Good
Drafterman
F-16 Fighting Falcon
Blackvoid
Viper-King
TruthAnalyst
DevonNetzley

***Trying to find a replacement for DevonNetzley***

with 12 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:09:49 PM
AndroZ - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ____Jay Z___ - __________
B.Hawk - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
B. Void - "Iwwtt" - __________ - DaveChapelle - __________
Devon. - ______ - __________ - ___________ - __________
Drafte. - "Iwwtt" - ___L. Bolt__ - _Lady Gaga_ - __________
F-16 F - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
JMNot. - "Iwwtt" - Pentagram_ - __Beyonce__ - __________
Lordkn - "Iwwtt" - ___N/A____ - ___M.C.____ - ___Miller___
Man-Is - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
Partam - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
Spritle - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___B.S.____ - __________
TruthA - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ____E.T____ - __________
ViperK - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________

-----Unnofficial Vote-Count-----
Vote For Truth. Vote For Pie.
Truth-Pie 2012 (member FDIC)
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:19:11 PM
Also, these are the players that stated that their PM didn't mention town only having symbols(in order)

Drafterman, Truth, Spritle, LordKnukle, Partham

Sorry if I missed somebody.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:38:18 PM
So basically... no symbol=mafia.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:46:16 PM
I am thinking we should pressure JM to find out what exactly his investigative role is and ask him what he did the previous night. I am thinking either jm is town and BlackVoid and Drafterman are using a minor slip-up (humor) to justify going after him OR he really is a mafia and they spotted him. It is too early to tell and I was not online for most of the previous day phase. I think we should be cautious in trying to find out who is lying. It is also possible that JM as well as either BV or Drafterman is town and the third person is a mafioso joining in on a possible mislynch.

Drafterman and BlackVoid, can you explain to me EXACTLY what it was that made you want to lynch JM? I am a little confused on this whole "humor" thing.

In the meantime, jm, give us your results.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:50:18 PM
Right now, I am betting the mafia are probably new players. It would be unwise for even a moderately experienced player like Drafterman or BlackVoid to kill someone who is garnering some suspicion. If they were mafia, they would be hoping for a BH mislynch. I am going to

VTL jm_notguilty for his investigative results
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:54:06 PM
VTL JM for investigation results
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:58:13 PM
*walks through the game casually*
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:14:13 PM
Just a reference to help put everyone's experience in perspective. I gotta go but I'll be back.

Highly experienced players
Andromeda_Z

Moderately experienced players
Man-Is-Good
F-16 Fighting Falcon
Blackvoid
PartamRuhem
Squirtle
Drafterman

New Players
Lordknukle
Jmnotguilty
Viper-King
TruthAnalyst
DevonNetzley
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:32:41 PM
At 12/6/2011 5:46:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am thinking we should pressure JM to find out what exactly his investigative role is and ask him what he did the previous night. I am thinking either jm is town and BlackVoid and Drafterman are using a minor slip-up (humor) to justify going after him OR he really is a mafia and they spotted him. It is too early to tell and I was not online for most of the previous day phase. I think we should be cautious in trying to find out who is lying. It is also possible that JM as well as either BV or Drafterman is town and the third person is a mafioso joining in on a possible mislynch.

Drafterman and BlackVoid, can you explain to me EXACTLY what it was that made you want to lynch JM? I am a little confused on this whole "humor" thing.

Out of all the possible "illuminati" people, JM decided, out of the blue, to say that Lady Gag was Godfather. At this point I had not character claimed, but I did give my symbol.

To me this suggested that he knew that my symbol belonged to Lady Gaga and was trying to set up for me to get suspicion when I finally claimed.

I asked him why he said what he said, and he tried to justify his remark. Only after I started calling for pressure with votes did he try and play it off as a joke, but I don't see the humor.

Seems highly coincidental.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:40:32 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:33:30 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/6/2011 5:58:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
*walks through the game casually*

HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS!!!oneone

VTL TV

That was obviously a joke. An experienced player like that would not try to be so obvious.
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:41:10 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:32:41 PM, drafterman wrote:

Out of all the possible "illuminati" people, JM decided, out of the blue, to say that Lady Gag was Godfather. At this point I had not character claimed, but I did give my symbol.

To me this suggested that he knew that my symbol belonged to Lady Gaga and was trying to set up for me to get suspicion when I finally claimed.

I asked him why he said what he said, and he tried to justify his remark. Only after I started calling for pressure with votes did he try and play it off as a joke, but I don't see the humor.

You keep blowing the interaction out of proportion and mis-representing JM. This is what happened, he didn't start backpeddling after you pressured. He never presented it as a serious claim to begin with.

JM: I'm guessing Lady Gaga is the GF.
DM: Maybe I missed something in the thread, but where did you get Lada Gaga and what makes you think she's GF?
JM: Just a guess, of all the pop singers related to the Illuminati Conspiracy, Lady Gaga is more... well, controversial. IMHO.
DM: I have a BIG suspicion of JM. I'm lady gaga.
JM: Well, that's a coincidence, hello there Lady Gaga.
But really, I didn't directly accuse you of being the GF. I just did a very wild guess for the fun of it. Don't take it seriously lol.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:43:53 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:41:10 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:

You keep blowing the interaction out of proportion and mis-representing JM.

F-16 asked for my reasons. I gave it. Why are you so hard on defending him?

This is what happened, he didn't start backpeddling after you pressured. He never presented it as a serious claim to begin with.

DM: Maybe I missed something in the thread, but where did you get Lada Gaga and what makes you think she's GF?
JM: Just a guess, of all the pop singers related to the Illuminati Conspiracy, Lady Gaga is more... well, controversial. IMHO.
But really, I didn't directly accuse you of being the GF. I just did a very wild guess for the fun of it. Don't take it seriously lol.

I asked you in DP1 to show me how it was funny. Oddly, no one can seem to do that.
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:47:26 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:43:53 PM, drafterman wrote:

This is what happened, he didn't start backpeddling after you pressured. He never presented it as a serious claim to begin with.

I asked you in DP1 to show me how it was funny. Oddly, no one can seem to do that.

I'm not specifically defending JM, I'm more attacking your insistence on claiming it was a big deal when it wasn't. You are turning a molehill into Mt. Everest.

It's not supposed to be a fall-out-of-you-chair funny joke... he just told you not to take it seriously. Beside, Lady Gaga is always good for a laugh.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:52:24 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:47:26 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:

I'm not specifically defending JM, I'm more attacking your insistence on claiming it was a big deal when it wasn't. You are turning a molehill into Mt. Everest.

In other words, you're basically saying you can't read. It's not like I came out of the blue with this in this phase. F-16, specifically asked me my reasons. I was responding to a direct question. What should I have done? Tell F-16 to fvck off? No, he asked why I did what I did, and I responded.

It's not supposed to be a fall-out-of-you-chair funny joke... he just told you not to take it seriously. Beside, Lady Gaga is always good for a laugh.

I didn't say find the "fall-out-my-chair" humor. I said find ANY humor. Look at his original statement, in isolation, and tell me, in all honesty, if you would have thought it was serious or a joke without considering his later statements. And then remember he only provided those statements under direct questioning.
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:18:39 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:52:24 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/6/2011 6:47:26 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:

In other words, you're basically saying you can't read. It's not like I came out of the blue with this in this phase. F-16, specifically asked me my reasons. I was responding to a direct question. What should I have done? Tell F-16 to fvck off? No, he asked why I did what I did, and I responded.

I didn't say find the "fall-out-my-chair" humor. I said find ANY humor. Look at his original statement, in isolation, and tell me, in all honesty, if you would have thought it was serious or a joke without considering his later statements. And then remember he only provided those statements under direct questioning.

I don't consider any of what he said to be serious. Thinking of Lady Gaga as the GF is actually pretty funny...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:21:57 PM
But would a mafia, even a beginner mafia, expose the godfather on purpose? Most likely not.
It seems as tho it might have in fact been a joke. Not a good one, but perhaps still a joke.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:26:10 PM
At 12/6/2011 7:21:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
But would a mafia, even a beginner mafia, expose the godfather on purpose? Most likely not.
It seems as tho it might have in fact been a joke. Not a good one, but perhaps still a joke.

I'm not suggesting he was actually trying to expose the Godfather. I'm saying he was trying to suggest that I, Lady Gaga, am the Godfather to throw suspicion on me, while at the same time, preventing me from being exonerated by an innocent result. I found it all to be a bit too coincidental.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:28:15 PM
meh I'll play along for now.

VTL JM for investigative results
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:43:58 PM
At 12/6/2011 7:28:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
meh I'll play along for now.

VTL JM for investigative results

Ah, thought you were the 5th but you had already voted him.

AndroZ - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ____Jay Z___ - __________
B.Hawk - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
B. Void - "Iwwtt" - __________ - DaveChapelle - __________
Devon. - ______ - __________ - ___________ - __________
Drafte. - "Iwwtt" - ___L. Bolt__ - _Lady Gaga_ - __________
F-16 F - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
JMNot. - "Iwwtt" - Pentagram_ - __Beyonce__ - __________
Lordkn - "Iwwtt" - ___N/A____ - ___M.C.____ - ___Miller___
Man-Is - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
Partam - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________
Spritle - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___B.S.____ - __________
TruthA - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ____E.T____ - __________
ViperK - "Iwwtt" - __________ - ___________ - __________

-----Unnofficial Vote-Count-----

JMNotGuilty - 4/6 - LordNukle, F-16, Spritle, Drafterman
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:49:50 PM
At 12/6/2011 4:59:01 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Blackhawk Will Smith- Your illuminati symbol is the number 6. Because you study Scientology, you gain secret knowledge from aliens. Each night you may choose a player and learn what their illuminati symbol is. Symbols are given to the puppets (town) so you will know someone is suspect if they have no symbol. You win with the town.

I guess he wasn't lying about that. I don't know how much good it will do now, but my symbol is the triangle. Anyway, that (the bolded part) pretty much settles the issue of whether or not the illuminati is the town. Illuminati puppets are the town. Maybe the people controlling the puppets are mafia? Or the people that rebelled against the illuminati (see OP of DP1). I guess we'll find out when we lynch a mafioso.
TheTruthAnalyst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 7:58:26 PM
At 12/6/2011 7:49:50 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I guess he wasn't lying about that. I don't know how much good it will do now, but my symbol is the triangle. Anyway, that (the bolded part) pretty much settles the issue of whether or not the illuminati is the town. Illuminati puppets are the town. Maybe the people controlling the puppets are mafia? Or the people that rebelled against the illuminati (see OP of DP1). I guess we'll find out when we lynch a mafioso.

If the mafia are the ones who rebelled against the illuminati, then Blackvoid(I believe it was him) becomes a person of interest, having said his character rejected the illuminati.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:06:01 PM
At 12/6/2011 7:58:26 PM, TheTruthAnalyst wrote:
At 12/6/2011 7:49:50 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

If the mafia are the ones who rebelled against the illuminati, then Blackvoid(I believe it was him) becomes a person of interest, having said his character rejected the illuminati.

Yeah, reading over the OP of DP1 again, it seems that the puppets who retaliated are going to mess things up for the Illuminati (and therefore the rest of the puppets). VTL Blackvoid. Not for a lynch (at least, not yet), but for an explanation. How is your character, who is clearly not a puppet, town?

Here's the OP I'm talking about, for anyone that doesn't feel like looking it up: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:07:30 PM
VOTE COUNT

JM_notguilty - (4/6) - F-16, Lordknukle, Spritle, Drafterman

---Blackhawk has replaced DevonNeztley---
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 8:14:21 PM
At 12/6/2011 8:07:30 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
VOTE COUNT

JM_notguilty - (4/6) - F-16, Lordknukle, Spritle, Drafterman

---Blackhawk has replaced DevonNeztley---

VTL Blackvoid again. :p