Jump to topic:

Medic0506:

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 9:52:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please don't step down as minister of mafia. There is no one else who is good enough to take your place. Yes, there are plenty of good players and plenty of amazing mods at DDO but no one is as good as you at introducing new players to the game.

About 2 months ago, I had already been on DDO for a couple of months yet did not know a lot about mafia. I played the knowledge game but didn't really participate as I had no clue how to play. I would usually ignore the games forum and wonder what it was that caused such a high activity level in that forum. It just happened that one day I looked through it and saw the sign ups for your beginner's 1.3 game.

At first, I didn't really get the concept of the game at all and was frustrated for most of the game. I was pretty sure at that point that I would quit after the game is done and stick to debating. It was only through your help and encouragement that I started to see what the game was truly about and started to have fun while playing.

I later signed up for the Assassins Creed game as well as your next series of beginner games and soon got addicted to it. Now I spend more time checking the games forum and posting in mafia games than I do debating. I didn't debate in a month! (Although I am going to start again now). It also helped me get to know a lot more members than I would had I never played mafia. Mafia is now the biggest reason I log onto this site every day.

In your time as minister of mafia, you brought tons and tons of new players to the world of mafia who are now pretty good. You have changed the reason many people log onto to this website from debating to playing mafia.

I ask that you don't step down as minister and continue to bring new players and help them understand and enjoy this wonderful game. I also ask that Innomen reconsider his decision to appoint a new minister of mafia as there is NO ONE on this site that can truly fill Medic's shoes.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:48:54 PM
NOOOO. Medic can't step down!! I completely agree. If it weren't for his Mob Wars game, I don't think I would have stuck with the game AT ALL.

He is probably THE BEST that we could find to host the beginner games. :(

We love you medic, whatever you decide, but please decide to keep running the games. :)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 3:44:21 PM
He really should keep his position. I, just like F-16 and LDF, have gotten so into mafia mainly because of Medic. His compassion entrances the player, and I don't want to see that go, but we unfortunately don't have a say in it. If he needs time off, I can understand that.

Sorry to see Medic go :(
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 8:32:08 PM
Medic's a good beginner mod, but he's nothing to weep over. Seriously, most of the players on this site never had him show us how to play and we turned out fine. Someone new will step up and we'll see if they hold up to the askbob-Ore_Ele-medic0506 standard. If they do, great. If they don't then we get someone new.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 1:10:38 AM
At 12/9/2011 8:32:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Medic's a good beginner mod, but he's nothing to weep over. Seriously, most of the players on this site never had him show us how to play and we turned out fine. Someone new will step up and we'll see if they hold up to the askbob-Ore_Ele-medic0506 standard. If they do, great. If they don't then we get someone new.

If medic0506 wants to keep the position, he is welcome to it but since he is voluntarily stepping down, I pretty much agree with socialpinko.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...