Anonymous Mafia Endgame

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 5:59:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MAFIA WINS.

1. Stonehenge - Fake cop – You are third party and win only if you falsely confirm a Mafioso as a townie through your "role investigations" (and don't win if you later "un-confirm" that person, such as by dying or confessing the truth). You receive no actual results, however. You will appear innocent to other investigative roles. Each NP, you may "visit" one person (to fool anyone who may be seeing where you go at night). Win condition: falsely confirm a Mafioso then survive.
2. ironwood - Beloved princess – if killed by town, they will be penalized a DP. If killed by mafia, they will be penalized a NP. You win with the town.
4. booger - Tree stump – if at any time you role claim your true role, you die. You win with the town.
5. Lord-Frederick-Danton - Role blocker – your RB applies to both the NP and the following DP. You win with the mafia.
6. Badnames - Vigilante – You may kill one player each NP. You win with the town.
7. Notizbo – Janitor. You have a one-shot power to wipe the role of your NK from being announced in the DP and instead the role will be announced to you. You win with the mafia.
8. Tom-Cruise - Miller Bulletproof – You are a bulletproof who appears guilty to all investigative roles. You win with the town.
9. Guilty - Jailkeeper – each NP, you put targeted player in jail, rendering him or her unable to use his/her role for one phase, but he/she will be protected during that period. You win with the town.
10. fubar (replaced by the_lwerd)- Super-godfather – You can fool both cops and lie detectors. You win with the mafia.
11. beeb - Day time lie detector – each Day Phase, you can check the truthfulness of one statement. You win with the town.
12. The_Lwerd - Watcher – See everyone who visits targeted player during the NP. You win with the town.

NP1

Guilty jails L-F-D (blocks his RB abilitiy)
Stonehenge visits ironwood (fake)
The_Lwerd watches self
Mafia RB ironwood
Kill and janitor beeb
Badnames – no kill

NP2

Guilty jails tom-cruise
Stonehenge (fake) visits badnames
Mafia RB ironwood
Mafia NK stonehenge
Badnames – kill notizbo

NP3

Badnames vig kills tom (fail, bulletproof)
Mafia RB and kills ironwood (preventing beloved princess role from kicking in)

DP4 remaining players:

2. Lord-Frederick-Danton
3. badnames
4. Tom-Cruise
6. fubar (replaced by the_Lwerd)

2-2, Mafia Win.

Notice, mafia got really lucky. Had they killed the beloved princess without RB, they would have likely lost. Had they targeted the "miller" for a free kill, they likely would have lost. Had badnames targeted the_Lwerd or LordFD, mafia likely would have lost. Mafia was also really confused about who the vig was. Interesting tactic badnames. Although it almost got you lynched...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:01:05 PM
I think the general consensus is that switching usernames is too tedious. Activity levels for this game were way low.

It also produces a problem for mafia since they can't lurk while discussing in the mafia PM. Activity logs could easily reveal mafia if scrutinized.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:01:48 PM
Yeah, the inactivity killed it. :/
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:06:58 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:02:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/9/2011 6:01:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:

You were Tom Cruise right?

I think LDF admitted to being Tom.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:07:00 PM

Maybe, maybe not.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:07:35 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:06:58 PM, Rusty wrote:

I think LDF admitted to being Tom.

She is not Tom.
The_Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:08:29 PM
So when I watched myself and didn't get a report that no one visited me, that wasn't becaused I was jailed? That was confusing as holy hades.
The_Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:09:31 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:08:29 PM, The_Lwerd wrote:
So when I watched myself and didn't get a report that no one visited me, that wasn't becaused I was jailed? That was confusing as holy hades.

So while I was right that the commuter, erm, jailor could target other people. I was only right because of luck. Sadness.
Stonehenge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:11:59 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:09:53 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am dying to know who was who. Lwerd, what is your primary account? TV, what was your alt account?

I'm Andromeda.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:12:45 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:11:59 PM, Stonehenge wrote:
I am dying to know who was who. Lwerd, what is your primary account? TV, what was your alt account?

I'm Andromeda.

I knew you were. The only person who is ever AWAY is you.
Stonehenge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:13:48 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:12:45 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/9/2011 6:11:59 PM, Stonehenge wrote:

I'm Andromeda.

I knew you were. The only person who is ever AWAY is you.

Damn. I never messed up the account I was using, but then i do that. >.<
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:13:50 PM
Wait, is posting the mafia PM standard policy with these games? I've only really played askbob's games and it was a very cool feature. :)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:19:22 PM
That was closer than I expected. This game was quite amusing.

I was your Lord Frederick Danton. The funniest thing was that I was going to unvote, but unvoted on my main account, and as I didn't want to confirm my real identity I stayed away from posting as the Lord for a while. This meant the DP 1 lynch went through as people mistook my main account's unvote as being real, which lead to the DP 2 lynch due to hammering issues of DP 1. Effectively, my mistake instigated 2 mislynches!

Funny thing is that prior to notizbo's death my plan was to claim jailkeeper! I was roleblocker, so it fitted with my plan. Lucky I didn't claim that!

I also did recognise that Badnames could have been the vig near the end in my Mafia PM. I asked Blue to confirm the targets of our previous roleblocks as I realised Ironwood wasn't vig, ergo, Badnames was vig.

I nearly screwed things up terminally DP 3. I actually thought my story made perfect sense and was a brilliant tactic ... until I realised I was supposedly roleblocked. I then came up with my DP story, but am surprised that was believed. Blue, the DP part of my role was a trick on your part, right?

It was difficult switching accounts this game I admit, but I think it's a good concept to try again if people want to (although they don't seem to want to...) . 1 thing that was fun as Mafia was that part of disguising your posts can be making them very hard to read, which is a good Mafia tactic as you help town less. In this game people allowed for such obfuscation though. It was annoying when people then demanded I stop disguising myself - I had a great chuckle when I killed of my servant during DP 2!

The thing with this anonymous game was that a lot of the best players were the ones with the more detailed posts, as usual, meaning if we were to kill based on player instinct the results wouldn't differ that much.

Finally, did anybody think I wasn't Logic prior to DP 3 (when I started talking normally) ?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:26:43 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:19:22 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
That was closer than I expected. This game was quite amusing.

I was your Lord Frederick Danton. The funniest thing was that I was going to unvote, but unvoted on my main account, and as I didn't want to confirm my real identity I stayed away from posting as the Lord for a while. This meant the DP 1 lynch went through as people mistook my main account's unvote as being real, which lead to the DP 2 lynch due to hammering issues of DP 1. Effectively, my mistake instigated 2 mislynches!

Funny thing is that prior to notizbo's death my plan was to claim jailkeeper! I was roleblocker, so it fitted with my plan. Lucky I didn't claim that!

I also did recognise that Badnames could have been the vig near the end in my Mafia PM. I asked Blue to confirm the targets of our previous roleblocks as I realised Ironwood wasn't vig, ergo, Badnames was vig.

I nearly screwed things up terminally DP 3. I actually thought my story made perfect sense and was a brilliant tactic ... until I realised I was supposedly roleblocked. I then came up with my DP story, but am surprised that was believed. Blue, the DP part of my role was a trick on your part, right?

It was difficult switching accounts this game I admit, but I think it's a good concept to try again if people want to (although they don't seem to want to...) . 1 thing that was fun as Mafia was that part of disguising your posts can be making them very hard to read, which is a good Mafia tactic as you help town less. In this game people allowed for such obfuscation though. It was annoying when people then demanded I stop disguising myself - I had a great chuckle when I killed of my servant during DP 2!

The thing with this anonymous game was that a lot of the best players were the ones with the more detailed posts, as usual, meaning if we were to kill based on player instinct the results wouldn't differ that much.

Finally, did anybody think I wasn't Logic prior to DP 3 (when I started talking normally) ?

I can't believe Tom bought your story, at least with such certainty.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:33:34 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:29:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/9/2011 6:28:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I know. Tom got DUPED. :/

I just hope Tom isn't TV. But likely we will never know.

Tom is LDF.

I probably did not make as strong arguments in my defense as I could have. Between 4 and 7 are really bad times for me to be online.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:33:41 PM
logic, the ability to RB day roles was not a trick. You janitored a day time lie detector.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:34:35 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:33:34 PM, drafterman wrote:

Tom is LDF.

I probably did not make as strong arguments in my defense as I could have. Between 4 and 7 are really bad times for me to be online.

Tom is NOT Lickdafoot. I can recognize the play style.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:34:48 PM
Mafia got super lucky with their first kill btw.

Beeb checked ironwood DP1.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:36:15 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:33:41 PM, bluesteel wrote:
logic, the ability to RB day roles was not a trick. You janitored a day time lie detector.

I know that. My point is that only 1 DP role got me in serious trouble. When I claimed day time lie detector I expected other DP roles to exist. They didn't, hence a blind of sorts.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:41:01 PM
You know the funniest part is that I basically copy-pasted one of Danielle's lines: "see how helpful that was" right out of the Heroes v Villains game and that got everyone thinking that Danielle was Ironwood, haha.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:41:14 PM
At 12/9/2011 6:34:35 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/9/2011 6:33:34 PM, drafterman wrote:

Tom is LDF.

Tom is NOT Lickdafoot. I can recognize the play style.

Uhm... Tom ADMITTED to being LDF after she read one of my posts where I was talking about LFD and she got confused.