Jump to topic:

Beginner 4.1 - Day Phase 1

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 9:49:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Your co-moderators for this game are F-16_Fighting_Falcon and tvellalot. Feel free to ask any of us questions at any time.

This is known as the day phase, where all the action happens.

Rules:

1. You may not screenprint your role pm or any pms for any reason. Ever. This will never change. Do it and I will modkill you. You may also not copy and paste the contents of your role pm. You may only summarize.

2. You may not be inactive for an entire day phase, otherwise you will be replaced

3. You must ask all private questions in your role pm.

4. You must vote for a person in bold Example: "Vote john"

5. You may unvote at any time in bold

6. Once a majority of votes has been obtained on a player in the day phase, or the mafia have selected him to be killed at night, the player is "dead" (removed from the game) and may not post in any of the threads or pms. The person is out of the game.

7. Townies may sign up as a replacement after they die. Mafia may not (since they know who is in the mafia).

8. Please ask me unlimited amounts of questions via pms.

9. You may not communicate with anyone about this game in Private Messages unless I have created the Private Message and am a part of the private message. If anyone else is doing this, it is cheating. Report them immediately.

10. Please be active and post.

11. You may vote for a "No-Lynch" in bold. If there is a majority the game will proceed to the night phase with no one being lynched.

Role PMs were already sent out. Mafia players will receive a PM which will inform them that they are mafia. A Private Message will be created between the mafia members and myself by myself. Townie players will receive a PM which will inform that they are townie and nothing else. No PM will be created for Townies. Mafia will know who the townies are and who the mafia are. Townies will not know who the townies or the mafia are.

The mafia goal is to survive without being lynched (voted off) during the day phase. They will try to kill off who they perceive to be the most valuable townie player at night. There will be four mafia players. When 6 townies have been eliminated, the mafia will win. The reason for is this because with 4 townies and 4 mafia, the mafia will just refuse to vote for each other. This will cause a "no-lynch" where no one is lynched and the game proceeds to the night phase where the mafia will kill off a townie and then lynch the next one during the next day phase as they will then have the majority of 4 to 3.

The townie goal is to prevent the mafia goal of winning and to eliminate all mafia players. The game will not end with a townie victory unless all mafia players have been eliminated.

As soon as a player has been lynched (voted out) the dead persons allegiance (townie or mafia) will be announced and the game will change from day phase to night phase. What this means is that the mafia will kill someone and have time to decide who they will kill. During this time there will be no posting in the day phase. After the kill has been decided, the next day phase will immediately start and the killed player will be announced along with his allegiance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the possible role pms since you are all beginners you can see them all. Some of these were intentionally not used so that the mafia players can pretend to be those roles.

You are the reviver and may bring one dead townie back to life at any point in the game. You can only use this ability once and are a townie.

You are the mason recruiter. You are aligned with the Townies. So what is the mason recruiter? Every other day phase you get to pick a player and have them included in a secret pm. You will die if you pick a mafia player or you will survive and the mafia member will become a spy within your organization. The mafia member (upon you choosing to recruit them) will be given a choice whether or not they would rather have you die, or become a spy within the masons. This means that the people who you recruit are not guaranteed to be townie players as they could be a mafia spy in disguise. The player will not be recruited into the masons regardless of their alignment until the next day phase. You may also not discuss in your mason pm who you would like to recruit or who you recruited. This way if you die, your teammates will be unsure of who the mafia member you tried to recruit was. If you discuss who you would like to recruit prior to recruiting, regardless of that persons true allegiance, you will miss your recruiting opportunity. If you discuss who you attempted to recruit after you died (if you recruited a mafia member) then your team will be penalized in the form of a modkill. And I will be displeased. Your mason teammates will be notified with the same message of not discussing recruitment. It is a personal choice for you only to make and for you only to discuss. This is to keep the game fair. You are allowed to recruit on Day Phases 1, 3, 5, 7. You may choose to recruit them any time during the day in your role pm by saying __RECRUIT__THEIR__SCREENNAME_.

You are the beloved princess and if you are killed by a townie, the town will be penalized by having the next day phase skipped. If you are killed by the mafia, the mafia will be penalized by skipping the next night phase. Thus it is terrible when the townies kill you, but not so bad if the mafia kill you. If you are killed during day phase 1, then the mafia will get two kills in a row for as day phase 2 will be skipped. If the mafia kill you at night then the town will get two lynches in a row as the night phase will be skipped. You are a townie.

You are the mafia suicide bomber. At any point in the game you can attack a townie and suicide bomb him or her. You will die as well as the townie that you target. Remember the doctor can only protect himself at night so the day phase is probably your best bet for using your role.

You are the survivor. Your goal is to get through this game alive. If you survive until the end, you win. If you die, you lose. You are not aligned with either the townies or the mafia but are on your own team.

You are the (mafia/townie) politician. Every night phase you can steal a players vote and make them vote for whoever you want. They can vote for themselves, they can vote for you, they can vote for who you think is (townie/mafia), etc. You have been assigned either a mafia or townie alignment which will be undisclosed in the forums but apparent in your pm.

You are the tracker and can "follow" one player per night. You will be told who they visit but not what they do. Thus if a doctor protects someone, they will have visited them. If the politician steals someones vote, they will have visited them. You are a townie.

You are the watcher, and you are a townie. Every odd night (1, 3, 5, 7, etc), you may pick one player to "watch," and you will see every player who visits that person but not what they do. You are different from a tracker. A tracker sees everyone who a target visits, so for example, if the tracker tracks the doctor, he can see who the doctor chooses to protect. A watcher sees everyone who visits someone, so if the watcher watches the bulletproof, he may see both the mafia godfather and the townie vigilante attempt to kill the bulletproof, unsuccessfully.

You are the jack of all trades and have the following three one-shot abilities: you may either heal, kill, or investigate someone during the night phase. You may use each of these only once. You are aligned with the town. Announce your decision to me any time in the role pm and it will happen during the night phase.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 9:51:15 PM
You are the doctor and can protect someone once per night. You may also choose to protect yourself instead of others. The person who you protect cannot be killed by the mafia. This means if the mafia tries to kill the person you protected, it will not work and they will lose the chance to kill. You are a townie

You are the mafia godfather. You have no special powers except that you're badass and you appear innocent on investigation.

You are the jester. You are neither mafia nor townie but third party. You are on your own team. You win the game if the townies lynch you. You lose the game if you survive or are night killed by the mafia. Your goal is to be lynched during the day phase. Typically, you can do so by acting suspicious, getting people to ask you for a role claim, then claiming a role that another player most likely has.

You are a vanilla townie and have now powers. You are aligned with the town.

You are a mafia goon and have no powers. You are aligned with the mafia.

You are the vigilante. Once every other night you are allowed to kill a player of your choice. You are aligned with the town. You are allowed to kill someone on Night Phases 1, 3, 5, 7

You are the mafia Role Blocker. You have the awesome ability of blocking a townie's role. You will block their role at night or in the day depending on the nature of their role. You get to use your power once per night phase.

You are the townie miller. You have no special powers except that when you are investigated, you appear guilty.

You are the bulletproof townie. You cannot be night-killed by the mafia. You are aligned with the town. So if the mafia attempt to kill you, they will be blocked and will lose a chance at killing you. You can however be lynched.

You are the cop and can investigate someone once every other night. If they are mafia they will appear guilty. If townie they will appear innocent. You are a townie. You may investigate someone on Night Phases 1, 3, 5, 7

You are the Mafia role cop. Just like the townie cop, you can investigate people on odd night phases (1, 3, 5, 7, etc), but instead of finding out whether a player is innocent or guilty, you find out that person's role. You can use your investigative powers to help the mafia find powerful roles so you guys know who to kill. You can also use your role to find out, through process of elimination, which roles are in the game and which aren't, easily allowing you and your mafia teammates to claim believable fake roles so the townies will not lynch you. For example, if you found out what all the remaining townies' roles were and you knew that none of them were bulletproof, you can successfully fake claim the townie bulletproof role. You should keep a list throughout the game (in your mafia PM of course) of all the roles you know people have.

Common Mafia Terminology and Tactics:

Lynch – when a majority of votes is reached on a player, that player is said to be lynched and dies

VTL – "vote to lynch"

No lynch – a vote to end the day phase without anyone being lynched

VTNL – "vote no lynch"

FOS – "finger of suspicion" – said about a player who is acting suspicious (example: "F-16 claimed a stupid role – FOS on F-16")

Scummy – acting like mafia

Bandwagoning – When a player changes his or her vote often, jumping on every potential lynch opportunity. Often a sign of someone being mafia, overeager for blood.

Buddying – When one player seems to agree with another player all the time. Often a sign of a mafioso (either sucking up to a townie or agreeing with his fellow mafia teammate)

Role claim – When a player is asked to tell the town his role, often to ascertain how likely it is that he is town.

Fake claim – When mafia claim a fake role to appear like they are part of the town.

cc – "counter claim" When a second player claims the same role as someone else who has already claimed, they are said to be "counter-claiming" the first player. Usually, the first player is a Mafioso with a fake claim and the second player is a townie.

Mislynch – lynching a townie instead of a Mafioso.

LYLO – "lynch or lose" This describes a day phase where the mafia will win if the town mislynches. Mafia typically start with 1/3 to 1/4th of the players in the game, so it may become clear at some point that if the town kills the wrong person and the mafia then get a night kill that the ratio of mafiosos to remaining townies will be 1:1, meaning that the mafia win.

"Pressure" – Voting to lynch someone, not because you want them dead, but because you want that person to role claim. Typically, all players should role claim when they are between 50 to 75% of the way to being lynched.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 9:52:09 PM
ACTIVE PLAYERS:

01. deamonomic
02. buckethead
03. Wierdman
04. royalpaladin
05. Lordknukle
06. TheTruthAnalyst
07. Stephen_Hawkins
08. Viper-King
09. Chthonian
10. Jordan56
11. caveat
12. jm_notguilty
13. Oryus
14. tyler90az

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 10:20:22 PM
Random number generator says that we should pressure 12.

VTL JM for a character claim
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:07:43 PM
At 12/10/2011 10:20:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Lordknuckle seems eager for the kill. I can almost guarantee that he is a mafia member.

VTL LordKnuckle
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 11:13:07 PM
Lynch-0-Tron

jm_notguilty – 1/8 – (Lordknukle)
Lordknukle – 1/8 – (royalpaladin)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 4:18:14 AM
VTL LordKnuckle as he is wanting to lynch waay to quickly
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 8:05:53 AM
At 12/10/2011 11:07:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/10/2011 10:20:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Lordknuckle seems eager for the kill. I can almost guarantee that he is a mafia member.

VTL LordKnuckle

VTNL LordKnuckle
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 8:39:00 AM
Lynch-0-Tron

Lordknukle – 3/8 – (royalpaladin, Stephen_Hawkins, Chthonian)
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:30:45 AM
At 12/11/2011 8:39:00 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Lynch-0-Tron

Lordknukle – 3/8 – (royalpaladin, Stephen_Hawkins, Chthonian)

VTL Lordknuckle
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:37:13 AM
wow guys...

I'm not trying to kill anybody. This is a tactic used to character claim. if you would like, I can unvote.

All I'm saying is that we need to start somewhere.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:46:19 AM
At 12/11/2011 9:37:13 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
wow guys...

I'm not trying to kill anybody. This is a tactic used to character claim. if you would like, I can unvote.

All I'm saying is that we need to start somewhere.

I agree, but let's start with you.

First, VTLing me first by using a 'Number Generator' as a reason is the most cliche thing I've ever heard. My bet is that you just VTL'd me because of all the players, we both are a bit experienced, and that maybe you have a bit of a bias since we did have a dispute in the Illuminati game.

Also, you never claimed town, noob mafia mistake.

VTL LK for PRESSURE on character claim.

I win with town btw, and would everyone please state if they are town or not? Thanks.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:49:50 AM
Lynch-0-Tron

Lordknukle – 5/8 – (royalpaladin, Stephen_Hawkins, Chthonian, tyler, jm_notguilty)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:55:03 AM
I win with town.

This game doesn't have characters and it would not be in the wisest decision for town to make my role claim.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:57:56 AM
My guess it the most of the guys that hopped onto the lynch with the exception of JM, were bandwagoning mafia.
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 9:58:42 AM
At 12/11/2011 9:55:03 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
I win with town.

This game doesn't have characters and it would not be in the wisest decision for town to make my role claim.

Damn, I forgot.

Unvote for now, let's see what the others have to say.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:02:38 AM
I say we go after a bandwagoner.

Chthonian didn't give any reason whatsoever so
VTL Chthonian for pressure/role claim/info.

This DP will most likely end in a VTNL anyways. The more information town can extract, the better.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:13:14 AM
At 12/11/2011 10:02:38 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

This DP will most likely end in a VTNL anyways. The more information town can extract, the better.

FOS on Chthonian!
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:37:00 AM

I don't have to give a reason, and I voted not to lynch; but if you need one: there is no reason to lynch you.
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:40:45 AM
At 12/11/2011 10:37:00 AM, Chthonian wrote:

I don't have to give a reason, and I voted not to lynch; but if you need one: there is no reason to lynch you.

Are you aligned with the town or mafia?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:45:15 AM
He immediately posted to lynch someone, and not to discuss roles, ideas, or strategies. This was an overly aggresive ploy by a mafia member to lynch a townie.

How do I know this? He refused to state his role when we asked him and when he was close to being lynched. I say that if he refuses to tell his role, we lynch him.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:47:11 AM
At 12/11/2011 9:58:42 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
I win with town.

Damn, I forgot.

We definitely have roles-he is lying.
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:48:42 AM
At 12/11/2011 10:47:11 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I win with town.

Damn, I forgot.

We have roles, but not characters.

Now, are you aligned with the Mafia or town?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:55:55 AM
At 12/11/2011 10:45:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
He immediately posted to lynch someone, and not to discuss roles, ideas, or strategies. This was an overly aggresive ploy by a mafia member to lynch a townie.

How do I know this? He refused to state his role when we asked him and when he was close to being lynched. I say that if he refuses to tell his role, we lynch him.

If I give out my role, i will immediately get killed in the next NP.

I have a powerful role.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:59:05 AM
At 12/11/2011 10:48:42 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:47:11 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I win with town.

Damn, I forgot.

We have roles, but not characters.

Now, are you aligned with the Mafia or town?

I am aligned with the town. What about you?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 11:01:18 AM
At 12/11/2011 10:55:55 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

I have a powerful role.

I think it is almost senseless to ask how someone is aligned; they will obviously say that they are aligned with the town. Lord Knuckle is clearly a member of the mafia; he is refusing to give out a role because he knows that if he picks the wrong one, the townies will immediately pick the wrong one. He wants us to post our roles so that he can figure out which one to use. I say we lynch him if he does not tell us his role in the next few hours.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 11:03:51 AM
Also, notice that he immediately attempted to lynch someone but then stopped when he realized that he himself was going to be lynched. The "information hunting" nonsense is a lie because he has not even asked anyone else about their allegiance. I smell a rat.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 11:07:32 AM
At 12/11/2011 11:01:18 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:55:55 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

I have a powerful role.

I think it is almost senseless to ask how someone is aligned; they will obviously say that they are aligned with the town. Lord Knuckle is clearly a member of the mafia; he is refusing to give out a role because he knows that if he picks the wrong one, the townies will immediately pick the wrong one. He wants us to post our roles so that he can figure out which one to use. I say we lynch him if he does not tell us his role in the next few hours.

... Have you ever played mafia before?

A mafia are a minority. They never speak up first and always go on the bandwagon.
The townies on the other hand are always vocal.

Your desire to lynch me because I'm town and you're mafia is interesting.

FOS and investigation on Royalpaladin

Regarding the role, if you've ever played mafia before, you would know that exposing powerful roles in the beginning is a big no-no. It leads to a NP kill.

YOU are the bandwagoner. YOU are Mafia.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 11:09:58 AM
If there is a day cop or LD, investigate Royalpaladin.