Total Posts:139|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Vigilante Mafia DP 1

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:17:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This game is nothing fancy, no specific theme, just to give us something to do until the games on the list get going again. Standard rules apply.

Active players

MIG
Andromeda_Z
PartamRuhem
Viperking
Mestari- Welcome back!
Spinko
Squirtle
DNinja
Lickdafoot
F-16 Fighting Falcon
Badger- waiting for response

With 11 players it takes 6 to lynch.

Good luck.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:24:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the Town.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:25:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:21:06 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Vtl Mestari nice to have you back :)

Thanks for the warm welcome love!

I don't know who this Viperking is so I want to get a read on his reactions. VTL Viper.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Spritle
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?
Spritle
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:30:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?

I figured i'd try this technique and see what happens. Now, if there is a doc he/she has an idea of who to protect. Plus, LD can check me as well. Then I can confirm myslef next DP when I get my investigation.

Also, we can find out if there is a vig or not. The mafia will surely kill me knowing I'm the cop. And a vig wouldn't kill a townie so I shouldn't die from a townie. Therefore, if there are multiple deaths we can see how many vigs there are.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:31:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:28:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I thought it would take forever for Mestari to log on so didn't bother adding pressure but this is a wonderful surprise.

VTL Mestari

Still backing up your girlfriend? =P
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:34:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:30:58 PM, Spritle wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?

I figured i'd try this technique and see what happens. Now, if there is a doc he/she has an idea of who to protect. Plus, LD can check me as well. Then I can confirm myslef next DP when I get my investigation.

Also, we can find out if there is a vig or not. The mafia will surely kill me knowing I'm the cop. And a vig wouldn't kill a townie so I shouldn't die from a townie. Therefore, if there are multiple deaths we can see how many vigs there are.

I think you are trying to use a strategy commonly known in online mafia as "Follow the cop." The only problem is that mafia can roleblock you every night if there is no watcher.
Spritle
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:36:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:34:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:30:58 PM, Spritle wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?

I figured i'd try this technique and see what happens. Now, if there is a doc he/she has an idea of who to protect. Plus, LD can check me as well. Then I can confirm myslef next DP when I get my investigation.

Also, we can find out if there is a vig or not. The mafia will surely kill me knowing I'm the cop. And a vig wouldn't kill a townie so I shouldn't die from a townie. Therefore, if there are multiple deaths we can see how many vigs there are.

I think you are trying to use a strategy commonly known in online mafia as "Follow the cop." The only problem is that mafia can roleblock you every night if there is no watcher.

They don't know if there is a watcher or not. And if they RB me then they wouldn't kill me. Unless they are dumb. Like I said, I am trying something new. Idk if it will work or not haha. But atleast you guys know who is a cop now.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:36:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:31:07 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:28:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I thought it would take forever for Mestari to log on so didn't bother adding pressure but this is a wonderful surprise.

VTL Mestari

Still backing up your girlfriend? =P

You know, I haven't seen you and LDF be on opposing teams since the epic beginner 1.3 Mob Wars game. I am looking forward to seeing how this one ends up :)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:37:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:30:58 PM, Spritle wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?

I figured i'd try this technique and see what happens. Now, if there is a doc he/she has an idea of who to protect. Plus, LD can check me as well. Then I can confirm myslef next DP when I get my investigation.

Also, we can find out if there is a vig or not. The mafia will surely kill me knowing I'm the cop. And a vig wouldn't kill a townie so I shouldn't die from a townie. Therefore, if there are multiple deaths we can see how many vigs there are.

If the doc is on you (which I assume the doc will be, you're to only one to have claimed a powerful role), then the mafia will just go and kill someone else so how exactly does this tell us how many vigs there are?
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:38:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:36:11 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:31:07 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:28:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I thought it would take forever for Mestari to log on so didn't bother adding pressure but this is a wonderful surprise.

VTL Mestari

Still backing up your girlfriend? =P

You know, I haven't seen you and LDF be on opposing teams since the epic beginner 1.3 Mob Wars game. I am looking forward to seeing how this one ends up :)

How do you know LDF and I are on opposing teams? Are you two mafia buddies? A townie would not have such information. Unvote. VTL F-16. I'm interested. Tell me more.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:40:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:38:35 PM, Mestari wrote:

How do you know LDF and I are on opposing teams? Are you two mafia buddies? A townie would not have such information. Unvote. VTL F-16. I'm interested. Tell me more.

I don't. I was hoping that you were.
Spritle
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:41:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:37:22 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:30:58 PM, Spritle wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?

I figured i'd try this technique and see what happens. Now, if there is a doc he/she has an idea of who to protect. Plus, LD can check me as well. Then I can confirm myslef next DP when I get my investigation.

Also, we can find out if there is a vig or not. The mafia will surely kill me knowing I'm the cop. And a vig wouldn't kill a townie so I shouldn't die from a townie. Therefore, if there are multiple deaths we can see how many vigs there are.

If the doc is on you (which I assume the doc will be, you're to only one to have claimed a powerful role), then the mafia will just go and kill someone else so how exactly does this tell us how many vigs there are?

If the mafia kills someone else what are the odds that a vig kills the same person? Basically, if we see more than one kill that happened over night we can assume there was a vig.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:41:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:40:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:38:35 PM, Mestari wrote:

How do you know LDF and I are on opposing teams? Are you two mafia buddies? A townie would not have such information. Unvote. VTL F-16. I'm interested. Tell me more.

I don't. I was hoping that you were.

That is...

a good answer. Unvote. Seriously though, I haven't played with Viperking before so VTL Viper.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:42:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:41:03 PM, Spritle wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:37:22 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:30:58 PM, Spritle wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:27:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:25:24 PM, Spritle wrote:
I am going to try something very different this game.

I am the town cop. Each night I can investigate a person to find their allegiance.

That certainly is very different. Why exactly did you do that?

I figured i'd try this technique and see what happens. Now, if there is a doc he/she has an idea of who to protect. Plus, LD can check me as well. Then I can confirm myslef next DP when I get my investigation.

Also, we can find out if there is a vig or not. The mafia will surely kill me knowing I'm the cop. And a vig wouldn't kill a townie so I shouldn't die from a townie. Therefore, if there are multiple deaths we can see how many vigs there are.

If the doc is on you (which I assume the doc will be, you're to only one to have claimed a powerful role), then the mafia will just go and kill someone else so how exactly does this tell us how many vigs there are?

If the mafia kills someone else what are the odds that a vig kills the same person? Basically, if we see more than one kill that happened over night we can assume there was a vig.

Okay, this makes sense now.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:44:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:41:59 PM, Mestari wrote:

a good answer. Unvote. Seriously though, I haven't played with Viperking before so VTL Viper.

You were the first person to have been pressured.

Why aren't more people voting for Mestari?

It is quite obvious that he is trying to divert attention. I don't think a third role-claim is a good idea. After you claim, we should VTNL.
Spritle
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:46:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let's pressure someone who is actually on. Viper is being pressured in the other game as well and hasn't reponded. So, VTL Andro.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:47:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:46:05 PM, Spritle wrote:
Let's pressure someone who is actually on. Viper is being pressured in the other game as well and hasn't reponded. So, VTL Andro.

What about Mestari?
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:47:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:44:12 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:41:59 PM, Mestari wrote:

a good answer. Unvote. Seriously though, I haven't played with Viperking before so VTL Viper.

You were the first person to have been pressured.

Why aren't more people voting for Mestari?

It is quite obvious that he is trying to divert attention. I don't think a third role-claim is a good idea. After you claim, we should VTNL.

I'm not diverting attention. I thought you and LDF were being silly in spirit of old times; however, since I am quite frankly wrong I will tell you this: if I claim (now) my role becomes useless.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 10:48:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2011 10:44:12 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 12/11/2011 10:41:59 PM, Mestari wrote:

a good answer. Unvote. Seriously though, I haven't played with Viperking before so VTL Viper.

You were the first person to have been pressured.

Why aren't more people voting for Mestari?

It is quite obvious that he is trying to divert attention. I don't think a third role-claim is a good idea. After you claim, we should VTNL.

Why? What is the reason for this 2 claims then VTNL thing we do EVERY dp1? Mestari should claim because he was pressured to, Viper should claim because we don't really know who he is. Let's start with Mestari, I guess. He was changing the subject, Viper has done nothing so far. VTl Mestari.