Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A question.

blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 2:18:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know I won't be modding my large game until after danielle finishes, but I was wondering if anyone minded if I posted sign-ups. It will give me time to make sure that everyone is on my friends list. Plus, I'm going to need to get a vote from the players to give me an idea of how much of the story, and what parts, I tell. I'm torn on whether or not to tell the end, so I figure I'll let the people who will be playing vote.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 2:21:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 2:18:44 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I know I won't be modding my large game until after danielle finishes, but I was wondering if anyone minded if I posted sign-ups. It will give me time to make sure that everyone is on my friends list. Plus, I'm going to need to get a vote from the players to give me an idea of how much of the story, and what parts, I tell. I'm torn on whether or not to tell the end, so I figure I'll let the people who will be playing vote.

Inheritance Cycle? Eregon?
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 2:26:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 2:21:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/12/2011 2:18:44 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I know I won't be modding my large game until after danielle finishes, but I was wondering if anyone minded if I posted sign-ups. It will give me time to make sure that everyone is on my friends list. Plus, I'm going to need to get a vote from the players to give me an idea of how much of the story, and what parts, I tell. I'm torn on whether or not to tell the end, so I figure I'll let the people who will be playing vote.

Inheritance Cycle? Eregon?

Eragon Eldest Brisingr Inheritance. All of them.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 2:48:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Eldest was incredibly addicting. But Brisingr was really slow like 90% of the time.
only the last 50 pages were good imo.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
omg eragon mafia!!! i haven't read inheritance though. should i read it? I'm kind of undecided on reading it because i've forgotten a lot of the details of the series, so it would mean rereading the others, and it's the first fantasy series i read, so i'm not sure how it would stack up now that i've read other ones.

ahh tl;dr. Basically, I wouldn't want spoilers from the last book in case i do decide to read it.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:15:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The last book is out? Its been so long since the third one came out I stopped keeping track. I'll have to check this out.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:26:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:15:02 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The last book is out? Its been so long since the third one came out I stopped keeping track. I'll have to check this out.

yeah i didn't know it was out either until recently. actually, talking about it has me excited for it. i remember loving the series so much when i read it. The end of brisingr had me wanting to cry and go gauge the authors heart out. i think i need to take a trip to the bookstore tonight :P
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:29:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll just pirate a copy online. xD

I hope it has a summary though because I can barely remember anything thats happened, especially in the third book.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:30:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, I'm going to say don't tell the end...
Because I'm reading the last book at the moment. I'll probably finish it before you post the game, but for other people who haven't read it....

Maybe wait a little while before posting sign-ups...
You don't want them to stagnate.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:33:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:30:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Well, I'm going to say don't tell the end...
Because I'm reading the last book at the moment. I'll probably finish it before you post the game, but for other people who haven't read it....

Maybe wait a little while before posting sign-ups...
You don't want them to stagnate.

how is it?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:44:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 2:48:08 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Eldest was incredibly addicting. But Brisingr was really slow like 90% of the time.
only the last 50 pages were good imo.

All the books were great for the most part imo. It's when you get to the end of the chapter "Firnen" in Inheritance that the book turns bad.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:48:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:13:28 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
omg eragon mafia!!! i haven't read inheritance though. should i read it? I'm kind of undecided on reading it because i've forgotten a lot of the details of the series, so it would mean rereading the others, and it's the first fantasy series i read, so i'm not sure how it would stack up now that i've read other ones.

ahh tl;dr. Basically, I wouldn't want spoilers from the last book in case i do decide to read it.

Well see, that's were I'm torn. I'll definitely have up to the final show down, but I don't know about after that. THis post has answered my question for the most part, though. I most likely won't put anything from the last hundred pages. You should definitely read the book. I didn't read anything before diving into it and I hadn't looked at the books since a couple weeks after Brisingr came out. You won't be lost. Also, there should be plenty of time for you to read Inheritance before the game starts.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:49:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:15:02 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The last book is out? Its been so long since the third one came out I stopped keeping track. I'll have to check this out.

It's seeming more and more likely that I won't be including the last hundred pages of the book.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:53:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:26:54 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:15:02 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The last book is out? Its been so long since the third one came out I stopped keeping track. I'll have to check this out.

yeah i didn't know it was out either until recently. actually, talking about it has me excited for it. i remember loving the series so much when i read it. The end of brisingr had me wanting to cry and go gauge the authors heart out. i think i need to take a trip to the bookstore tonight :P

Go asap. I doubt you'll have a choice once you start reading, but read up to the chapter "Firnen" as quick as you can. At this point, unless everyone who plays has read the books or is fine with spoilers, I probably won't be including anything from that chapter on. If you wanted to cry at the end of Brisingr, you will cry at the end of this one. I was fine when Brisingr ended, but I shed a few tears when this one ended. On the bright side, though, Christopher Paolini said that the last time he counted he had 7 more stories planned in Alagaesia and one of them was a series. He's confirmed that he will write a book 5 after a break from Alagaesia at this point, and he said he may do a short Epilogue.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:54:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:29:06 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'll just pirate a copy online. xD

I hope it has a summary though because I can barely remember anything thats happened, especially in the third book.

It should. I can summarize the first three fairly well if you want.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:56:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:30:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Well, I'm going to say don't tell the end...
Because I'm reading the last book at the moment. I'll probably finish it before you post the game, but for other people who haven't read it....

Maybe wait a little while before posting sign-ups...
You don't want them to stagnate.

This thread as given me a pretty good idea on opinion. Odds are I won't include anything from the chapter "Firnen" on. I may not include the results of the final show down either.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:58:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:33:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:30:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Well, I'm going to say don't tell the end...
Because I'm reading the last book at the moment. I'll probably finish it before you post the game, but for other people who haven't read it....

Maybe wait a little while before posting sign-ups...
You don't want them to stagnate.

how is it?

Best book of the series and worst at the same time IMO. I've finished it and I'm re-reading the entire series now.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 3:59:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Blackhawk, why do you say it gets bad after "firnen"? do you mean bad as in something happens that you don't like, or the story starts to go downhill?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:00:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:58:04 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:33:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:30:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Well, I'm going to say don't tell the end...
Because I'm reading the last book at the moment. I'll probably finish it before you post the game, but for other people who haven't read it....

Maybe wait a little while before posting sign-ups...
You don't want them to stagnate.

how is it?

Best book of the series and worst at the same time IMO. I've finished it and I'm re-reading the entire series now.

O.o well, i have to read it now. But i can't say i'll be happy about it! thanks lol
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:05:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 3:59:30 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Blackhawk, why do you say it gets bad after "firnen"? do you mean bad as in something happens that you don't like, or the story starts to go downhill?

Something happens that me, and seemingly most of the people that have read the book, don't like. It makes some sense why it happened after reading an interview with him, but it's still not a happy part of the book.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:07:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:02:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'll just read the summaries on Wikipedia. Looking for a copy to pirate atm.

Don't read summaries, it won't do the book justice if you actually like the series. That's why I'm hesitant to include anything after "Firnen". I don't think I'll be able to get the same effect unless I quote so much of the book that the threads have to be taken down.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:07:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:00:49 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:58:04 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:33:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/12/2011 3:30:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Well, I'm going to say don't tell the end...
Because I'm reading the last book at the moment. I'll probably finish it before you post the game, but for other people who haven't read it....

Maybe wait a little while before posting sign-ups...
You don't want them to stagnate.

how is it?

Best book of the series and worst at the same time IMO. I've finished it and I'm re-reading the entire series now.

O.o well, i have to read it now. But i can't say i'll be happy about it! thanks lol

I don't know whether or not you'll be happy about it. Probably happy, sad, and pissed.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:08:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:04:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
oh, and blackhawk, if you like eragon series, read A Game of Thrones next. seriously mind-numbing :P

Once you finish Inheritance, tell me if the endings are similar. I can't handle another book that ends like Inheritance did.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:17:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LDF, do you own a copy of Eragon? If you do, go to the chapter Deathwatch and read the dream Eragon has. Keep it in the back of you mind for later.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:22:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:08:57 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 12/12/2011 4:04:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
oh, and blackhawk, if you like eragon series, read A Game of Thrones next. seriously mind-numbing :P

Once you finish Inheritance, tell me if the endings are similar. I can't handle another book that ends like Inheritance did.

Well, its a 7 part series and 5 books are out so i'm not sure how it will end. but it will def. be bad@ss. there are dragons in this one too, and soooooo much awesome stuff happens throughout the series.

I have eragon. i'll check the dream sequence out.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:25:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:22:37 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/12/2011 4:08:57 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 12/12/2011 4:04:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
oh, and blackhawk, if you like eragon series, read A Game of Thrones next. seriously mind-numbing :P

Once you finish Inheritance, tell me if the endings are similar. I can't handle another book that ends like Inheritance did.

Well, its a 7 part series and 5 books are out so i'm not sure how it will end. but it will def. be bad@ss. there are dragons in this one too, and soooooo much awesome stuff happens throughout the series.

I have eragon. i'll check the dream sequence out.

The most recent book is the end Lickdafoot....

I love eragon and will definitely play this game. I think doing all the books would be best. Gives people more stuff to claim.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:29:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:25:27 PM, bluesteel wrote:

The most recent book is the end Lickdafoot....

I love eragon and will definitely play this game. I think doing all the books would be best. Gives people more stuff to claim.

I was talking about A Game of Thrones.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:31:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 4:07:08 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 12/12/2011 4:02:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'll just read the summaries on Wikipedia. Looking for a copy to pirate atm.

Don't read summaries, it won't do the book justice if you actually like the series. That's why I'm hesitant to include anything after "Firnen". I don't think I'll be able to get the same effect unless I quote so much of the book that the threads have to be taken down.

I mean summaries of the first three books. I've read them but just forgot a lot of stuff.