Total Posts:185|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Interwebz Mafia - DP1

M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:30:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
All is quiet on the tubes. At dawn, everyone is logging on to check their favorite sites before the hustle and bustle of the day. But it seems something sinister lurks behind their screens… Which sites will users be devastated to find crash? Who will be safe? And whom can you trust your personal info with? It's a matter of time to see who will reign supreme on the interwebz!

1. tvellalott
2. Blackvoid
3. headphonegut
4. PartamRuhem
5. tyler90az
6. royalpaladin
7. Danielle
8. Viper-King
9. badger
10. Medic
11. DetectableNinja
12. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
13. drafterman
14. Andromeda
15. Lickdafoot
16. Caplock
17. Spinko

It takes 9 votes for a lynch. ALL STANDARD RULES APPLY.

Good luck.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:51:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Applying newb pressure principle to... tyler90az

VOTE tyler90az

Character (ONLY CHARACTER!) claim please.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:57:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. tvellalott
2. Blackvoid
3. headphonegut -- usually inactive
4. PartamRuhem
5. tyler90az -- n00b
6. royalpaladin
7. Danielle
8. Viper-King -- n00b
9. badger -- always all over the place; annoys me
10. Medic
11. DetectableNinja
12. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
13. drafterman
14. Andromeda
15. Lickdafoot
16. Caplock -- n00b/inactive
17. Spinko

I wouldn't be against pressuring one of the people I highlighted to start. Badger is someone who I can never get a read on because he is very inconsistent in his random retardation (he plays the same way every time, though ALWAYS obsesses over me - and I am always town, like now).
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:58:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not trying to "split the vote" (and please don't make me bring up the examples from previous games where I was accused of doing this on dp1 and was TOWN... I'm looking at you spinko, lickdafoot, etc.) but I don't see the mod making a complete n00b town, so badger is a safer bet if our goal is to choose a random person we won't be able to read and hopefully get lucky and out a mafioso. Vote badger.

By the way that is my reasoning. I feel like I have to spell every single thing out to people slowly after the past few games I've played in.
President of DDO
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:58:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I win with the town My computer is lagging so my replies/posts will be slow
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 5:59:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 5:57:03 PM, Danielle wrote:
1. tvellalott
2. Blackvoid
3. headphonegut -- usually inactive
4. PartamRuhem
5. tyler90az -- n00b
6. royalpaladin
7. Danielle
8. Viper-King -- n00b
9. badger -- always all over the place; annoys me
10. Medic
11. DetectableNinja
12. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
13. drafterman
14. Andromeda
15. Lickdafoot
16. Caplock -- n00b/inactive
17. Spinko

I wouldn't be against pressuring one of the people I highlighted to start. Badger is someone who I can never get a read on because he is very inconsistent in his random retardation (he plays the same way every time, though ALWAYS obsesses over me - and I am always town, like now).

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you are. ;)
Everyone always obsesses over you. Must be your cute santa hat.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:01:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 5:59:11 PM, Danielle wrote:
Edit: see the mod making a complete n00b mafia

Such fail logic.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:04:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I win with the town. Can we please forget the SOP of two claims and no lynch and actually do something this DP? I'm not even saying we should lynch someone anymore (talk about a lost cause :p), but just because we have two claims, it doesn't mean we should go straight to a NL. That's SOP, not a you'll-get-modkilled-if-you-break-it rule.

Anyway, there are currently two people proposed for pressuring, so I'll pick between them and VTL Badger. Mostly because of f16's reasoning that newbs are more likely to mess things up, while experienced layers are more likely to fly under the radar, which makes sense.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:05:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
No, badger and Greyparrot in particular obsess over me more than other people. I'm not talking about night actions (we all know I'm getting investigated, role blocked, tracked, etc. tonight). I just don't have the patience to deal with badger period and everybody knows it. I'm not switching my vote, unless another n00b happens to be online sooner and it's more convenient to pressure them. However badger is a near impossible read, so my reasoning makes perfect sense. Then again when I made badger mafia he outed the entire mafia in the dp for absolutely no reason, so maybe that will happen again here... :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:07:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I dunno what SOP means, but I think it's stupid to out all the roles early on. In tv's game, the mafia specifically said that the town being so forthcoming about their roles and what they intended to do with their night actions is how they won (and figured out how to use their night actions). The mafia framed me because I was an obvious target for an investigation, for instance. I don't see the point in outing a bunch of roles early on - especially if the mafia turns out to have a bunch of powerful roles. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:09:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:04:46 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I win with the town. Can we please forget the SOP of two claims and no lynch and actually do something this DP? I'm not even saying we should lynch someone anymore (talk about a lost cause :p), but just because we have two claims, it doesn't mean we should go straight to a NL. That's SOP, not a you'll-get-modkilled-if-you-break-it rule.

What do you propose we do? Get really risky and get THREE claims? Maybe a role claim? :O
It's SOP because it's tried and true. We get a little bit of info, perhaps someone will stuff up and claim something really dodgy DP1 (but it rarely happens). Then we go to the night phase so our investigative roles can try and get some actual information.

Anyway, there are currently two people proposed for pressuring, so I'll pick between them and VTL Badger. Mostly because of f16's reasoning that newbs are more likely to mess things up, while experienced layers are more likely to fly under the radar, which makes sense.

What is this, I don't even...
FOS on Andro for saying something stupid.
1) Experienced players don't fly under the radar for long. Either they start trying their opinion around, someone FOS's them for lurking or whatever.
2) Newbs messing up is exactly WHY we pressure them first.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:11:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:07:52 PM, Danielle wrote:
I dunno what SOP means
Standard Operating Practise...

For example; it's SOP for every power role to target Danielle NP1.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:11:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I win with the town

also my computer is lagging and my posts will be slow
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:13:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:05:47 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'm not switching my vote, unless another n00b happens to be online sooner and it's more convenient to pressure them.

My pressure target is online right now while badger is not.

Imagine, Danielle, Andro and tylerz...
Got the three mafia in two pages.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:14:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We should mass claim our categories. This forces mafia to commit to something early while not letting them know what specific websites aren't available for fake claiming.

Category would be like, social networking site, forum, blog, video site, etc.

I'm a social networking site.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:16:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm with TV andro f-16's logic is fault at best

VTL tyler

cuz he's the only viable wagon
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:17:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:14:25 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
We should mass claim our categories. This forces mafia to commit to something early while not letting them know what specific websites aren't available for fake claiming.

Category would be like, social networking site, forum, blog, video site, etc.

I'm a social networking site.

I'm a video site, sort of...
I'd never heard of this site prior to this game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:17:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
By the way I JUST SIGNED UP AS A REPLACEMENT, and there are a lot of n00bs, which nearly guarantees inactivity... so... kill me, mafia, and I'll be back :) BlackVoid, I see both pros and cons to what you're saying. I'm not totally opposed to it...
President of DDO
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:17:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:17:04 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/13/2011 6:14:25 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
We should mass claim our categories. This forces mafia to commit to something early while not letting them know what specific websites aren't available for fake claiming.

Category would be like, social networking site, forum, blog, video site, etc.

I'm a social networking site.

I'm a video site, sort of...
I'd never heard of this site prior to this game.

is it animoto?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:18:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:17:42 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/13/2011 6:17:04 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/13/2011 6:14:25 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
We should mass claim our categories. This forces mafia to commit to something early while not letting them know what specific websites aren't available for fake claiming.

Category would be like, social networking site, forum, blog, video site, etc.

I'm a social networking site.

I'm a video site, sort of...
I'd never heard of this site prior to this game.

is it animoto?

Don't try and guess, I won't tell you either way.
Instead, perhaps you should share what kind of site you are, hmmm?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:18:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 5:51:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Applying newb pressure principle to... tyler90az

VOTE tyler90az

Character (ONLY CHARACTER!) claim please.

I am not sure it would be wise for me to tell my character, I am asking the mod now which one is my character. I wish he would post a list of characters and roles. It is kind of confusing to me. You see last game I played to hard, I am tempted to play that way again, as I am paranoid(lol). However, I will take guidance from somebody who I think is town.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:19:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:09:28 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/13/2011 6:04:46 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I win with the town. Can we please forget the SOP of two claims and no lynch and actually do something this DP? I'm not even saying we should lynch someone anymore (talk about a lost cause :p), but just because we have two claims, it doesn't mean we should go straight to a NL. That's SOP, not a you'll-get-modkilled-if-you-break-it rule.

What do you propose we do? Get really risky and get THREE claims? Maybe a role claim? :O
It's SOP because it's tried and true. We get a little bit of info, perhaps someone will stuff up and claim something really dodgy DP1 (but it rarely happens). Then we go to the night phase so our investigative roles can try and get some actual information.

It's still a shot in the dark, but okay. Maybe I just get a little bored on DP1 because the same thing happens every time. Nevermind about that idea, the game shouldn't get messed up because I want it to be DP2.

Anyway, there are currently two people proposed for pressuring, so I'll pick between them and VTL Badger. Mostly because of f16's reasoning that newbs are more likely to mess things up, while experienced layers are more likely to fly under the radar, which makes sense.

What is this, I don't even...
FOS on Andro for saying something stupid.
1) Experienced players don't fly under the radar for long. Either they start trying their opinion around, someone FOS's them for lurking or whatever.

I guess I see your point there, but why not speed things up a bit rather than waiting around?
2) Newbs messing up is exactly WHY we pressure them first.

I meant messing up as town. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone out their role even though they were specifically told not to.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:20:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:18:51 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 12/13/2011 5:51:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Applying newb pressure principle to... tyler90az

VOTE tyler90az

Character (ONLY CHARACTER!) claim please.

I am not sure it would be wise for me to tell my character, I am asking the mod now which one is my character. I wish he would post a list of characters and roles. It is kind of confusing to me. You see last game I played to hard, I am tempted to play that way again, as I am paranoid(lol). However, I will take guidance from somebody who I think is town.

Your character is the website you are.
IE. Facebook.com, 4chan.org
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:22:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:17:35 PM, Danielle wrote:
By the way I JUST SIGNED UP AS A REPLACEMENT, and there are a lot of n00bs, which nearly guarantees inactivity... so... kill me, mafia, and I'll be back :) BlackVoid, I see both pros and cons to what you're saying. I'm not totally opposed to it...

Its certainly better than a mass character claim. If we mass claim characters, the mafia knows exactly what they can't fake claim. But if we just mass claim categories, they have to commit to something but still dont know exactly what.

Ideally something like this would happen:

Mafia claims a social network site. As the game goes on, townies claim Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. Now when the mafia has to claim, they'd be forced to claim a more obscure (suspicious) site since they're forced to claim a networking site.

There's also no downside to town. Its not like claiming "video sharing" means you're a power role or anything.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:22:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My role seems valuable to us? Will it automatically give my role away? I strongly advise to wait and not give my character/role away. I am not saying I have the best role in the game(I don't know what all characters/roles are), I am simply saying it is valuable.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:24:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:22:58 PM, tyler90az wrote:
My role seems valuable to us? Will it automatically give my role away? I strongly advise to wait and not give my character/role away. I am not saying I have the best role in the game(I don't know what all characters/roles are), I am simply saying it is valuable.

DO NOT TELL US YOUR ROLE.
Just give us the damn character so we can move on. Unless you're PoliceDepartment.com, it's highly unlikely your role will be immediately given away.
Stop stalling and give it up.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 6:24:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/13/2011 6:07:52 PM, Danielle wrote:
I dunno what SOP means, but I think it's stupid to out all the roles early on. In tv's game, the mafia specifically said that the town being so forthcoming about their roles and what they intended to do with their night actions is how they won (and figured out how to use their night actions). The mafia framed me because I was an obvious target for an investigation, for instance. I don't see the point in outing a bunch of roles early on - especially if the mafia turns out to have a bunch of powerful roles. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I was killed first NP in TV's game, and didn't really have the motivation to follow it for long aftr that. I wasn't talking about roles, anyway, I meant chararcters. I should have made that more clear. I just mean that if someone's acting odd, then we shouldn't say "but we already have two claims, this can wait" because I think that's kind of silly. In a recent game (can't remember which) hpg pressured me to claim the next dp because we already had two claims that dp. I just didn't see the sense there.