Total Posts:621|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Andaria Official Game Thread

JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 5:01:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Storyline][To All Players]

You awake on your back in a grassy field. As you sit up, your vision blurs as a sticky substance drips into your eyes. What is that? you wonder, swiping your hand across your face. Head reeling, you finally focus on your hand, covered in your own blood... your eyes shift focus to the distance, where you can see a structure of some kind. Is it a city? Ruins of some kind?

Gathering yourself on unsteady feet, you stand and look around. Your companions are nowhere to be seen; your gold and weapons are missing. In fact, whatever has occurred has taken most of your clothes as well. Puzzled, you look for signs of a struggle. The only evidence of any untoward happenings is the trampled grass around you, as well as strange, large footprints - a three-toed creature with large claws. Judging from the depth of the prints, this creature is many times larger than the biggest horse you've ever encountered.

The remnant of a small scroll flutters to the ground at your feet, edges still slowly smoldering. You cannot read most of what was written on the page. A small fragment of text remains:

--ke your way to Dragonsbane Citadel
--side a treasure -------- eat val---- nd he who
------- grasps it will rule for a thousand years.


Puzzled, you look about... Was I roped into following that fable? you wonder... Could I really have been that naive to seek to enter Dragonsbane? But still... your thoughts linger on the paper... What could that treasure be? You cannot divest yourself of this strange notion... this strange compulsion to seek out this location and discover what lies within.

Casting your glance about, you spy a wooden branch nearby. Luckily, one of the few worldly possessions you have left is your basic hunting knife. You strip the twigs from the branch and fashion it into a crude spear. This will keep me alive long enough to get to a city... I hope. Preparing to leave, you take a last glance at the surroundings where you awoke. It seems that whatever attacked you was not interested in your gold; you spy a few gold coins trampled into the muck. Prying them out, you are able to collect 20 gold coins. Sighing in exasperation, for you began your journey with 100, accept the loss of the 80 and set out to find civilization, and a weapon.
CAPLlock
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 5:27:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 5:22:33 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 12/14/2011 5:17:07 PM, CAPLlock wrote:
I move to E3

I think your position is A8. I'm E2.

Got the colors mixed up :P

I move to B8
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 5:33:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 5:27:45 PM, CAPLlock wrote:
At 12/14/2011 5:22:33 PM, Xerge wrote:
At 12/14/2011 5:17:07 PM, CAPLlock wrote:
I move to E3

I think your position is A8. I'm E2.

Got the colors mixed up :P

I move to B8

Almost got them mix -up too.

Move to [E3]
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 5:33:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 5:26:33 PM, CAPLlock wrote:
At 12/14/2011 5:19:34 PM, Viper-King wrote:
I move to F5
.
You cant move there. Your B4

how do u know since um the tarzan didnt pm me
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 5:45:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Movement Update]

Viper King moves to F5 (6 moves remaining till 3:40 tomorrow
Xerge moves to E3 (9 moves remaining)
Capslock moves to B8 (9 moves remaining)

Map updated: http://blueglowtech.biz...
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 6:10:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I see perhaps a town south. I turn my head and see a body of water. Still trying to found my equipment, I sit down and think on where I should go next.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 6:31:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I find my golden sword and shield but my breastplate of horror is still missing. I turn around and see a huge boar run at me. When he comes close I try to deflect him off of my shield and cut him in a half. His hard skin is hard to cut and I fail to do this duty. Rather I run from him ony to be stuck at the edge of water. I gather up my slaves the Demons of Darkness who rush at it and terrorize it until one of them gets me my sword back. I rush at him while it is dealing with the demons and stick the sword into his nose. There I chop it off and then it suffocates and dies. I gain 35 gold coins but am instructed by a note.

Dear Harbringer,

I have given you the chance to prove yourself. Rest for the night at the old villager's house. His name is Ransom_Freid. He will give you 100 gold coins and one of your secret weapons but only if you stop all actions by 5:00 p.m. and rest until tommorow's 4:00 p.m. Give the 35 coins to your worst enemy Xerge the Guardian. If you do not do these actions, you will die by the sword.

Anonymous

Giving my newly earned 35 coins to Xerge and going to Ransom_Freid's house to sleep. Good night fellows.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 8:33:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Information]

Guys, don't get ahead of yourselves... Information and items will come to you - i.e. don't develop the storyline without a prompt. Giving a little bit of a chance for people to move around before opening the world up completely.

[Movement Update]

Thaddeus moves to F5 (7 moves remaining)
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 8:50:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Action Update

Thaddeus and Viper-King find themselves in the city of Lyca, both searching for armor and weapons. The summer heat ripples around them; the cool breeze off the nearby waters is not quite enough to rid their nostrils of the sickening stench of too many bodies, both human and animal, in such a small space. Sweat pouring from their backs they make their way through the streets, hoping for a quick resolution to their dilemma.

Somehow, the mere 20 gold coins in their purse seem heavier than usual. There's just not enough...Pondering their misfortunes, they seek a dealer of basic weapons and armor - trinkets, really... items fit for a teenager on his ritual hunt to become a man. But even a child's armor is better than nothing in the wilderness...

Thaddeus and Viper-King - Do you:
1) Buy a basic weapon and a set of basic armor for all 20 gold coins?
2) Slink into the shadows, ready to set upon a wealthier-looking passerby for his purse?
3) Offer your services - any services - to others in the hope for payment?

(After selection, Thaddeus will have 5 moves, Viper 4, remaining).
**************************************************

Meanwhile, CAPLlock sits alone in the wilderness, pondering his situation. Where am I, he wonders... A rustling noise behind him brings all thoughts to the present. Darkness is quickly falling, and CAP has no flint to start a fire. Soft whimpering, as well as a low growl emanate from the stand of trees at the edge of the clearing...

CAPLlock, do you:
1) Investigate the rustling with no armor and your crude weapon?
2) Run.
3) Stay very still and hope you remain unseen.

(CAP has 8 moves remaining after resolution).
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 8:56:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Movement Update]

Xerge moves to E4 (8 moves remaining).
---- Xerge has discovered Sedes Veritas.

Jordan moves to H1 (9 moves remaining)
---- Jordan discovers a pentagram circle

*********************************************************
[Action Update]

Xerge finds himself approaching a strange ruin... Crumbling walls leave trails of stone as they slowly fall to the ground over the years. "Sedes Veritas," an archway reads. Xerge shivers at the chill that sweeps through his body. The entrance beckons, but at the same time seems foreboding. Riches may await inside, but to enter such a place with no weapon and no armor would surely be suicide.

Xerge do you:
1) Enter the ruins.
2) Continue on your way?
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:00:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Action Update]

Jordan has discovered a pentagram circle. It looks to be a means for summoning powerful creatures. The area around the circle is littered with skeletons of those who have tried to use the circle on their own. In his weakened state, with no staff or necklace, Jordan is not sure he could even conjure a rat, much less a creature with anything of worth upon it... Dejected, he resumes his wanderings.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:13:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 8:50:20 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Action Update

Thaddeus and Viper-King find themselves in the city of Lyca, both searching for armor and weapons. The summer heat ripples around them; the cool breeze off the nearby waters is not quite enough to rid their nostrils of the sickening stench of too many bodies, both human and animal, in such a small space. Sweat pouring from their backs they make their way through the streets, hoping for a quick resolution to their dilemma.

Somehow, the mere 20 gold coins in their purse seem heavier than usual. There's just not enough...Pondering their misfortunes, they seek a dealer of basic weapons and armor - trinkets, really... items fit for a teenager on his ritual hunt to become a man. But even a child's armor is better than nothing in the wilderness...

Thaddeus and Viper-King - Do you:
1) Buy a basic weapon and a set of basic armor for all 20 gold coins?
2) Slink into the shadows, ready to set upon a wealthier-looking passerby for his purse?
3) Offer your services - any services - to others in the hope for payment?
i already found my gold sword and shield, I am going to get my breastplate of Horror tommorow and I am going to go to sleep at an old villager's house as Anonymous commands. Anonymous promise me more weapons but how, I don't know. 100 gold coins will be given to me from the old villager tommorow so I choose 3 because I need more money to get more things.
(After selection, Thaddeus will have 5 moves, Viper 4, remaining).
**************************************************

Meanwhile, CAPLlock sits alone in the wilderness, pondering his situation. Where am I, he wonders... A rustling noise behind him brings all thoughts to the present. Darkness is quickly falling, and CAP has no flint to start a fire. Soft whimpering, as well as a low growl emanate from the stand of trees at the edge of the clearing...

CAPLlock, do you:
1) Investigate the rustling with no armor and your crude weapon?
2) Run.
3) Stay very still and hope you remain unseen.

(CAP has 8 moves remaining after resolution).
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:20:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 8:56:02 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
[Movement Update]

Xerge moves to E4 (8 moves remaining).
---- Xerge has discovered Sedes Veritas.

Jordan moves to H1 (9 moves remaining)
---- Jordan discovers a pentagram circle

*********************************************************
[Action Update]

Xerge finds himself approaching a strange ruin... Crumbling walls leave trails of stone as they slowly fall to the ground over the years. "Sedes Veritas," an archway reads. Xerge shivers at the chill that sweeps through his body. The entrance beckons, but at the same time seems foreboding. Riches may await inside, but to enter such a place with no weapon and no armor would surely be suicide.

Xerge do you:
1) Enter the ruins.
2) Continue on your way?

Continue on my way
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:25:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 9:13:27 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 12/14/2011 8:50:20 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Action Update

Thaddeus and Viper-King find themselves in the city of Lyca, both searching for armor and weapons. The summer heat ripples around them; the cool breeze off the nearby waters is not quite enough to rid their nostrils of the sickening stench of too many bodies, both human and animal, in such a small space. Sweat pouring from their backs they make their way through the streets, hoping for a quick resolution to their dilemma.

Somehow, the mere 20 gold coins in their purse seem heavier than usual. There's just not enough...Pondering their misfortunes, they seek a dealer of basic weapons and armor - trinkets, really... items fit for a teenager on his ritual hunt to become a man. But even a child's armor is better than nothing in the wilderness...

Thaddeus and Viper-King - Do you:
1) Buy a basic weapon and a set of basic armor for all 20 gold coins?
2) Slink into the shadows, ready to set upon a wealthier-looking passerby for his purse?
3) Offer your services - any services - to others in the hope for payment?

i already found my gold sword and shield, I am going to get my breastplate of Horror tommorow and I am going to go to sleep at an old villager's house as Anonymous commands. Anonymous promise me more weapons but how, I don't know. 100 gold coins will be given to me from the old villager tommorow so I choose 3 because I need more money to get more things.

Viper, you cannot just invent portions of the storyline - otherwise people would just give themselves gold... please just stick to the prompts.

Do you want to stay with the third option above?
CAPLlock
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:32:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Meanwhile, CAPLlock sits alone in the wilderness, pondering his situation. Where am I, he wonders... A rustling noise behind him brings all thoughts to the present. Darkness is quickly falling, and CAP has no flint to start a fire. Soft whimpering, as well as a low growl emanate from the stand of trees at the edge of the clearing...

CAPLlock, do you:
1) Investigate the rustling with no armor and your crude weapon?
2) Run.
3) Stay very still and hope you remain unseen.

(CAP has 8 moves remaining after resolution).

1) is my choice.
Also after that can I move to B7?
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:32:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 9:25:27 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 12/14/2011 9:13:27 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 12/14/2011 8:50:20 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Action Update

Thaddeus and Viper-King find themselves in the city of Lyca, both searching for armor and weapons. The summer heat ripples around them; the cool breeze off the nearby waters is not quite enough to rid their nostrils of the sickening stench of too many bodies, both human and animal, in such a small space. Sweat pouring from their backs they make their way through the streets, hoping for a quick resolution to their dilemma.

Somehow, the mere 20 gold coins in their purse seem heavier than usual. There's just not enough...Pondering their misfortunes, they seek a dealer of basic weapons and armor - trinkets, really... items fit for a teenager on his ritual hunt to become a man. But even a child's armor is better than nothing in the wilderness...

Thaddeus and Viper-King - Do you:
1) Buy a basic weapon and a set of basic armor for all 20 gold coins?
2) Slink into the shadows, ready to set upon a wealthier-looking passerby for his purse?
3) Offer your services - any services - to others in the hope for payment?

i already found my gold sword and shield, I am going to get my breastplate of Horror tommorow and I am going to go to sleep at an old villager's house as Anonymous commands. Anonymous promise me more weapons but how, I don't know. 100 gold coins will be given to me from the old villager tommorow so I choose 3 because I need more money to get more things.

Viper, you can invent portions of the storyline - people can give themselves gold... you have to stick to the prompts as you do your own thing.

Do you want to stay with the third option above?

yes
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:37:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Movement Update]

As of 7:30pm PST movement totals until 3:30pm PST (6:30pm EST) are as follows:

Blackhawk1331 - 10 moves remaining
Xerge - 7 moves
CAPLlock - 9 moves (8 pending resolution)
Viper-King - 5 moves (4 pending resolution)
Thaddeus - 6 moves (5 mending resolution)
Jordan56 - 9 moves
Ragnar_Rahl - 10 moves
Tvellalot - 10 moves

[Information]

Currently, no player has a weapon or suit of armor... The intent of the first opening moves is for players to explore their surroundings on their way to a city, where they can purchase their first gear - a player will only encounter a creature or bandit if they spend an unwieldy amount of time in the wilderness without armor or weapon. Please do not invent new attributes for your class or invent situations where you gather equipment you do not need (i.e. a Harbringer uses relics, not a sword).
CAPLlock
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:43:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/14/2011 9:37:32 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
[Movement Update]

As of 7:30pm PST movement totals until 3:30pm PST (6:30pm EST) are as follows:

Blackhawk1331 - 10 moves remaining
Xerge - 7 moves
CAPLlock - 9 moves (8 pending resolution)
Viper-King - 5 moves (4 pending resolution)
Thaddeus - 6 moves (5 mending resolution)
Jordan56 - 9 moves
Ragnar_Rahl - 10 moves
Tvellalot - 10 moves

[Information]

Currently, no player has a weapon or suit of armor... The intent of the first opening moves is for players to explore their surroundings on their way to a city, where they can purchase their first gear - a player will only encounter a creature or bandit if they spend an unwieldy amount of time in the wilderness without armor or weapon. Please do not invent new attributes for your class or invent situations where you gather equipment you do not need (i.e. a Harbringer uses relics, not a sword).

What happened to my guy?
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2011 9:47:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Action Update]

CAP moves towards the rustling bushes. Sweat runs down his back as he grips his makeshift, primitive spear with white knuckles. The rustling seems to grow louder as he approaches. Peering around the trunk of a tree, he spies the source of the sound - a wolf pup has been caught in a hunter's trap. The frustrated animal alternates between whimpers of pain and fear and growls of frustration at its predicament. Seeing CAP, the pup freezes, unsure of his intent. CAP knows that the pup is in terrible pain - its leg is wounded badly. Surely it would not survive in the wilderness alone. However, rumor has it that merchants in towns will buy wolf pups if they are young enough, as this one seems to be.

CAP, do you:
1) Put the wolf pup out of its misery?
2) Free it and go on your way?
3) Free it and take it with you to sell?

[Movement Update]

CAP moves to B7 after his choice above (6 moves remaining).