Beginner 4.1 - Day Phase 4

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 9:28:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
ACTIVE PLAYERS:

01. deamonomic (replaced by drafterman) (replaced by lordknukle)
02. buckethead
03. Wierdman
04. royalpaladin
05. TheTruthAnalyst
06. caveat
07. Oryus

It takes 4 votes to lynch.

GRAVEYARD:

Tyler90az – You are a vanilla townie and have now powers. You are aligned with the town. (lynched DP1)

Stephen_Hawkins - You are the watcher, and you are a townie. Every odd night (1, 3, 5, 7, etc), you may pick one player to "watch," and you will see every player who visits that person but not what they do. You are different from a tracker. A tracker sees everyone who a target visits, so for example, if the tracker tracks the doctor, he can see who the doctor chooses to protect. A watcher sees everyone who visits someone, so if the watcher watches the bulletproof, he may see both the mafia godfather and the townie vigilante attempt to kill the bulletproof, unsuccessfully. (died NP1)

Lordknukle - You are the doctor and can protect someone once per night. You may also choose to protect yourself instead of others. The person who you protect cannot be killed by the mafia. This means if the mafia tries to kill the person you protected, it will not work and they will lose the chance to kill. You are a townie. (died NP1)

Chthonian – You are a vanilla townie and have now powers. You are aligned with the town. (died NP2)

Jordan56 - You are the mafia politician. Every night phase you can steal a players vote and make them vote for whoever you want. They can vote for themselves, they can vote for you, they can vote for someone that the town thinks is mafia. (lynched DP3)

Viper-King - You are the jester. You are neither mafia nor townie but third party. You are on your own team. You win the game if the townies lynch you. You lose the game if you survive or are night killed by the mafia. Your goal is to be lynched during the day phase. Typically, you can do so by acting suspicious, getting people to ask you for a role claim, then claiming a role that another player most likely has. (died NP3)

Jm_notguilty - You are the tracker and can "follow" one player per night. You will be told who they visit but not what they do. Thus if a doctor protects someone, they will have visited them. If the politician steals someones vote, they will have visited them. You are a townie. (died NP3)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 9:52:15 AM
So we have confirmed a vig.

4 townie vs 3 mafia. If we lynch a townie we lose. If we no-lynch we lose.

Also, welcome back LK :P
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:01:06 AM
LYLO

I say that we mass role claim immediately. Also, my list indicates that Oryus, Weirdman, and TTA are mafia, so if we can lynch one of them (preferably TTA since he is absent), we should be ok.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:03:54 AM
At 12/16/2011 10:41:09 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Here are my thoughts. I think that there is a possibility that drafterman might be mafia, but we should wait on lynching him. Buckethead may have lied about being bulletproof, for all we know that role was probably never used. RoyalPaladin, viper-king, and jm is townie. And Royalpaladin has his thoughts on the other three. TheTruthAnalyst has been inactive so there is no point in going after him without proof. I say we go after buckethead, drafterman, or wierdman.

At 12/16/2011 9:57:14 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Okay if you must. It was a simple accident. But just think before another accidental lynch. After lynching me, vote drafterman next I'm certain he's mafia. He is really eager to lynch people. Also i suggest you track caveat or thetruthanalyst.

The only person still alive and unconfirmed who Jordan doesn't suggest we go after is Oryus.

I've had suspicions due to slight inactivity until pressured, BW for little to no reason after the lynch leaders, and defending Jordan. He claims to have not known the reasons why we were lynching Jordan, but would it not have been incredibly simple to read through the three pages before posting and defending him.

VTL Oryus for role claim, I'd like to confirm with his response.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:08:17 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:01:06 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
LYLO

I say that we mass role claim immediately. Also, my list indicates that Oryus, Weirdman, and TTA are mafia, so if we can lynch one of them (preferably TTA since he is absent), we should be ok.

It will be detrimental to Town to mass role claim before we absolutely have to. Once Oryus responds, we'll probably have enough information to confidently lynch a scum this DP.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:24:34 AM
My guess is that the mafia will team up this round anyways, so we just have to lynch Oryus and see who they are voting for.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:32:14 AM
Bolded the wrong line royal :P

I don't think we should mass role claim this DP because I think I'll be certain of who to lynch after I hear Oryus' defense/claim.

Town, do not hammer Oryus immediately, leave the votes at 2 until after he claims in case he isn't Mafia.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:35:44 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:24:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
My guess is that the mafia will team up this round anyways, so we just have to lynch Oryus and see who they are voting for.

Sorry for my inactivity. I agree, VTL Oryus, let us wait and see.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:36:30 AM
Come to think of it... all Mafia needs is one wrong Town vote and they can insta-lynch. Oh well, I'm pretty certain of Oryus so no biggie.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:37:22 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:32:14 AM, caveat wrote:

I don't think we should mass role claim this DP because I think I'll be certain of who to lynch after I hear Oryus' defense/claim.

Town, do not hammer Oryus immediately, leave the votes at 2 until after he claims in case he isn't Mafia.

I posted too late. What are the chances that Oryus is scum?
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:37:43 AM
Unvote

Trust me when I say I don't want this DP ending right away.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:38:31 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:37:22 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:

We'll know when he fakes his claim and gets caught.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:39:26 AM
By the way buckethead, can you paraphrase your Role PM? Is it all night kills or just mafia kills?
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:40:25 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:38:31 AM, caveat wrote:

What about wierdman, Hasn't he already been caught for faking Tracker?
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:41:23 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:39:26 AM, caveat wrote:
By the way buckethead, can you paraphrase your Role PM? Is it all night kills or just mafia kills?

What do you mean paraphrase? I have already made a claim.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:41:37 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:40:25 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/19/2011 10:38:31 AM, caveat wrote:

What about wierdman, Hasn't he already been caught for faking Tracker?

What?
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:43:15 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:39:26 AM, caveat wrote:

Oh, I cannot be killed in the night phase. I can only be lynched.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:44:28 AM
Alright, just making sure. This way vig can confirm you by targetting you.

Anyway, when did Wierdman claim anything? I've been pretty meticulous at reading posts and I don't remember any such thing.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:46:49 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:44:28 AM, caveat wrote:

Anyway, when did Wierdman claim anything? I've been pretty meticulous at reading posts and I don't remember any such thing.

Pardon me, I meant to claim Wierdman or Oyrus as Tracker.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:50:05 AM
At 12/19/2011 10:46:49 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/19/2011 10:44:28 AM, caveat wrote:

Pardon me, I meant to claim Wierdman or Oyrus as Tracker.

The Tracker is dead.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 10:50:45 AM
Unofficial Lynch-O-Tron

Oryus [2/4] - (royalpaladin, buckethead)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 11:12:05 AM
Sorry.

VTL Oryus

I think Bucket is telling the truth; the tracker, jm, was just killed, confirming that there is no JOAT.

What is your role, caveat?
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 11:18:48 AM
It wouldn't be wise for any Town to claim before Oryus at this point.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 11:25:15 AM
Could I have a comprehensive and balanced summary? Haven't been here for 2 DPs.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 11:28:35 AM
It is now LYLO. If we mislynch or choose not to lynch, we lose. Buckethead is BP and I am miller. Last DP, we lynched a mafia who wanted to lynch drafterman (you) and caveat, indicating that they are probably townie. This means that TTA, Oryus, and Weirdman are mafia.

Granted, this is speculation on my part, but it is the only solution that makes sense. TTA has not posted since DP1 or DP2, and Oryus and Weirdman have only jumped in to attack me when I ask for them to be investigated. Ourt tracker was killed last night, so we have no report from him.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 11:34:59 AM
At 12/19/2011 11:25:15 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Bluesteel's post for this round tells you who died.

Right now it's 3 mafia vs 4 town. Tracker, Doctor, Watcher, Vanilla x 2, Jester, Mafia Politician are dead.

Remaining Players + Observations

royalpaladin - most likely Miller; no CC
buckethead - claimed Bulletproof Townie; the other town roles would have made an appearance at this point so I'm inclined to believe this

Vigilante seems to have killed Stephen_Hawkins NP1.
Vigilante killed VK (Jester) NP3.

Jordan, as I quoted earlier this DP, basically named everyone to go after except Oryus. This affirms my suspicions for Oryus and that there is a Godfather in this game so Jordan was unafraid to mention their name as there is no way of verifying a Godfather in this game other than confirming everyone else.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 11:37:34 AM
At 12/19/2011 11:34:59 AM, caveat wrote:

Right now it's 3 mafia vs 4 town. Tracker, Doctor, Watcher, Vanilla x 2, Jester, Mafia Politician are dead.

buckethead - claimed Bulletproof Townie; the other town roles would have made an appearance at this point so I'm inclined to believe this

Jordan, as I quoted earlier this DP, basically named everyone to go after except Oryus. This affirms my suspicions for Oryus and that there is a Godfather in this game so Jordan was unafraid to mention their name as there is no way of verifying a Godfather in this game other than confirming everyone else.

Also, from what has happened, I believe Mafia originally consisted of Politician, Roleblocker, Godfather, and Goon.

Oryus is probably RB or Goon. Godfather is among any of the people Jordan mentioned.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 12:08:59 PM
At 12/19/2011 11:37:34 AM, caveat wrote:

Also, from what has happened, I believe Mafia originally consisted of Politician, Roleblocker, Godfather, and Goon.

Oryus is probably RB or Goon. Godfather is among any of the people Jordan mentioned.

We need to lynch Oryus ASAP.

My guess is that Oryus, TTA, or Weirdman will either bus someone to confirm themselves or will choose to abstain from voting.

Caveat, please roleclaim. At this point, we need to confirm you as townie.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 12:14:39 PM
At 12/19/2011 12:08:59 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/19/2011 11:37:34 AM, caveat wrote:

We need to lynch Oryus ASAP.

My guess is that Oryus, TTA, or Weirdman will either bus someone to confirm themselves or will choose to abstain from voting.

Caveat, please roleclaim. At this point, we need to confirm you as townie.

I will, once Oryus responds. I need to know what he claims.