Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

OFFICIAL Zelda Timeline Announced

M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:08:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Don't know how many Zelda fans we got, but....

They revealed the OFFICIAL Nintendo timeline. And I must say that I am amazed.

http://tinyurl.com...

I never even THOUGHT about there being a third time-line. And although we knew there were two split-timelines from Link going back to the past, this changes the reasons for which they occur slightly... It's very interesting, the impact of this all. But it actually makes sense.

The only thing that irks me is that there's STILL people who are whiny babies who just say "I don't like this timeline, so I don't care". Well this is official. This is the way the games were intended to go, by the creators. So there's really no complaining to be had - this is how it is.

And it's weird that after 25 years, they FINALLY share the timeline.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:10:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
But also... HA. Minish Cap WAS towards the beginning of the timeline. Here's a big http://tinyurl.com... to all the guys who said NO! Ha ha. :)
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:12:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 3:08:59 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Don't know how many Zelda fans we got, but....

They revealed the OFFICIAL Nintendo timeline. And I must say that I am amazed.

http://tinyurl.com...

I never even THOUGHT about there being a third time-line. And although we knew there were two split-timelines from Link going back to the past, this changes the reasons for which they occur slightly... It's very interesting, the impact of this all. But it actually makes sense.

The only thing that irks me is that there's STILL people who are whiny babies who just say "I don't like this timeline, so I don't care". Well this is official. This is the way the games were intended to go, by the creators. So there's really no complaining to be had - this is how it is.

And it's weird that after 25 years, they FINALLY share the timeline.

I am interested to see where this will go after Skyward Sword . . . I have not played any of the games since Ocarina (I loved Zelda as a kid), but perhaps I should pick it up again.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:14:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 3:12:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/22/2011 3:08:59 AM, M.Torres wrote:
Don't know how many Zelda fans we got, but....

They revealed the OFFICIAL Nintendo timeline. And I must say that I am amazed.

http://tinyurl.com...

I never even THOUGHT about there being a third time-line. And although we knew there were two split-timelines from Link going back to the past, this changes the reasons for which they occur slightly... It's very interesting, the impact of this all. But it actually makes sense.

The only thing that irks me is that there's STILL people who are whiny babies who just say "I don't like this timeline, so I don't care". Well this is official. This is the way the games were intended to go, by the creators. So there's really no complaining to be had - this is how it is.

And it's weird that after 25 years, they FINALLY share the timeline.

I am interested to see where this will go after Skyward Sword . . . I have not played any of the games since Ocarina (I loved Zelda as a kid), but perhaps I should pick it up again.

A lot of people are talking about how if there's fricking THREE parallel timeline from ONE event, that they could easily stem from others. Especially considering the odd reason (Link failing to defeat Ganondorf) that caused the new timeline.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:25:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 3:23:49 AM, Xerge wrote:
Yeah...I was wondering how could three timelines come from the Ocarina of Time?

What exactly is meant by alternate timeline? I was under the impression that Windwaker occured hundreds of years after Ocarina but just referred to another incarnation of Link.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:29:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Am I the only one who intends to replay all the games in this order now? Yes? Damn.

I still don't understand the reason for the split time lines, though. I suppose research is in order.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:42:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll explain.

Everything goes fine up to OoT. In this game, Link MUST stop Ganondorf - so there are two possible timelines. One, where Link CANNOT defeat Ganondorf. In THIS timeline, Ganondorf is able to (for whatever reason - probably by successfully killing Zelda and Link) receive the entire Triforce. Now able to seize the Sacred Realm, the Goddesses intervene and split the worlds - the Dark World is born from this, and we have the events of the "A Link to the Past" timeline.

The second possibility is that Link successfully defeats Ganondorf. This means that Ganondorf is sealed away into the Sacred Realm, just like the final events of OoT. Now TWO timelines come as a result of Zelda sending Link back to the past.

The first timeline is Link going back to the past. In this timeline, Link and Zelda are able to stop Ganondorf before he is even able to reach the Sacred Realm the first time - leading to his imprisonment and banishment to the Twilight Realm. Link then goes off leading to the events of MM, and so on.

The SECOND timeline is that of the future. Zelda still lives on in this timeline, WITHOUT Link (because he was sent back home). In this timeline, Ganon breaks free from his banishment in the Sacred Realm, and due to Link's absence, the Goddesses intervene and flood Hyrule, leading to the events of WW and beyond.

So three timelines: 1) LttP - where Link fails to defeat Ganondorf in OoT; 2) MM/TP - where Link defeats Ganondorf, and is sent back in time; and 3) WW - where the future timeline without Link is flooded.

Hopefully that clears everything up.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 3:45:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Poor Ganondorf. No matter WHAT he does, the Goddesses just intervene, with or without Link. Kinda defeats the entire purpose, doesn't it?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 1:43:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 7:36:30 AM, drafterman wrote:
http://cinemassacre.com...

That was really enjoyable. I have shared a lot of feelings that this guy shows when contemplating the timeline. However, at least we can say this video is wrong. We have a rough timeline now.

I think the biggest error was that people (myself included) couldn't realize that sometimes arcs could be suspended. For example, look at the FS arc. It's suspended by the Hero of Time Arc, and doesn't get reinstated until after TP. The Oracle Arc suspends LttP. So that, and the three timeline idea, is what really kept anyone from coming to this on their own.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 1:47:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 1:43:42 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/22/2011 7:36:30 AM, drafterman wrote:
http://cinemassacre.com...

That was really enjoyable. I have shared a lot of feelings that this guy shows when contemplating the timeline. However, at least we can say this video is wrong. We have a rough timeline now.

I think the biggest error was that people (myself included) couldn't realize that sometimes arcs could be suspended. For example, look at the FS arc. It's suspended by the Hero of Time Arc, and doesn't get reinstated until after TP. The Oracle Arc suspends LttP. So that, and the three timeline idea, is what really kept anyone from coming to this on their own.

I'm sure someone discovered it before it was officially released, it probably just wasn't documented any where.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 2:01:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 1:43:42 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/22/2011 7:36:30 AM, drafterman wrote:
http://cinemassacre.com...

That was really enjoyable. I have shared a lot of feelings that this guy shows when contemplating the timeline. However, at least we can say this video is wrong. We have a rough timeline now.

I think the biggest error was that people (myself included) couldn't realize that sometimes arcs could be suspended. For example, look at the FS arc. It's suspended by the Hero of Time Arc, and doesn't get reinstated until after TP. The Oracle Arc suspends LttP. So that, and the three timeline idea, is what really kept anyone from coming to this on their own.

Also consider that that video is at least 5 years old.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 2:03:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Personally, I kinda find the whole "timeline" thing pointless. I mean I get that the Toon Link ones are connected, and duh OoT, and MM are connected, and the Oracles, but I mean it still doesn't really add up. Why wouldn't Zelda remember Link for one?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 2:05:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 2:03:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Personally, I kinda find the whole "timeline" thing pointless. I mean I get that the Toon Link ones are connected, and duh OoT, and MM are connected, and the Oracles, but I mean it still doesn't really add up. Why wouldn't Zelda remember Link for one?

... you realize they're ALL different Links and Zeldas, yes? Multiple incarnations?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2011 2:09:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/22/2011 2:05:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/22/2011 2:03:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Personally, I kinda find the whole "timeline" thing pointless. I mean I get that the Toon Link ones are connected, and duh OoT, and MM are connected, and the Oracles, but I mean it still doesn't really add up. Why wouldn't Zelda remember Link for one?

... you realize they're ALL different Links and Zeldas, yes? Multiple incarnations?

......then that is just dum.....sorry I love LoZ but I mean, really? I dunno for me Zelda games will never be memorable for their story, more for their gameplay and clever puzzles.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-