Total Posts:210|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Inheritance Mafia DP1

blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 5:59:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Eragon stood with quiet assurance in the dusky moonlight, then strode into the forest toward a glen where he was sure the deer would rest. The trees blocked the sky from view and cast feathery shadows on the ground. He looked at the tracks only occasionally; he knew the way.
At the glen, he strung his bow with a sure touch, then drew three arrows and nocked one, holding the others in his left hand. The moonlight revealed twenty or so motionless lumps where the deer lay in the grass. The doe he wanted was at the front of the herd, her left foreleg stretched out awkwardly.
Eragon slowly crept closer, keeping the bow ready. All his work for the past three days had led to this moment. He took a last steadying breath and - an explosion shattered the night.
The herd bolted. Eragon lunged forward, racing through the grass as a fiery wind surged past his cheek. He slid to a stop and loosed an arrow at the bounding doe. It missed by a finger's breadth and hissed into darkness. He cursed and spun around, instinctively nocking another arrow.
Behind him, where the deer had been, smoldered a large circle of grass and trees. Many of the pines stood bare of their needles. The grass outside the charring was flattened. A wisp of smoke curled in the air, carrying a burnt smell. In the center of the blast radius lay a polished blue stone. Mist snaked across the scorched area and swirled insubstantial tendrils over the stone.


When Eragon went home, almost empty handed, he tried to sell the stone to the butcher to buy meat. The butcher wouldn't go for it. Later in that year, when the merchants came to town, Eragon tried to sell it to one of them. He tested it then said that the stone was hollow and he couldn't buy it because he'd never seen anything like it before so he didn't know the value. Eragon went home and sat the stone on his shelf. Later that night, it fell onto the floor and cracked. The cracks spread until a hole opened up. Before long, a young dragon was standing in the remains of the shell. Eragon began to raise the dragon in the woods by his house. All went well until the strangers showed up. They came asking about the stone, and Sloan, the butcher, told them about it. They went to Eragon's, destroyed it, and killed his uncle, Garrow. Luckily, Roran was in Therinsford working at a mill. Eragon decided to set out after these killers to get revenge. He stole food from Sloan and dropped it off a little ways from the town. He went to the tanner and took some hides, leaving money in their place. When he returned to his food, he found Brom, the town storyteller waiting there. Brom had discovered the existance of Saphira, Eragon's dragon. He convinced Eragon to take him along, as he could help Eragon on his journey. As they pursued the strangers, they discovered a flask of a rare oil in one of the stranger's camps. They knew this oil shipped through Teirm, so there they went to find Brom's old friend, Jeod. While Brom and Jeod discussed plans to access the records, Eragon got to wander about the city. He ended up in the shop of Angela the herbalist where she read him his fortune as told by the knucklebones of dragons. One of the things she told him is that he is truly lucky. He is one of the few people to get to decide their own fate. She told him that many people warred to control him. That is where we are now. Eragon is chasing the strangers while contemplating his future beyond that. Will he flee to the Varden and fight with them to kill Galbatorix? Will he be captured by Galbatorix and forced to join him?

Rules:
1. No c/p ing. If you do, you'll be modkilled.
2. No speaking about this game outside of threads or pms created by me. This will result in a modkill.
3. No talking after I declare the DP over.

DP/NP:
The NP will last 24 hours from the time the DP ends.

Notes:
First, if you know what you want to do with your night action before the DP is over, then send it in ahead of time.
Second, the names mentioned in the parts of the story I use are not necessarily characters in the game.

Active Players:
1. Tv
2. Ore_Ele
3. Bluesteel
4. Drafterman
5. F-16
6. Blackvoid
7. Medic
8. Viper-King
9. lordknukle
10. LDF
11. royalpaladin
12. caveat
13. Danielle
14. Marauder
15. PartamRuhem
16. socialpinko
17. Mestari
18. DetectableNinja
19. Andromeda
20. LoR

It takes 11 votes to lynch.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:05:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, so in the Interwebz game, we claimed according to category. I think that that was a good idea, and that we should mimic that game by claiming a species. This forces the mafia to think about what they want to claim ahead of time.

I win with the town and my species is Elf.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:07:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I win with the Varden (town).

My character name is Martin. I am a mercenary in Teirm. I was hired to protect ships from pirates. I met Brom and Eragon when they visited Teirm while they were searching for Jeod. Because I was not involved in the fight over the future of Alagaesia, I am a vanilla townie.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:08:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
That's a good idea, Royal. I'm Elf too.

VTL Caveat for pressure.

Also, I won't be tracking claims in this game unless one of my other games ends first.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:08:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:07:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I win with the Varden (town).

My character name is Martin. I am a mercenary in Teirm. I was hired to protect ships from pirates. I met Brom and Eragon when they visited Teirm while they were searching for Jeod. Because I was not involved in the fight over the future of Alagaesia, I am a vanilla townie.

I win with the Varden. Why did you role and character claim?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:09:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:07:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I win with the Varden (town).

My character name is Martin. I am a mercenary in Teirm. I was hired to protect ships from pirates. I met Brom and Eragon when they visited Teirm while they were searching for Jeod. Because I was not involved in the fight over the future of Alagaesia, I am a vanilla townie.

Uhm.... Unvote VTL F-16 Why would you come out with this without any pressure?
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:09:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:05:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, so in the Interwebz game, we claimed according to category. I think that that was a good idea, and that we should mimic that game by claiming a species. This forces the mafia to think about what they want to claim ahead of time.

I win with the town and my species is Elf.

Tbh I think we agreed that the semi-claim wasnt that helpful in the interwebz game. The categories we claimed were really broad allowing for good fake claims anyway. Same thing here; even if I claimed a human, theres still a ton of possible fake claims that can come from that so I don't see much benefit.

Its up to the others.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:09:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:08:14 PM, drafterman wrote:
That's a good idea, Royal. I'm Elf too.

VTL Caveat for pressure.

Also, I won't be tracking claims in this game unless one of my other games ends first.

I will try to track the characters. TRY. I would appreciate it if others helped as well.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:10:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I win with the Varden. Also, Drafterman is most likely town for mentioning that he won with Varde first. My role PM says the same thing. I am a human.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:11:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:07:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I win with the Varden (town).

My character name is Martin. I am a mercenary in Teirm. I was hired to protect ships from pirates. I met Brom and Eragon when they visited Teirm while they were searching for Jeod. Because I was not involved in the fight over the future of Alagaesia, I am a vanilla townie.

Lies, F-16.

From the Inheritance wiki:

Martin was a man whom Eragon and Brom met in the Green Chestnut bar in Teirm. Brom was trying to bribe the bartender, Gareth, to tell him where Jeod lived when Martin interrupted and told Brom where Jeod lived without requiring a bribe.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:11:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Before this becomes and issue because of my screw-up, The town and Varden are the same. Everyone was told they win with the __________ (town/varden/whateverelseiwanted)
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:12:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:09:25 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/23/2011 6:05:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, so in the Interwebz game, we claimed according to category. I think that that was a good idea, and that we should mimic that game by claiming a species. This forces the mafia to think about what they want to claim ahead of time.

I win with the town and my species is Elf.

Tbh I think we agreed that the semi-claim wasnt that helpful in the interwebz game. The categories we claimed were really broad allowing for good fake claims anyway. Same thing here; even if I claimed a human, theres still a ton of possible fake claims that can come from that so I don't see much benefit.

Its up to the others.

Sure, but it still restricts the claims that the Mafia can make later on. Also, we know that most Mafia will claim human because it has the widest variety, which means we can semi-confirm everyone else as town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:12:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am a vanilla townie. Consider the possibilites:

1) I claim now ensuring that I won't be an early target and actually get to play a game considering that this is the only game that I am playing in currently.

2) I allude to power role and get the mafia to target me, which means I will either waste the doc on me or die because the mafia will kill me.

3) I say nothing and claim towards the end which will make me look suspicious. The last two times I have seen vanilla claims were Drafterman in the classic mafia game and Partam in the Interwebz game. They were both lynched and also claimed last or close to last.

Option 1 was the only option that I found to be appealing.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:12:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:11:39 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Before this becomes and issue because of my screw-up, The town and Varden are the same. Everyone was told they win with the __________ (town/varden/whateverelseiwanted)

Meant to say that in the OP.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:14:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:12:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am a vanilla townie. Consider the possibilites:

1) I claim now ensuring that I won't be an early target and actually get to play a game considering that this is the only game that I am playing in currently.

2) I allude to power role and get the mafia to target me, which means I will either waste the doc on me or die because the mafia will kill me.

3) I say nothing and claim towards the end which will make me look suspicious. The last two times I have seen vanilla claims were Drafterman in the classic mafia game and Partam in the Interwebz game. They were both lynched and also claimed last or close to last.

Option 1 was the only option that I found to be appealing.

The only value to Vanilla is to be night killed, sparing a more powerful role. Also, I wasn't lynched because of my Vanilla claim, I was lynched because all that was left was basically Cult and Mafia and due to BV's recruitment he knew I was one of the odd men out. The "suspicion" against me was fabricated.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:16:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:12:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am a vanilla townie. Consider the possibilites:

1) I claim now ensuring that I won't be an early target and actually get to play a game considering that this is the only game that I am playing in currently.

2) I allude to power role and get the mafia to target me, which means I will either waste the doc on me or die because the mafia will kill me.

3) I say nothing and claim towards the end which will make me look suspicious. The last two times I have seen vanilla claims were Drafterman in the classic mafia game and Partam in the Interwebz game. They were both lynched and also claimed last or close to last.

Option 1 was the only option that I found to be appealing.

If you are mafia, you could easily have claimed Martin because it is unlikely that anyone else will claim him. He is such a minor character (he literally appears for about one paragraph in one book) that I doubt he was even used.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:17:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Role Claims
F-16-"IWWTV"-Human-Martin

Species Claim
Royalpaladin-"IWWTV"-Elf
Drafterman-"IWWTV"-Elf

Affiliation Claim
Andromeda-"IWWTV"
BlackVoid-Whatever random bilge he said this time (I am not going to keep track, lol)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:18:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:16:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/23/2011 6:12:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am a vanilla townie. Consider the possibilites:

1) I claim now ensuring that I won't be an early target and actually get to play a game considering that this is the only game that I am playing in currently.

2) I allude to power role and get the mafia to target me, which means I will either waste the doc on me or die because the mafia will kill me.

3) I say nothing and claim towards the end which will make me look suspicious. The last two times I have seen vanilla claims were Drafterman in the classic mafia game and Partam in the Interwebz game. They were both lynched and also claimed last or close to last.

Option 1 was the only option that I found to be appealing.

If you are mafia, you could easily have claimed Martin because it is unlikely that anyone else will claim him. He is such a minor character (he literally appears for about one paragraph in one book) that I doubt he was even used.

This. I read the first three books, but when F-16 said he was Martin I was like "who the heck is that"?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:18:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Role Claims
F-16-"IWWTV"-Human-Martin

Species Claim
Royalpaladin-"IWWTV"-Elf
Drafterman-"IWWTV"-Elf

Affiliation Claim
Andromeda-"IWWTV"
BlackVoid-Whatever random bilge he said this time (I am not going to keep track, lol)
SocialPinko-"IWWTV"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:19:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@ Drafterman, you were lynched because Blackhawk's doctor claim was far more convincing than yours.

My "use" is not just to offer myself up to be killed but rather to use my reasoning ability and analyze the game and find out who the mafia are and possibly to lead my team to victory.

@ Royal, if you already suspect me even though I claimed first, I can only imagine what I might have to deal with had I claimed last.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:23:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:19:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ Drafterman, you were lynched because Blackhawk's doctor claim was far more convincing than yours.

No, I was lynched because BV faked a guilty LD result on me.


My "use" is not just to offer myself up to be killed but rather to use my reasoning ability and analyze the game and find out who the mafia are and possibly to lead my team to victory.

Oh, ok. And what part of that involves claiming Vanilla?


@ Royal, if you already suspect me even though I claimed first, I can only imagine what I might have to deal with had I claimed last.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:24:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:22:00 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I haven't been able to decipher any hints in the OP. Maybe some others who've read the books can spot something.

Perhaps the person who plays as Eragon is able to choose which side he or she wants to win with?

I have no idea. The first part was directly from the first chapter of the first book, while the second part was a summary of a chunk of the first book.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:25:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:24:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/23/2011 6:22:00 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I haven't been able to decipher any hints in the OP. Maybe some others who've read the books can spot something.

Perhaps the person who plays as Eragon is able to choose which side he or she wants to win with?

I have no idea. The first part was directly from the first chapter of the first book, while the second part was a summary of a chunk of the first book.

I don't see any way Eragon isn't town. He's basically anti-empire all series. I can't remember him ever being tempted by the other side.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2011 6:26:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/23/2011 6:25:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/23/2011 6:24:04 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/23/2011 6:22:00 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I haven't been able to decipher any hints in the OP. Maybe some others who've read the books can spot something.

Perhaps the person who plays as Eragon is able to choose which side he or she wants to win with?

I have no idea. The first part was directly from the first chapter of the first book, while the second part was a summary of a chunk of the first book.

I don't see any way Eragon isn't town. He's basically anti-empire all series. I can't remember him ever being tempted by the other side.

This was exactly why I did not understand if we were supposed to derive hints from the OP.

Species claim, please.