drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 5:59:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
==== Role PMs ====

WriterSelb: You are the HIDER. Each night you may choose a target. You

will "hide" behind that target. Any action that specifically targets you will fail.

However, any action that specifically affects your target will also affect you. Lastly, if

you target a non-town player, you will die. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Ideally, you want to hide behind someone else that is not likely to be

targeted by the mafia kill. You also do not want to target mafia, so be sure of your

target's affiliation before choosing.

brian_eggleston: You are the WATCHER. Each odd-numbered night-phase, you

may choose a target. You will "watch" the target and learn everyone else that visits them,

but not what actions they take. You may use your ability on night-phases 1, 3, 5, etc. You

win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Watcher is known as a protective/informative role. The best use is to target

someone who is likely to be targeted by the mafia to be killed. If your target dies during

the night, one of the people on your report is likely the killer.

Wierdman: You are VANILLA. You have no abilities. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Vanilla can be a benefit to the town by getting killed by the mafia instead

of someone else with a more powerful role. Thus, try not to reveal that you are vanilla

unless significantly pressured.

Jordan56: You are the BODY GUARD. Each night you may choose a target. If

that target would die in the night, you will die in their stead. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Your power is best used in protecting important roles such as the cop,

doctor, or watcher. If you suspect another player is one of these roles, you should protect

them.

royalpaladin: You are the SURVIVOR. You have no abilities. When another

faction (town or mafia) would win, you win instead. You win with yourself.

STRATEGY TIP: There is no agreed upon strategy for playing survivor. Some say to try and

stay under the radar, others say claim early to earn second place. Good luck!

Caps: You are the HATED TOWNIE. You have no abilities. Since you are

hated, it takes one less vote than normal to lynch you. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: It would probably be best if you claimed your role early, so you are not

accidentally lynched. Your role is actually a detriment to the town, so try not to draw

suspicion to yourself.

jm_notguilty: You are the BOMB. If you are targeted to die in the night,

you "explode" and kill your attacker. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Since exchanging a single townie for a single mafia always works in the

town's favor, you want try and get the mafia to kill you. You can do this by making the

mafia think you have an important role, such as cop, doctor, or watcher. However, there may

be an actual cop, doctor, or watcher, who will counter claim you, and make the town think

you are mafia. Also, if you too obviously try and get the mafia to target you, they will

avoid you.

MasterKage: You are the MASON RECRUITER. Each night you may target another

player. If that player wins with the town, they will be recruited into the Masons, and you

will share a PM with them. If they do not win with the town, you will die. You win with the

town.

tyler90az: You are the TRACKER. Each even-numbered night-phase you may

target another player. You will learn everyone they target, but not what they did. You may

use your ability on night-phases 2, 4, 6, etc. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Tracking allows you to try and deduce what roles players have. If you track a

player to their target, and that target reports some action taken against them, you can

deduce that who you tracked performed that action. Also, if you track a player to another

player who turns up dead, it is possible that your target was mafia performing the mafia

kill.

Xerge: You are the BUS DRIVER. Each odd-numbered night-phase, you may

select two targets. Everything that would affect your first target will instead affect the

second. Everything that would affect your second target will instead affect the first. You

may use your ability on night-phases 1, 3, 5, etc. You win with the mafia.

STRATEGY TIP: Your ability is best used to mess with the town, especially when they

broadcast their actions. If a cop intends to investigate a mafia, you can swap their target

with a townie. You can force the doctor to protect a mafia teammate, and other hilarity.

Lordknukle: You are the COP. Each odd-numbered night-phase, you may select

a target. You will be told that target's affiliation ("Innocent" or "Guilty"). You win with

the town.

STRATEGY TIP: You should use your ability to try and determine who the mafia is. Others

also say to target people whom you have no "read" on. Don't target people who you are

pretty sure are town, or are likely to be lynched the next phase. Also, generally do not

reveal who you are unless you have a lead on a mafia.

Chthonian: You are the ROLE BLOCKER. Each night you may select a target.

That target will not be able to use their abilities. You win with the mafia.

STRATEGY TIP: Ideally you want to use your ability to stop the town power roles (Cop,

Doctor, Watcher) from using their abilities, freeing the mafia to act with impunity.

Buckethead (Viper-King): You are the ROLE COP. Each night you may select a

target. You will be told that target's role. You win with the mafia.

STRATEGY TIP: You should try and uncover powerful roles so that they can be targeted with

the mafia night-kill, weaknening the town.

caveat: You are the JAILKEEPER. Each night you may select a target. That

target will be protected from all actions. However, they will not be able to perform any
actions themselves. You win with the town.

STRATEGY TIP: Your role is a double-edged sword. You can protect people as well as inhibit

their abilities. Use your judgement wisely.

unstupendousman: You are the GODFATHER. You will appear "Innocent" upon

investigation. You win with the mafia.

STRATEGY TIP: Your purpose is to convince the cop that you are town. Overt attempts to draw

the town's attention to you will be noticed, so be subtle.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 5:59:43 AM
==== Night Phase Actions ====
---- Night Phase 1 ----

Town:
WriterSelbe Hider Hide behind UnStupendousMan, Result: Death (USM was

not town)
brian_eggleston Odd-Night Watcher Watch Royal, Result: Visited by Xerge, Viper

(Target changed to caveat)
Wierdman Vanilla (No action)
Jordan56 Bodyguard (No action)
Caps Hated Townie (No action)
jm_notguilty Bomb (No action)
MasterKage Mason Recruiter Recruit Caveat, Result: Failure (Role Blocked by

Chthonian)
tyler90az Even-Night Tracker (No action)
Lordknukle Odd-Night Cop Investigate Caveat, Result: Guilty (Target changed

to Royal)
caveat Jailkeeper Jail wierdman, Result: Success; Died (Killed by

Viper)

Mafia:
unstupendousman Godfather (No action)
Xerge Odd-Night Bus Driver Bus Royal/Caveat, Result: Success
Chthonian Role Blocker Role Block MasterKage, Result: Success
Viper-King Role Cop Investigate Tyler, Result: Tracker; Kill Royal,

Result: Success (Target changed to Caveat)

3rd Party:
royalpaladin Survivor (No action)

---- Night Phase 2 ----

Town:
Wierdman Vanilla (No action)
Jordan56 BodyguardProtect wierdman, Result: Success
MasterKage Mason RecruiterRecruit USM, Result: Death (USM was not town)
tyler90az Even-Night TrackerTrack Royal, Result: Failure (Role Blocked by

Chthonian)
Lordknukle Odd-Night Cop (No action)

Mafia:
Xerge Odd-Night Bus Driver Kill Master Kage, Result: Success
Chthonian Role Blocker Role Block Tyler, Result: Success
Buckethead Role Cop Investigate Royal, Result: Survivor

3rd Party:
royalpaladin Survivor (No action)

---- Night Phase 3 ----

Town:
Wierdman Vanilla Died (Killed by Buckethead)
Jordan56 BodyguardProtect tyler, Result: Success
tyler90az Even-Night Tracker(No action)
Lordknukle Odd-Night Cop Investigate tyler, Result: Innocent

Mafia:
Xerge Odd-Night Bus Driver Bus JM/Jordan, Result: Success
Chthonian Role Blocker Block tyler, Result: Success
Buckethead Role Cop Investigate CAP, Result: Hated Townie; Kill

Wierdman, Result: Success
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 6:00:39 AM
First, mistakes. I made a few. Here are three mistakes I made:

1. Accidentally posted brian's role PM along with Writer's role PM to WriterSelbe. I told him I was going to change it, but I didn't. He didn't live long enough to exploit this.

2. Accidentally posted part of CAPS role title in the player list DP1. USM picked this up, but it doesn't seem like anyone else noticed.

3. Accidentally gave brian incorrect results from his NP1 watching, but had no effect as I corrected them before he could act on them.

Second, mafia won because town was not playing. royal and USM dominated the day phase discussions, neither of whom was town. Play or Die. LK and brian both had potentially significant results, but neither spoke up about them. The lack of adequate town participation also probably contributed to Writer and Kage's deaths, as they both thought USM was town. Lastly, JM never attempted to try and draw attention to himself to get the mafia to kill him.

Third, issue specific comments:
royal claiming Jester. That would have only worked in a beginner game and, as you saw, eventually just caused the mafia to target her.

USM claiming Beloved Princess. An excellent claim for a God Father.

Tyler & LK lying about their role/results: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I'm not sure what possessed tyler to fake claim cop as tracker. The only reason it carried so far was because LK thought he was paranoid allowing for a sane cop to exist. I suspect that his "Innocent" result on tyler caused him to believe he was insane instead, thus thinking tyler was actually "guilty." LK, you should have known better as you made this mistake in NASCAR mafia. LK was sane cop, but investigated caveat, townie, "Guilty" NP1. This was because of the mafia bus, which changed the target to royal.

Not sure why the town basically just laid down this game. Maybe it was the holidays, maybe people were bored. But it's basically just letting the mafia win.
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 6:05:14 AM
At 12/25/2011 6:02:52 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
Lol... that... sucked.

Was LK a paranoid cop?

Wait, nvm.

LK, why'd you lie?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 7:31:45 AM
At 12/25/2011 6:05:14 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
At 12/25/2011 6:02:52 AM, jm_notguilty wrote:
Lol... that... sucked.

Was LK a paranoid cop?

Wait, nvm.

LK, why'd you lie?

cause I got a guilty on caveat while he was innocent
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:16:05 AM
I knew Royal was lying and I was tired of her dominating the game.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:27:31 AM
At 12/25/2011 9:16:05 AM, tyler90az wrote:

Your instincts were good in that regard.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:49:24 AM
I have to claim credit for engineering the kill of Caveat NP1. Although killing an active early probably made the game a lot worse, it was (IMHO) an excellent decision from the mafia's point of view. We "targeted" Royal purposefully so that the kill would go to Caveat. The bus driver role was a huge plus in that respect. Also, if you read the mafia PMs (there were two of them, one replacing the other because VK was inactive) I dominated those threads like I did the day phases. Wow that was a weird game.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 10:16:48 AM
I think we did well with the situations that arose. Although I think I have still have some more growing to do, I have learned many things.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 10:43:50 AM
At 12/25/2011 9:49:24 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
I have to claim credit for engineering the kill of Caveat NP1. Although killing an active early probably made the game a lot worse, it was (IMHO) an excellent decision from the mafia's point of view. We "targeted" Royal purposefully so that the kill would go to Caveat. The bus driver role was a huge plus in that respect. Also, if you read the mafia PMs (there were two of them, one replacing the other because VK was inactive) I dominated those threads like I did the day phases. Wow that was a weird game.

It was actually myself and tyler who caused my death. I should have realized that I couldn't trust the other town power roles to protect me and just laid low, but tyler went ahead and pressured me as the "best player in the game". After that post, knowing my own role (I didn't think there'd be a second "doctor" in Town, and I was right), and seeing how many players were inactive (both Watcher and Bodyguard DP1), I was almost certain that I'd be gone (right again).

From then they let mafia and 3rd party control their actions.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 10:49:00 AM
At 12/25/2011 10:43:50 AM, caveat wrote:

It was actually myself and tyler who caused my death. I should have realized that I couldn't trust the other town power roles to protect me and just laid low, but tyler went ahead and pressured me as the "best player in the game". After that post, knowing my own role (I didn't think there'd be a second "doctor" in Town, and I was right), and seeing how many players were inactive (both Watcher and Bodyguard DP1), I was almost certain that I'd be gone (right again).

LOL the highlighted part is true.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 11:10:43 AM

Tyler was vital in getting rid of Royal though. It was beneficial for us and the town based on her role.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 11:28:15 AM
At 12/25/2011 11:10:43 AM, Xerge wrote:

Tyler was vital in getting rid of Royal though. It was beneficial for us and the town based on her role.

...with some assist from Brian of course. It may have posed some problems if he said WHO she was associating with however.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:07:56 PM
At 12/25/2011 9:16:05 AM, tyler90az wrote:

Please do not ever push for kills against people that you do not know the allegiance of. That was a mis-lynch because I was playing pro-town.
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:13:25 PM
Royal, you mentioned that the mafia should have tried to make a deal with you. How would that have been possible and why would the mafia want to make a deal with someone who declaratively stated they want to "scumhunt"?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:13:29 PM
I only pegged 2/4 mafia right away (USM and Cthonian) this game . . .

Town players need to be more active and plays need to be a little more strategic. Tyler should not have claimed cop and had me lynched because that automatically put suspicion on him afterwards and caused LK to counterclaim and have him lynched. If you are town, there is little reason to lie. Also, people need to post investigative results ASAP. There was literally no way that we could win because nobody was posting anything.

Yes, I was dominating the Day Phase, but you could have easily corrected that by posting your true results (instead of framing me.) Also, note that the other dominating member was USM, who was the Mafia. Having a pro-town player lynched so that an individual with questionable allegiance can dominate is a bad move.

I should not have claimed Jester; that was a foolish move. USM did a nice job claiming Beloved Princess, but that made me suspect him immediately because he, without pressure, claimed a role that was "invincible". The moment he claimed it without anybody asking him to, I knew that he was probably Mafia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:15:17 PM
At 12/25/2011 9:13:25 PM, Chthonian wrote:
Royal, you mentioned that the mafia should have tried to make a deal with you. How would that have been possible and why would the mafia want to make a deal with someone who declaratively stated they want to "scumhunt"?

Well, I knew that you had put a role cop on me and thus knew my role. Of course I have to tell people that I want to scumhunt on the town thread, but you could have easily sent me hints that you would not kill me in exchange for having townies lynched. I will try to figure out exactly how this could have worked so that I have a strategy for my next game as the Survivor.
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:28:06 PM
At 12/25/2011 9:13:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Town players need to be more active and plays need to be a little more strategic. Tyler should not have claimed cop and had me lynched because that automatically put suspicion on him afterwards and caused LK to counterclaim and have him lynched. If you are town, there is little reason to lie. Also, people need to post investigative results ASAP. There was literally no way that we could win because nobody was posting anything.

Yes, I was dominating the Day Phase, but you could have easily corrected that by posting your true results (instead of framing me.) Also, note that the other dominating member was USM, who was the Mafia. Having a pro-town player lynched so that an individual with questionable allegiance can dominate is a bad move.

I should not have claimed Jester; that was a foolish move. USM did a nice job claiming Beloved Princess, but that made me suspect him immediately because he, without pressure, claimed a role that was "invincible". The moment he claimed it without anybody asking him to, I knew that he was probably Mafia.

You also thought that Brian and Tyler were mafia.

Also, what gave away my mafia allegiance?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:31:57 PM
At 12/25/2011 9:28:06 PM, Chthonian wrote:

I suspected USM and you repeatedly agreed with him and worked with him in the Day Phases. I forgot to take into account Brian's status as a new player when he said some weird things. Tyler was just being scummy, and he needs to learn to not come off as mafia in every single game. He kept pushing for roleclaims in DP1, he falsely claimed cop and accused me of being mafia, etc. If you had been in my position, you probably would have thought that he was mafia as well.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:38:26 PM

Good job.
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 9:45:41 PM
At 12/25/2011 9:31:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/25/2011 9:28:06 PM, Chthonian wrote:

I suspected USM and you repeatedly agreed with him and worked with him in the Day Phases. I forgot to take into account Brian's status as a new player when he said some weird things. Tyler was just being scummy, and he needs to learn to not come off as mafia in every single game. He kept pushing for roleclaims in DP1, he falsely claimed cop and accused me of being mafia, etc. If you had been in my position, you probably would have thought that he was mafia as well.

That is an interesting assessment: while I chose to VTL you first, I went out of my way not to buddy with USM because I knew he was the GF. Actually, during our NP PM we specifically decided to create tension between us because we know you are very perceptive and pick up on such things.

Also, I think you should have not claim a role in DP1 without pressure. I immediately found you suspicious based on the reasons you gave, which is why I targeted you. In addition, the mafia as a whole were threaten by your angle, so we actively strategized to have you lynched; Tyler just made it easier for us.