Total Posts:420|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Inheritance Mafia DP2

blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 10:24:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
After traveling all across Alagaesia, Eragon ultimately found his way to the Varden with a dying Arya. After getting her medical attention, he was checked by the Varden so they knew he wasn't against them. A few days after their arrival in Farthen Dur, word reached the Varden that there were Urgals in the dwarf's tunnels. They prepared for the attack, but were unsure of whether or not they could win. When the time of battle finally came, the Varden fought valiantly, but it was a losing battle. It wasn't until Durza showed up in the center of Tronjheim to capture Eragon, that there was a chance at victory. Eragon fought Durza, and did fairly well at first. He mad a mistake, though, and Durza cut him across his back. When Saphira and Arya broke Isidar Mithrim, Durza looked up and began to cast a spell. Enraged, Eragon drew forth all reserves of his energy and with a cry of "brisingr", plunged the sword through Durza's heart. Unfortunately, after having broken into Durza's mind previously, Eragon was filled with all his thoughts. The thoughts surged around in his mind clouding his own thoughts. They threatened to wipe his consciousness away. It was only with the help of the Cripple Who Is Whole that Eragon finally got rid of the Shade's consciousness and awoke.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night, the Varden lost a great asset. Angela the Herbalist was found dead this morning. It would appear that someone forced her to swallow a handful of super-heated dirt that then burned through her body and killed her. Quite a gruesome death for one of Angela's standing. Luckily, not all was lost. A piece of paper was found in Angela's room. It read:
Medic's fortune - Your target will end up meeting with a family member. He'll be captured by the empire and forced into fealty. He'll acquire great power and become crucial in the slaying of Galbatorix. He'll then leave Alagaesia possibly forever.

Bluesteel - Angela – You are a mysterious herbalist known and respected by all. When you first met Eragon in Teirm, you read him his fortune as told by the knuckle-bones of a dragon. You can select one person every night and learn their fortune. You win with the Varden (town).

Active players list:
Ore_Ele
TV
Caveat
danielle
Drafterman
Viper-King
Royalpaladin
Spinko
F-16
LoR
Marauder
PartamRuhem
LDF
Medic
detectableninja
Blackvoid
Andro
Mestari
LordKnuckle

It takes 10 votes to lynch.

Danielle - 1/10 - Danielle

MOD NOTE:
Please bold all votes and unvotes. I forgot to mention this last DP, but fortunately no problems arose.

I'll have to be clearer about the ending of the DP. It was supposed to end at 9 AM EST yesterday, but it didn't.

Remember, ask me about characters, don't go to the wiki. You can also ask me for a list of all members of a specific species.

Please refrain from talking about religious events. This is a mafia game, not Bible study.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 10:30:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 10:24:42 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Please refrain from talking about religious events. This is a mafia game, not Bible study.

Thank you.

Royal, there are 8 dragons, not 4.

Shruikan - Galbatorix's dragon
Thorn - Murtagh's dragon
Enurfala - A wild dragon that stole magic from a clan of Urgals
Saphira - Eragon's dragon
Saphira - Brom's dragon
Umaroth - Vrael's dragon
Glaedr - Oromis' dragon
Bid'Daum - The original Eragon dragon

Okay so where did you guys leave off last DP?
President of DDO
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 10:31:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 10:30:19 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2011 10:24:42 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Please refrain from talking about religious events. This is a mafia game, not Bible study.

Thank you.

Royal, there are 8 dragons, not 4.

Shruikan - Galbatorix's dragon
Thorn - Murtagh's dragon
Enurfala - A wild dragon that stole magic from a clan of Urgals
Saphira - Eragon's dragon
Saphira - Brom's dragon
Umaroth - Vrael's dragon
Glaedr - Oromis' dragon
Bid'Daum - The original Eragon dragon

Okay so where did you guys leave off last DP?

TV claimed Eragon.
Caveat claimed Saphira.
F-16 and Partam claimed vanillas.
That's pretty much ti.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 10:56:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
MOD NOTE:

Bluesteel2 has replaced viper-king
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:11:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM, caveat wrote:
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.

Or you were and are lying. Or doctor was on you because he sure as he11 wasn't on me last NP.

Medic is obviously Murtagh based on my former role. He better role claim asap. Murtagh is listed as an in between character. He's the main antagonist in books 2 and 3.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:12:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Danielle, you have basically claimed Glaedr. The other dragons you listed are either considered bad guys (Thorn) or make super-minor appearances in the books.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:14:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM, caveat wrote:
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.

There are 2 Saphiras on the list of 8 dragons. Which are you??
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:16:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:14:49 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM, caveat wrote:
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.

There are 2 Saphiras on the list of 8 dragons. Which are you??

TV is the human Eragon. I am linked with him.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:17:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I also think Royal is mafia now fyi. The only thing I did last DP (which could merit killing me) was tell the town not to species claim.

The following people have proven in the past that they are generally against killing me NP1 as mafia: F-16, logic_on_rails. My death may also confirm them.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:18:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:14:49 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM, caveat wrote:
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.

There are 2 Saphiras on the list of 8 dragons. Which are you??

Eragon's Saphira, obviously.

This isn't a role claim......
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:21:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
gah angela >_<

i guess I will tell you all what happened. Blackhawk offered for me to pick my character before the sign-ups started. If you look at the sign up list, 5 people were on the list before the sign ups started : Me, Bluesteel, Ore_Ele, Tv, and Blackvoid. I'm pretty sure all of them picked their characters (tv picked the main character = best role, bluesteel picked the one with psychic abilities.) I believe that Blackvoid would have purposely picked a mafia character. He's expressed to me before how he has more fun as mafia and I don't remember him actually being on the mafia side very often, so i strongly believe that he would want to be mafia this time.

Vtl Blackvoid
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:22:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:11:01 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM, caveat wrote:
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.

Or you were and are lying. Or doctor was on you because he sure as he11 wasn't on me last NP.

Medic is obviously Murtagh based on my former role. He better role claim asap. Murtagh is listed as an in between character. He's the main antagonist in books 2 and 3.

FOS on BS2. You revealed my fortune when Angela died. If you're town, why would you want me to role claim when my fortune confirms me as a townie??
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:24:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:17:03 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I also think Royal is mafia now fyi. The only thing I did last DP (which could merit killing me) was tell the town not to species claim.

The following people have proven in the past that they are generally against killing me NP1 as mafia: F-16, logic_on_rails. My death may also confirm them.

or someone remembered that you said you wanted to be angela in a certain thread.. *cough blackvoid*
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:25:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:21:40 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
gah angela >_<

i guess I will tell you all what happened. Blackhawk offered for me to pick my character before the sign-ups started. If you look at the sign up list, 5 people were on the list before the sign ups started : Me, Bluesteel, Ore_Ele, Tv, and Blackvoid. I'm pretty sure all of them picked their characters (tv picked the main character = best role, bluesteel picked the one with psychic abilities.) I believe that Blackvoid would have purposely picked a mafia character. He's expressed to me before how he has more fun as mafia and I don't remember him actually being on the mafia side very often, so i strongly believe that he would want to be mafia this time.

Vtl Blackvoid

Maybe, but I decided when the game began that telling this to the mafia was inadvisable. Given that tv was Eragon, it was clear those people were the power roles.

But now that I died first, it's equally likely someone on that list chose a bad guy since they'd have known to kill people off the list. But mafia has plenty of reasons to target me first.

Whatever, you've outed the list now. They all may as well claim character. They are either mafia or huge targets now.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:28:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:25:09 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:21:40 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
gah angela >_<

i guess I will tell you all what happened. Blackhawk offered for me to pick my character before the sign-ups started. If you look at the sign up list, 5 people were on the list before the sign ups started : Me, Bluesteel, Ore_Ele, Tv, and Blackvoid. I'm pretty sure all of them picked their characters (tv picked the main character = best role, bluesteel picked the one with psychic abilities.) I believe that Blackvoid would have purposely picked a mafia character. He's expressed to me before how he has more fun as mafia and I don't remember him actually being on the mafia side very often, so i strongly believe that he would want to be mafia this time.

Vtl Blackvoid

Maybe, but I decided when the game began that telling this to the mafia was inadvisable. Given that tv was Eragon, it was clear those people were the power roles.

But now that I died first, it's equally likely someone on that list chose a bad guy since they'd have known to kill people off the list. But mafia has plenty of reasons to target me first.

Whatever, you've outed the list now. They all may as well claim character. They are either mafia or huge targets now.

thing is, eragon is already outed, angela is already dead. those are the two most important roles, imo, besides maybe saphira, so is it really that big of a deal now?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:29:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:22:36 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:11:01 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/26/2011 10:53:19 AM, caveat wrote:
It seems mafia's conversion power(s) must be contingent on something or TV/myself would have been converted otherwise.

Or you were and are lying. Or doctor was on you because he sure as he11 wasn't on me last NP.

Medic is obviously Murtagh based on my former role. He better role claim asap. Murtagh is listed as an in between character. He's the main antagonist in books 2 and 3.

FOS on BS2. You revealed my fortune when Angela died. If you're town, why would you want me to role claim when my fortune confirms me as a townie??

1) I had no control over whether the fortune was revealed when I died. 2) If I did, I would have made that decision as bluesteel1. How can you use that to FOS me now? 3) The fortune doesn't save you're evil. It doesn't say you are good either. It says you helped kill Galbatorix (spoilers...). But you play for both sides and are the main antagonist for most of the books. You murdered the Dwarf king. Personally, I'd think you were the survivor or SK, but you're soft claiming town so yeah, I'm more suspicious now. Murtagh makes most sense as either miller or third party.

I *would have* preferred to have lived and force you to claim without telling you my result. If you claimed Murtagh, I'd have let you go without a role claim most likely.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:31:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.

Yes, I'm Murtagh. But I will not role claim. Read the OP and my fortune that Angela revealed. I am mod-confirmed as a townie. Me role-claiming only helps mafia.

VTL Bluesteel
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:32:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:31:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.

Yes, I'm Murtagh. But I will not role claim. Read the OP and my fortune that Angela revealed. I am mod-confirmed as a townie. Me role-claiming only helps mafia.

VTL Bluesteel

how are you mod-confirmed as townie?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:35:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:31:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.

Yes, I'm Murtagh. But I will not role claim. Read the OP and my fortune that Angela revealed. I am mod-confirmed as a townie. Me role-claiming only helps mafia.

VTL Bluesteel

I don't see how you are confirmed as town. You are the main enemy of the Varden for 75% of the story. The fortune doesn't say your alignment dumb dumb.

If you're town, you are obviously convert-able. If I had been changed to mafia, I'd have kept my mouth shut about what your fortune meant and just had you converted. The fact you don't seem concerned about this or the fact that by stonewalling no one will protect you shows me that you're probably mafia or third party.

I don't know when it became a "good" tactic to FOS back the person who just FOS'ed you. That is the *most* common mafia tactic when they get caught for a claim.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:37:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:32:56 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:31:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.

Yes, I'm Murtagh. But I will not role claim. Read the OP and my fortune that Angela revealed. I am mod-confirmed as a townie. Me role-claiming only helps mafia.

VTL Bluesteel

how are you mod-confirmed as townie?

My fortune says that I aquire great power and will be crucial in the slaying of Galbatorix. Galbatorix is obviously Empire so why would I help slay him if I weren't town??
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:40:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:25:09 AM, bluesteel wrote:
But mafia has plenty of reasons to target me first.


They also targeted me. I am not usually targeted first; I believe that they already knew.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:43:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:37:04 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:32:56 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:31:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.

Yes, I'm Murtagh. But I will not role claim. Read the OP and my fortune that Angela revealed. I am mod-confirmed as a townie. Me role-claiming only helps mafia.

VTL Bluesteel

how are you mod-confirmed as townie?

My fortune says that I aquire great power and will be crucial in the slaying of Galbatorix. Galbatorix is obviously Empire so why would I help slay him if I weren't town??

Warning SPOILERS:

Cuz you fall in love with Nasuada at the very end of the 4th book. Had it not been for that, you would have continued to loyally follow Galbatorix. You're *not* a friend to the Varden - you murdered the king of the Dwarves. The were the one who kidnapped Nasuada in the first place for Galbatorix. The Varden live in constant fear of you and Thorn. You "acquire great power" because Galbatorix gives it to you. And you leave Algaesa because you are hated and reviled by everyone.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:45:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Look bro, you're basically Darth Vader. Same general storyline.

Would you say "I help kill the Emperor. Therefore, Darth Vader does not win with the Empire..."

I'm not certain you're mafia, but Murtagh makes far more sense as third party than town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:47:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I highly doubt you are a town power role, which you are soft claiming by your reluctance. Murtagh is either (miller/hated townie), third party, or mafia.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:48:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:40:47 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:25:09 AM, bluesteel wrote:
But mafia has plenty of reasons to target me first.


They also targeted me. I am not usually targeted first; I believe that they already knew.

Ok, good to know. I support everyone on that list claiming.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:49:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 11:35:27 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:31:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/26/2011 11:19:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic claim, we know you're Murtagh

Every second you stall makes you look more suspicious.

Yes, I'm Murtagh. But I will not role claim. Read the OP and my fortune that Angela revealed. I am mod-confirmed as a townie. Me role-claiming only helps mafia.

VTL Bluesteel

I don't see how you are confirmed as town. You are the main enemy of the Varden for 75% of the story. The fortune doesn't say your alignment dumb dumb.

If you're town, you are obviously convert-able. If I had been changed to mafia, I'd have kept my mouth shut about what your fortune meant and just had you converted. The fact you don't seem concerned about this or the fact that by stonewalling no one will protect you shows me that you're probably mafia or third party.

You didn't mention my fortune, I did. You obviously chose my fortune to reveal when you were Angela, thus you now have no control over whether or not it was revealed. A mafia member helping slay the mafia leader is an absurd claim and I'm surprised that you would try that.

I don't know when it became a "good" tactic to FOS back the person who just FOS'ed you. That is the *most* common mafia tactic when they get caught for a claim.

I FOS'd you because you're demanding that I role claim when it's obvious that my fortune says that I will be helping the town slay the mafia leader. You can allege a mafia tactic against me if you like, but it's also a mafia tactic to try and get major townie roles outed, is it not??