Jump to topic:

Inheritance Mafia DP3

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:19:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
After Eragon finished breakfast, he hauled the bundle of clothes onto his bed and carefully unfolded them, finding two full-length tunics of russet trimmed with thimbleberry green, a set of creamy leggings to wrap his calves in, and three pairs of socks so soft, they felt like liquid when he pulled them through his hands. The quality of the fabric shamed the weaving of the women of Carvahall as well as the dwarf clothes he wore now.
Eragon was grateful for the new raiment. His own breeches and tunic were sadly travel-worn from their weeks exposed to the rain and sun since Farthen Dur. Stripping, he donned one of the luxurious tunics, savoring its downy texture.
He had just laced on his boots when someone knocked on the screen to the bedroom. "Come in," he said, reaching for Zar'roc.
Orik poked his head inside, then cautiously entered, testing the floor with his feet. he eyed the ceiling. "Give me a cave any day instead of a bird's nest like this. How fared your night Eragon? Saphira?"
"Well enough. And yours?" said Eragon.
"I slept like a rock." the dwarf chuckled at his own jest, then his chin sank into his beard and he fingered the head of his axe. "I see you've eaten, so I'll ask you to accompany me. Arya, the queen, and a host of other elves await you at the base of the tree." He fixed Eragon with a testy gaze. "Something is going on that they haven't told us about. I'm not sure what they want from you, but it's important. Islanzadi's as tense as a cornered wolf . . . I thought I'd warn you before hand."
Eragon thanked him, then the two of them descended by way of the stairs, while Saphira glided to earth. They were met on the ground by Islanzadi arrayed in a mantle of ruffled swan feathers, which were like winter snow heaped upon a cardinal's breast. She greeted them and said, "Follow me."
Her wending course took the group to the edge of Ellesmera, where the buildings were few and the paths were faint from disuse. At the base of the wooded knoll, Islanzadi stopped and said in a terrible voice, "Before we go any farther, the three of you must swear in the ancient language that you will never speak to outsiders of what you are about to see, not without permission from me, my daughter, or whoever may succeed us to the throne."
"Why should I gag myself?" demanded Orik.

Why indeed? asked Saphira. Do you not trust us?
"It is not a matter of trust, but of safety. We must protect this knowledge at all costs - it's our greatest advantage over Galbatorix - and if you are bound by the ancient language, you will never willingly reveal our secret. You cam to supervise Eragon's training, Orik-vodhr. Unless you give me your word, you may as well return to Farthen Dur."
At last Orik said, "I believe that you mean no harm to dwarves or to the Varden, else I would never agree. And I hold you to the honor of your hall and clan that this isn't a ploy to deceive us. Tell me what to say."
While the queen tutored Orik in the correct pronunciation of the desired phrase, Eragon asked Saphira,
Should I do it?
Do we have a choice? Eragon remembered Arya had asked the same question yesterday, and he began to have an inkling of what she had meant: the queen left no room to maneuver.
When Orik finished, Islanzadi looked expectantly at Eragon. He hesitated, then delivered the oath, as did Saphira. "Thank you," said Islanzadi. "Now we may procede."
At the top of the knoll, the trees were replaced by a bed of red clover that ran several hundred yards to the edge of a stone cliff. The cliff extended a league in either direction and dropped a thousand feet to the forrest below, which pooled outward until it merged with the sky. It felt as if they stood on the edge of the world, staring across an endless expanse of forest.

I know this place, realized Eragon, remembering his vision of Togira Ikonoka.
Thud. The air shivered from the strength of the concussion. Thud. Another dull blow made Eragon's teeth chatter. Thud. He jammed his fingers into his ears, trying to protect them from the painful spikes in pressure. The elves stood motionless. Thud. The clover bent under a sudden gust of wind.
Thud. From below the edge of the cliff rose...

This morning found the Varden with another great loss. Elva's tent was devastated. It appears to have been ripped apart by a dragon. There were human footprint found leading from the dragons prints to Elva's body. Based on the tiny dagger found near her, it would appear as if she tried to fight back. She was no match for the swordsman, however, and she was killed with a thrust through the heart. Thus ends the story of LDF.

I'm on a different computer, so I'll have to give you guys the roles of mestari and LDF tomorrow morning. Mestari was essentially the mafia roleblocker, and LDF can tell you her role since she is a replacement.

Active players list:
Ore_Ele (replaced by LDF 2)
Tv
Drafterman
F-16
Blackvoid
Medic
BS 2
royalpaladin
caveat
Danielle
Marauder
PartamRuhem (replaced by weirdman)
socialpinko
DetectableNinja
Andromeda
LoR
lordknukle

It takes 9 votes to lynch.

Medic - 1/10 - weirdman

I think that's everything. If I forgot something, let me know.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:21:48 PM
Any investigative results?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:28:38 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:19:41 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I'm on a different computer, so I'll have to give you guys the roles of mestari and LDF tomorrow morning. Mestari was essentially the mafia roleblocker, and LDF can tell you her role since she is a replacement.

I suppose that sort of semi-confirms OreEle/LDF2. if LDF replaced a mafia scum why would Blackhawk tell us we could just trust her word on what her dead role was?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:29:32 PM
LDF death scene. She was killed by a dragon, which was lead to her by a human. That is the definition of Murtagh and Thorn.

VTL Medic.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:30:12 PM
I realized I can c/p the roles from the private pms. As you'll see, not all of the pms were long, drawn out explanations of the characters.

LDF 1 - Elva – You were blessed by Eragon as a child, but that blessing turned into more of a curse. You feel the pain and suffering of all. As a result, you will receive the name of every CHARACTER that misfortune may fall upon. You can either choose to warn that player (anonymously) which will give them a one time use role, or you can warn the doctor (anonymously) who may or may not be able to help. You win with the Varden (town).

Mestari - Ra'zac – You are a servant of Galbatorix. Whenever he needs someone brought in, you do the job. You are the mafia kidnapper. You win with the Empire (mafia).

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:31:21 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:29:32 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
LDF death scene. She was killed by a dragon, which was lead to her by a human. That is the definition of Murtagh and Thorn.

VTL Medic.

She was killed by a human. Last I checked, dragons don't wield swords. I also don't think a little girl would attempt to fend off a dragon with a small dagger.

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:32:45 PM
Except her tent was torn apart by a dragon. Which implies that Thorn was sent to look in the tent while the swordsman (murtagh) looked elsewhere and found her.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:34:31 PM
Actually, it says human footprints were found coming from the dragon footprints. This implies that the dragon flew the rider to the scene, where Murtagh dismounted and walked over to LDF.

Either way, this incriminates Medic.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:34:56 PM
Investigation results anyone? I find it hard to speculate when I know little about the damn theme.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:35:07 PM
Or perhaps the dragon was trying to defend her from the swordsman? Although, I bet a swordsman wouldn't stand a chance against a dragon. Perhaps he had a DOC or something. Another one of my crazy theories :)
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:36:48 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:35:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Or perhaps the dragon was trying to defend her from the swordsman? Although, I bet a swordsman wouldn't stand a chance against a dragon. Perhaps he had a DOC or something. Another one of my crazy theories :)

I don't know of any dragons in the series that have doctor roles. I mean, they all have magic powers, but none of them really specialize in protection as far as I know.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:38:48 PM
you people added a bunch of stuff to my claim that I did not give last dayphase after I logged off

I am a PGO with exception of elves and EREGON (TV's role). I do not know how you all started thinking I said 'dragons'

to answer bluesteel's question blackhawk justified the power with the role by saying I can take no chances of letting the kings agents get to me.

also I mentioned one other thing too but shall say it again for those that missed it, if I am lynched the last person to cast their lynch vote on me that was not an elf or TV will be slain.

I said that last dayphase too but no one paid attention for some reason. luckily I was not targeted by a non-elf or non-TV town it seems so this nightphase went without extra unwanted deaths.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:39:32 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:34:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Investigation results anyone? I find it hard to speculate when I know little about the damn theme.

I'm having the same problem. This game seems to be more reliant on the theme than anything I can remember. What's this about dragons? More to the point, why would something that sounds a lot like tracking info be in the OP?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:41:53 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:36:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

I don't know of any dragons in the series that have doctor roles. I mean, they all have magic powers, but none of them really specialize in protection as far as I know.

What I meant is that perhaps somebody else put a DOC on the player. The player killed Elva, but the dragon tried to kill the player.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:44:16 PM
Alright, I understand not everyone knows the series, so I'll spell this out.

Basically, there's three sets of dragon riders. Eragon/Saphira (good people), Murtagh/Thorn (bad people for the most part), and Galbatorix/Shruikan (bad). The OP references both a dragon and human collaborating in LDF's death. So its either of the last two groups. However, the mafia isn't going to send freakin' Galbatorix to carry out the kills. Furthermore, Galbatorix is never made out to be a "swordsman" like the OP mentioned. Murtaghon the other hand, is. Medic claimed Murtagh. Ergo, OP tells us that Medic is mafia and killed LDF.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:45:38 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:28:38 PM, Marauder wrote:

I suppose that sort of semi-confirms OreEle/LDF2. if LDF replaced a mafia scum why would Blackhawk tell us we could just trust her word on what her dead role was?

Cause you'd see it later anyway do there'd be no point in her lying?

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:46:38 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:44:16 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Alright, I understand not everyone knows the series, so I'll spell this out.

Basically, there's three sets of dragon riders. Eragon/Saphira (good people), Murtagh/Thorn (bad people for the most part), and Galbatorix/Shruikan (bad). The OP references both a dragon and human collaborating in LDF's death. So its either of the last two groups. However, the mafia isn't going to send freakin' Galbatorix to carry out the kills. Furthermore, Galbatorix is never made out to be a "swordsman" like the OP mentioned. Murtaghon the other hand, is. Medic claimed Murtagh. Ergo, OP tells us that Medic is mafia and killed LDF.

Okay, thanks. I get it now. I'm still not sure why this info would be in the OP of all places, but if it helps us catch a mafioso then I'm not going to complain. :) VTL Medic.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:46:54 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:41:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

What I meant is that perhaps somebody else put a DOC on the player. The player killed Elva, but the dragon tried to kill the player.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but her death scene doesn't indicate anything about protection. LDF's tent was destroyed by a dragon, and she was killed by a swordsman. Seems like all-destruction to me.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:50:38 PM
I'm surprised there's actually something happening right now.

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:52:25 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:45:38 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I suppose thats right. I was thinking for some reason you were going to just let LDF fill us in and not later yourself because of redundancy.

A Scout is Obedient.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:53:33 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:50:38 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I never have much to do at one in the morning, and if I do I'm definitely not going to actually do it. :)
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:54:17 PM
At 12/28/2011 11:52:25 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:45:38 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I suppose thats right. I was thinking for some reason you were going to just let LDF fill us in and not later yourself because of redundancy.

It wouldn't be redundant if she was wrong, or lied.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:02:18 AM
At 12/28/2011 11:53:33 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I never have much to do at one in the morning, and if I do I'm definitely not going to actually do it. :)

I generally have sleeping to do. If I have something else, I've probably decided fvck it, I'm checking DDO, collecting my money and hatching eggs on dragonvale, and going to bed at that point.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:18:18 AM
At 12/28/2011 11:46:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:41:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but her death scene doesn't indicate anything about protection. LDF's tent was destroyed by a dragon, and she was killed by a swordsman. Seems like all-destruction to me.

meh.. I guess you are probably right.
"There were human footprint found leading from the dragons prints to Elva's body" probably means that the rider was on the dragon and then dismounted. Otherwise, it just seem too much of a coincidence. Medic is the most likely bet so
VTL Medic
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:22:59 AM
At 12/29/2011 12:02:18 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

I generally have sleeping to do. If I have something else, I've probably decided fvck it, I'm checking DDO, collecting my money and hatching eggs on dragonvale, and going to bed at that point.

No way, this is pretty much the only time I have to myself to actually go on DDO or read a book or watch TV or w/e knowing that no one expects me to do anything productive. I couldn't imagine actually sleeping; idk how you do it. I'll maybe go to bed at 2:30-3am, sometimes closer to four.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:27:46 AM
At 12/29/2011 12:22:59 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

No way, this is pretty much the only time I have to myself to actually go on DDO or read a book or watch TV or w/e knowing that no one expects me to do anything productive. I couldn't imagine actually sleeping; idk how you do it. I'll maybe go to bed at 2:30-3am, sometimes closer to four.

Yeah I usually go to bed at 3 too, but thats just cause I don't get tired til then. The problem is that I go to bed at 3 but I don't sleep til 5 cause I'm thinking about this game, and who I should ki...I mean, protect next.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:30:52 AM
In an attempt to fix my dissappearing sig I'm going to try and actually make a post after putting it in rather than just hitting Review and then exiting out. Hopefully it works.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:38:11 AM
At 12/29/2011 12:27:46 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/29/2011 12:22:59 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Yeah I usually go to bed at 3 too, but thats just cause I don't get tired til then. The problem is that I go to bed at 3 but I don't sleep til 5 cause I'm thinking about this game, and who I should ki...I mean, protect next.

It takes you two hours to decide that? Go for the townies that are likely to be trusted enough that you probably won't be able to mislynch them later, but not so much so that the doc will protect them. :)

I don't even know how you can still think at 5, I've written research papers and debate arguments then and they always turn out to be complete garbage when I reread them in the morning and I have to start over. My brain just can't work right, no matter how much I want it to so I can justify staying up later. I'm not even tired half the time, there's just no real point to being awake. I could watch Jersey Shore, I suppose, but that's not likely to help. :)
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:40:41 AM
Well 5 was a bit of an exaggeration. Usually about 4:30. Its not just mafia I think about, also debate arguments and life stuff. But I just don't get tired til prety late.

And by the way, we're posting fluff. We must be mafia!