Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:09:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Town wins good job. Mafia lose you suck

Roles

Lickdafoot
You are Bill from the Kill Bill movies. You're perhaps the most badarse movie villian in Tarantino's films. And while you were no doubt a cold, heartless SOB, Beatrix always had soft spot for you. You can take advantage of this. You are the mafia Godfather and show up innocent upon investigation.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
You are Captain Koons from Pulp Fiction. You kept a watch up your arse for quite a while to deliver it to a young Butch. This time it won't be so uncomfortable. Every Np you may submit a message in your PM which I will send to another player. You win with the town.

Partam
You are Maynard from Pulp Fiction. You're one sick son of a b*tch. Kidnapping and sodomizing two guys in your basement is low even for a Tarantino film. Your victims couldn't do much tied up in a basement though. You are the roleblocker and win with the mafia.

Tyler90az
You are Jackie Brown from the movie Jackie Brown. At the end of the day, you're looking out for numero uno. You win if you survive until the end of the game.

Royalpaladin2
You are Mr. Brown from Reservoir Dogs. While offering an interesting interpretation of a Madonna song, you were pretty much useless to the plot. You have no powers. You are vanilla and win with the town.

jim_notguilty
You are Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction. you must have quite a pair on you to stab a girl in the chest with a shot of adrenaline. You are a one-shot reviver. Once during the game you may target one dead player during the night to revive. You will take their place in the graveyard upon success. You win with the town.

CAPLlock
You are Aldo Raine from Inglourious Basterds. You like doing one thing and one thing only: killing Nazis. But before you can do that you must assemble a crew. You are the mason and may target one player every Np to recruit. Beware of mafiosos though! You win with the town.

Viper-King
You are Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs. As a pure psychopath you're only interest is in killing and surviving. You are the serial killer. Every Np you may target one player to kill. You win if you survive until the end of the game.

Spritle
You are Mr. Orange from Reservoir Dogs. Played by the always great Tim Roth, you are a cop in charge of sniffing out some bad people. Every Np you may target one player to see if they are guilty or not. You are the cop and win with the town.

Royalpaladin
You are Quentin Tarantino himself. As the maker of all of these glorious movies, you are more inclined to know what the hell is going on. Every Np you may watch a player to see who they visited. You are the watcher and win with the town.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
You are Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction. You've got some sweet skills besides being able to get places early. You can use these skills to help your friends out. You are the doctor and every Np you can protect someone from dying. You win with the town.

Wjmelements
You are Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds. As a searcher of Jews for the SD, you are a master at gathering intelligence. Every Np you may target one player to learn their role. You win with the mafia.

DetectableNinja
You are Beatrix Kiddo a.k.a. The Bride. My are you angry. Pissed off over the attempted ending of your life, you're out for revenge. Every Np you may target one player to kill. You win with the town.

Drafterman
You are Hattori Hanzo from Kill Bill. As a master craftsman of swords, you possess a special ability to make things. Every Np you may build one item. These are a sword, a pair of binoculars, and a bulletproof vest. You win with the town.

Medic0506
You are Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction. Some guy emptied an entire clip shooting at you from across a room and you came out of it untouched. You are bulletproof. You win with the town.

Andromeda_Z
You are Hugo Stiglitz from Inlourious Basterds. You're a crazy motherfvcker. You are the PGO. Anyone who attempts to target you during the night will die in your place. You win with the town

Caveat (Royalpaladin3)
You re Cottonmouth from Kill Bill. As a skilled and deadly assassin, you are a master of stealth. Any action you perform on another player cannot be detected by a watcher or tracker. You are the Ninja and win with the mafia.

Player of the game is F-19492954928484582948291059573658593858394_Fighting_Falcon.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:12:34 PM
I'll just continue my conversation with drafterman here since this is the endgame thread. I'll post my analysis in a bit about the game balance and stuff if Spinko wants to hear it.

At 1/1/2012 11:10:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:06:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:03:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:02:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
TOLD you I wasn't mafia, Drafterman.

LOL.

You said that in the Illuminati game too.

Yeah, but the difference was that I had no case in the Illuminati game. Here I piled on pages and pages of evidence against LDF and Royal3, I was so shell-shocked when you turned around and VTL'd me that I almost gave up on the game. Good job at the end though.

Part of reading people is seeing their reactions to votes.

You mean you wanted to see if anyone bandwagoned on your vote against me?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:13:30 PM
At 1/1/2012 11:12:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I'll just continue my conversation with drafterman here since this is the endgame thread. I'll post my analysis in a bit about the game balance and stuff if Spinko wants to hear it.

At 1/1/2012 11:10:22 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:06:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:03:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:02:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
TOLD you I wasn't mafia, Drafterman.

LOL.

You said that in the Illuminati game too.

Yeah, but the difference was that I had no case in the Illuminati game. Here I piled on pages and pages of evidence against LDF and Royal3, I was so shell-shocked when you turned around and VTL'd me that I almost gave up on the game. Good job at the end though.

Part of reading people is seeing their reactions to votes.

You mean you wanted to see if anyone bandwagoned on your vote against me?

That and to see how you, personally reacted.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:14:52 PM
At 1/1/2012 11:13:30 PM, drafterman wrote:

That is quite interesting. I think behavioral analysis definitely is important. How did you expect me to react if town and if mafia?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:16:06 PM
At 1/1/2012 11:14:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
Spinko needs to tell us what the f happened np1.

I'll post all that in a minute.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:16:28 PM
At 1/1/2012 11:14:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
Spinko needs to tell us what the f happened np1.

WJM role-copped Andro and got killed. Mafia killed Ninja. VK killed me. I'll also add that I think Lickdafoot deduced that Ninja was the bride based on the Kill Bill category claim. This is why category claiming is such a horrible idea. Ninja's killing wasn't random. Mafia knew they were killing the vig.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:20:07 PM
At 1/1/2012 11:14:52 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/1/2012 11:13:30 PM, drafterman wrote:

That is quite interesting. I think behavioral analysis definitely is important. How did you expect me to react if town and if mafia?

I didn't have any expectations. More of an instinctual read. Plus I was just really uncomfortable lynching caveat for being inactive e due to his post.

Royal deserves an award. 3 deaths. Definitely a Quentin tarantino movie.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:34:28 PM
Okay, here is my analysis.

Mafia had strong roles, no question about it. A Ninja, role cop, roleblocker and godfather was a decent setup. Town on the other hand had a cop, doc, vig, PGO, bulletproof, JOAT, reviver, watcher, messenger, and Mason. Also, there was a serial killer and survivor. I think the problem was that mafia would have found it a bit difficult to fake-claim. PR had to claim movie-cop and LDF had to claim bomb (which ALWAYS backfires as far as I know because townies are willing to call their bluff). Royal3 would have claimed last but really, in her position, there weren't any decent claims left as all the standard roles were taken. I would say town was favored but only very slightly, not much. The discrepancy with the tracker/watcher role and having not one but TWO vanillas did balance it out well enough to cause a couple of mislynches and a mis-kill.

On the town side, Medic won the game for us (with support from me, Drafterman and Andro of course). Mafia were on the verge of winning an awesome victory when there were three out of five votes on Andro and had Medic said "gotta go with the results" and voted Andro, mafia would have had a victory but instead he slept on it, and turned it on PR instead. Drafterman was solid as usual and made the right decisions. Andro, this was a welcome change from the Illuminati game, defending yourself instead of giving up.

On the mafia side, I thought although they had quite powerful roles, they were weakened by the fact that there were two inactives. WJM hitting the PGO hurt them quite a bit as there were only 3 mafia against an insane number of townies. Mafia deserved to win and had Caveat been active, LDF and Caveat could have hammered Andro in DP4 to take the win. It came down to LDF and PR to keep the momentum going but the fake-claims unfortunately backfired which combined with process of elimination made it obvious who the mafia were. I'll have to say that LDF and PR both played really well, causing two mislynches including lynching the watcher on NP1 (which I really wish I took a stand on rather than sitting idle and allowing it to happen).

@ LDF, yes you are an AWESOME townie. You know you would never have let those mislynches happen if you were town :)

@ Spinko, I thought the role descriptions were extremely well-thought out and the tie-ins to the theme were very close: the bride being the vig, Andro's character being a PGO etc. Keep up the good work.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2012 11:38:18 PM
Np1 actions

F-17- protected Spritle
Viper- killed DNinja
Spritle investigated drafterman
Mestari sent to Tv: "Post your role somewhere vaguely in the first post your make, only obvious to somebody who knows its hidden in there. Also give me a hint at who you think is suspicious. You can't respond to this message so I have to be able to decipher it myself."
Drafterman- watched Spritle
Caveat- ninja killed F-495
Partam- roleblocked Tv
WJmelements- copped Andro

Np2 actions

Spritle- investigated Medic
CAPLlock- recruited Tvellalott
Mestari- sent to Medic: "Hey, it's Don Vito. I'm trying to get together a list of town roles to prevent mafia fake claims. If your character has a role used in the 2nd run of the beginner mafia game where I ran the town in circles, post the character name that had that role. If not, drop a vague hint. I'll be looking for it. Also, I'm going to try to develop a secret language to make my role as close to a mason as possible. If you refer to a person as big/large/bulk in any way, you think they are a mafioso. If you think they are town, then refer to them as small/tiny/weak. Hopefully we can determine who the mafia and exchange opinions without alerting them."
Caveat- ninja killed Spritle
Roleblock- Partam roleblocked Tv

Np3 actions

CAPLlock- recruited Lickdafoot
Drafterman- killed Royalpaladin2
Caveat and Partam- ninja roleblocked Tyler
Lickdafoot- killed Jm_notguilty

Np4 actions

F-178 (Mestari) sent to LDF: "If you are mafia, we are kicking you in the butt right now."
Drafterman- protected himself
Caveat- ninja killed Tyler

Np5 actions

Caveat (Royalpaladin3)- ninja killed F-29493
:
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 9:15:28 AM
Sweeeet...gg everyone.

Sorry I was so reluctant to reveal my role but I wasn't totally convinced that Andro was town so I wanted to save it and try to draw fire if Royal3 ended up being a mislynch.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 9:36:01 AM
At 1/2/2012 9:15:28 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Sweeeet...gg everyone.

Sorry I was so reluctant to reveal my role but I wasn't totally convinced that Andro was town so I wanted to save it and try to draw fire if Royal3 ended up being a mislynch.

You trust Andro very little, don't you?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 10:06:48 AM
At 1/2/2012 9:16:40 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
So, did I win or did I lose?

lol, I guess I should count this as a 2/3 victory.

This is why I stopped keeping track of wins/losses
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 10:12:48 AM
At 1/2/2012 9:36:01 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 1/2/2012 9:15:28 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Sweeeet...gg everyone.

You trust Andro very little, don't you?

It's not that, it's just that I have a hard time reading her so I don't trust my reads, or my gut hunches.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2012 10:24:31 AM
Good job with the analysis of my down VP, guys!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus