Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:35:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
TOWN WIN!!!

Role summary:

Town:

F-16 - JOAT - Doc, Cop, Watch, Track (janitor'd NP1)
Lordknuckle - Role cop
Xerge - Tracker
Chthonian - Cop
Wierdman - Bulletproof, one-shot day vig
USM - Doctor
Jordan - Death miller
Tyler - Vanilla
Caps - Vanilla

Third Party:

JM - Even night serial killer

Mafia:
Royal - Standard GF
Caveat - Roleblocker
Kage - Stalker
Spinko - Janitor

Jordan was a death miller, who shows guilty on investigation and even on death. This gave town the illusion that they were winning halfway through when in reality they had just mislynched. Though town won anyway.

Roles:

Spinko -

You are Jack Nicholson, the mafia janitor. You're a great actor, but the characters you play tend to be extremely self-centered or flat out a-holes, making you guilty. Your biggest movie was easily One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, winning all 5 academy awards. You played a convincted rapist sentenced to time in a mental institution. When the mafia chooses a player to night kill, you have a one-shot ability to have that player's character, role, and affiliation not be revealed to the town at the start of the next DP. You win with the mafia.

Royal -

You are Tom Cruise, the mafia Godfather. You're arguably the most famous actor in the world, winning your fair share of Golden Globes and starring in several prominent films. Unfortunently, your ardent support for the Church of Scientology, and mishap on the Oprah Winfrey Show, has led some to doubt you as a truly good, or sane person. In your movie Collateral, you play a cold-blodded hitman who forces a taxi driver to drive him around town to his targets. You have final say over who the mafia kills each night. And due to being the most famous actor in the world, you'll also show innocent to investigation. You win with the mafia.

Kage -

You are Kevin Spacey, the mafia stalker. You've played some pretty sick villains in your career such as in Horrible Bosses. But your biggest act was as John Doe in Se7en, where you played a serial killer who uses his victims to re-encact the seven deadly sins. Each night you pick one player and learn what role they have. You win with the mafia.

Blackhawk -

You are Anthony Hopkins, the mafia roleblocker. Your acting career is marked by several astounding performances as sadistic serial killers and psychopaths. Your biggest act was Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, where you played a serial killer who would feast upon the flesh of his victim's dead body. You are the roleblocker, and each night pick one player to neutralize their role for that night. You win with the mafia.

JM -

You are Heath Ledger. You're dead, but your legacy lives on in your two incredibly famous films. In the Dark Knight, you played the famous villain of the Joker, a sadistic serial killer whose goal is to take over Gotham City for himself. Thus, you win with neither the town nor mafia, and are a third party serial killer. Your win condition is to have yourself and one townie be the only people left alive in the game. Every even night phase, you kill one player. You win with yourself.

Lordknuckle -

You are Leonardo DiCaprio. You're known for playing in psychological thrillers, such as The Departed and Shutter Island. Your most famous film though is Inception, where you lead an organization which infiltrates people's dreams, where you learn the secrets of the dreamer and sell them for profit. Each night you pick one player, and you infiltrate their mind to learn what role they have. You win with the town.

Wierdman -

You are Arnold Schwarzenegger. Known for your bada$$ voice and superstar films, you're name is known across the world. Your biggest movie was the Terminator, where you played a cybernetically enhanced robot sent to kill the person who would save mankind. Your multitude of cybernetic abilities makes you impossible to take down, thus you are bulletproof and cannot be killed during the night phase. You also have a one-shot ability to kill someone during the day phase. You win with the town.

Tyler -

You are Eddie Murphy. Your entire acting career has been up and down, as well as your personal life. But in recent times you've cleaned up your image and have won several Golden Globes. Unfortunently, no one can get over the disaster that was The Adventures of Pluto Nash. That movie haunts you to this very day, and due to the extremely poor critic reviews, you unfortunently have no powers. You win with the town.

USM -

You are Robin Williams, known across the country for being a bright, funny guy in all your movies...except One Hour Photo. Arguably, your biggest movie was Good Will Hunting, where you play a psychologist who helps a particular person overcome his troubled past. Thus, you are the doctor, and protect one person from kills each night. You cannot use your power on yourself. You win with the town.

Chthonian -

You are Brad Pitt. You're one of the most famous actors of this era who frequently makes top 10 lists in women magazines detailing the world's hottest men. You've been in a shitton of famous films, but arguably your best was Se7en, where you played an aspiring detective trying to track down a serial killer. This makes you the cop. Each night, you investigate one person. You win with the town.

Jordan -

You are Charlie Sheen. You've recently lost control of your life and have fallen out of scale with the general public. Nevertheless, your movies and famous TV show, Two and a Half Men, provide plenty of laughs for the audience and secured your position as a top actor. You're unfortunently have no powers, and win with the town.

Xerge -

You are Will Smith. One of the most famous actors on the planet, you've starred in several critically acclaimed films and are known around the world. Arguably, your most famous movie was Men in Black. You played an MiB agent, charged with tracking down evil aliens and preventing them from executing any evil plans. Thus, each night you track one person. You win with the town.

Caps -

You are Adam Sandler. You started your acting career on Saturday Night Live and eventually moved you way into film. You mostly play in comedies, such as "I now pronounce you Chuch and Larry". Your characters tend to just be average guys who stumble upon strange circumstances. Thus you are a vanilla and have no powers for this game. You win with the town.

F-16 -

You are Morgan Freeman. You're an extremely experienced actor who's played a wide variety of roles. In Bruce Almighty, you played as the creater of mankind himself. Yes, for this game, you are GOD. Thus, you have 4 different roles to use. Each night, pick one of the following powers:

1. Track one person
2. Watch one person
3. Doctor one person (other than yourself)
4. Investigate one person. Note that you're God. You'll bypass even the mafia Godfather.

You only get each power once. You win with the town.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:36:35 PM
Mod notes:

This was a pretty intense game that came down to the wire. Spinko killed and janitor'd F-16 (God) on NP1, taking out the JOAT instantly. With his experience level and fake claim, it looked like Spinko would breeze through the game as a confirmed townie and lead the mafia to victory. But then JM (a.k.a. The Mafia Exterminator) decided to kill him NP2. I thought this was an irrational decision, Spinko was assuredly going to be doc'd by USM. Except...the mafia killed USM that night, which left Spinko open for death.

Jordan was meant to look guilty in every sense of the word. Not only would he appear guilty on investigation and death, but he was also given the worst character claim you could possibly ask for, Charlie Sheen. Whats worse is that I put a twist on the miller role; I didnt tell him he was a miller. For all intents and purposes, he thought he was a vanilla townie.

The death miller actually screwed with town more than I expected. Not only did it lead to a mislynch, but town was under the impression that they were winning for most of the game, when in reality, they were a mislynch away from losing. The mafia also used Jordan to pressure anyone who didnt VTL him.

I didn't think the capllock lynch was very smart. Basically, the only thing you guys had on him was "2 vanillas is unlikely". Caps also full claimed early in DP1, before anyone else, which would be really risky for mafia. The correct procedure here would have been to investigate him before lynching. Town was also really lucky that Knuckle went back on his plan of lynching USM2 if Caps was innocent, because that would have lost them the game.

The lynch on Lordknuckle waa pretty interesting. Chthonian investigated Knuckle on NP2, and found him innocent. But he never said anything, and was actually one of the voters against him. More strange was that when Knuckle outed him as cop, he never said any of his results. Proper procedure would have been for Chthonian to tell everyone who he investigated as soon as he wa outed, in case the mafia killed him that night. In any case, I have no idea why he didnt say anything.

But the best moment of the game wasn't Spinko kiling the doc who would have saved his life, it was the night phase after LK died. There were 7 players left after Knuckle's lynch and 3 mafia, so all they had to do was night kill a townie and they would win. Except...they killed JM, which was a bulletproof vig. Night kill failed, and the mafia were pretty much outed for going after LK so strongly.

But the mafia also had another opportunity on DP5. USM inexplicably voted for himself early in the DP. Royal decised the plan to have all 3 mafia VTL him simultaneously before USM could unvote, leadng to a mislynch and a mafia win. It seemed like a good plan because everyone was online at the time. The only problem was that Blackhawk never showed up to hammer. He was too busy working on a history paper, and didnt see the PM telling him to hurry up and hammer. By the time BH got online, town convinced USM to unvote himself, which stole a win right from the mafia's fingertips. We all know what happened from there.

Awards:

MVP - Xerge

Xerge flew under the radar for much of the game, but played the best out of everyone. He didnt join in the mislynch of any of the townies, including Jordan. All his VTL's were against mafia. He also did a good job catching Kage contradicting himself. Kage claimed to have LD'd USM and found him innocent, but Xerge, who tracked him and saw him "visiting" USM, knew that an LD doesnt constitute a visit. He also was the voice of reason in a lynch-happy group, as he was the only one who actually wanted to analyze the situation before lynchng someone, as opposed to others who just wanted to kill somebody. He was also the only one to realize that town shouldnt confirm Spinko based off his character claim because of the janitor. He also tracked Blackhawk NP5, which would have nailed a mafia had be not been RB'd.

Mod mistakes:

This was my first game modding, and it was going pretty smooth until a small slip up. The mafia were originally going to kill JM on NP3, but they changed it to Knuckle at the last second. However, I had already written up the dead role PM's for the kill on JM, and thats what I posted. But I also sent Knuckle Wierdman's role pm as a replacement, forgetting that Knuckle didnt actually die. The only impact this had on the game was that I had to count the NP3 night kill as on JM, since his PM was already posted, and Knuckle knew the rest of the game what role Wierdman/JM2 had, which was insignificant because JM could confirm himself at any time by day killing someone.

But other than that, this was a really intense game that the mafia almost won, twice, but just got unlucky on a couple things. Town definently could have played better, but in the end they still got the W. I'll post more analysis, and things you guys did right and wrong in a few minutes.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:38:32 PM
JM also deserves special consideration for single handedly taking out 3 mafia. He serial killed Spinko, vig killed Royal, and hammered Masterkage. His nickname is now JM the Exterminator.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2012 11:46:15 PM
Good game guys. Solid.

Good job Xerge, can't believe I suspected you earlier on.

JM, without you mafia would have won with SPinko. Nice move.

Cthonian, kinda dissapointed that you didnt protect me, but whatever.

Royal, good job on getting me lynched. I made a few mistakes early on which were highy mafia like. I need to work on m defences
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:14:27 AM
I definitely learned many things that allowed me to grow more in experience. This also allowed me to learn from the mistakes I have made.

This was a hard fought game.

Good job town. With the investigative reports from Chthonian and Lordknukle, JM the Exterminator's expertise in killing, and the combined effort of all of us at crucial points, we managed to pull through.

Good job to the mafia too. Their strategy was clever and almost had us beat.

Thank you Blackvoid for an excellent themed game. It was very intense and I learned a lot from it.

I am strangely exhausted, so I think I'll take a break. LOL!
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:25:30 AM
More notes:

I was surprised town never tried to make any connections based off the actors themselves. Every townie's role was based off what their character does in their best movie. Had F-16 remained in the game, I'm sure he would have been asking people to explain what movie they're from and how it relates to their role. Town should have done this, but its an understandable mistake given that this was everyone's first themed game. Most mods make roles closely related to what their character does in the theme.

Going off that, town should have instantly lynched Masterkage and JM once they claimed their actors, especially JM. Spacey is known for playing sick villains, and Heath Ledger is known for the Joker. I dont know why either person claimed truthfully. In the future, be sure to not claim your real character if you're guilty, because it'll probably be a tell. The people in the regular games would have pushed for your lynches immediately.

Unstupendousman was a popular guy early in the game. He had three investigators on him NP1 (Chthonian, Xerge, Knuckle) as well as the mafia roleblocker. I guess he really did mess town up in the 4.2 game, so everyone went after him early.

Another thing you guys need to look for in future games is who's been roleblocked. There's almost always a roleblocker, and most of the there's only 1. So if someone claims to have been roleblocked, and nobody else counter-claims to have been RB'd, you can semi-confirm them. Lordknuckle claimed to have been RB'd in DP3, and nobody contested it, but town went ahead and lynched him anyway in DP4.

As for the mafia, there's obviously some things you could have done differently. Royal, you were trying a bit too hard in this game. Any time a fellow mafioso was pressured or attacked, you instantly came to defend them. This happened several times, and you were also really quick to go after townies. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and VTL a fellow mafia to look innocent, otherwise town will notice something's up. However, Royal did play fairly well late-game once she got active. She devised the plans that should have won mafia the game on NP4 or DP5, but just got unlucky with the bulletproofs and Blackhawk not showing up to hammer USM.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:40:17 AM
Point of note: I think it's ambiguous as to whether or not an LD visits. At the very least he could have claim the LD visits its target since he claimed to have LDed his target.
Chthonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 7:26:50 AM
At 1/4/2012 11:46:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Good game guys. Solid.

Good job Xerge, can't believe I suspected you earlier on.

JM, without you mafia would have won with SPinko. Nice move.

Cthonian, kinda dissapointed that you didnt protect me, but whatever.

Lord, mea culpa, I totally misread your strategy. When you came out early saying you were the role cop, I assumed you were mafia because: 1) I didn't think a role cop and an investigative cop could be playing in the same game for town; and 2) I thought it was a mafia strategy to get the cop to claim so they could kill him during the NP .

I investigated you because of your seemingly aggressive strategy and when I got an innocent read, I just assumed you must be the godfather--huge mistake.

When the mafia let you live and Royal did an amazing job implicating you, it wrongly confirmed my suspicions. That is why i went along with the lynch.

In hindsight, I should have spoken up and let others decide. I am still inexperienced at this game and I guess we learn from our mistakes.

Royal, good job on getting me lynched. I made a few mistakes early on which were highy mafia like. I need to work on m defences
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:31:19 AM
I will never forgive you Blackhawk..... never!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jm_notguilty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:43:13 AM
Love the new nickname.

Yah, I gambled my way on killing Spinko that night, hoping no doc protects him, fortunately, it was a success.

The 'Announcement-PM' screw-ups made me lol. But I don't think it was a problem.. .or was it?

I was gonna fake-claim PGO as Ledger since I realized I made a mistake, I also couldn't find a decent role connecting Ledger's role on Brokeback Mountain. It was a relief USM didn't continue the pressure on me.

Anyhoo, gg, gg.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:50:37 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:31:19 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I will never forgive you Blackhawk..... never!

This.

JM deserves an award for singlehandedly spoiling the mafia victory multiple times.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:33:46 PM
At 1/5/2012 8:32:25 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Now I know that I am a much better mafia than I am a townie. : /

lol, next time I see you playing well, I will be sure to have you lynched.