4. Chthonian
5. Jordan56
6. esisCOA
7. 16kadams
8.Viper-King
9. Lordknukle
10. Vmpire321

== Rules ==

1. No copy/pasting or screenprinting from your role PM's. Proving you are a townie in this way is cheating and will result in you being removed from the game.

2. No private messaging people about this game. This is also cheating. If I didn't start the PM for you, then you can't talk to that person except in the forums.

3. No talking after the day phase ends.

4. Vote in bold

== Format ==

As promised, there are no roles this game. Guess who the mafia are based on *behavior.* Is someone overeager for a lynch? Too aggressive? Lurking? Buddying up with someone else? Watch out for these behaviors.

The day phase is the one that occurs in the forums. It ends when you either lynch someone or vote "no lynch," which is to end the phase with no one being lynched. Once someone is lynched, I will tell you whether they were mafia or town. To win, town must kill off all the mafia and mafia must kill off all the town by becoming the voting majority.

After the day phase is a night phase where the mafia get to kill someone. The mafia will be communicating with each other in a PM the entire game. You may or may not be able to use this knowledge to your advantage.

Example of a vote: VTL john ("vote to lynch" john) *in bold

The day phases will be fast: they last only 48 hours each. At the end of 48 hours, whoever has the most votes on them is lynched.

This day phase, it takes 6 votes to immediately lynch someone.

BEGIN!
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:01:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Should we start randomly lynching people to see what happens? From what I can tell, that's what supposed to happen in the first DP
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:03:31 PM
I'm with the town.

heck why not

VTL Vmpire
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:05:54 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:03:31 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I'm with the town.

heck why not

VTL Vmpire

Theres no roles so there isn't much reason to say IWWTT
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:06:21 PM
I didn't expect this...

But i suppose the whole "lets start lynching people" wasn't good for my image. :(

Forgive me, but this is my first time playing Mafia. I thought that was the norm, is it not?
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:11:57 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:09:32 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
Do we know how many mafia there is?

There's ten players, so I think theres four mafia.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:12:05 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:06:21 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
I didn't expect this...

But i suppose the whole "lets start lynching people" wasn't good for my image. :(

Forgive me, but this is my first time playing Mafia. I thought that was the norm, is it not?

Usually, we try to get information first but that is obsolete in this type of game. I have a theory right now as to who is mafia or not. As it figures, I would see Bluesteel putting one moderately experienced player on the mafia side and one on the town side. So far, the only moderately experienced players here are Royal and I. I am willing to bet my own life on the fact that Royal is mafia. Let's lynch her and if she turns up innocent, town is free to lynch me.

VTL Royal
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:12:45 PM
unvote

in my small experience with mafia I think people who vtl first are mafia and just wan't others to follow around. So they can slowly pick us out.

VTL esisCOA
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:13:08 PM
I didn't expect this...

I don't like the fact that your looking for sympathy. this is a common trait of guilty people.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:14:42 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:12:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I didn't expect this...

Usually, we try to get information first but that is obsolete in this type of game. I have a theory right now as to who is mafia or not. As it figures, I would see Bluesteel putting one moderately experienced player on the mafia side and one on the town side. So far, the only moderately experienced players here are Royal and I. I am willing to bet my own life on the fact that Royal is mafia. Let's lynch her and if she turns up innocent, town is free to lynch me.

VTL Royal

huh. Have you done many games with Bluesteel yet? o.0?

And what do you mean by "moderately experienced" I thought that there were only a few actual beginners, from the initial sign ups.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:14:59 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:12:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
unvote

in my small experience with mafia I think people who vtl first are mafia and just wan't others to follow around. So they can slowly pick us out.

VTL esisCOA

Not true. In a beginner game like this, that theory is plausible at best and disastrous at worst.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:15:48 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:13:08 PM, esisCOA wrote:
I didn't expect this...

I don't like the fact that your looking for sympathy. this is a common trait of guilty people.

lol. and this is your first mafia game too? You make it sound like you have experience :/! FOS is on you.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:16:54 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:14:42 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
I didn't expect this...

VTL Royal

And what do you mean by "moderately experienced" I thought that there were only a few actual beginners, from the initial sign ups.

What I'm saying is that both Royal and I have the most experience playing mafia here. Logic figures that one would be mafia. I'm willing to stake my life on that premise. It's not the best theory, but it's all we got right now.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:17:04 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:14:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
unvote

VTL esisCOA

Not true. In a beginner game like this, that theory is plausible at best and disastrous at worst.

Really? Cause imo, mafia, regardless of experiance, will almost always try to start confusion among the townies.

Why wouldn't they be the first to start lynching... and out of the blue too.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:18:00 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:17:04 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
unvote

VTL esisCOA

Really? Cause imo, mafia, regardless of experiance, will almost always try to start confusion among the townies.

Mafia generally don't try to attract attention to themselves. Instead of causing confusion, they blend in. The confusion is caused by the real townies.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:18:31 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:16:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I didn't expect this...

VTL Royal

What I'm saying is that both Royal and I have the most experience playing mafia here. Logic figures that one would be mafia. I'm willing to stake my life on that premise. It's not the best theory, but it's all we got right now.

using your logic, couldn't you be mafia too? We have absolutely no confirmation from either of you too, and from what i can tell, Royal is inactive right now.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:19:22 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:18:31 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
I didn't expect this...

VTL Royal

using your logic, couldn't you be mafia too? We have absolutely no confirmation from either of you too, and from what i can tell, Royal is inactive right now.

Yes, I could. That is why I'm putting up my own life. If she dies innocent (unlikely), then town is free to lynch me (obvious mafia). It's a win-win situation for town.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:19:28 PM
The mod has appointed Lordknukle in charge of updating the vote count :)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:19:51 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:18:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/5/2012 10:17:04 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
unvote

VTL esisCOA

Mafia generally don't try to attract attention to themselves. Instead of causing confusion, they blend in. The confusion is caused by the real townies.

that is normal, experienced mafia players understand the importance of 'blending in'. This is the first game for esisCOA. How would he know how to act as mafia? His actions seem suspicious to me.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:19:53 PM
Someone double check him too.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:21:46 PM
vote esis COA if he is no mafia then lynch me. that is how certain I am.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:21:58 PM
Gee.... thanks Bluesteel :)

Vmipre- 1/7 (esis)
Esis- 2/7 (16k, Vmpire)
Royal- 1/7 (Lordknukle)
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:22:06 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:19:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I didn't expect this...

VTL Royal

Yes, I could. That is why I'm putting up my own life. If she dies innocent (unlikely), then town is free to lynch me (obvious mafia). It's a win-win situation for town.

Not really.

1 innocent kill + Night Kill = 2 deaths by next DP.

It's estimated that there are 4 mafia players and 6 townies.

Mislynching would make it 4 vs 4.

This seems sketchy at the best
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:22:44 PM
Guys let's just try out my theory. I've went on the "killing people who lynch first" idea in previous beginner games and let me tell you that it has been a complete failure.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:23:01 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:21:46 PM, 16kadams wrote:
vote esis COA if he is no mafia then lynch me. that is how certain I am.

Hmm. I agree, but I'm not as certain as kadams.

But seeing his confidence, i suppose, helps uplift mine :D
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:23:46 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:22:06 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/5/2012 10:19:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I didn't expect this...

VTL Royal

Not really.

1 innocent kill + Night Kill = 2 deaths by next DP.

It's estimated that there are 4 mafia players and 6 townies.

Mislynching would make it 4 vs 4.

This seems sketchy at the best

In a game of 10, there can't be 4 mafia.