Jump to topic:

The Newer Better Story Game.

esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 10:55:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok this is going to be played differently so it works better and is more fun.

There will be 10 players. Once 10 people want to play the game starts with player number one and goes in order by player numbers.

Each post should be no less then 3 sentences long, no more then 5 sentences long and should make sense.so that it continues the story.

ONLY POST each post. DO NOT USE THE QUOTE AND REPLY as it will get overloaded as the story goes.

anyother rules can be discussed and initiated up untill we get 10 players, at which point the game begins.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 10:59:19 PM
At 1/6/2012 10:58:42 PM, esisCOA wrote:
2.esisCOA
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 11:04:15 PM
At 1/6/2012 10:59:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/6/2012 10:58:42 PM, esisCOA wrote:
2.esisCOA
4.marcuscato

u might want to change the rule(only10people) since its an open forum
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 11:09:30 PM
1.blackhawk1331
2.esisCOA
4.marcuscato

I shall attempt the mighty task of starting this story. I warn you, it'll start with dragons.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2012 11:14:15 PM
At 1/6/2012 11:09:30 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
1.blackhawk1331
2.esisCOA
4.marcuscato

I shall attempt the mighty task of starting this story. I warn you, it'll start with dragons.

lol
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 12:29:17 AM
1.blackhawk1331
2.esisCOA
4.marcuscato
5. Marauder

dragons go good with anything, aliens, dinosaurs, wizards, fairies, knights, chinse stuff, celtic stuff, superheroes, pokemon, yugioh, bigfoot hunters, scully and mulder, power rangers....oh and the Saw films.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 12:45:57 AM
what happens time wise with the 10 players being online?

like when marcus post his sentence, will you send a reminder PM to me to add to the story or will just wait for me to get online? how long do we wait before we declare the story teller dead and inactive? when do we declare the story over (after 13 chapters are written, that's Daniel Handlers method). does the mafia win if the story turns out negative and the town if it has a happy ending.......

could we be given 'roles' with the win condition of 'this story must have one funny character made by someone else move out of there house to win' or 'the suiter must die in somebody elses addition to the story for you to win....

and then when somebodies win condition is made the game is over.....

I play too much mafia...
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 12:47:20 AM
At 1/7/2012 12:29:17 AM, Marauder wrote:
1.blackhawk1331
2.esisCOA
4.marcuscato
5. Marauder
6.OberHerr

dragons go good with anything, aliens, dinosaurs, wizards, fairies, knights, chinse stuff, celtic stuff, superheroes, pokemon, yugioh, bigfoot hunters, scully and mulder, power rangers....oh and the Saw films.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 1:17:12 AM
At 1/7/2012 12:45:57 AM, Marauder wrote:

like when marcus post his sentence, will you send a reminder PM to me to add to the story or will just wait for me to get online? how long do we wait before we declare the story teller dead and inactive? when do we declare the story over (after 13 chapters are written, that's Daniel Handlers method). does the mafia win if the story turns out negative and the town if it has a happy ending.......

could we be given 'roles' with the win condition of 'this story must have one funny character made by someone else move out of there house to win' or 'the suiter must die in somebody elses addition to the story for you to win....

I play too much mafia...

it would be by time frame, after 6 hours you get skipped, get skipped 2 times get replaced. and I still havent decided how to end it 13 chapters works for me.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:12:00 AM
At 1/7/2012 1:17:12 AM, esisCOA wrote:
At 1/7/2012 12:45:57 AM, Marauder wrote:

I play too much mafia...

it would be by time frame, after 6 hours you get skipped, get skipped 2 times get replaced. and I still havent decided how to end it 13 chapters works for me.

awsome 13 whole chapters... this could take months...

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:17:26 AM
What if whoever is replacing me just becomes like 'Co-story' adder with me instead.

like if I'm spot number 5 and have been skiped twice and someone steps in to take my spot we actually just continue to share the spot? so every 6 hours gap one of the 2 of us have to post something does not matter wich, but only one of us can during that gap then it moves on to the next person like normal.

this way in case that 6 hour gap has a bad habit of occuring during the 7 hour period I work a lot I'm not thrown all the way out of participating for a little inactiveness. sometimes I could post for my replacement, sometimes he could post for me.

A Scout is Obedient.
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:23:07 AM
At 1/7/2012 2:17:26 AM, Marauder wrote:
What if whoever is replacing me just becomes like 'Co-story' adder with me instead.

like if I'm spot number 5 and have been skiped twice and someone steps in to take my spot we actually just continue to share the spot? so every 6 hours gap one of the 2 of us have to post something does not matter wich, but only one of us can during that gap then it moves on to the next person like normal.

this way in case that 6 hour gap has a bad habit of occuring during the 7 hour period I work a lot I'm not thrown all the way out of participating for a little inactiveness. sometimes I could post for my replacement, sometimes he could post for me.

how bout this everyone must post once a day. and your right 13 chapters is way too much so well make it 6.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 2:55:47 PM
Should we just start? The four remaining spots can be filled as people join. Or I could go into another spot too.

esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 3:50:15 PM
At 1/7/2012 2:55:47 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Should we just start? The four remaining spots can be filled as people join. Or I could go into another spot too.

or we can reduce it to 6 people so 1 person per chapter?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 4:15:11 PM
At 1/7/2012 3:50:15 PM, esisCOA wrote:

Wait, do we each write one chapter or we alternate and break things into chapters. Also, I don't think we should have a set stopping point. Just run until it seems that the story has run its course.

esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 4:31:50 PM
At 1/7/2012 4:15:11 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 1/7/2012 3:50:15 PM, esisCOA wrote:

Wait, do we each write one chapter or we alternate and break things into chapters. Also, I don't think we should have a set stopping point. Just run until it seems that the story has run its course.

ok screw it well start with what we have now. go ahead and start writing, remember now less then 3 no more then 5 sentences and then next persons tturn.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 5:01:54 PM
Even though I'm not in the game, I'll take the privilege of starting it.

Dragons squirt gametes
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 5:02:53 PM
Dragons squirt gametes
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:41:16 AM
At 1/7/2012 5:02:53 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Dragons squirt gametes

she said no less than 3 SENTANCES

A Scout is Obedient.
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:49:56 AM
At 1/7/2012 5:01:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Even though I'm not in the game, I'll take the privilege of starting it.

Dragons squirt gametes

would you like to be added into the game?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:52:32 AM
I'd like to suggest one more thing.... lets not just arbitrarily kill each others characters off we add to the story....positive waves people, need positive waves.

A Scout is Obedient.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 2:28:51 AM
At 1/8/2012 1:52:32 AM, Marauder wrote:
I'd like to suggest one more thing.... lets not just arbitrarily kill each others characters off we add to the story....positive waves people, need positive waves.

Yeah, I hate books were you meet someone, start to like them perhaps, and then "Bam!" they take an arrow to the knee, so to speak. :)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 2:37:31 PM
It was a time of peace and prosperity. All the races got along. A few elves and humans kept the peace by being elected to the ranks of the Dragon Riders. One day, though, an arrogant young Rider decided to try and take power for himself.

esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 5:36:02 PM
It was a time of peace and prosperity. All the races got along. A few elves and humans kept the peace by being elected to the ranks of the Dragon Riders. One day, though, an arrogant young Rider decided to try and take power for himself. This day marked the beginning of the most treacherous, brutal and unforgiving war ever fought on the world known as Sangdium.

The young Rider, John Blackwell, was arrogant, but he was very smart and extremely wise for his age. The Council of Dragon Riders had set up a checks and balances system so that nobody could just take absolute power. However on the 86th day in the month of Cellia, Lord Blackwell managed to do just that. How he did it is still largely unknown, but even less known, is how they were going to stop him.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 9:17:10 PM
It was a time of peace and prosperity. All the races got along. A few elves and humans kept the peace by being elected to the ranks of the Dragon Riders. One day, though, an arrogant young Rider decided to try and take power for himself. This day marked the beginning of the most treacherous, brutal and unforgiving war ever fought on the world known as Sangdium.

The young Rider, John Blackwell, was arrogant, but he was very smart and extremely wise for his age. The Council of Dragon Riders had set up a checks and balances system so that nobody could just take absolute power. However on the 86th day in the month of Cellia, Lord Blackwell managed to do just that. How he did it is still largely unknown, but even less known, is how they were going to stop him.

Now mow would they stop him? They had an evil plan. Their plan would end the story of John, or so they though. John will still have to face his greatest threat yet...

P.S. I am a bad writer so don't expect much from me.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 9:17:39 PM
At 1/8/2012 9:17:10 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Now mow would they stop him? They had an evil plan. Their plan would end the story of John, or so they thought. John will still have to face his greatest threat yet...

P.S. I am a bad writer so don't expect much from me.

Fixed
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 11:24:28 PM

Now how would they stop him? They had an evil plan. Their plan would end the story of John, or so they thought. John will still have to face his greatest threat yet, The emperor of Xenos. John had not pushed to take absolute power out of pure arrogance but largely to have the power to face the coming threat.

Sanidrum was divided from an adjacent world called Xenos by a great Barrier that stood up for millennia keeping the realms isolated from each other. the elders controlling the council of dragons had long been refusing to accept the Great Barrier was collapsing, But John had explored the edges of the Barrier himself and knew it was coming down and why.

The emperor of Xenos had found a way to start tearing it down.

Considering this emperor was spoken of in Sanidrum prophecies as the bringer of great darkness, you can bet John was going to prepare his world to have the military might to face whatever comes from Xeno's when the Barrier finally comes down....something estimated to be just a year away

A Scout is Obedient.