Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 10:24:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mafia:
Joseph Smith:
You are the founder of Mormonism, a deviation from Christianity that adds a book to the bible. This additional book makes your followers think they can become God's, so you are the Godfather. You have final say in the mafia night kill, and when investigated you come up innocent since your church is good at changing there beliefs for good PR.
George Fox: You are the Founder of the Quakers, a deviation from Christianity that disregards the Bible as important in favor of what you think your ‘inner Jesus' tells you. In your church, because you don't believe in sacraments, in place of communion your followers like to sit in a circle and silently meditate. In this game you can have another player ‘silently meditate' in communion with you, blocking them from doing there role that night-phase. You are the Roleblocker.
Charles Taze Russell: You are the founder of the Jehovah Witnesses, a deviation from Christianity that accepts one translation of the bible and one translation only. Your followers are probably best known for there tradition of coming to peoples houses, door to door selling there faith, trying to leave behind a Watchtower magazine, originally published by you. Each night-phase you can visit another player and take up there time because in this game time is votes. You the Vote Stealer; take one players vote the next day-phase having it set to whoever you want. Vote steal from someone twice and you leave behind a Watchtower magazine.
Third Party:
Richard Dawkins:
you're a former Christian turned apostate; arguably Atheisms most vocal advocate. If Atheism had to have a figurehead, they would probably pick you. You're a Third Party Survivor, your goal being to last through the conflicts between the theists without getting killed. If you win you win first place before the winners between the town and mafia. But winning first place is not easy because if you're investigated, you're investigated guilty.
Town:
Francis Asbury:
You are the ‘father of American Methodism.' You are pretty awesome for a preacher considering how much preaching caused you to travel. It's said you basically lived on the saddle of a horse. It's estimated you averaged 6,000 miles per year, and over the course of your life traveled a quarter of a million miles. Since you've been on the go since your teenage years, waking up at 4:00 am just to have enough time to do everything you do, you are the Bulletproof because by the time anyone should come to kill you your already gone, on your way to preach somewhere else.
Saint Augustine: The theology of what a ‘just war' is and that there is a such thing as a time when a nation can go to war in a godly way came largely from you. Because the just war doctrine is associated with you I make you a 1-shot vigilante. Once during the game you target one player during the night phase to kill them.
John Darby: you are considered the father of Dispensationalism. You teachings have encouraged Christians to keep watch for the coming ‘Rapture'. So I make you a 2-shot watcher. Twice during the game you can target one person during a night phase and Watch who visits them.
Martin Luther: founder of Lutheranism, when the bible was printed in English so that all could read, you were the first to come to come to the Catholic church with some hard questions. You are a 3-shot cop. Three times during the game you can investigate one target during the night phase. You will get a result of ‘Guilty' or ‘not Guilty' based on who you target.
Dr John Thomas: You're the founder of the Christiandelphians. You'd probably fit right in here on DDO if you were around today, as you believed it important to prove your ‘correct' restored 1st century beliefs through process of debate challenges with other church denominations. Your also a doctor who was among the first to argue in favor of using corpses for medical studies, something that was illegal then. So you're a 2-shot Doctor in this game, twice during the game you can target one player during the night phase to protect them from being killed that night. Also you cannot be recruited into the masons, since, well……you and the recruiter have irreconcilable differences…..
Alexander Campbell: You're accredited with the Alexander-Stone/ the Restoration movement. A movement that stressed the need to see Christians as a ‘ecumenical' church that goes beyond denominational differences. You pushed for the denominations to be tolerant of each others views in the things that are unessential, only rejecting other churches if they deviate in essential teaching of the Christian faith. So naturally you are the Mason in this game. Target a player each night to recruit them into the Mason PM, there can be up to 4 townies in the PM at max. Should you try and recruit a player that does not win with the town you die.
George Whitfield: You're a iconic ‘Great Awakening' preacher, known for the Revivals you held across the nation. There are roles in this game that have limited ‘shots' as there gifted abilities, but you can revive any target to its maximum count of ‘shots' they had at the start of the game each night phase. If you target a role that does not have ‘shots' nothing happens
John Wesley: The founder of the Methodist Movement, the doctrine of ‘Christian Perfectionism' is accredited to you. You taught very ‘Methodic' practical ways for trying to live a holy life, to pursue greater ‘sanctifying grace' in this life. There are roles in this game that have limited ‘shots' as there gifted abilities, But you can teach them perfection, removing there limits and make them a normal role that does not run out of ‘shots'. If you target a role that does not have ‘shots' nothing happens.
John Calvin: You started what is now called Calvinism, a generally incorrect brand of theology. You are vanilla, you have no role
Charles Fox Parham: You're the founder of the Pentecostal church. Your church is known for its prominent rejection of the ‘cessationist' teaching that the miraculous gifts like prophecy, or speaking in tongs, or miraculous healings ended after the Council of Nicaea. In fact you believe speaking in tongs' in a necessary evidence of salvation. In this game that faith the continued existence of the gift of prophecy is rewarded as I the lord thy Mod give you the gift of a prophecy at the start of this game. There are 2 characters in the game that, when they choose the same target during a night phase, something different will happened to there target that's of greater effect than what either of there role's would do alone. Each night phase you can investigate ‘with the spirit of discernment' any combination of 2 players to see if there the 2 characters I am talking about. You have a hindrance in your ability to tell people the results of your searches though since all your post in the dayphase threads must be in ‘tongs' of some kind. Any language other than English will do. But you can cast your vote to lynch or not lynch in English though.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 10:35:29 PM
I have a few comments. Firstly, I am going to go out and say that we had it easy. Three mafia in a 14 player game tilted the scales in town's favor. It was balanced though by the fact that town had a 1 shot vig, 2 shot doc and watcher and 3 shot cop which was a fairly balanced setup. Had Drafterman not employed his gambit and given us two guilty results, mafia may have had a chance. Also, the mafia made a huge mistake not killing Drafterman ASAP. I have no idea why you left the cop alive long enough to investigate nearly everyone. But, overall, good game.

Marauder, I liked the twist with X-shot roles for the town with an option to make them normal roles. That was unique and interesting and I haven't seen it before.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 10:51:11 PM
At 1/7/2012 10:35:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I have a few comments. Firstly, I am going to go out and say that we had it easy. Three mafia in a 14 player game tilted the scales in town's favor. It was balanced though by the fact that town had a 1 shot vig, 2 shot doc and watcher and 3 shot cop which was a fairly balanced setup. Had Drafterman not employed his gambit and given us two guilty results, mafia may have had a chance. Also, the mafia made a huge mistake not killing Drafterman ASAP. I have no idea why you left the cop alive long enough to investigate nearly everyone. But, overall, good game.

Marauder, I liked the twist with X-shot roles for the town with an option to make them normal roles. That was unique and interesting and I haven't seen it before.

Well, I'm guessing they figured that A) my last shot was going to be wasted on a townie and B) had no idea that I'd become an unlimited double-shooting cop.

It's odd that they chose Andro and LK over me, though. LK claimed vanilla and Andro was a distraction.

I think the setup is, in theory, balanced, but susceptible to major swing.

I mean, I got guilties N1 and N2, you and blackhawk both targeted me on the same not, not knowing what that would do in combination. And you did it on the exact night my powers ran out.

Plus I was recruited in the masons. So I literally confirmed everyone but blackhawk and royal and blackhawk was soft-confirmed by revealing he did something to me.

Just so everyone knows:

I was 3xshot cop. The night my powers ran out, F-16 and blackhawk targeted me. As per blackhawks' role, it was reset. As per F-16's role, it became unlimited. As per the bonus for both targeting me at the same time, I became double shoot each night.

So it was the confluence of a series of lucky events that won this rather easily for the town.

I can't blame maf for not killing me, as I was essentially supposed to be vanilla after 3 shots. But why they didn't kill someone like, medic, I don't know. Medic was playing pro-town the whole time. Torres was active, but was playing a bit more conservatively and likely to be suspected later on. Just about everyone else was laying low until they were replaced.

It'll be interesting to see the Maf PM (especially when I outed my results).
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 10:59:34 PM
1) Wierdman/royal- Joseph Smith:
2) jm_guilty/AndroII- Richard Dawkins
3) Medic- John Darby:
4) drafterman- Martin Luther
5) CAPS/marcuscato- Alexander Campbell
6) socialpinko- George Fox:
7) F-16- Saint Augustine
8) UnStupendousMan- Charles Taze Russell
9) Lordknukle- John Calvin
10) M.Torres- Francis Asbury:
11) Andromeda- Dr John Thomas
12) wjmelements/F-16II- John Wesley
13)Blackhawk1331- George Whitfield:
14)tyler90az/AndroIII- Charles Fox Parham

NP1 actions

Mafia; killed Andro, role blocked wjm, votesteal medic placed on medic

towns;
Mason, doctor, and vig opted to not use there roles

cop targeted spinko
watcher targeted Tyler
so did the shot recharger, however Tyler did not have shots

the shot perfector (wjm) targeted lordknuckle. was role blocked but ironically was targeting vanilla anyway

and for lack of better term the 'mystery finder' (tyler/androIII) targeted spinko and F-16

NP2
Mafia; killed lordknuckle, roleblocked tyler/androIII, vote stole F-16 put on F16

Town;
Watcher, vig, and mason opted to not use roles
Cop targeted unstupendousman
shot recharger targeted spinko
shot perfector targeted blackhawk

tyler/andro targeted wierdman and medic

NP3
Mafia; killed F-16, roleblocked medic

Town;
cop targeted wjm
Andro targeted royalpalidin and blackhawk

every other living town targeted drafter that nightphase. ironically the watcher who was watching drafter saw none of it being roleblocked.

the cop, having been targeted by both Wesley and Whitfield at once, got the hidden benifit to there roles when combined that not only was his shots recharged and the shot limit flat out removed he gained the ability to investigate multiple targets each night phase, 2 targets

NP4
Mafia; killed AndroIII

Town;
Mason targeted Andro
SuperCop targeted Torres and Medic
Watcher targeted drafter

and the Wesley and Whitfield role again ended up targeting the same person, medic

the watcher turned to a super watcher, losing the shot limit, and could target multiple targets each nightphase, 2 targets

and then there was no NP5 as the last mafia was lynched DP5
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 11:10:37 PM
Drafter, I get what you are saying but the mafia's kill choices were wierd to say the least. First Andro I, then Knuckle (the vanilla), then me, then Andro III, none of us had power roles, (Andro III's role was pretty much useless and they didn't know I was a vig).

I get why they didn't choose you Drafter: you were deadly accurate investigating both mafia that showed guilty to investigation in the first two DPs, but the only mafia left was a GF so they had nothing to fear from a cop.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 11:12:48 PM
At 1/7/2012 10:51:11 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/7/2012 10:35:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Well, I'm guessing they figured that A) my last shot was going to be wasted on a townie and B) had no idea that I'd become an unlimited double-shooting cop.

It's odd that they chose Andro and LK over me, though. LK claimed vanilla and Andro was a distraction.

I think the setup is, in theory, balanced, but susceptible to major swing.

I mean, I got guilties N1 and N2, you and blackhawk both targeted me on the same not, not knowing what that would do in combination. And you did it on the exact night my powers ran out.

Plus I was recruited in the masons. So I literally confirmed everyone but blackhawk and royal and blackhawk was soft-confirmed by revealing he did something to me.

Just so everyone knows:

I was 3xshot cop. The night my powers ran out, F-16 and blackhawk targeted me. As per blackhawks' role, it was reset. As per F-16's role, it became unlimited. As per the bonus for both targeting me at the same time, I became double shoot each night.

So it was the confluence of a series of lucky events that won this rather easily for the town.

I can't blame maf for not killing me, as I was essentially supposed to be vanilla after 3 shots. But why they didn't kill someone like, medic, I don't know. Medic was playing pro-town the whole time. Torres was active, but was playing a bit more conservatively and likely to be suspected later on. Just about everyone else was laying low until they were replaced.

It'll be interesting to see the Maf PM (especially when I outed my results).

I targetted you because your "shots" ran out. I knew they would based on what you said in the dp. I had no idea f-16 targetted you too. Did you know before he said something the next dp?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 11:17:22 PM
It's funny that andro/tyler targetted both f-16 and I at one time but never the same time.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 11:20:32 PM
Martin Luther: founder of Lutheranism, when the bible was printed in English so that all could read, you were the first to come to come to the Catholic church with some hard questions. You are a 3-shot cop. Three times during the game you can investigate one target during the night phase. You will get a result of ‘Guilty' or ‘not Guilty' based on who you target.

Wasn't the first non-Latin language that the Bible was printed in German? Translated by Luther? Also, how would Luther have read it in English when he was German? Plus, wasn't Luther a priest, so had already read the Bible? I was told that the selling of indulgences pushed Luther over the edge to where he went and posted the theses.

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2012 11:55:56 PM
This game was set to be standard roles with a twist you all have already figured out, all the regular roles were x-shots.

next twist being two roles that could do something about those x-shots. one role that would just 'refill' the shots but leave the limit, the other that would flat out take away the limit, makeing an 'x'-shot doctor a plain old doctor for example.

I liked the idea of either of those kind of roles but with a 'perfecting' role it kind of takes away the impotence of the recharger role, so even if the perfecter had removed the shot limit of every posiible target the recharger could ever choose that was left, he could still have a usefull purpose, why not take the 'enhancement' roles farther than just making a handicaped role a normal one, but make it possible to enhance those roles better than they are in most games.

but I told no one this in there role, just hinted at it too my really off-beat role that it seems most of you enjoyed, the pentacostle one who could find out what two people could do something together if he targeted them both. he was handicapped from telling anyone the secret though because of the toungs thing. there church is so characterized by speaking in toungs I wanted to incorporate that a little into there role also, and it turned out really fun there for a while.

I figured that left for pretty good balance, the town was given by default just the handicaped x-shot roles, and could not get the excessive power advantage of a 'Super Cop' or a 'Super doctor' unless a series of unlikely events happed first. the pentecostle would have to find out what two roles could do that, those two roles still had to be alive by then so they could be directed to target the same person

what I did not count on was how when only one living 'x'shot role claimed in any given dayphase, both of players with the enhancement roles naturally targeted the same person anyway.

any of this could have been off-set by mafia action of course, they could have killed Wesley the first night phase rendering the pentecosle role useless and speaking babble, or the Whitfield role might have died.

a lot could have happened that would have made if very hard for the town had the mafia played a little smarter so I only made three mafia. by the way it wasnt just town verses 3 mafia there was a third party that should have added to mess this up for the town too. anyway I thought it was overall balanced because of that.

also when I came up with the idea for this theme was when I learned in class one day 'oh, so theirs only 3 denominations the UMC does not consider christian officially' and naturally my first thought is make a mafia team based on that since there are mafia games with just 3 mafia. I did try to think of another church to go with those leaders to see if I could make it 4 people if I needed too but I couldn't think of any.

on the 'calling churches frauds' accusation. I did not put that in any role PM, not even the mafias. I said 'deviation from Christianity'. I'm not going to pretend I did not base the mafia off the UMC's officially not recognized as christian list and saying they are not christian is not the same as saying they are 'frauds'. the inclusion of Alexander Cambell and Dr. John Thomas should have put the tone for how the mafia where considered appart from the rest of the church denominations. Cambell preached for unity in the essentials, diversity in the non-essentials, in all things love/charity (a Martin Luther teaching also). The thing ties are denominations together as a 'eccumenical' church are the agreement on those essential things, even though we disagree on some of the small issues.

by most deference strokes of christian standards this causes all the denominations to be on the same page....except for three uniquely different ones.

if your mormon, a quaker, or a JW's, dont be offended that makes you special. just like Australia should not be offended that its not considered on of the states in the U.S., they are there whole own other thing

the closest I came to saying something offensive is with Calvins role. but Wesley Vs Calvin is one of the most epic 'non-essential' debates that goes on in any denomination. who better to make a vanilla put in there for balancing purposes than the founder of the theology that opposes the one that for the most part was in all the other town roles.

the perfectionism and revivalism (spiritual growth) that defined the whole boosting the 'x'shot roles to greater 'sanctified' heights of 'super' versions of themselves.

I king of thought the various characters I put in would make for it easy for the mafia to argue there fake claims no matter who was outed first and to argue against the real ones. even though they all fit my theme it not a pefect fit for them all. with there being so many different church leaders it could have drawn suspicion leader from churches already claimed, 3 of the roles were Methodist (I'm counting Wesley as part of that of course), while not by my church the Christadeilphians are considered cultic by some churches so knowing that was kind of the mafia characters kind of (churches considered to be cultic by a lot of other churches right now) and this same logic could have been used to target a Catholic character too (Cathlics used to be called a cult in Kennedy's day, and some still hang onto that notion) and Darby and espically Dawkins were much more recent figures from history making them stand out.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 12:06:09 AM
At 1/7/2012 11:20:32 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Wasn't the first non-Latin language that the Bible was printed in German? Translated by Luther? Also, how would Luther have read it in English when he was German? Plus, wasn't Luther a priest, so had already read the Bible? I was told that the selling of indulgences pushed Luther over the edge to where he went and posted the theses.

wow, I did not think about that tell now. The first 3 town charaters I wanted to put in the game was Luther, Wesley, and Calvin since there so big historically. Luther seemed my best shot at creating an explanation for cop. but I honestly thought the new translating of the bible was part of what started all that chain of events, but now that I think about it I may have just been jumbling up stuff they teach at ruffly the same week in history class.

indulgences was the main thing that caused him to put his complaints on the door, but I'm pretty sure in his movement he tried to get everyday laymen to read the bible for themselves as much as the priest did, who were the only ones at the time that read it for everyone else, telling them whats in it. indulgences is one of the most ridiculous things that was not in it that they started pushing as if it were.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 12:10:27 AM
At 1/8/2012 12:06:09 AM, Marauder wrote:

wow, I did not think about that tell now. The first 3 town charaters I wanted to put in the game was Luther, Wesley, and Calvin since there so big historically. Luther seemed my best shot at creating an explanation for cop. but I honestly thought the new translating of the bible was part of what started all that chain of events, but now that I think about it I may have just been jumbling up stuff they teach at ruffly the same week in history class.

indulgences was the main thing that caused him to put his complaints on the door, but I'm pretty sure in his movement he tried to get everyday laymen to read the bible for themselves as much as the priest did, who were the only ones at the time that read it for everyone else, telling them whats in it. indulgences is one of the most ridiculous things that was not in it that they started pushing as if it were.

English wasnt the lauguage of any contry at the time also, it was a 'poormans' lauguage that mixed much of the surrounding countries laugages. it was a long time before upper class started speaking english but it was pivital in getting everybody to be able to read the bible, including the poor people who read it and little else.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 12:44:50 AM
My analisis is that the mafia suffered not just from bad luck but from not thinking through any of there moves. I couldnt tell you what there thoughts were for most of there kills and actions cause they did not get into dicussing them too much.

I thought for sure the whole game would lose the possibilty of getting super-cops or super-doctors when wjm was the first to be pressured to claim and the mafia would find out he was John Wesley. Even if your not Methoidist or know much about the characters in this game if your doing what you do in games you know little about, the info was avalible that I probably made John Wesley important. my avatar for the past year has been a staute of him for petes sake. right now its of Francis Asbury.

they did have the sense to roleblock him at least but they decided to kill Andro cause 'dur, she can speak spanish'

then they kill Lordkuckle for the Calvin claim thinking I would make him cult or something good. spinko was really convinced there was a cult 'its chritian mafia after all'
yeah, mabye this theam is bound to have a cult if athiest were moding it, but you should have no reason to think that when I mod it. all the best cannadites for cult roles (except for jim jones) they knew they already had you would think that would drop suspicoun of that.

then during a dayphase that drafter outed two of them they thought 'dur kill F-16 so we wont have to steal his votes anymore....'

you will have to ask royal why Andro was targeted last, but If I had to guess fear of what hidden power was behind the spanish speaking role was getting to them.

something I find worth remembering about fake claims and real claims we can learn from how this game went
observation one, fear tactics work....to a degree. whenever there used people always go 'oh your using fear tactics' but then they take forever hesitating to vote to lynch the liar. spinkos fake role was ridiculous on ever level and yet you let him live another phase cause it 'might' be real cause he said it was.

observation two, we are clearly too paranoid about flavored cops. a cop give a result and the immediate town reaction was 'lets lynch him to find out if his results are true....'
seriously? I get being a little wary but come on, flavored arent used that often in the games I have been in, and even if it were flavored he's still a town, goal is too lynch mafia.
It's pretty bad when your SOP for any claim from another town is 'assume the worst about there character that they cant refute until there dead wich we will cause to solve this problem." wich basically causes you to lynch whoever you happen to be thinking about, only thing holding you back when your target scares you from doing like spinko did.

all in all I would have to say the town and the mafia did not do too great this game, victory was acquired by luck mostly and one MVP

I'd label Drafterman the MVP for the town this game hands down. his use of his role was spot on why it was handicapped and abused for capital gain when it got super empowered. the town was running in a crazy circle that could have led to his own un-deserved lynch just to find out his role, and he very quickly restored sanity and reason back into the town.

"horse, hears water, drink."

A Scout is Obedient.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:43:31 AM

He did want people to read the Bible. That's why he translated it into German.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 1:46:37 AM
At 1/8/2012 12:10:27 AM, Marauder wrote:

English wasnt the lauguage of any contry at the time also, it was a 'poormans' lauguage that mixed much of the surrounding countries laugages. it was a long time before upper class started speaking english but it was pivital in getting everybody to be able to read the bible, including the poor people who read it and little else.

Didn't know that. I was taught he translated it to German.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 6:57:55 PM
I was jerking around at the end of that game there. You guys were all "THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER MAFIA" and so I went off of your paranoia. :P

Also, that's silly that Mafia killed Andro for knowing Spanish, and then never killed me. :P It would have been better since I was bulletproof! >:D

Also, pretty sure Luther DID translate it into German, and not English. Just saying.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:01:09 PM
At 1/8/2012 6:57:55 PM, M.Torres wrote:
I was jerking around at the end of that game there. You guys were all "THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER MAFIA" and so I went off of your paranoia. :P

Also, that's silly that Mafia killed Andro for knowing Spanish, and then never killed me. :P It would have been better since I was bulletproof! >:D

Also, pretty sure Luther DID translate it into German, and not English. Just saying.

Torres, it wasn't unreasonable to assume 4 mafia in a 14 player game. It wouldn't have mattered though if there were since everyone but you were confirmed.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:01:44 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:01:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Torres, it wasn't unreasonable to assume 4 mafia in a 14 player game. It wouldn't have mattered though if there were since everyone but you were confirmed.

Yeah, the mafia kill choices were mind-boggling, to say the least.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:02:46 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:01:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I totally was confirmed. The logic that "I COULD BE GODFATHER OH NOEZ" applied to everyone who was investigated. That bothered me when you said that.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:03:44 PM
BTW, with the Godfather being the only remaining mafia, it didn't matter that I got a power boost. It was only by sheer luck of me choosing Torres and medic (and ruling out blackhawk) that we settled on royal. Had I chosen anyone else, it would have been a very different and interesting game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:05:20 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:03:44 PM, drafterman wrote:
BTW, with the Godfather being the only remaining mafia, it didn't matter that I got a power boost. It was only by sheer luck of me choosing Torres and medic (and ruling out blackhawk) that we settled on royal. Had I chosen anyone else, it would have been a very different and interesting game.

Everyone but Torres and Royal were doubly confirmed. I was sure that they were the last two mafia. Had you chosen Royal, we would have lynched Torres, then Royal. Same result.

Also, town didn't mislynch even once.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:05:27 PM

It was only on account of you being DDO's Best Investigative Player. lol

Also, this game made me realize Spinko is DDO's Best Fake Claimer. Or Blue. They both are geniuses at fake claims.

And seriously. Andro is DDO's Most Likely To Die Before DP2.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:06:06 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:05:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Everyone but Torres and Royal were doubly confirmed. I was sure that they were the last two mafia. Had you chosen Royal, we would have lynched Torres, then Royal. Same result.

Also, town didn't mislynch even once.

Town's lynches:

DP1: No lynch
DP2: Survivor
DP3: Mafia
DP4: Mafia
DP5: Mafia
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:07:47 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:05:27 PM, M.Torres wrote:

It was only on account of you being DDO's Best Investigative Player. lol

Also, this game made me realize Spinko is DDO's Best Fake Claimer. Or Blue. They both are geniuses at fake claims.

And seriously. Andro is DDO's Most Likely To Die Before DP2.

Are you kidding. If Spinko was the miller who came up guilty to investigations, he should have claimed in DP1 on the first page. Simple as that. You should have lynched him then and there. I CANNOT believe anyone bought his claim.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:29:32 PM
Seriously, mafia, why did you kill Andro1 for being able to speak Spanish? MTorres can speak Spanish, too and anyone can use Google Translate. Why didn't you kill Wesley? It's obvious from the character name that he had a good role. And then, which is the really crazy part, you killed Andro3 when you could have killed the double cop. I don't understand a thing the mafia did this game. :/
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:41:59 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:29:32 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Seriously, mafia, why did you kill Andro1 for being able to speak Spanish? MTorres can speak Spanish, too and anyone can use Google Translate. Why didn't you kill Wesley? It's obvious from the character name that he had a good role. And then, which is the really crazy part, you killed Andro3 when you could have killed the double cop. I don't understand a thing the mafia did this game. :/

You know why, Andro? We F-A-I-L-E-D miserably.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:44:46 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:41:59 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

I REALLY want to see this mafia PM.

Can someone please please please post it?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 8:03:00 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:44:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 1/8/2012 7:41:59 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

I REALLY want to see this mafia PM.

Can someone please please please post it?

I am not sure they know how to do it.