Beginner Game 5.2 - Day 2

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 5:04:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DAY 2

The people of Anyville awake from their uneasy rest to quite a horrible sight. In front of the gallows in the town square, a chair stands. Sitting on the chair is the corpse of 16kadams, his dress bloodied, mouth open, with his eyes bulging. Marks on his wrists and ankles indicate he was tied up. There are two marks on his pale neck. One is indicative of some kind of garrote wire, indicateing he had been strangled. Another mark, lower on the neck, is a dark, deep red color. When one brave townie finally attempts to examine the head and mark more closely, the head slides back and falls behind the chair—his tiara rolls a few more feet than the head. One thing is definitely clear: 16kadams, the Beloved Princess, is dead.

Everyone by this point is now crying, for she WAS Beloved. The people resolve to spend all of Day 2 creating and carrying out the Princess' funeral. And it was, indeed, a beautiful one.

With tears in their eyes for the Beloved, the people head to bed as the sun sets.

It is now Night 2. Please get your actions in ASAP. Night 2 is slated to end Monday, 8:30 pm, CST.

THE DEAD

16kadams - You are the Beloved Princess. If you die, the following Day will be skipped (as everyone will be at your funeral). You win with the Town.

THE LIVING

esisCOA
Royalpaladin
Chthonian
MasterKage
Jordan56
CAPLock
LordKnukle
OberHerr
vmpire321
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 5:16:09 PM
wow... This is peculiar.

Usually a Beloved Princess, if killed by the mafia makes them skip a night phase. Honestly, Beloved Princess if a pretty bad claim for town as it can either equal what happened now or turn into another *non target princess but target power roles instead* scenario.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 5:16:46 PM
Does anybody have any investigative reports?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 6:02:11 PM
Knuckle and I are pretty much both confirmed because neither of us is n00bish enough to kill a Beloved Princess.

FOS esisCOA and FOS vmpire
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 6:04:08 PM
At 1/8/2012 6:02:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Knuckle and I are pretty much both confirmed because neither of us is n00bish enough to kill a Beloved Princess.

I claim vanilla
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 6:06:13 PM
At 1/8/2012 6:04:08 PM, esisCOA wrote:

I claim vanilla

Day Phase is OVER
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:27:14 PM
At 1/8/2012 6:06:13 PM, MasterKage wrote:

I claim vanilla

Day Phase is OVER

Doesn't mean we can't post.

Also, I'm sorry Esis, but I don't buy your vanilla claim. THREE vanillas in a 10 person game with 7 townies is too unlikely. FOS on Esis next DP. That would mean horrible balancing on the mod's part and I'm pretty sure that Dninja is not horrible at modding.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:28:56 PM
That was.....disturbing.....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:33:04 PM
Quick question, when a person dies, is their role always revealed?

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:33:34 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:33:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Unless they are janitored.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:34:41 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:27:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I claim vanilla

Day Phase is OVER

Also, I'm sorry Esis, but I don't buy your vanilla claim. THREE vanillas in a 10 person game with 7 townies is too unlikely. FOS on Esis next DP. That would mean horrible balancing on the mod's part and I'm pretty sure that Dninja is not horrible at modding.

esis is obvious.

I am suspicious about Kage as well because he was actively attempting to prevent us from posting in the thread to clarify the mod's mistake. Cop, if you exist, please investigate Kage tonight.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:35:00 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:33:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Whats janitored?

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:36:49 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:34:41 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/8/2012 7:27:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I claim vanilla

Day Phase is OVER

esis is obvious.

I am suspicious about Kage as well because he was actively attempting to prevent us from posting in the thread to clarify the mod's mistake. Cop, if you exist, please investigate Kage tonight.

Well, we weren't supposed to post there anyways lol. But yeah, Cop on Kage, we'll see what happens next DP.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:37:36 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:35:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Whats janitored?

Mafia Janitor - Can choose one person at night. If that person dies at the hands of someone other than the Mafia, only the Janitor leans his role, and the town is not told what role he was. In some variations may be able to select people the Mafia are going to kill, but then is limited to one or two cover-ups in the game.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:39:09 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:37:36 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/8/2012 7:35:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Whats janitored?

Mafia Janitor - Can choose one person at night. If that person dies at the hands of someone other than the Mafia, only the Janitor leans his role, and the town is not told what role he was. In some variations may be able to select people the Mafia are going to kill, but then is limited to one or two cover-ups in the game.

Hmm, seems oddly powerful.

esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:40:17 PM
okay vote me off again, games where I have no roles are mad boring, so I really dont care. In fact ill vtl myself again to make it quicker.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:41:33 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:40:17 PM, esisCOA wrote:
okay vote me off again, games where I have no roles are mad boring, so I really dont care. In fact ill vtl myself again to make it quicker.

That attitude is a cardinal sin on mafia games.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:41:37 PM

Um, ok. We have to wait til next phase though.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:41:41 PM

That is not going to work this time. I am confirmed, and I believe Cthonian because he claimed before he was investigated. Unless the mod completely screwed this game up (which is possible if he intended the Princess to be completely anti-town), there is NO way that you are vanilla.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:43:52 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:41:41 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

That is not going to work this time. I am confirmed, and I believe Cthonian because he claimed before he was investigated. Unless the mod completely screwed this game up (which is possible if he intended the Princess to be completely anti-town), there is NO way that you are vanilla.

What are you talking about? When was Cthonian investigated? Also, nobody is confirmed. It's just not likely that either you or I are mafia. I assume the cop was on Royal or I last night, any results?
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:45:16 PM

ok tbh I really dont care. as i said i will help you guys by vtling myself. i was sincere about that last time and I am sincere about it this time. just do me a favor and when you see the truth, vtl yourself.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:46:32 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:43:52 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

What are you talking about? When was Cthonian investigated? Also, nobody is confirmed. It's just not likely that either you or I are mafia. I assume the cop was on Royal or I last night, any results?

I guess I was a little unclear. Cthonian has not been investigated; I meant that he claimed miller without being investigated.

I know that I am town and I believe Cthonian, which means that esis is lying.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:46:36 PM
Hmm. Essentially I believe my role is a powerful one.

But anyways, it's interesting how Knuckle and Paladin are buddying up.
From what I can tell, the mod seems to have overpowered the Mafia and underpowered the townies.

FOS on Knuckle and Paladin
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:47:39 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:46:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I guess I was a little unclear. Cthonian has not been investigated; I meant that he claimed miller without being investigated.

Well, unless you and Cthonian are mafia of course. Then that means he could be telling the truth.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:47:46 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:46:36 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

From what I can tell, the mod seems to have overpowered the Mafia and underpowered the townies.

LOL, vmpire, that strategy is not going to work.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:50:21 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:46:36 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

How exactly are we buddying up? It's just unlikely for any of us to be mafia because we aren't stupid enough to kill the Beloved Princess (even though it was a successful move for mafia) and any cop who got a guilty verdict would have already pronounced it. Because every time townies try to catch mafia and work together, it is buddying up. Right...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:50:48 PM
You are forgetting that Knuckle and I were literally complaining about the mod mistake. Why would we do that if we were mafia? We both literally posted in the announcements PM to ask the mod to reconsider his decision.
esisCOA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:51:03 PM
At 1/8/2012 7:46:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

okay you got me, I'm lying. I'm Mafia. I sent the hit on the princess. it was fun.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2012 7:52:06 PM
Hmm. I don't know about this. :/

I suppose Esis would seem more scummie. But I still feel suspicious. lol.

This is my first game playing town :)