2. jm
3.Blackhawk1331
4. Drafterman
5. DetectableNinja
6. PR (i'm_always_right)
7. Medic
8. USM

Dead

F-16: Mafia day time politician. At any time, you can make one player vote for anyone you like (especially useful to make someone hammer). You win with the mafia.

Socialpinko – day time serial killer.

Caplock: Day-time Mason recruiter. Each DP, recruit one person. If you target non-town, you die.

LK: PGO. Town.

It takes 5 to lynch.

Let the next phase begin.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 6:48:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/9/2012 12:39:36 AM, medic0506 wrote:
DP 2 and I got the #2 post so might as well get a claim from #2 on the list.

VTL JM

Well, LK requested that, when he flips innocent we lynch you. There appears to be a vig, so I'd keep an eye out for that as well. I'm not going to make the same mistake as NASCAR mafia, so I'll go with the pressure.

VTL JM
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 10:53:17 AM
*** UPDATE ***

LK2 has replaced jm_notguilty

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 11:19:53 AM
Would you like me to claim now? It will not be beneficial to town.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Im_always_right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 11:29:56 AM
At 1/9/2012 11:19:53 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

well if you have a role like miller, yes.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 11:30:48 AM
At 1/9/2012 11:29:56 AM, Im_always_right wrote:
At 1/9/2012 11:19:53 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

well if you have a role like miller, yes.

It's a power role.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 11:47:28 AM
At 1/9/2012 11:17:23 AM, Im_always_right wrote:
VTL Medic
Isn't it fairly obvious?

No it isn't obvious. I do understand the suspicion on me but keep in mind that you have another player, Andro, who says her role is also handicapped like mine.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 11:50:04 AM
VTL Medic
Isn't it fairly obvious?

You could always visit me to test my claim. :)
Im_always_right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 1:46:50 PM
At 1/9/2012 11:50:04 AM, medic0506 wrote:
VTL Medic
Isn't it fairly obvious?

You could always visit me to test my claim. :)

Or I could lynch you.
Two PGOs in a rather small game? Doesn't seem likely. Plus there are tons of times when townies get roles that hinder the town in some way, having someone like that in the game hardly confirms you.
Im_always_right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 1:48:02 PM
Also andro hasn't been killed, nor has she been investigated (to my knowledge) and therefore is no more confirmed than you or I.
There is just reason to suspect you while there isn't for her or anyone else really.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:49:14 PM
*** UPDATE ***

lickdafoot has replaced detectableninja

*** UPDATE ***
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 3:57:33 PM
Honestly, I don't buy Medic's claim. In a 12 person game, with 4 mafia and 1 third party, that leaves 7 townies. One is a PGO, and one is a Mason Recruiter. That leaves 5 townies. My role, even though a power role, really kinda sucks. That leaves 4 townies. One must be doc, and one must be cop. Of the remaining other two, one of them is probably a tracker and the other a watcher. I doubt that there would be two slightly different PGOs with this type of game. It would imply a heavy anti-town basis. Right now, we should just get a few more claims to narrow down the possibility of Medic being town.

VTL Andro
Im_always_right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 4:16:03 PM
At 1/9/2012 3:57:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Honestly, I don't buy Medic's claim. In a 12 person game, with 4 mafia and 1 third party, that leaves 7 townies. One is a PGO, and one is a Mason Recruiter. That leaves 5 townies. My role, even though a power role, really kinda sucks. That leaves 4 townies. One must be doc, and one must be cop. Of the remaining other two, one of them is probably a tracker and the other a watcher. I doubt that there would be two slightly different PGOs with this type of game. It would imply a heavy anti-town basis. Right now, we should just get a few more claims to narrow down the possibility of Medic being town.

VTL Andro

I'll agree with that
VTL andro for pressure.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 4:55:25 PM
I now have a problem with Medic, for all the reasons I have listed and LK (earlier in this thread) has posted.

VTL MEDIC

If Medic is a PGO... I now have a problem with Bluesteel.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 4:57:11 PM

VTL Andro

first of all, you say there are 4 mafia but there is no way of knowing that.

second of all, you say you have a power role and then you say your role sucks. which is it?

I'm undecided on medic right now. It's odd to have two pgos in one game, but the way medic counterclaimed seemed legit enough. i also have a role that hinders town, so it is likely mafia is small and doesn't have major roles. probably no roleblocker. We can leave medic for later once we have gotten to the point where everyone has claimed so we can see how his role matches up.

I'm fine with both andro and lk claiming.

LK claimed a power role but not watcher, tracker, doctor, or cop. That leaves his options very limited and mafia can probably decipher it anyway, so he might as well come out with a claim. This way if there is a doc, he can be protected. Vtl LK

As far as andro, she said her role hinders town, so it s probably best that town knows what it is.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 4:59:32 PM
At 1/9/2012 4:57:11 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

VTL Andro

first of all, you say there are 4 mafia but there is no way of knowing that.

second of all, you say you have a power role and then you say your role sucks. which is it?

I'm undecided on medic right now. It's odd to have two pgos in one game, but the way medic counterclaimed seemed legit enough. i also have a role that hinders town, so it is likely mafia is small and doesn't have major roles. probably no roleblocker. We can leave medic for later once we have gotten to the point where everyone has claimed so we can see how his role matches up.

I'm fine with both andro and lk claiming.

LK claimed a power role but not watcher, tracker, doctor, or cop. That leaves his options very limited and mafia can probably decipher it anyway, so he might as well come out with a claim. This way if there is a doc, he can be protected. Vtl LK

As far as andro, she said her role hinders town, so it s probably best that town knows what it is.

I'll also say that I don't really buy his reluctance or much of his analysis at this point so I think he's prob faking his role.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 5:02:50 PM
I'm a one-shot role cop. I haven't used my ability yet.

There is most likely 4 mafia since it is usually a 1/3 mafia townie ratio.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 5:08:20 PM
At 1/9/2012 5:02:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

not when there is a serial killer, and a bunch of roles that hinder town.

i'd say theres probably 3.

you should prob use that soon because maf will try to kill you and we don't know if there is a doc or if they have protected you this dp.

unvote
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 5:30:39 PM
At 1/9/2012 5:08:20 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/9/2012 5:02:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

not when there is a serial killer, and a bunch of roles that hinder town.

i'd say theres probably 3.

you should prob use that soon because maf will try to kill you and we don't know if there is a doc or if they have protected you this dp.

unvote

Well if there is no DOC, then town is highly screwed.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 5:38:34 PM

No, I said that my role has a handicap. Ordinarily it is a very good role. Since there's pressure on me, I'll just go ahead and explain. I'm a day time schizo cop. Every day, I pick two players to investigate and receive two results in return. The problem is that one result of the two is paranoid, and I'm not told which.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 6:49:00 PM
At 1/9/2012 5:38:34 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

No, I said that my role has a handicap. Ordinarily it is a very good role. Since there's pressure on me, I'll just go ahead and explain. I'm a day time schizo cop. Every day, I pick two players to investigate and receive two results in return. The problem is that one result of the two is paranoid, and I'm not told which.

I can validate this, actually. I'm a schizo LD. Pretty much the same thing. Pick two statements from the previous DP. I get back results, but one is reverse (True = False) and I don't know which.

I was wary of the PGOs. I still assert it's ambiguous as to whether or not LD counts as a visit. So I avoided LK1 and medic for those reasons. Spinko is dead, so I just picked the first two townies to claim yesterday outside of that group: Andro and JM (now LK2).

I got "True" for both of their statements. Which means one is false and therefore lying. Since Andro's role is in a similar vein to my own, so I'm inclined to believe that the real True is on Andro and the fake true is on LK.

Unofficial Vote Count
LK2 - 2/5 - medic, drafterman
medic - 1/5 - USM
Andro - 1/5 - LK2, IAR
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 6:55:56 PM
At 1/9/2012 6:49:00 PM, drafterman wrote:
I can validate this, actually. I'm a schizo LD. Pretty much the same thing. Pick two statements from the previous DP. I get back results, but one is reverse (True = False) and I don't know which.

I was wary of the PGOs. I still assert it's ambiguous as to whether or not LD counts as a visit. So I avoided LK1 and medic for those reasons. Spinko is dead, so I just picked the first two townies to claim yesterday outside of that group: Andro and JM (now LK2).

I got "True" for both of their statements. Which means one is false and therefore lying. Since Andro's role is in a similar vein to my own, so I'm inclined to believe that the real True is on Andro and the fake true is on LK.

Unofficial Vote Count
LK2 - 2/5 - medic, drafterman
medic - 1/5 - USM
Andro - 1/5 - LK2, IAR

Okay, let's lynch LK then. I know I'm telling the truth, and if you're telling the truth (which I believe you are because of the similarity in our roles), then LK isn't. VTL LK . I swear I don't have a vendetta against you, lol.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 7:02:46 PM
At 1/9/2012 6:58:58 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
One schizo role-okay. A changeup on the usual role. Two... I dunno. Sounds fishy. If this doesn't work, Drafter...

Yet, we have two PGOs.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 7:03:56 PM
One schizo role-okay. A changeup on the usual role. Two... I dunno. Sounds fishy. If this doesn't work, Drafter...

Well, we didn't think there was a SK either, and look how that turned out. This is obviously not a normal game, so I don't think mod psychology is going to get us anywhere.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 7:04:35 PM
At 1/9/2012 7:02:46 PM, drafterman wrote:

Yet, we have two PGOs.

If Medic is one. He may not be.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 7:09:39 PM
At 1/9/2012 7:03:56 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Well, we didn't think there was a SK either, and look how that turned out. This is obviously not a normal game, so I don't think mod psychology is going to get us anywhere.

Mod psychology. LOL.

[The scene is in a depressingly cliche psychologist office. There is a person on a bed laying down. There is a cliche-y psychologist with a pen and pad in a leather chair. The person being psychoanalyzed is a mafia mod.]

Psychologist: So, tell me about your childhood.
Mod: I spent a lot of it playing mafia.